Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Volleyball Player in the 15th
I think it is AC underclassman Brittany "hoagie" Hodge #6 (outside hitter/ setter) she played for the highschool ever since she was in the 6th grade ! she started some her 8th year and never sat down her Freshman year
Lakayla Johnson of Magoffin Co. She is a great athlete and can really put the ball away.
Idk... there are so many good volleyball players in the 15th its hard to just pick one to consider the best.
Yeah i agree...
amber tackett
what school does amber tackett go to?
"jcvolleychicks" Wrote:what school does amber tackett go to?
south floyd
lakayla jhonson-mc
Hoagie Hodge from ACHS
ACHS's Mosley was the bast in 05 but i dont know about 06
"jcvolleychicks" Wrote:Idk... there are so many good volleyball players in the 15th its hard to just pick one to consider the best.

Good point...many excel in two or three areas. Can't think of any who are five tool players. Last year only one or two in the region who could do everything.
"Boss Hogg" Wrote:Good point...many excel in two or three areas. Can't think of any who are five tool players. Last year only one or two in the region who could do everything.

so true
I think the 15th region has made great improvements in how we play volleyball. I also think that some of our best athletes are becoming involved in the sport and will make it even better. If you are mentioning a list of good players in the 15th, you can't leave out Celena Conley of JCHS or the Johnson girl that plays for them. I also think that Amanda Gibson of Magoffin County is a very strong player.:Cheerlead
"goldengirl" Wrote:I think the 15th region has made great improvements in how we play volleyball. I also think that some of our best athletes are becoming involved in the sport and will make it even better. If you are mentioning a list of good players in the 15th, you can't leave out Celena Conley of JCHS or the Johnson girl that plays for them. I also think that Amanda Gibson of Magoffin County is a very strong player.:Cheerlead

I really like Conley...best blocker in region last year. Belfry's strategy was to set the ball away from her in championship game. What number was Johnson? Who served first for JC last year--Lafferty? She had a very good all round game. Didn't see Gibson, I think she was injured. Johnson is a strong net player for MC. Thacker for Belfry strong on net...Nikki Robinette has a very good all round game for them as well...goes unnoticed. Amanda Moon best server in region for them--97.8% accuracy. Pike Central returns two strong net players, Lowe and Ratliff, and a left handed freshman who played well. Still have to pass the ball...that's where it's at. I know Sheldon Clark has a nice team returning, don't remember any individual players.

Need more of the basketball players out.
Mosley is the best ever.. she could block dig and HIT HIT HIT big time .. she gave some facials
Amber Tackett from South Floyd....she has a wicked serve and the girl can flat play. She an awesome outside hitter as well.
Elizabeth Mosely - ACHS
Chelsee Jarrell - Paintsville
Celena Conley - JCHS

Heard Mosley and Jarrell will be teamates up at Pikeville....Congrats to these girls and Good Luck Up There!!!
[sup]i'm going with betsy allen from schs..she was dominant...she is very good and blocked very well..with jami dye and rana preece setting her up she did very well[/sup]
I agree that there arent many 5 tool players... but there are some players that really shine thru with there teams i believe that ratliff is one of those from Pike Central and as well as #6 from belfry not sure of her name... but i know shes got some height and is a great hitter... dont kno that much about some of the other girls in the region we dont get to play them as much but these 2 girls have some talent.
If anyone attended the Pikeville Invitational Tournament this weekend they could see that Lakayla Johnson of Magoffin Co. is the best player in the region.
Boss Hogg Wrote:I really like Conley...best blocker in region last year. Belfry's strategy was to set the ball away from her in championship game. What number was Johnson? Who served first for JC last year--Lafferty? She had a very good all round game. Didn't see Gibson, I think she was injured. Johnson is a strong net player for MC. Thacker for Belfry strong on net...Nikki Robinette has a very good all round game for them as well...goes unnoticed. Amanda Moon best server in region for them--97.8% accuracy. Pike Central returns two strong net players, Lowe and Ratliff, and a left handed freshman who played well. Still have to pass the ball...that's where it's at. I know Sheldon Clark has a nice team returning, don't remember any individual players.

Need more of the basketball players out.

only person back from SC is Ashley Sumpter... the rest of the team is very young
ggh04 Wrote:only person back from SC is Ashley Sumpter... the rest of the team is very young

Sumpter isnt the only player returning. Most of the varsity is returning players fom last year. And there were more basketball players this year come out for the volleyball team Boss Hogg. Reane Jude (injured a week or so ago), candace preece, Daisha Finley,Brittany Dalton, Brittni Mccoy, Brittany Marcum(yes there is 4 brits on the team). Other players really worth mentioning are Jayda Bowen, Tracy Spence, Krista Jarrell and Joyce Workman. A lot of this team is JV from last year and have really stepped it up so far this year. Next year looks really bright for this team.

Best player in the 15th. Im going with Conley from JC. Hard to pick just one player. But if i had to, it would be her. Excellent blocker and just a fantastic all-around player and athlete. And also player from Magoffin. Dont know her name. But she can spike VERY well.
Celena Conley JCHS
Katie King JCHS
Really tall blonde girl from Letcher Central (Don't know if they are in the 15th or not but they have a good team overall)
A couple of the girls from Belfry are really good but overall they are overrated I think
I am without a doubt the best volleyball player in the 15th. It's just too bad there isn't a boys volleyball team.
the best two i have seen (i have not seen J.C) are
#5 of Pike Central and # 3 of South Floyd
cards_athlete Wrote:Sumpter isnt the only player returning. Most of the varsity is returning players fom last year. And there were more basketball players this year come out for the volleyball team Boss Hogg. Reane Jude (injured a week or so ago), candace preece, Daisha Finley,Brittany Dalton, Brittni Mccoy, Brittany Marcum(yes there is 4 brits on the team). Other players really worth mentioning are Jayda Bowen, Tracy Spence, Krista Jarrell and Joyce Workman. A lot of this team is JV from last year and have really stepped it up so far this year. Next year looks really bright for this team.

Best player in the 15th. Im going with Conley from JC. Hard to pick just one player. But if i had to, it would be her. Excellent blocker and just a fantastic all-around player and athlete. And also player from Magoffin. Dont know her name. But she can spike VERY well.

yes I know all these girls.... what I meant is that the only starter back is Ashley Sumpter... these girls really do give it their all... and have been improving with everygame
You hear alot of talk about great hitters, but where would they be without their setters? :Cheerlead
and great servers as well.....
Def. Christina Blevins from AC

She has the whole package.
She proves to be good at every position.

She recieved the MVP award for the 54th District.

Brittany Hodge from AC still has 2 more years, I wouldn't say that she is the best player they have. She could even use some improving.
Not a whole lot being talked about AC. Hodge is one of the tops in the Region. And Christina Blevins is very underrated, she did win the MVP of the District. She deserves alot of cred.