Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
49th District Draw
When is the 49th District Draw??
Tomorrow
Is that the Clay Co./North district? If so I would say both of those coaches are not getting much sleep. I believe they split in the regular season.
^ North who?
Stardust Wrote:^ North who?

North Laurel
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
They split, but both sides would say that if Clay plays decent they will win. The district is at Clay also. The worst thing about Clay and North drawing is that a winner from another district would basically get a bye.
Mountain Wrote:Is that the Clay Co./North district? If so I would say both of those coaches are not getting much sleep. I believe they split in the regular season.

I can't believe in the 5 - 6 - 7 years, or however long they have been drawing, that North Laurel or Clay Co. has never drew each other. Maybe this is the year, who knows.
They've never played in the first round, but they have played in the semi's. But it probably worked out right that year. Jackson County was better than North that year. Most years it holds pretty true. The 2nd year of the new district Red Bird was able to shock North Laurel and get to region. That was awesome to me, but when them or OBI makes it because they play each other, it kills me. It does nothing, but hurts the 49th district champs hopes of winning a title.
Fact is, its ridiculous and pathetic on the part of the obi, red bird, and jackson county coaches to keep this draw going.
Its awful that Clay and North could draw each other in the first round this year with them being to of the better teams in the region and luckily they havent drew each other in the first round....yet.
I wouldnt be surprised to see it happen this year though and you might have a obi or red bird in the region where they will get slaughtered in the ditrict championship and the region tourney.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Fact is, its ridiculous and pathetic on the part of the obi, red bird, and jackson county coaches to keep this draw going.
Its awful that Clay and North could draw each other in the first round this year with them being to of the better teams in the region and luckily they havent drew each other in the first round....yet.
I wouldnt be surprised to see it happen this year though and you might have a obi or red bird in the region where they will get slaughtered in the ditrict championship and the region tourney.

The team that draws them for region play would basically be getting a bye to the next game. In other words no tired legs for the next game.
Thankfully, it didn't happen. The draw went as it should. I don't understand why they vote to draw. The beauty of KHSAA basketball is that the little guys (RB, OBI, JC, etc.) have the oppurtunity to beat the big boys (Clay, North, etc.).
In the 13th region, there is no such thing as a easy win, Jackson Co. could beat anyone in the tournament if they play there A game
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Fact is, its ridiculous and pathetic on the part of the obi, red bird, and jackson county coaches to keep this draw going.

Why do you think this? These 3 teams dont play for Clay and NL to win, they play for theirselves to win. And each of the 3 know that the only way they will have a chance is if the big schools draw each other. It isnt ignorant or pathetic in my eyes that they do this, it is SMART that they do it.
So what does the final bracket and schedule look like?
clay drew red bird in one bracket and obi vs jackson in the other side.north laurel plays the winner of obi and jackson.
Red Bird doesnt even dont have a team
the dark wizard Wrote:Why do you think this? These 3 teams dont play for Clay and NL to win, they play for theirselves to win. And each of the 3 know that the only way they will have a chance is if the big schools draw each other. It isnt ignorant or pathetic in my eyes that they do this, it is SMART that they do it.

Because its a losers way out.
Just like someone said, lets say red bird made it to the region because they beat obi in the first round and got destroyed by a clay or north in the district championship (assuming it ever draws that way). Lets say that would have happened this year. And lets also say corbin wins their district or Bell and draws red bird in the region. Thats stupid when North could give both of those teams a real game but got shafted because of, as you call it, "smart" thinking.
These schools need to grow a pair and quit trying to ruin the tourney for the good teams who should be there.
Im glad the draw came out like it did. Im glad North and Clay will be moving on to region like it should be.
lol Im starting to think the draw is rigged though, seeing as clay and north never draw each other:biggrin:
My guess will be a Clay-North Laurel final with both team going to the region but Clay as the winner. Both teams could have great runs at Region. If Clay can play solid defense then they Could win it all in the 13th...Matt Mitchell is the real deal for Clay County.....He is smooth.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Because its a losers way out.
Just like someone said, lets say red bird made it to the region because they beat obi in the first round and got destroyed by a clay or north in the district championship (assuming it ever draws that way). Lets say that would have happened this year. And lets also say corbin wins their district or Bell and draws red bird in the region. Thats stupid when North could give both of those teams a real game but got shafted because of, as you call it, "smart" thinking.
These schools need to grow a pair and quit trying to ruin the tourney for the good teams who should be there.
Im glad the draw came out like it did. Im glad North and Clay will be moving on to region like it should be.
lol Im starting to think the draw is rigged though, seeing as clay and north never draw each other:biggrin:

It is smart thinking because 60% of that district (over half) is doing all they can to get to the big dance. If those 3 teams goals were to allow two other teams to advance to region then there would be no need for them to even take part in basketball. On a side note, if all 5 teams can field a baseball team for the season most of the time they draw each other lol.
wildcats fan Wrote:Red Bird doesnt even dont have a team

So they have a team?
I think clay will win the district, however dont be surprised to see a team like north go a long way in the region
The kicker is Jackson. They're not a small school and they don't have a bad club. They have been screwed a few times by getting on the same side as clay when they would have a better chance taking North out in the 2 vs. 3 game. It's all good though. It gives Clay and North the oppurtunity to schedule better teams and not have to worry about wasting 6 games on scrub teams.
Now everyone is doubting Jackson Co. but obviously no one has made it over to see them play. JC is making a nice run. Won 3 games straight, everyone is healthy, and playing well together. I hope everyone is doubting them and they are going to surprise a few people in the district.
I actually agree with you. I see Jackson knocking off North. BUT Jackson will have their hands full with OBI. OBI isn't bad, but they are horribly coached.
Hope to see Hooker and Mitchell back on the court for Clay County's district games. :worthy::Clap:
Generals2010 Wrote:Now everyone is doubting Jackson Co. but obviously no one has made it over to see them play. JC is making a nice run. Won 3 games straight, everyone is healthy, and playing well together. I hope everyone is doubting them and they are going to surprise a few people in the district.

They have won 3 games straight over Wburg(8-14), Lee County(11-13), and Lynn Camp (6-17). So that pretty much means nothing. As for the games that matter they are 4-7 in the region with their only wins coming against Wburg and Lynn Camp who i just mentioned and OBI (5-10) and Pineville (10-15) so as you can see they havent done anything this year. They even lost to Lynn Camp earlier in the year by over 10 and a Harlan team thats 10-12.
They did play north close really early in the year but didnt schedule Clay this year which is bad.
Im sure you could go back threw the years and look and it wouldnt ever be much better.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:They have won 3 games straight over Wburg(8-14), Lee County(11-13), and Lynn Camp (6-17). So that pretty much means nothing. As for the games that matter they are 4-7 in the region with their only wins coming against Wburg and Lynn Camp who i just mentioned and OBI (5-10) and Pineville (10-15) so as you can see they havent done anything this year. They even lost to Lynn Camp earlier in the year by over 10 and a Harlan team thats 10-12.
They did play north close really early in the year but didnt schedule Clay this year which is bad.
Im sure you could go back threw the years and look and it wouldnt ever be much better.

I agree with the fact they have not beat the best teams. But if you look at the 13th, there has been a lot of teams who have beaten each other that shouldn't have. If not beaten played them close. Williamsburg beat a good whitely county team in ot and JC had Williamsburg down 25 half way through the 3rd. They play north laurel the last time with Jordan Fox hurt and the team really didn't have the chemistry yet. Its going to be an exciting district play. JC will get there true test against Bell on Thursday if they can be a contender or not.