Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(5) Duke 79 - (21) North Carolina 73
Nolan Smith just simply took over in the 2nd half. This game was North Carolina's to lose and well.. they lost.

I hate Duke, but Nolan Smith is a player and I like watching this kid play!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
I don't like either team but I was roonting for the Tarheels in this one! :HitWall:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Nolan Smith is simply ridiculous...
and there was a minute or two there where I though Seth Curry was going to burn the place down lol
Cameron Indoor may be the loudest gym in the nation
When Seth Curry steps up like that, Duke is tough for anyone to beat. But North Carolina showed us all they are the real deal this season.
zaga_fan Wrote:Nolan Smith is simply ridiculous...
and there was a minute or two there where I though Seth Curry was going to burn the place down lol

I'd have to say if you're a team on the road..
this is one place you do not want to play at..
zaga_fan Wrote:Nolan Smith is simply ridiculous...

lol, it seats about 10,000 people. That wouldnt fit half of our student section.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:lol, it seats about 10,000 people. That wouldnt fit half of our student section.

That's why it's so loud, 10k raising it in a small gym. At Rupp besides the student section, no one is loud.
Aslan Wrote:That's why it's so loud, 10k raising it in a small gym. At Rupp besides the student section, no one is loud.

Wouldn't it be nice if the students could set in lower arena for just one game. Let the rich blue hairs and golf clappers set in upper arena.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Wouldn't it be nice if the students could set in lower arena for just one game. Let the rich blue hairs and golf clappers set in upper arena.

LOL. Not a bad idea.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Wouldn't it be nice if the students could set in lower arena for just one game. Let the rich blue hairs and golf clappers set in upper arena.

:Thumbs:
Nolan Smith is Simply a All around great player him Seth Curry and Singler i mean everybody thinks that duke is not a good team but what they fail to realize is that Duke is a Team With alot of Heart and potenial with singler gone this year u will have a great line up next year with Irving ,Rivers, Curry, and all three Pumlee brothers next year ppl think Duke want be Tough Duke and UK will be the two toughest teams next year considerin u got Gilchrist coming to Kentucky and if uk doesnt lose anybody they will be in a good run for the national champion as for my Bluedevils
Too bad that there wasn't a way both could have lost.
Add in the fact that they sit about 6 feet from the court.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:lol, it seats about 10,000 people. That wouldnt fit half of our student section.

Here is a list of the top 5 loudest gyms in the nation based on average dB level.

[SIZE="1"] #5 O’Connell Center, Florida Gators 334-102 at home

Back in 1999, one national sports rag called the home of the Gators “the scariest place to play in America.” (Thanks, Mag researchers, for breaking out the way-back machine!) Not much has changed; Florida has had seven double-digit winning streaks at home under Billy Donovan. But while short on cushy surfaces like sound-absorbing padded seats, the O’Dome is too cavernous to crack the final four. Putting the Gators in a familiar position in the Calipari-era SEC: best of the rest

#4 UNM Arena, New Mexico Lobo’s 631-145 at home

Holding court as it does in a non-BCS conference, the Pit has stood on the college hoop periphery for years. But anyone who’s been there raves about the experience of descending into the 37-foot hole in Albuquerque’s southeastern mesa. Despite a smallish student section, the gym enhances noises with its low, flat ceiling and thousands of bleacher seats that encourage reverberations.

#3 Rupp Arena, Kentucky Wildcats 445-60 at home

Everything is bigger in… Kentucky? Rupp fits over 6,000 students, yet it still boasts the third-highest percentage of student seating. While the SRO section for students behind one basket is a nice touch, replacing the courtside fat Cats (Hello, Ashley Judd!) would go a long way toward raising the raucousness to truly dangerous levels.

#2 Cameron Indoor Stadium, Duke Blue Devils 737-150 at home

Ask the average fan to name the loudest gym in college hoops, and they’ll almost surely say Cameron. With its matchbox build and hard surfaces, Duke’s home has been made to amplify the kind of explosiveness that makes the resident Crazies the most notorious student section, especially with the non-stop jumping up and down.

#1 Allen Fiedlhouse, Kansas Jay Hawks 633-106 at home

Surprised to see Allen Fieldhouse at No. 1? You shouldn’t be. Bill Self is 113-6 at the Phog in his seven seasons as coach. This place is the perfect combo of dimension, students-to-court proximity and low-absorption materials.[/SIZE]
zaga_fan Wrote:Here is a list of the top 5 loudest gyms in the nation based on average dB level.

[SIZE="1"] #5 O’Connell Center, Florida Gators 334-102 at home

Back in 1999, one national sports rag called the home of the Gators “the scariest place to play in America.” (Thanks, Mag researchers, for breaking out the way-back machine!) Not much has changed; Florida has had seven double-digit winning streaks at home under Billy Donovan. But while short on cushy surfaces like sound-absorbing padded seats, the O’Dome is too cavernous to crack the final four. Putting the Gators in a familiar position in the Calipari-era SEC: best of the rest

#4 UNM Arena, New Mexico Lobo’s 631-145 at home

Holding court as it does in a non-BCS conference, the Pit has stood on the college hoop periphery for years. But anyone who’s been there raves about the experience of descending into the 37-foot hole in Albuquerque’s southeastern mesa. Despite a smallish student section, the gym enhances noises with its low, flat ceiling and thousands of bleacher seats that encourage reverberations.

#3 Rupp Arena, Kentucky Wildcats 445-60 at home

Everything is bigger in… Kentucky? Rupp fits over 6,000 students, yet it still boasts the third-highest percentage of student seating. While the SRO section for students behind one basket is a nice touch, replacing the courtside fat Cats (Hello, Ashley Judd!) would go a long way toward raising the raucousness to truly dangerous levels.

#2 Cameron Indoor Stadium, Duke Blue Devils 737-150 at home

Ask the average fan to name the loudest gym in college hoops, and they’ll almost surely say Cameron. With its matchbox build and hard surfaces, Duke’s home has been made to amplify the kind of explosiveness that makes the resident Crazies the most notorious student section, especially with the non-stop jumping up and down.

#1 Allen Fiedlhouse, Kansas Jay Hawks 633-106 at home

Surprised to see Allen Fieldhouse at No. 1? You shouldn’t be. Bill Self is 113-6 at the Phog in his seven seasons as coach. This place is the perfect combo of dimension, students-to-court proximity and low-absorption materials.[/SIZE]

What are u trying to say? Although im sure it could fit our student section if we moved our student section courtside and cut off half the arena u couldnt hear urself think.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:What are u trying to say? Although im sure it could fit our student section if we moved our student section courtside and cut off half the arena u couldnt hear urself think.

I'm trying to say that Cameron Indoor is louder than Rupp.
Without having to move student sections or cut off any of the arena.
It got so loud last night that the players couldn't hear the whistles and were still playing after plays were called dead.
zaga_fan Wrote:I'm trying to say that Cameron Indoor is louder than Rupp.
Without having to move student sections or cut off any of the arena.
It got so loud last night that the players couldn't hear the whistles and were still playing after plays were called dead.

I never said it wasn't. I said it louder because its a high school gym compared to rupp.
Don't know why everyone thinks Singler is this great basketball player..
He is SO streaky.. Every other game I have watched of him has ended up with stats like (3-12 FG or 7-21)... Not good percentages, and his shot selection is very poor.
Ballers Wrote:Don't know why everyone thinks Singler is this great basketball player..
He is SO streaky.. Every other game I have watched of him has ended up with stats like (3-12 FG or 7-21)... Not good percentages, and his shot selection is very poor.

And it is appearent that you know nothing about basketball by this statement because if you would actually watch this kid play you would know, whether he has a good shooting night or not, that his ability to do the little things and play almost perfect defense is what allows this Duke team to be good and almost great.
Ballers Wrote:Don't know why everyone thinks Singler is this great basketball player..

He's 43% for the season