•  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South laurel HC
Real Badman Wrote:What teaching position are they looking to fill?

Cooking and sewing.
Are they hiring a teaching slot or hiring a football coach?
Hire the best candidate and create a position for him... Laurel co has more money than anyone around them!
It is sad to say but there are several schools systems in our state that don't give a crap about football!!! And they just hire what ever teaching position they have! They are killing the kids when they do this. Football at most schools will have the most kids participating than anything does but they still don't care. It seems as if SL has done this many times. I hate that for their kids and their fans!!!
Craze JACKET man Wrote:Are they hiring a teaching slot or hiring a football coach?
Hire the best candidate and create a position for him... Laurel co has more money than anyone around them!
As long as you have Health/PE degree like former head coach Hunt Jackson you have a good shot at the position. SL wants to fill both spots with same person for whatever reason.
This should be a very attractive job, but instead it's a dumpster fire. Great to have such a "supportive" administration.
walterwhite Wrote:This should be a very attractive job, but instead it's a dumpster fire. Great to have such a "supportive" administration.

If they end up with former Middlesboro head coach..not quite a dumpster fire😀 lets give the committee the benefit of the doubt until the announcement 😉
walterwhite Wrote:This should be a very attractive job, but instead it's a dumpster fire. Great to have such a "supportive" administration.

Agreed. Should be.

Not many schools out there that have it all it terms of support, and even the handful or two that come to mind all have their shares of problems.

But, for anybody looking for a zero pressure, rebuilding job at a place that could/should do well....I would think that this is it.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:Agreed. Should be.

Not many schools out there that have it all it terms of support, and even the handful or two that come to mind all have their shares of problems.

But, for anybody looking for a zero pressure, rebuilding job at a place that could/should do well....I would think that this is it.

London a pretty big area for Eastern KY. I bet fundraising is a little easier over there.
No doubt.

They aren't a one horse town, but on the flip side of that...they have exactly what you are talking about which helps make up for some of the woes that come with along with noting being the only show in town. (If you get a roll of toilet paper, so does school X.....that kind of scenario). That can be a pain, but if you have businesses in your community as they do...it helps offset things for sure.
Cards93 Wrote:If they end up with former Middlesboro head coach..not quite a dumpster fire😀 lets give the committee the benefit of the doubt until the announcement 😉

I agree 100% on Frazier. He would put out the fire for sure. Past hires, however, cast a huge shadow of doubt on decisions.
Has Frazier for sure applied and interviewed, or getting one? Would be a great pick up....
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:Has Frazier for sure applied and interviewed, or getting one? Would be a great pick up....

Absolutely 100% sure he has interviewed with SL.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:Has Frazier for sure applied and interviewed, or getting one? Would be a great pick up....

if he is interested they should waste no time hiring him.
Would those other guys in the school work for him? If you have two guys on staff that are somewhat qualified for the job and add a coach like Frazier to be the head man that could be an overnight change in that program. Those schools are near 6A and could make some changes fast.
Don Burdine hired as head coach, per Sentinel Echo.
wow
100% positive Frazier did not interview for this job. Congrats to Coach B
Wow, I don't even know where to start. I honestly believe South could be a very competitive team year in and year out. However, I don't think the admin really cares.
BIG TONY Wrote:Don Burdine hired as head coach, per Sentinel Echo.

Anyone know his resume. It's been stated he was at SW prior, where was he prior to that? Where did he play? College?
Wow!!!
One of two things had to have happened...1. Absolutely no one worthy applied for the job...or...2. South administration has no idea what they're doing. The guy allowed 39.7 points per game as D-Coordinator last season. Got laughed at on the way out of SW with the previous staff prior to Coach French. I'd like to see the checklist the administration used to decide this was the right fit, as it is a very questionable hire in my opinion. I have a feeling they'll be running through the same process again in a couple years.
BIG TONY Wrote:Don Burdine hired as head coach, per Sentinel Echo.

:why::dontthinkConfusedtare::dudecomeon:
Wildcat18 Wrote:One of two things had to have happened...1. Absolutely no one worthy applied for the job...or...2. South administration has no idea what they're doing. The guy allowed 39.7 points per game as D-Coordinator last season. Got laughed at on the way out of SW with the previous staff prior to Coach French. I'd like to see the checklist the administration used to decide this was the right fit, as it is a very questionable hire in my opinion. I have a feeling they'll be running through the same process again in a couple years.

I choose 1 and 2.
The beat goes on. More of the same.
E's Army Wrote:The beat goes on. More of the same.

:flush:
I was told Frazier and Hoskins applied and heard nothing from anyone.
I know another coach that has been a head coach and won at other programs that no one else has. He applied and never got a phone call. SL fans I fill sorry for you.
Sit, stay, always do what I say....sounds like they already had who they wanted in mind
Wow... I feel sorry for the kids!
I thought they had to have the posted for 30 days before they could even start interviews? I didn't think the other coach has been resigned for 30 days yet. But, with South Laurel football nothing shocks me. I've heard that the most coaching experience this guy had was coaching youth league ball in Pulaski before getting on the previous SW staff. The kids seem to really like the guy, but they need a good football coach, not a buddy.
  •  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next