•  Previous
  • 8(current)
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 42 - Russell 0
ALWAYSADEVIL Wrote:I normally will not comment on these sites but I feel I need to comment...I am so tired of reading the comments made about the Russell team having no heart. Most of you don't have kids on the team so what you think you know is only hear say...there are a handfull of these kids that have the biggest heart for the game that you will ever know, but when you have students, teachers(yes teachers) and one of your own team captains constantly telling you that you stink and you will be lucky to win any games, it kind of gets you down. And what alot of you don't know is that one of the captains kept telling the boys while on the field friday night that they stink and that he wants to loose. The coaches are aware of this kid and have been aware alllllll year and let it go so long that it almost came to blows on friday. There has been only jelousy from this kid all year and like someone else said, it spreads like a cancer. but what can you expect when you dont come to practice for a week at a time and the expect to be played as much as the ones that show up sick, hurt etc.I feel the coaching staff should take most of the blame on how this year turned out because they were fully aware of the problem and did nothing to my knowledge to correct it. I have always had respect for the coaching staff but this year I have been let down. You have to instill some disipline, you cant let a kid cuss you out and turn the other cheek, which happened several times this year. This one boy disrespected his entire team, coaches and community on Friday. If you knew the whole story you wouldn't believe it. he cussed everyone from the trainer to coach Mcglone.:mad:

Didn't want to go there but maybe it needs to be.
This cancer has been brewing for yrs now and it finally came to head. The coaches, teachers, school, AD, and many parents,players, all new about it. Why this was over looked for so many years no one nows. Maybe they should have let him be a Rambler like he wanted yrs ago. When you stand in the AD office and put your coaches,school,and who ever else down and use language that is not acceptable and this player still wears the Maroon & Gold.
Black mark on the school and all those involved. Just hope that it did not wear off on next yrs team. Did anybody else see what happened after the game when the team was going into the locker room. How can a parent allow their kid talk to a coach or other players and parents and not take control????????
There were Russell Alumnis, Coaches, parents, future Red Devils (kids), players all seen this and heard all the profanity used by this player.
pitchfork Wrote:Didn't want to go there but maybe it needs to be.
This cancer has been brewing for yrs now and it finally came to head. The coaches, teachers, school, AD, and many parents,players, all new about it. Why this was over looked for so many years no one nows. Maybe they should have let him be a Rambler like he wanted yrs ago. When you stand in the AD office and put your coaches,school,and who ever else down and use language that is not acceptable and this player still wears the Maroon & Gold.
Black mark on the school and all those involved. Just hope that it did not wear off on next yrs team. Did anybody else see what happened after the game when the team was going into the locker room. How can a parent allow their kid talk to a coach or other players and parents and not take control????????
There were Russell Alumnis, Coaches, parents, future Red Devils (kids), players all seen this and heard all the profanity used by this player.
What was said?
Sounds like Russell could have used Mike Singletary on the coaching staff this year.
Yeah one kid was more in the spotlight. But this team did not have alot of heart. Yes some kids played hard but they never had "it". When I say this team needed a mean streak I'm not saying they needed some one to scream and yell and start fights. They needed someone who would lay it all out to do his job. Someone that everyone else would follow. Someone that could bring them all together no matter the circumstances. They did not have that among the senior class.

There were some players that gave it there all but there were alot. Not just one, that when things didn't go their way just decided that was OK to lose. That is not acceptable and that is not something that can be coached. The biggest problem this team had was indiferrence. Some of them just really didn't care.
Okay guys enough of the "mud". You cannot unring a bell. This is something that needs to be address somewhere else. A public forum isn't the place nor the time. This isn't the fault of one person with the outcome of this game(s). We have all seen this in action time and time again. When the powers that be didn't do something about it,this is what it led to. The parents are totally responsible for the actions of thier kids. You cannot rely on the school system to teach them values. That is what is wrong with so many Families. People think that the schools should raise the kids. I was taught that if you have a name to protect, and its an insult to your Mother and Father to speak to another Adult in a profaine manner. Kids today need a good Kick in the A$$, not a time out.
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
ryanparker Wrote:Sounds like Russell could have used Mike Singletary on the coaching staff this year.
Wouldn't have mattered. He would have just ended up going to prison for killing somebody.
jgrubby Wrote:Okay guys enough of the "mud". You cannot unring a bell. This is something that needs to be address somewhere else. A public forum isn't the place nor the time. This isn't the fault of one person with the outcome of this game(s). We have all seen this in action time and time again. When the powers that be didn't do something about it,this is what it led to. The parents are totally responsible for the actions of thier kids. You cannot rely on the school system to teach them values. That is what is wrong with so many Families. People think that the schools should raise the kids. I was taught that if you have a name to protect, and its an insult to your Mother and Father to speak to another Adult in a profaine manner. Kids today need a good Kick in the A$$, not a time out.

I do so agree with this statement, and mine knows he would get it.
phs1986 Wrote:In 85 they played Paduach(sp) Tillman and in 86 they played Owensboro and the score was 14-0.

Right...but they scored in '85 and did not in '86. That's my point. But, both teams lost and there were 9 fumbles in '86?? I just don't see how they could be so much better than '85? And you should learn your husband's position. My hubby would be sad if I didn't know his. Sad
well the kids learn it from what they see at home..
TeamMom Wrote:Right...but they scored in '85 and did not in '86. That's my point. But, both teams lost and there were 9 fumbles in '86?? I just don't see how they could be so much better than '85? And you should learn your husband's position. My hubby would be sad if I didn't know his. Sad

To be totally honest, I didn't even know my hubby back in these days. I could honestly CARE LESS if he is sad over that!! LOL... He talks of things when he was in school but heck, this was over 20+ years ago... A LOT of water under the bridge!!! I have MY son to worry about who plays NOW......Big Grin

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
phs1986 Wrote:To be totally honest, I didn't even know my hubby back in these days. I could honestly CARE LESS if he is sad over that!! LOL... He talks of things when he was in school but heck, this was over 20+ years ago... A LOT of water under the bridge!!! I have MY son to worry about who plays NOW......Big Grin
I can tell ya his position these days.Its recliner king like me lolCool
cobra67 Wrote:I can tell ya his position these days.Its recliner king like me lolCool

Acutally it's the "pillow top" king... he is already gone to nite nite!! HAHA..

phs1986 Wrote:Acutally it's the "pillow top" king... he is already gone to nite nite!! HAHA..
I,m thinking about doin the same
cobra67 Wrote:I,m thinking about doin the same

I can't believe your still up knowing how early you have to get out in the morning!!!
:yawn: :zzz:

phs1986 Wrote:I can't believe your still up knowing how early you have to get out in the morning!!!
:yawn: :zzz:
Gimme a break.I live 10 minutes away
But I am outta here. See you guys tomorrow
cobra67 Wrote:But I am outta here. See you guys tomorrow

Nite doll... kisses to my little man for me!!!

pitchfork Wrote:Didn't want to go there but maybe it needs to be.
You sound like a real Russell fan bashing a 18 year old,,, I hope you are proud of yourself! you sound like a really good person LOLOLOLOL !!!!!!!!
Russell lost all but one game the last of the season, that speaks for itself!
Think looks like a good ending point.
  •  Previous
  • 8(current)