4.Betsy Layne
5.Hazard
6.Pikeville
7.Corbin
8.Knott Central
9.Pulaski county
10.East Ridge

Thoughts?
Buckhorn at number 2 is the only one i see thats a little off.
Im sure WYMT is going primarily by wins as they always do but they have lost some games to teams that have struggled all year.
Only bad loss was at S. Laurel which they lost a 16 point lead, and avenged a week later.
catsman10 Wrote:Only bad loss was at S. Laurel which they lost a 16 point lead, and avenged a week later.
You are correct I thought they had more bad losses. Not a lot of good wins however.
Why isnt the game against Whitley on KHSAA? Whitley won that game and its not on there. Got me all confused.
I know it's been said many times this year, but MAN, the Mountain teams are down this year. Perry definitely deserves the #1 spot after beating Clay & Whitley in the last week or so. Buckhorn at 2 is questionable, but they are good team, and have one of the best players in the Mountains. I think they belong in the top 5 somewhere. Perry don't play Buckhorn or Hazard this year, which is dumb. The schools need to resolve there problems or the district needs to begin to seed, so playing each other will be mandatory. I'm not sure which team I'd take out 7-10, but imo Letcher belongs in the top 10.
^
The mountains are down more than ive probably ever seen it. Schools like Corbin and South are way down but still competing because it seems nobody is stepping up. A team wins a few and you think there doing great and then they lose to a team thats awful.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
The mountains are down more than ive probably ever seen it. Schools like Corbin and South are way down but still competing because it seems nobody is stepping up. A team wins a few and you think there doing great and then they lose to a team thats awful.

The 13th, 14th and 15th winners won't make it past the first round at the sweet sixteen unless they play each other IMO.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:You are correct I thought they had more bad losses. Not a lot of good wins however.
Why isnt the game against Whitley on KHSAA? Whitley won that game and its not on there. Got me all confused.
Buckhorn and Whitley has not played this season.
I would have to agree that this year in the mountains it down too. However with that been said it could make the tournments even more fun to watch. Any giving night a big name school could be knock off come tourny time.
I agree that Perry is the #1 team in the mountains but to have buckhorn at two is questionable. I still think Clay is 2nd best or even tied with Perry with Hazard right behind them.
Bluecat Wrote:Buckhorn and Whitley has not played this season.

Actually, yes they have. It was the second or third game of the season for Whitley. It was right after Buckhorns loss to South. I believe it was actually at a neutral site.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:The 13th, 14th and 15th winners won't make it past the first round at the sweet sixteen unless they play each other IMO.

Agreed.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Actually, yes they have. It was the second or third game of the season for Whitley. It was right after Buckhorns loss to South. I believe it was actually at a neutral site.

Buckhorn has not played Whitley. They played South at Whitley Co. in the Wish We Were in Maui Classic.
I still don't see why Bell County isn't getting any love...
Buckhorn is a top 5 but not number 2. Id have them around 4 or 5 and move Clay Co to 2 and Betsy Lane to 3.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:The 13th, 14th and 15th winners won't make it past the first round at the sweet sixteen unless they play each other IMO.

They rarely make it out of the first round anyway.
theflash Wrote:Buckhorn is a top 5 but not number 2. Id have them around 4 or 5 and move Clay Co to 2 and Betsy Lane to 3.
I agree. I think we have a good chance this week though to live up to the #2 spot. We have a tough on the road at Lee tonight in the All A and then possibly a meeting with Hazard in the All A Championship if everything works out for us. We have played pretty well up to this part and hopefully we keep it up. Getting crunch time now!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:1.Perry County Central
2.Buckhorn
3.Clay County
4.Betsy Layne
5.Hazard
6.Pikeville
7.Corbin
8.Knott Central
9.Pulaski county
10.East Ridge

Thoughts?

This Top 10 IMO is a joke! If WMYT is going to include Pulaski County in this poll, they may want to actually to do some research on them! There is no doubt in my mind that Pulaski Co is better then everyother team in this Top 10! The Maroons are 16-3 overall and 10-1 in the 12th Region with their only loss coming to Wayne Co, who they just beat on the 22nd. Pulaski's only other 2 losses came to Lou. Ballard and Lou. Moore, both of which are ranked in the Top 10 in the State(If I am not mistaken)! Pulaski County should be ranked #1 in the WYMT Mountain Top 10!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
^^^ This is true. Pulaski is ranked ahead of Perry Central by a couple spots in the top 25 state rankings. I dont know much about Pulaski and didn't notice their name when i checked the list.
leecoukfan Wrote:This Top 10 IMO is a joke! If WMYT is going to include Pulaski County in this poll, they may want to actually to do some research on them! There is no doubt in my mind that Pulaski Co is better then everyother team in this Top 10! The Maroons are 16-3 overall and 10-1 in the 12th Region with their only loss coming to Wayne Co, who they just beat on the 22nd. Pulaski's only other 2 losses came to Lou. Ballard and Lou. Moore, both of which are ranked in the Top 10 in the State(If I am not mistaken)! Pulaski County should be ranked #1 in the WYMT Mountain Top 10!

There three loses are to Ballard, Lou Moore, and Wayne Co. They have a good record and no bad loses. But they also don't have any great wins either. I'd say #9 is a good ranking for them right now.
Aslan Wrote:There three loses are to Ballard, Lou Moore, and Wayne Co. They have a good record and no bad loses. But they also don't have any great wins either. I'd say #9 is a good ranking for them right now.

Well that may be your opinion, but Pulaski should be ranked #1!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
It was mentioned Pulaski had no great win... They did defeat Wayne County Saturday night... AT WAYNE. Pretty big win right there! Especially considering Pulaski County is the only KY team to defeat Wayne this season. So, I would most definitely consider that a big win. Hope to see them move up more next week.
Aslan Wrote:They rarely make it out of the first round anyway.

True, but I really think their chances are slimmer this year than most.
^ Please use the "Report Posts" sticky when in need of reporting posts that are offensive in nature.

Thank you,
Aslan Wrote:They rarely make it out of the first round anyway.

geauxtigers75 Wrote:True, but I really think their chances are slimmer this year than most.

NO NOT TRUE!

Actually, since the 95/96 Season....The 13, 14 & 15 Regions have advanced to the second round of the Sweet 16 EVERY YEAR except for the 2002/03 Season.

1996 - 15th - Paintsville - State CHAMPS
1997 - 15th - Paintsville - Final 4
1998 - 15th - Paintsville - State Runner-Up
1999 - 15th - Pikeville - 2nd Rd
2000 - 15th - Johnson Central - 2nd Rd
2001 - 13th - Clay Co. - 2nd rd
2002 - 14th - Whitesburg - 2nd Rd
2003 - ------------------------
2004 - 14th - Perry Co. Central - 2nd rd
2005 - 13th - Corbin - 2nd rd
2006 - 13th - South Laurel - 2nd Rd
2007 - 13th - South Laurel - 2nd Rd
2008 - 14th - Hazard - 2nd Rd
..........15th - Paintsville - 2nd Rd
2009 - 15th - Shelby Valley - 2nd Rd
2010 - 15th - Shelby Valley - State CHAMPS

So as you can see. It is NOT a "rare" occurrence.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
leecoukfan Wrote:This Top 10 IMO is a joke! If WMYT is going to include Pulaski County in this poll, they may want to actually to do some research on them! There is no doubt in my mind that Pulaski Co is better then everyother team in this Top 10! The Maroons are 16-3 overall and 10-1 in the 12th Region with their only loss coming to Wayne Co, who they just beat on the 22nd. Pulaski's only other 2 losses came to Lou. Ballard and Lou. Moore, both of which are ranked in the Top 10 in the State(If I am not mistaken)! Pulaski County should be ranked #1 in the WYMT Mountain Top 10!
Let's see how they do the 4th and 8th. If the beat Madison Central and then go on the road to win at Knox then they may deserve a couple of spots. I think Pulaski has a good team, but they're not the #1 in the mountains.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:6.Pikeville

Thoughts?
Well it was fun.
OffTheHook Wrote:NO NOT TRUE!

Actually, since the 95/96 Season....The 13, 14 & 15 Regions have advanced to the second round of the Sweet 16 EVERY YEAR except for the 2002/03 Season.

1996 - 15th - Paintsville - State CHAMPS
1997 - 15th - Paintsville - Final 4
1998 - 15th - Paintsville - State Runner-Up
1999 - 15th - Pikeville - 2nd Rd
2000 - 15th - Johnson Central - 2nd Rd
2001 - 13th - Clay Co. - 2nd rd
2002 - 14th - Whitesburg - 2nd Rd
2003 - ------------------------
2004 - 14th - Perry Co. Central - 2nd rd
2005 - 13th - Corbin - 2nd rd
2006 - 13th - South Laurel - 2nd Rd
2007 - 13th - South Laurel - 2nd Rd
2008 - 14th - Hazard - 2nd Rd
..........15th - Paintsville - 2nd Rd
2009 - 15th - Shelby Valley - 2nd Rd
2010 - 15th - Shelby Valley - State CHAMPS

So as you can see. It is NOT a "rare" occurrence.

Great research! Let me rephrase: Advancing in the Sweet 16 for Mountain teams don't happen often.
Aslan Wrote:Great research! Let me rephrase: Advancing in the Sweet 16 for Mountain teams don't happen often.

BUT, They do. I just showed you that they advance. Here's another for you. Out of the last 15 years the (So called "weak') Region, the 15th, has advance 8 or those times and 4 of those 8, they have advance further with 2 State Titles (3 for the 13/14/15 if you count the year that South Laurel was in the 12th)! So that's not to bad.
That is why the State will NEVER class. A mountain team ALWAYS advances. People LOVE to root for them. :Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
OffTheHook Wrote:BUT, They do. I just showed you that they advance. Here's another for you. Out of the last 15 years the (So called "weak') Region, the 15th, has advance 8 or those times and 4 of those 8, they have advance further with 2 State Titles (3 for the 13/14/15 if you count the year that South Laurel was in the 12th)! So that's not to bad.
That is why the State will NEVER class. A mountain team ALWAYS advances. People LOVE to root for them. :Thumbs:

So what's the 13-15 regions record at the Sweet 16? I thought I saw that the 14th was like 3-12 and that's what I based my first statement on.