Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Number of pitches
What's a safe number of pitches for a high school pitcher to throw in a game and would that number change due to cold or hot weather?
It just depends on the pitcher in my opinion..Some guys may be able to throw over 100 pitches each game and it wouldn't bother their arm at all, while if others tried that they'd probably destroy their arm...It just depends on how well that pitchers arm is conditioned...As far as the weather, I don't think it makes that big of a difference as long as you keep the arm pretty warm during the break in between innings in a cold game...
100 pitches sounds like alot
"alfus21" Wrote:It just depends on the pitcher in my opinion..Some guys may be able to throw over 100 pitches each game and it wouldn't bother their arm at all, while if others tried that they'd probably destroy their arm...It just depends on how well that pitchers arm is conditioned...As far as the weather, I don't think it makes that big of a difference as long as you keep the arm pretty warm during the break in between innings in a cold game...

The weather does have a large deal in how long a pitcher can go and how effective they are on the mound. A pitcher will throw better on a hot day compared to a cold one.
If a pitcher throws a full 7 innings almost 100% of the time he will throw 100 pitches or more.
i think that 100 or more to
I agree with you. If a pitcher does go the full seven innings then usually he does go over 100 pitches. Somtimes though a pitcher can go a full seven innings and not throw over 70 or 80 pitches.

"underdawg" Wrote:If a pitcher throws a full 7 innings almost 100% of the time he will throw 100 pitches or more.