Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carmelo Anthony to The New York Knicks
just announced on ESPN
THANK GOD!

This was getting as bad as the Favre deal!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
It's about time. Thank goodness this is over with.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Knicks Get:
Carmelo Anthony

Chauncey Billups

Sheldon Williams

Anthony Carter

Renaldo Balkman

Nuggets Get:
Wilson Chandler

Raymond Felton

Danilo Gallinari

Timofey Mozgov

Knicks 2014 1st Round Draft Pick

Warriors 2012 2nd Round Draft Pick

Warriors 2013 2nd Round Draft Pick

$3 Million In Cash

This Is A 3-Team Deal Between New York, Denver and Minnesota, But I Don't Know Why Golden State's Draft Picks Are apart Of The Deal

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/n...id=6145912
Interesting. I was waiting for the 1 hour special on ESPN.
Is it just me or does anyone else think this is a bad deal for the Knicks? I mean they lose two real good young players in Felton and Galinari for Melo. Billups is getting old and the other players are not worth it.

They could have waited and got him in the off-season as a free agent.
^ Corey Brewer was also dealt to the Knicks in this deal
Amun-Ra Wrote:Is it just me or does anyone else think this is a bad deal for the Knicks? I mean they lose two real good young players in Felton and Galinari for Melo. Billups is getting old and the other players are not worth it.

That is exactly what I said too. I dont like this move by the Knicks at all, and they gave away a lot of Melos supporting cast.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Strikeout King Wrote:^ Corey Brewer was also dealt to the Knicks in this deal
That aint bad but I dont think he is anywhere near the player of Galinari.
^ i didn't know he was dealt until someone informed me that he had been dealt, when i last looked at the story it had the same players in it that i posted
Well Aslan can change that picture now.
I'm glad to see Melo end up in New York but I was hoping they would'nt give up Danilo Gallinari. However, I'm glad the whole Melo trade talk is over.
Amun-Ra Wrote:Is it just me or does anyone else think this is a bad deal for the Knicks? I mean they lose two real good young players in Felton and Galinari for Melo. Billups is getting old and the other players are not worth it.

Melo would have re-upped with Denver. He was set to lose as much as $50M if he would have waited it out. Thus, New York's only chance was to make a deal!
HawksRule Wrote:Well Aslan can change that picture now.

Aslan can leave his...
I have to change mine though lol
It was getting old anyway
Glad that it is over, and that it did not take 4 1st rounders. The Nets were in a losing game from the start.
This is a good move for the Knicks. Billups is a solid pg. All they need is solid role players
LWC Wrote:Glad that it is over, and that it did not take 4 1st rounders. The Nets were in a losing game from the start.

I read that the Nets owner said the only reason he threw that on the table was to get NY to offer more to get him at the deadline.
Knicks are already a force...
Billups, Amare, and Melo... Dangerous cast.
^ would have been much more dangerous if they could have kept just Felton.
Let the bandwagoneers roll.
If they could have kept Galinari they would have been FIERCE.
Billups at point, Melo leading in scoring, Amare ruling the paint, and then when all else fails kick it to Galinari for the trey....

They are going to be a good team.
But I just think they should have held on to Galinari.
zaga_fan Wrote:Aslan can leave his...
I have to change mine though lol
It was getting old anyway

Shoot it was late last night I just thought of a Laker fan.:biggrin:
Commodore_Colonel Wrote:Let the bandwagoneers roll.

Let em roll.
The Knicks still won't have it all together come postseason Wink
I'm glad this is finally over.

Isn't this the truth!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
The Knicks did give up a few good pieces in this deal but, this deal definitely makes them better. They was just a .500 team before this deal. Now they have Amare, Melo, Billups, and a few decent role players. This deal also gave them some cap space, so they gave themselves an opportunity to sign a big free agent when the time comes.
K_Mac Wrote:^ would have been much more dangerous if they could have kept just Felton.

Felton IMO could do better.

Surely your not pointing that at me, I hate the Knicks but this team will be good.
Trades and moves during free agency like these are killing small market nba teams..not a fan of leaving little teams out in the cold...When i grew up in the 80's and 90's each team had one or two good players and depended on role players such as Bulls. Do you think Jordan could have won without the likes of Kerr, Rodman, Harper and so on I think not? This new NBA is leaning towards a monopoly for the wealthy franchises. Jordan and Barkley said the would have never called or made a pat to play on the same team.
What the freak where they waiting for!?!
I'd let to get a seat on the wagon, I'm a fan of the Celtics but I'm going to be cheering for these Knicks the rest of the year. I hope they win it all.