•  Previous
  • 8(current)
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell Co @ Corbin 11/16 Region Championship
is Dudley a miracle worker or a coach taking advantage of a very weak schedule? He seemed perfectly fine riding out the remainder of his career at Taylor just being mediocre.
I guess we will find out tomorrow if he is a miracle worker. He may very well be a miracle worker, if he is he should be able to win with the 3 or 4 athletes on his team.
Does dud teach at Bell? Or is he paid only to coach? I wasn’t necessarily looking at that just curious if there was a protege to take the reins when he isn’t capable or retires. I couldn’t find him listed as staff on the district web site. McCreary is listed as a health teacher.
pjdoug Wrote:How long was Dudley at Bourbon County before winning a championship? Smile

I believe Dudley took advantage of a situation at Bourbon, didn’t stick around long.
campbellfield Wrote:I believe Dudley took advantage of a situation at Bourbon, didn’t stick around long.

He hurried up and won a championship and left.
pjdoug Wrote:He hurried up and won a championship and left.

Folllow the mighty $ pj.
campbellfield Wrote:is Dudley a miracle worker or a coach taking advantage of a very weak schedule? He seemed perfectly fine riding out the remainder of his career at Taylor just being mediocre.
I guess we will find out tomorrow if he is a miracle worker. He may very well be a miracle worker, if he is he should be able to win with the 3 or 4 athletes on his team.
Does dud teach at Bell? Or is he paid only to coach? I wasn’t necessarily looking at that just curious if there was a protege to take the reins when he isn’t capable or retires. I couldn’t find him listed as staff on the district web site. McCreary is listed as a health teacher.

Well duh. They can’t afford him to teach too! Hahah. I’m sure he’s on a contract or did they do away with those? I know they were talking about it but I don’t think they ever did. I know Haywood was on one.
And tonight is GAME DAY IN THE MOUNTAINS!!!!!

:Wave::Wave::Wave::Wave::Wave::Wave:

[SIZE="3"]
The Bobcats are traveling to the Red Hound's lot. This is going to be an epic match-up!!

Good luck for an injury free contest, and may both teams play their very best game.

Thank God for GOTW on WYMT!!!![/SIZE]
Go Bobcats!
Bossdaddy 4115 Wrote:Ok wasn’t sure that’s why we discuss it. How many teams from this schedule are still playing today in the playoffs

1 in Corbin. 1 thing about the schedule that should be noted is that no one expected Whitley to be this bad 2 years ago. And Harlan County improved a lot throughout the year albeit still not great. But like I said, this is Coach McCreary's schedule.
campbellfield Wrote:is Dudley a miracle worker or a coach taking advantage of a very weak schedule? He seemed perfectly fine riding out the remainder of his career at Taylor just being mediocre.

First off Coach Hilton is not a miracle worker, but he can turn a football program around quick as long as he he has at least a little something to work with. Bell went 6-5 in 2000 and lost 3 straight games to end the season the year before Coach Hilton took over. The next year they went 9-4, but most impressive was they beat a previously undefeated highly ranked Lawrence County team with at least 2 division 1 players in the 2nd round of the playoffs. We beat some Cov. Cath teams in the 90s we had no business beating as well. Coach Hilton is an outstanding coach and to dispute that is laughable.

As for teaching, he is retired and now works at central office.
Never seen so much hatred towards a man that I’m willing to bet that most of you guys have never met, spoke to or even been around.
Hope for an injury free game and less play after the whistle this time on both sides
Will Dudley get a pay raise if he wins tonight?
ArJay Wrote:First off Coach Hilton is not a miracle worker, but he can turn a football program around quick as long as he he has at least a little something to work with. Bell went 6-5 in 2000 and lost 3 straight games to end the season the year before Coach Hilton took over. The next year they went 9-4, but most impressive was they beat a previously undefeated highly ranked Lawrence County team with at least 2 division 1 players in the 2nd round of the playoffs. We beat some Cov. Cath teams in the 90s we had no business beating as well. Coach Hilton is an outstanding coach and to dispute that is laughable.

As for teaching, he is retired and now works at central office.

There is no better coach than Dudley.
Estep healthy
Taylor healthy
Goose back
= long night for the Bobcats, Haddix will turn the dogs loose tonight
Dudley sure gets the most out of his players but it's not going to be enough tonight. I would like them to make this a knock down drag out but they just don't have the horses.
64black&gold Wrote:Dudley sure gets the most out of his players but it's not going to be enough tonight. I would like them to make this a knock down drag out but they just don't have the horses.

You're probably right. He probably has Whitley County on his mind. lol
Coach Dudley weak schedule and running the score up on teams catches up with bell
I'm praying there are no injuries!!!!
Anyone know what area the refs are from? Region?
Warriorhawk17 Wrote:Coach Dudley weak schedule and running the score up on teams catches up with bell

Your weak comments catch up to you.
Hound05 Wrote:Anyone know what area the refs are from? Region?

You should know who you hired. lol
Region 12 refs, Washington Co. and Taylor Co. Looks like Dudley coving a few bases.
WhyLie Wrote:Region 12 refs, Washington Co. and Taylor Co. Looks like Dudley coving a few bases.

:biglmao:
WhyLie Wrote:Region 12 refs, Washington Co. and Taylor Co. Looks like Dudley coving a few bases.

:HitWall: dang :HitWall:

Great!! Can’t wait to see the on field antics this time. He almost walked over to the other side line last time. Anyone prop bets? He’ll make it the whole way this time? Maybe even after the game?
Cattleman Wrote:So does that apply to Haywood as well? What about Smith?

Nope. Dudley isnt even in the same league. Things have changed since Dudleys hay day. Kids are different and the game is different. Doesn't mean he wasn't great at some point. Dudley isn't the only person in the world that could turn bell county football around.

That's Region 5 - Region 12 is Somerset to Danville
Unless football has a different numbering system
HCS Wrote:That's Region 5 - Region 12 is Somerset to Danville
Unless football has a different numbering system

I believe your right.
I am sorry you are correct. Nevertheless, funny how things workout.
So Dudley pulls a Haddix on his own field? Alcoa could learn something from that.
  •  Previous
  • 8(current)