Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LexCath @ Bell Co (Week 0)
It's offical. Gonna be a great week for KY HS football with this and Boyle-Highlands
I want to be the first to eat crow on the site. Outstanding move by Mills. This is a great pick up by Bell.
What happened to Lafayette? I thought they were week 0 in the Lexington Bowl?
Lex. Bowl is week 1.
Should be a good game. LC is IMO the 2nd best team in 4A next year. They return a ton of talent.

Knights come on down!!!
Lots of excitement around the program right now...

Heard yesterday that Coach Mills is going to be able to bring in one more assistant coach... Word is that he wants to bring in Woolum as the offensive coordinator...

Anyone else heard anything???
Congrats on these two teams being able to "get together." Should be a dandy. Bolin is the real deal for Lex Cath and being another year older will only make him more so. Should be a great test for both clubs.
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:Should be a good game. LC is IMO the 2nd best team in 4A next year. They return a ton of talent.

Knights come on down!!!

I agree will be a good test for both teams.
WhyLie Wrote:I want to be the first to eat crow on the site. Outstanding move by Mills. This is a great pick up by Bell.

Maybe a flock of crows?? :lmao:
Let me be the first to pick Bell by 10. Carter - Davenport combo will prove unstoppable in 2011. Carter is too big and Davenport is too fast.
Football1 Wrote:Let me be the first to pick Bell by 10. Carter - Davenport combo will prove unstoppable in 2011. Carter is too big and Davenport is too fast.

Heard that a lot before they played Boyle the last two years.

Sorry but Lex Cath has an offense that I don't think the Bobcats see enough to be ready for.

Let me be the first to pick the Knights. :Thumbs:
Football talk already? I like it!

I'm going with Bell County!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Hatz Wrote:Heard that a lot before they played Boyle the last two years.

Sorry but Lex Cath has an offense that I don't think the Bobcats see enough to be ready for.

Let me be the first to pick the Knights. :Thumbs:
I can't put up much of an argument with that. Mountain football in general would benefit greatly from an "Operating System Upgrade" that would include moving away from "smash mouth" power football to a more versatile system that made it less obvious where the point of attack would be. And if the defenses in the mountains had to face those types of offenses more often those teams would be ready come playoff time to win the big games.

The only sad part is that this great game and these two storied programs have to wait 6 months before we all get to find out! But it will be a dandy when it happens for sure.
MisterPerfect Wrote:Football talk already? I like it!

I'm going with Bell County!
Never too early to talk football!
Football1 Wrote:I can't put up much of an argument with that. Mountain football in general would benefit greatly from an "Operating System Upgrade" that would include moving away from "smash mouth" power football to a more versatile system that made it less obvious where the point of attack would be. And if the defenses in the mountains had to face those types of offenses more often those teams would be ready come playoff time to win the big games.

The only sad part is that this great game and these two storied programs have to wait 6 months before we all get to find out! But it will be a dandy when it happens for sure.

You have some good points. But most moutain teams do not have great speed and tons of athletes all over the field. So they run power offenses that fit the players. Also, most moutain boys coach in the moutains so they just keep recycling the old systems that there HS coaches ran..(bone, power I and wing T is about all you are going to get unless you played at Breathitt)
STATE CHAMP Wrote:You have some good points. But most moutain teams do not have great speed and tons of athletes all over the field. So they run power offenses that fit the players. Also, most moutain boys coach in the moutains so they just keep recycling the old systems that there HS coaches ran..(bone, power I and wing T is about all you are going to get unless you played at Breathitt)
I hear you on the speed concern. But I wonder if better, more modern schemes would not help that problem more than hurt it? For example, spread teams will often use a Pistol formation where the TB is 2 yards behind the QB in shotgun. That position changes the timing of running and play action plays out of that set to allow the TB a better view of the LOS as he approaches to choose his gap or run a pass pattern.

Just tired of seeing tired old offenses with predicatable schemes and attack plans that work when you are athletically superior but limits your ability to win with better strategy.
I wasnt that impressed with Lex Cath the last couple of years i seen them play.
It was the first game of the year both times though and im sure they got much better.
Bell will not be as good as the last couple of years however they will still be bell.
Who knows what mills has going on over there.
Im going to save my prediction but either way, im goin with a 7 point or less game.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I wasnt that impressed with Lex Cath the last couple of years i seen them play.
It was the first game of the year both times though and im sure they got much better.
Bell will not be as good as the last couple of years however they will still be bell.
Who knows what mills has going on over there.
Im going to save my prediction but either way, im goin with a 7 point or less game.

Last year the Knights improved mightily after a rough start. They were 100% better when they faced the Rebels in the playoffs. :Thumbs:
The Knights were really young this past season. I believe they started 8-10 sophomores against the toughest schedule in the state. The record in 09 shows that all four teams they lost to were playing in a state championship game (St. X., Trinity, Boyle County and Lone Oak) and in 2010, they lost to the same teams, with Lone Oak, being the only team not to make it to the finals. I believe they return 9 starters on offense and 8 on defense. The sophomores are battle tested, which should make LC a contender next season.
Which Woolum? Anyone heard any truth to this?
Hatz Wrote:Last year the Knights improved mightily after a rough start. They were 100% better when they faced the Rebels in the playoffs. :Thumbs:

yea, you could tell they had improved late into the year by there record and games they won. I was happy to see them doing as well as they did after how tough whitley played them both years.I would have definitely gave bell the win the last two years, but as for this year its a complete toss up imo.
:lmao: