Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weights
How many schools have an advanced PE class that is basically just weightlifting? Just curious.
At Whitley there is an actual class called conditioning.
Pretty much all of the football players take it every semester there in high school.
You just go in and work out. If you take it you dont have to have PE. I didnt even take PE in high school but i had conditioning every semester i was in school except my first semester of my freshman year when i had to take health.

So wed would work out during school and then work out after.
At Lewis County we have a "Wellness" class that is in the football weight room and has machines, free weights, and cardio equipment.
Glad to see our KY schools stressing academics. At Highlands it is done before or after school because academics is top priority. Smart kids make smart football players.
LClion4life Wrote:At Lewis County we have a "Wellness" class that is in the football weight room and has machines, free weights, and cardio equipment.

It is counted as a PE credit.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:At Whitley there is an actual class called conditioning.
Pretty much all of the football players take it every semester there in high school.
You just go in and work out. If you take it you dont have to have PE. I didnt even take PE in high school but i had conditioning every semester i was in school except my first semester of my freshman year when i had to take health.

So wed would work out during school and then work out after.

Ours is the same way but you can get out of that health class by taking health science and wellness your freshman year.
sstack Wrote:Glad to see our KY schools stressing academics. At Highlands it is done before or after school because academics is top priority. Smart kids make smart football players.

Yeah, b/c I am sure Highlands is full of national merit scholars!
Catholic has a class called PE 2
i don't know what its called but Estill has a Weighlifting Class that's during school
goscots56 Wrote:Yeah, b/c I am sure Highlands is full of national merit scholars!

As a matter of fact, they do!
sstack Wrote:As a matter of fact, they do!

Does Highlands recruit? Or is the talent level in their school district that strong. I might be wrong but Highlands is a public school, right.
joejoe Wrote:Does Highlands recruit? Or is the talent level in their school district that strong. I might be wrong but Highlands is a public school, right.

Recruiting is not allowed, so no, they do not recruit
Campbell County has this "type" of class
sstack Wrote:As a matter of fact, they do!

In 2009 there were 45 students in the state of Kentucky that had a student receive a national merit scholarship....Highlands was not one of them.

Good luck next year.
goscots56 Wrote:In 2009 there were 45 students in the state of Kentucky that had a student receive a national merit scholarship....Highlands was not one of them.

Good luck next year.
Do you have a link to the list? Just curious about the breakdown by school. Dupont Manual used to produce an amazing number of National Merit Semi-finalists and finalists. The last time I checked Manual had double-digit NM Scholars in a single graduating class.

My eldest son was a NM Finalist at Johnson Central and there was one other NM Finalist in his graduating class.
Stardust Wrote:Recruiting is not allowed, so no, they do not recruit

You seriously think that just because they are a public school that they don't recruit? :lmao: Not saying they do but that is funny. There are plenty of public in this state that do.
LClion4life Wrote:You seriously think that just because they are a public school that they don't recruit? :lmao: Not saying they do but that is funny. There are plenty of public in this state that do.

Really, give me an example? Tell me one SCHOOL that has recruited a player? I'd like to understand which administration goes out and actively recruits players to their school.
I'm sure there is. It's foolish to think that there aren't any public schools in the state that do. Rose Hill is under probation for it! In basketball anyways.
Stardust Wrote:Really, give me an example? Tell me one SCHOOL that has recruited a player? I'd like to understand which administration goes out and actively recruits players to their school.

Rose Hill Christian and i've Heard that Taylor County Recruits.
LClion4life Wrote:You seriously think that just because they are a public school that they don't recruit? :lmao: Not saying they do but that is funny. There are plenty of public in this state that do.
Report known violation to:
Commissioner Julian Tackett,
2280 Executive Drive,
Lexington, KY 40505

(859) 299-5472

rumors mean nothing. I guess it's easier to say oh that school must recuit instead of saving that school and community works hard EVERY year to produce a winning system.

nky Wrote: Report known violation to:
2280 Executive Drive,
Lexington, KY 40505

(859) 299-5472

rumors mean nothing. I guess it's easier to say oh that school must recuit instead of saving that school and community works hard EVERY year to produce a winning system.

:Thumbs:
nky Wrote: Report known violation to:
2280 Executive Drive,
Lexington, KY 40505

(859) 299-5472

What do you have to say about Rose Hill?
LClion4life Wrote:What do you have to say about Rose Hill?
Caught, Punished, and not competing at an upper level.

Those connected to it now have a tarnish on their reputation. The problem is when some make allegations against schools who are competing honestly yet because of their success- They must be cheating.
goscots56 Wrote:Yeah, b/c I am sure Highlands is full of national merit scholars!

Better do your homework before making a statement like this. Highlands is one of the top academic schools in the state.:dontthink
i thought this was about what school's have weight lifting classes NOT Recruting
nky Wrote:Caught, Punished, and not competing at an upper level.

Those connected to it now have a tarnish on their reputation. The problem is when some make allegations against schools who are competing honestly yet because of their success- They must be cheating.

Most of the reason Rose Hill wasn't playing at that upper level was because they did their recruiting young. All of the kids that were caught being recruited were young and are still playing today. If all of those guys would have stayed at Rose Hill and they didn't get caught they would have ran away with the 16th last year and made a nice run at potentially winning the state championship. Here's the guys that transferred from Rose Hill that were originally there once they caught wind of them potentially getting in trouble for recruiting violations and where they are now or where they went to.

Kyle Bair - East Carter
Connor Robinson - East Carter
Chad Jackson - Scott Co.
Dakotah Euton - Scott Co.
Robbie Barber - Scott Co.
Kyle Bush - Ashland
Corey Gregg - Ashland
Ryan Whetsel - Ashland
Mike Terry - Fairview
JD Adams - Fairview
Cameron Hall - Glasgow
Mike Davis - Grant Co.
Collin Kennedy - Chesapeake,OH

Enough talent there that I think that it would have been hard for anybody to stop them from winning the state championship last year.
LClion4life Wrote:Most of the reason Rose Hill wasn't playing at that upper level was because they did their recruiting young. All of the kids that were caught being recruited were young and are still playing today. If all of those guys would have stayed at Rose Hill and they didn't get caught they would have ran away with the 16th last year and made a nice run at potentially winning the state championship. Here's the guys that transferred from Rose Hill that were originally there once they caught wind of them potentially getting in trouble for recruiting violations and where they are now or where they went to.

Kyle Bair - East Carter
Connor Robinson - East Carter
Chad Jackson - Scott Co.
Dakotah Euton - Scott Co.
Robbie Barber - Scott Co.
Kyle Bush - Ashland
Corey Gregg - Ashland
Ryan Whetsel - Ashland
Mike Terry - Fairview
JD Adams - Fairview
Cameron Hall - Glasgow
Mike Davis - Grant Co.
Collin Kennedy - Chesapeake,OH

Enough talent there that I think that it would have been hard for anybody to stop them from winning the state championship last year.
You're comment wasn't about Rose Hill now was it? And Rose Hill did not win anything now did they? Plus they were caught and punished.
Nothing But The Kids Wrote:Better do your homework before making a statement like this. Highlands is one of the top academic schools in the state.:dontthink

:Thumbs:Kind of easy for people to take potshots when they have no clue what they are talking about isn't it.
I know Pikeville has this class which all the fball players take and its called body building. They lift in that class as well as after school with the team. Then they do their conditioning.
nky Wrote:You're comment wasn't about Rose Hill now was it? And Rose Hill did not win anything now did they? Plus they were caught and punished.

It wasn't necessarily about Highlands either. It was about all public schools. Rose Hill was caught and punished. The evidence against Pike Central is overwhelming. My exact words were, "You seriously think that just because they are a public school that they don't recruit? Not saying that they do, but that is funny." It was aimed toward all public schools across the state. To say that there are 0 public schools in this state that recruit and get away with it is foolish.