Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
with south floyd losing 6 senior in volleyball how will they fair in 06
with amber coming back they should be good
They will be ok.
yes..with amber coming back his yr ..sf should be rlly could...Smile
one player on the volleyball team isnt gonna make the team any better than it would with out her. Definition of the word team:A group on the same side, as in a game.
A group organized to work together,now would someone like to tell me where it says that one person makes a group and that just having amber back is gonna make the L-Raiders the best or even good.what im saying is that a sport such as volleyball requires more than one person(amber) its a community effort between the girls on the team and they all need to help each other out this yr and not only rely on one person(amber) to pull them throught his yr and hand them wins.On a good note i hope tyhe lady raiders go all the way this yr and i wish them the best of luck in their upcoming season!
haven;t really watched them but good luck
"FranciScottKey" Wrote:one player on the volleyball team isnt gonna make the team any better than it would with out her. Definition of the word team:A group on the same side, as in a game.
A group organized to work together,now would someone like to tell me where it says that one person makes a group and that just having amber back is gonna make the L-Raiders the best or even good.what im saying is that a sport such as volleyball requires more than one person(amber) its a community effort between the girls on the team and they all need to help each other out this yr and not only rely on one person(amber) to pull them throught his yr and hand them wins.On a good note i hope tyhe lady raiders go all the way this yr and i wish them the best of luck in their upcoming season!

excellant point. sf will be young, but do not let that diminish them. they have been sending gals to camp and so forth and will be prepared! you know, i would also like to say SHAME ON THE FLOYD COUNTY SCHOOL SYSTEM FOR PERPETUATING THIS UGLINESS UPON THE STUDENTS, COACHES, AND COMMUNITY.... lose the police for goodness sakes. do not let one bad apple or two stigmatize they whole bushel basket!!!!! Every school has its hot heads and folks who show their fannies everywhere they go! Back in the day when two moms from ACHS used to sit behind opposing teams benches to expectorate on the opposing coaches and throw quarters at them, there was no ban and no police and that was abusive and assault!
GOOD LUCK SOUTH FLOYD RAIDERS VOLLEYBALL, I KNOW YOUR COACH WILL HAVE YOU WELL PREPARED FOR THE UPCOMING SEASON!!!
"FranciScottKey" Wrote:one player on the volleyball team isnt gonna make the team any better than it would with out her. Definition of the word team:A group on the same side, as in a game.

I Will Disagree Slightly With This Statement. A Good Volleyball Player Can Make A "TEAM", Better, But A Single Player Cannot Beat A Good VolleyBall Team. Tell You What, Put "AMBER" Out On The Court By Herself And See How Many Teams She Beats. I Bet That The Number Is "0". It Takes A Total Team Effort For A Team To Win. In Order To Give Their Best Effort, Then The "TEAM" Members Need To Develop Themselves In The Off Season. If The South Floyd Team Works Hard During The Off Season, Then They Have A Chane To Be A Decent VolleyBall Team. This Will Be Directly Related To The Amount Of Work Each Player Does On Their Own, And Not Related To The Amount Of Posts Touting How Good The South Floyd VolleyBall Team Will Be. The Bottom Line, The Harder You Work In The Off Season, The Better The Team Will Be Come Time To Start Play. No Work....Well You Can Always But A Ticket To Watch The Other Teams Play Come Tourney Time. :Skull03: :giveup:
I have a feeling that the young team that the Raiders put on the court will be just that young. I know Smallwood, Little, and Turner will put the girls thru thier paces.
But you will have to remember that only Tackett, Slone and Stumbo really have any true varsity experience. those three will have to step up and lead the way. This team will be differnt from the past two season's in 2 majors areas, no seniors to show leadership, and to they will be the tallest team the Raiders have ever had. I forsee the use of many girls in the up coming season. Knowing smallwood and his background in track I have a feeling that this team is going to be in the best shape that they can be in.
I wish them Luck, and hope they can build on the foundation of what the past 4 seasons created.
I also heard they might have a transfer student moving in her dad used to go to wheelwright and might be moving home and she around 6' tall, so that with the tall girls that played jv (16-4) last season might give amber and others something to work with for the upcoming season. good luck and hope to see you play if you play valley this season.
Good Luck Girls!!
I think that the girls will do just fine this season. They have some great players coming back. Smallwood and Little will defently have them ready! I also think that the middle school will have a pretty good team. SF volleyball will be tough for a few years.
Well said.
i agree they should b pretty good next season
i agree 2 they will be alright throughout the season... very young team..
Amber Tackett will probably be one of the best volleyball players in the state when she is a senior if she will practice and work on her game.
They will be ok.
I saw them play 3 times this season.
2 times there JV played and I thought i saw some potential
both times they killed valley, but that aint saying alot
the thing i notice about the varsity was that they played mostly seniors cept for the tacket girl, the second time i saw them they played 3 other girls one was the setter on the jv stumbo, and the other was a shorter girl slone.
if those 3 step up they could be tough.
but when you lose 6 seniors they will go through some real growing pains
question is if they strat slow will they be able to come together
they will be okay Tackett is way overratted but Ii know Ccoach Ssmallwood very well from when he coached track and he always prides hiself with team and with the young girls if they become a team he will be hard to handle come tourney time.
Good luck Girls!!
Amber Tackett will have to show some leadership this year and lead the raiders to a good season!
I believe that they will be good next year