Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Only Pike County teams
don't you think that pike county teams should play each other in the pike county bowl?
I voted no.

To do so would force at least two teams to play a district game in week 1 of the season, which is not ideal. Pike Central and Shelby Valley found that out last year.

Also, I think its good to bring in outside teams to play. It increases the crowd, introduces our region to other teams & fans, and provides the opportunity for better opponents.
they should have more than one bowl
Big Red Wrote:I voted no.

To do so would force at least two teams to play a district game in week 1 of the season, which is not ideal. Pike Central and Shelby Valley found that out last year.

Also, I think its good to bring in outside teams to play. It increases the crowd, introduces our region to other teams & fans, and provides the opportunity for better opponents.

I agree. But I also think it would be better if the friday teams played teams from outside Pike County instead of having a potential district matchup in the first game.
My point exactly, crazytaxidriver.
And with east ridge and phelps playing, they could do one of two things

1. Add another day to the PCB
2. Have three games in a nite, and start earlier.

Either one of those would be cool IMO. Cause it's starting to get boring watching the Friday teams play each other ever couple years.
What teams in Pike County could even contest Pikeville other than Belfry?
torQQue Wrote:What teams in Pike County could even contest Pikeville other than Belfry?

That's the reason they need to get out of county opponents on both nights, just to make it interesting.

BTW, where are the friday games being held this year?
I like CTD idea about 3 games in one day. I know what it feels like to be snubbed in the PCB and be on a Pike County team. I understand why they did it, but it still sucked.
4leaf Wrote:I like CTD idea about 3 games in one day. I know what it feels like to be snubbed in the PCB and be on a Pike County team. I understand why they did it, but it still sucked.

That would suck. But three games in one day would be freakin awesome I think.
CTD is right. IT gets boring watching the same 4 teams play every year in the PCB friday night games
I say we just stick with tradition on this one boys cause like it or not pikeville and belfry are still in the county and no other teams could even step up to that level
They should have more than one bowl game in pike county a year. i also think that pikeville and central should match up sometime this year.
No....b/c unless Pikeville and Belfry played every year theyw ould always blow out their opponent.....need to bring in some good teams to make the Saturday games interesting
I agree with Beef.
i think that we need to widein the teams we are playing u sucky pike co. teams can play each other but leave the big boys to belfry and pikeville
IMO
They should quit calling the games on Friday night the Pike County Bowl. The Friday night games are horrible, and shouldn't even be considered bowl games. Seriously what is the point in inviting district opponents who are right up the creek to a bowl game.
If SV, ER, and PCC can build their football programs up then I would like to see them play good teams from other parts of the state. I think it would be great for football fans in Pike County. As of right now I think the current layout should stay in place, because all three have yet to become good football teams. All three schools have great potential to become good football programs it just takes some time and some dedication from the little league programs and on up. I don't know what they should do with Phelps....I guess they could play Jenkins, Allen Central, Matewan, or some other team.
u all said the friday games werent exciting......Pikecentral and Shelby Valley went into 3 ot's last year u cant say thats not exciting and there were points scored it wasnt 0-0 the whole game
Coach Mac Wrote:i think that we need to widein the teams we are playing u sucky pike co. teams can play each other but leave the big boys to belfry and pikeville
IMO

Not so fast my friend. I am not in any way putting down Pikeville's football program. You guys have great tradition over there, but PHS is far from what it was in the late 80's early 90's. And besides, you play in Class A. Far from the schedule PCC plays in 2A. I'm sorry to disappoint you all but Pikeville is not as great as you proclaim it to be. 8)
Big Grin ok you can say that our team isnt that good when pcc beats pikeville which is never but im sure that pcc would love to try i mean dont we beat some teams that beat you all :o
As a Pikeville grad, please ignore the derogatory comments made by other "Pikeville" folks about the Pike County teams made on this board. To those of you from Pikeville -- show the class you think you have because you go to Pikeville and stop hiding behind the Internet and your vague username and adding fuel the fire that everyone thinks people from Pikeville are snobs.

If you want to talk the talk, you've got to walk the walk. Grow up and act like you've got some sense.
jfallsman Wrote:As a Pikeville grad, please ignore the derogatory comments made by other "Pikeville" folks about the Pike County teams made on this board. To those of you from Pikeville -- show the class you think you have because you go to Pikeville and stop hiding behind the Internet and your vague username and adding fuel the fire that everyone thinks people from Pikeville are snobs.

If you want to talk the talk, you've got to walk the walk. Grow up and act like you've got some sense.

I agree in that the Pikeville fans need to show some class. A lot of them are young and immature and it does not reflect the Pikeville fanbase at all. I know that right now Pikeville could handle any school in Pike County besides Belfry. That being said I would love to see all the programs build their football programs to the level of Pikeville and Belfry. I espically want to see SV do well because Ben is their head coach. There is a ton of potential at SV, PCC, and ER to build their programs into some of the best AA programs in Easern Kentucky. If all three schools will be didicated to football and take little league and middle school football serious then they will become very good programs. As of right now we have 2 options for what to do for the Pike County Bowl. We can keep the current format, which while I agree does suck but is about the best we can do right now. The other option is to bring in good programs from other parts Kentucky and Eastern Kentucky and as of right now I don't think the Pike County schools could compete with them. I think 5 years from now hopefully Pike County will have 4 or 5 real good football programs and that will result in a awesome Pike County Bowl for everyone involved.
It's nice the way it is......But it needs to be alternated between Belfry & Pikeville. I like the idea of playing out of county schools.
BelfryPride Wrote:It's nice the way it is......But it needs to be alternated between Belfry & Pikeville. I like the idea of playing out of county schools.

I see nothing wrong with alternating the bowl between Pikeville and Belfry once they get their bew stadium. Community Trust may care though because they have a pretty sweat setup at Pikeville with the bank just next door. I think they should play a set of games at Pikeville and Belfry each year. They must keep Pikeville and Belfry together on Saturday night and let their games switch between Pikeville and Belfry and the other games can play at the other location.
I think that Pikeville and Belfry should be alternated or bring some bigger and better teams to Pike County to play so Pikeville and Belfry will have some competition. I am sorry but there isn't too many great football teams in Pike County, and East Ridge probably has the worst one. East Ridge could be better if they would start the kids at an earlier age playing. There isn't strong little league or middle school teams as feeder schools so therefore they are basically introduced into the high school program with no or little prior experience.

The 3 games in a day would be good if they would start earlier. 2 games in a night makes the games late enough as is though. I remember that I went with a friend one year and her parents made us be back at like 10:30 and East Ridge played the second game that night and well we got to see kickoff. The games run too late. The first game never plays within a reasonable time frame. The half time is too long, it usually rains, all kinds of factors run the games late into the night.
I voted yes. Why would they call it the pike county bowl if teams from differant counties played in it?
johnnyappleseed Wrote:I voted yes. Why would they call it the pike county bowl if teams from differant counties played in it?

So you think that all teams in Pike County including Pikeville and Belfry shoul play other Pike County schools in the Pike County Bowl? That will never happen. I think all teams should play teams from outside the county but until the other Pike County teams build their program(s) up that can not happen. If it were to happen it would be one of the top bowls in the state.
PHSFAN Wrote:
johnnyappleseed Wrote:I voted yes. Why would they call it the pike county bowl if teams from differant counties played in it?

So you think that all teams in Pike County including Pikeville and Belfry shoul play other Pike County schools in the Pike County Bowl? That will never happen. I think all teams should play teams from outside the county but until the other Pike County teams build their program(s) up that can not happen. If it were to happen it would be one of the top bowls in the state.

I agree with this.. except that, the schools like Pike Central and Shelby Valley, could bring in other mediocre teams across the state.. They don't have to bring in teams that will completely tear them to pieces.
hahahah thats for sure............the word sympathy comes to mind