Poll: Who Wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
(18) Kentucky
86.67%
Vanderbilt
13.33%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(18) Kentucky @ Vanderbilt 2/12 (Men's Basketball)
1:00 pm - CBS

thoughts?
As much as I hate to say,

Vanderbilt - 84
Kentucky - 81
I hate that place and so does every other team in the SEC. But to think that UK cannot win there would be incorrect. The Dores have lost to West Virginia and Arkansas on their floor, so the Cats can win. As long as the Cats do not let Jenkins go off from three-point land, they should be OK.

Vandy does not have an interior that worries me offensively. My biggest concern in this game is will Big Festus alter Jones ability to get to the rim. A 6-11 guy that hangs under the rim will make it difficult to get Jones to the paint and will keep Harrelson from getting those easy put-backs. If they can get the big man in foul trouble and stay out of foul trouble themselves, the Cats are a better team.
Vandy is a TOUGH place to play at! But I'm pulling for the Cats. But I don't know if they'll win. I hope I'm wrong.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
UK can win if we get to the free throw line. The Cats cannot settle for jump shots, as they need to get into the lane and convert on our free throws. That's how they can win on the road, because we all know that Vandy is going to give UK their best effort just as everyone else has in the SEC this year on the road.
I agree with SD. Festus won't be easy to score on under the bucket. Getting him into foul trouble and putting him on the bench would lead to some baskets for Jones and offensive boards for Harrellson. Even while this happens, everyone needs to do their part for the Wildcats to steal one in Nashville. Knight needs to run the team, Lamb needs to provide instant offense off the bench, Miller needs to stay agressive and rebound, and Liggins needs to continue to be the defensive leader and make all the hustle plays for this team.

The freshmen may be a little rattled to start the game in this uniqiue environment (I will never understand why Vanderbilt's court is set up the way it is) and that's what scares me. The fans will be rowdy and if UK isn't making shots and executing early, they may find theirselves in a hole in the first 5-7 minutes.

I say Kentucky pulls this one out though.
I picked Uk because this should be a win for them, but like I said before, I get scared everytime they get on the bus.
I'll say UK in this one.. UK has to start getting wins to get that #1 spot in the conferece.
i think the cats take this one by 7
As it has been said time and time before...Vandy is one of the hardest places to play in the SEC. Until UK beats a good team on the road I won't expect too much from them.
Vanderbilt will take this one.
I really really hate their basketball court. Strangest court in the country.
TheRealVille Wrote:I picked Uk because this should be a win for them, but like I said before, I get scared everytime they get on the bus.

maybe they should start flying and then catch a cab,lol
KY wins this by 5
RadioVeteran Wrote:I really really hate their basketball court. Strangest court in the country.

Agreed!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
TheRealVille Wrote:I picked Uk because this should be a win for them, but like I said before, I get scared everytime they get on the bus.

:Thumbs: I think the same way. Hopefully the momentum carries over.
I think the Cats gets this one on the road,by 7 or 8 points.GO BIG BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!
Nice to see Stardust picking them to win on the road. If someone could teach these freshmen to have tunnel vision then we would have the best team in the nation. They get rattled by road crowds easily, but they probably have never seen a gym like this which will make it difficult. Now for my pick I will take the Cats in this one it's time to step up and play. I think these guys are realizing that after dropping 2 in a row.
If they win the players done a great job. If they loose then coach Cal needs to do better.
A win in a hostile environment like Vandy would be a huge step forward for these Cats. Most the games we lost on the road, the upperclassmen were the ones that disappeared, not the freshman. UK needs to start winning some meaningful road games and which would better prepare them for March, when the SEC & NCAA tournaments aren't played at Rupp. We got to play excellent ball, to have a shot at catching Florida these next few weeks. It's kind of a long shot anyway, but a loss here puts us at 5-5 and unless Florida has a total collapse then we won't catch them.
I can't see UK winning this one. There just a completely different team away from Rupp.

Vanderbilt - 71
Kentucky - 66
HawksRule Wrote:Nice to see Stardust picking them to win on the road. If someone could teach these freshmen to have tunnel vision then we would have the best team in the nation. They get rattled by road crowds easily, but they probably have never seen a gym like this which will make it difficult. Now for my pick I will take the Cats in this one it's time to step up and play. I think these guys are realizing that after dropping 2 in a row.

I didn't say they would win, I said they can win as long as certain things don't happen. :biggrin:

Seriously though, Vandy is a tough place and the Cats (as well as any other team that goes to Nashville) to come out with a win. In think the Cats are a much better team, but a team that can afford no foul trouble. If the Cats get either Harrelson or Jones in trouble, I see Vandy pounding the ball inside. If they are successful, then that opens their three-point shooters. It's hostile, but isn't any game that the Cats play on the road hostile? The Cats are no longer Freshman, thus the young players thing plays no part in this point in the season. Thus, this game will have the same feel as any other game. But it's a game that will allow no mistakes if they are to get a road win in the SEC.
HawksRule Wrote:Nice to see Stardust picking them to win on the road. If someone could teach these freshmen to have tunnel vision then we would have the best team in the nation. They get rattled by road crowds easily, but they probably have never seen a gym like this which will make it difficult. Now for my pick I will take the Cats in this one it's time to step up and play. I think these guys are realizing that after dropping 2 in a row.

I didn't say they would win, I said they can win as long as certain things don't happen. :biggrin:

Seriously though, Vandy is a tough place and the Cats (as well as any other team that goes to Nashville) to come out with a win. In think the Cats are a much better team, but a team that can afford no foul trouble. If the Cats get either Harrelson or Jones in trouble, I see Vandy pounding the ball inside. If they are successful, then that opens their three-point shooters. It's hostile, but isn't any game that the Cats play on the road hostile? The Cats are no longer Freshman, thus the young players thing plays no part in this point in the season. Thus, this game will have the same feel as any other game. But it's a game that will allow no mistakes if they are to get a road win in the SEC. And I still have not picked them to win or lose:biggrin:
Hopefully the Wildcats can carry some momentum and confidence into Nashville on Saturday and win!!

I'm going with UK by 4
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Kentucky will win this one close
I wish they would use the crowd as motivation.
Cats lose this one in OT. 89-84

The diaper dandies hasn't played in venue like this so it will be a distraction.
Vanderbilt - 84
Kentucky - 80

Taylor and Jenkins will prove too much for UK even though I'm pulling for the Cats
I hate when we go to Vandy!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Well, Cats striker first
At least in the first few minutes, the pace is slow
Ezeli is BIG!