Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knott County Central 71 Breathitt 50
Good win for Knott, they are starting to play better.
Congrats KCC
Congrats KCC
Congrats KCC.
I was really looking forward to the game between Knott Co. and Breathitt Girls. However there were many questionable calls. How could a foul be called on the player who has the rebound while still in the air? Such a bad call happened in the first quarter, kind of broke Breathitt's stride. #13 of Knott had an excellent game, after all she shot 18 foul shots, and that should say something about the game. Nevertheless Ladycats didn't give up and took the defeat with pride and lost less than 20. Ladycats have heart and talent, add Coach Moore's experience and know how, I wouldn't count Breathitt Ladycats out yet!
bballfan2011 Wrote:I was really looking forward to the game between Knott Co. and Breathitt Girls. However there were many questionable calls. How could a foul be called on the player who has the rebound while still in the air? Such a bad call happened in the first quarter, kind of broke Breathitt's stride. #13 of Knott had an excellent game, after all she shot 18 foul shots, and that should say something about the game. Nevertheless Ladycats didn't give up and took the defeat with pride and lost less than 20. Ladycats have heart and talent, add Coach Moore's experience and know how, I wouldn't count Breathitt Ladycats out yet!

I totally agree that it was a poorly called game. If it had been called correctly, #13 would have been at the freethrow line 18 more times. The way she was hacked and pushed, I 'm surprised she was able to stand on the line at all.
bballfan2011 Wrote:I was really looking forward to the game between Knott Co. and Breathitt Girls. However there were many questionable calls. How could a foul be called on the player who has the rebound while still in the air? Such a bad call happened in the first quarter, kind of broke Breathitt's stride. #13 of Knott had an excellent game, after all she shot 18 foul shots, and that should say something about the game. Nevertheless Ladycats didn't give up and took the defeat with pride and lost less than 20. Ladycats have heart and talent, add Coach Moore's experience and know how, I wouldn't count Breathitt Ladycats out yet!

It's called over the back, it's usually not called but when you go over someone's back to get the rebound it is a foul. If everything was called then it would have been worse than a 21 pt loss because Breathitt's best player would have been thrown out of the game on the play you are talking about for intentionally throwing the ball and hitting one of Knott's players.
Moore is a great coach and Breathitt is playing better. She has some good young talent and they will be ready to play hard in the Regional Tourney.