Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Packers 31 - 25 Steelers (Super Bowl 45)
Aslan Wrote:Imagine how many passing yards Rodgers would of had if his receivers wouldn't have had so many drops.

ESPN calculated he would have had over 450 yards passing and 3 more TD's
WALL2WALL Wrote:Can't wait for Pittsburgh to have a healthy season. Yes, Green Bay dropped a couple of passes, but if Pittsburgh don't turn the ball over, Green Bay doesn't stay on the field as much as they did and they do not get the opportunity to catch some of them passes.

The key to the game was the fumble at the start of the 4th quarter. If Pittsburgh does not fumble, I believe they win the game because they were driving for a score.

Congrats Green Bay, and Aron Rodgers. Finally getting a ring, but in my eyes he will never get out from under the Favre shadow.
The fumble by Mendenhall and the penalty on Fox during the kick return was our undoing. I dont put the fumble on Mendenhall either. If David Johnson blocks ANYBODY on that play, Mendenhall runs for a first down and a WHOLE lot more! But he wades threw 2 guys and doesnt block either one them. Both of them hit Rashard and the ball naturally squirts loose. Keyaran Fox negates a kick returned out around the GB 40 yardline with a BONEHEAD penalty after the whistle pushing the Steelers all the way back inside their own 15 at the 2 minute warning. I think after Coach Tomlin and his staff reviews the film of last nights game. Both of those guys are gonna be unemployed.
CONGRATS TO MY PACKERS. I slept much better on my green bay pillow case this morning.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Stardust Wrote:So, you are completely discounting the three dropped passes that would have been TDs on drives that Green Bay ultimately punted on? You could what-if this all you want, but I certainly would not use the "Healthy Card".

Green Bay had more starting players in the NFL on the sidelines during the 2010 season. So I'm pretty sure that Green Bay fans are sitting there saying "wow, we won a Super Bowl with half of our projected 2010 roster on the sideline, wait till next year"

Yeah they did have injuries to, but none as big as Aaron Smith. Aaron Smith is a better defensive player than any player the Packers have on there defense, and the best pass rusher the Steelers have. He has been hurt for over half the season and missed the entire playoffs. If he plays, Rodgers is on his back all game and the Steelers win.

Aaron Smith was a bigger lose than any lose than what the Packers had.
Stardust Wrote:We said this same thing about Drew Brees after he got his Super Bowl last year. I hope for Rodgers sake, he can follow-up with another great season.
He won' if half his team gets injured as did Brees's.

I thought the Steelers would win but I am happy that Rodgers won. I hate the Packers but to see Rodgers get his due after all the crap one of my buddies (Favre nuthugger) has gave him was awesome. Not only has Rodgers had the two best Playoff performances by a Packer QB he also threw for more yards and one more TD than Favre did in his SB win. Oh he also got the MVP which Favre didn't.. Awesome.
WALL2WALL Wrote:Yeah they did have injuries to, but none as big as Aaron Smith. Aaron Smith is a better defensive player than any player the Packers have on there defense, and the best pass rusher the Steelers have. He has been hurt for over half the season and missed the entire playoffs. If he plays, Rodgers is on his back all game and the Steelers win.

Man are you kidding? His back up was Brett Keisel. And in case you hadn't noticed he was HUGE this year for the Steelers. Prolly should have been starting anyways.

If you want to talk injuries how about Pouncey. He was the starting center for the Steelers. Hadn't missed a game. That was a bigger blow than Smith.

But then again the Steelers didn't lose anyone during the game that mattered. A WR that I can't even remember his name.

The Packers lost a former Defensive POY and their starting #1 WR. During the game!
WALL2WALL Wrote:Yeah they did have injuries to, but none as big as Aaron Smith. Aaron Smith is a better defensive player than any player the Packers have on there defense, and the best pass rusher the Steelers have. He has been hurt for over half the season and missed the entire playoffs. If he plays, Rodgers is on his back all game and the Steelers win.

IDk about that. Clay Mathews is a man beast. Only beat by troy in voting by 2 votes. To say Aaron Smith is better than him is a little far fetched isnt it. Smith's loss isn't nearly as significant as playing without top offensive lineman Maurkice Pouncey.
Amun-Ra Wrote:Man are you kidding? His back up was Brett Keisel. And in case you hadn't noticed he was HUGE this year for the Steelers. Prolly should have been starting anyways.

If you want to talk injuries how about Pouncey. He was the starting center for the Steelers. Hadn't missed a game. That was a bigger blow than Smith.

But then again the Steelers didn't lose anyone during the game that mattered. A WR that I can't even remember his name.

The Packers lost a former Defensive POY and their starting #1 WR. During the game!
Ziggy Hood is Aaron Smiths backup. The team had been playing well without Smith, although they are a completely different defense without him. However, I will agree with you, that losing Pouncey was just a killer. The Packers lost some key guys, and played their butts off. Its as simple as that.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Wildcatk23 Wrote:IDk about that. Clay Mathews is a man beast. Only beat by troy in voting by 2 votes. To say Aaron Smith is better than him is a little far fetched isnt it. Smith's loss isn't nearly as significant as playing without top offensive lineman Maurkice Pouncey.
Smith may not be the best player on our defense, but he is definitely one of the most important. Without Smith, LeBeau changes his blitzing schemes, his run stopping schemes, and plays much more conservative with Hood or whoever is playing in Smiths spot. With a healthy Smith in the lineup, its a completely different defense, albeit with the same players. Losing Pouncey was a killer, but Doug Legursky didnt play a bad ball game. Having a botched snap was one of my big worries before the game. And you are right, Clay Matthews is an animal. The entire Green Bay defense is just flat out tough. I like AJ Hawk, Woodson and my Bama boy Charlie Peprah too. I wouldnt care one bit to have any of those guys on my team, lol..every one of the turnovers my boys committed were because of great defensive plays.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TidesHoss32 Wrote:Ziggy Hood is Aaron Smiths backup. The team had been playing well without Smith, although they are a completely different defense without him. However, I will agree with you, that losing Pouncey was just a killer. The Packers lost some key guys, and played their butts off. Its as simple as that.
Well then the guys during the Ravens and the Jets game must have been wrong because both sets of announcers said Keisel came in to play end when Smith went down.
Amun-Ra Wrote:Well then the guys during the Ravens and the Jets game must have been wrong because both sets of announcers said Keisel came in to play end when Smith went down.

They were, lol..Keisel's been a starter from day one.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Amun-Ra Wrote:Well then the guys during the Ravens and the Jets game must have been wrong because both sets of announcers said Keisel came in to play end when Smith went down.
They are wrong. Brett Keisel was Kimo Von Oelhofens replacement (Youre a bungal fan I KNOW YOU REMEMBER HIM! LOL!!!) Keisel has been a full time starter since '06.
Aaron Smith is the 2nd best player we have on our defense behind Troy. He is our best pass rusher, which we could have used in the Super Bowl. Pouncey was a big injury, but Lagursky did a descent job.
Tournovers costed the Steelers
wildcats fan Wrote:Tournovers costed the Steelers

Aint that the truth.

Aint that the truth!

:please:
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL

If the Pack had Their TE Finnley in the line up Rodgers wouldn't have been throwing to Nelson or Jones so much either. With Driver and Woodson going out, things couldn't have got much worse.
Congrats to my Pack. My boy is a Steelers fan so, things were pretty bad here at home. I guess I've watched as much Steeler football as I have Greenbay. Both teams were picked to do big things early and the after injuries and other things they got wrote off. Pittsburgh wasn't suppose to win 3 out of the first 4 games but they did. Green Bay had to many injuries to do anything. Green Bay had to win all their playoff games away. If someone besides the Pack would have had to win I would have picked the Steelers. There's always gonna be what ifs after every game but, these are two great organizations and I hope their both in it again next season. Love to see a rematch.

Was it turnovers or takeaways. The INT's were definitely not created by the Steelers, it was the Packers that created them. Ben did nothing wrong on the two INT's, the line broke down allowing the D-Lineman to hit Bens arm, and the 2nd INT was an INCREDIBLE play of perfect timing by the D-Back on a ball that was perfectly thrown by Ben.

I still say that Matthews made the perfect play to jar the ball lose on the fumble, but if there was a play that could have been avoided, it was that one.
^Clay's forced fumble was a heart breaker if your a Steelers fan!

My heart dropped when I seen that ball pop loose. Sad
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
MisterPerfect Wrote:^Clay's forced fumble was a heart breaker if your a Steelers fan!

My heart dropped when I seen that ball pop loose. Sad

Mine too. That was the point when I realized that Pittsburgh was not going to win.
If it was if, ands, buts, candy, and nuts it be Christmas all the time. The Packers just beat the Steelers plain and simple.
HawksRule Wrote:If it was if, ands, buts, candy, and nuts it be Christmas all the time. The Packers just beat the Steelers plain and simple.

I bet this is what you was saying when your little Jets got beat, huh?

:ChairHit:
#BBFL
MisterPerfect Wrote:I bet this is what you was saying when your little Jets got beat, huh?

:ChairHit:

:please: Yea let's not talk about that... just remember "You won't want to play the Jets next season" according to the Guru Rex Ryan.
HawksRule Wrote::please: Yea let's not talk about that... just remember "You won't want to play the Jets next season" according to the Guru Rex Ryan.

Yeah, and Rex thinks he is invisible! And it kills me!!!
#BBFL
MisterPerfect Wrote:Yeah, and Rex thinks he is invisible! And it kills me!!!

That's why Rex is the man. He makes me want to jump off the couch and play for him.
Stardust as much as complain about how to post a score topic you sure did a number on this one. Butttttt yeah, congrats to the packers I guess.
bigjim4packers Wrote:Congrats to my Pack. My boy is a Steelers fan so, things were pretty bad here at home. I guess I've watched as much Steeler football as I have Greenbay. Both teams were picked to do big things early and the after injuries and other things they got wrote off. Pittsburgh wasn't suppose to win 3 out of the first 4 games but they did. Green Bay had to many injuries to do anything. Green Bay had to win all their playoff games away. If someone besides the Pack would have had to win I would have picked the Steelers. There's always gonna be what ifs after every game but, these are two great organizations and I hope their both in it again next season. Love to see a rematch.
Good post, my friend. And congratulations to you. Enjoy it, and hopefully we'll get a chance to even the score next year. :Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
bigjim4packers Wrote:Congrats to my Pack. My boy is a Steelers fan so, things were pretty bad here at home. I guess I've watched as much Steeler football as I have Greenbay. Both teams were picked to do big things early and the after injuries and other things they got wrote off. Pittsburgh wasn't suppose to win 3 out of the first 4 games but they did. Green Bay had to many injuries to do anything. Green Bay had to win all their playoff games away. If someone besides the Pack would have had to win I would have picked the Steelers. There's always gonna be what ifs after every game but, these are two great organizations and I hope their both in it again next season. Love to see a rematch.

Respectful post my friend!:Thumbs:
#BBFL