•  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cordia 63 - Perry 53
Redfan96 Wrote:Big deal just a little punch .you all act like it's the end of the world . It doesn't matter your going to have a fight in every sport

This is seriously the dumbest post anyone has ever said on this website. Every is now dumber since they read it. May God have mercy on your soul.
11thRegionHoops Wrote:So to make sure I understand, you're saying it's the officials fault that the kid threw a punch?

I have consistently stated i don't agree every with that behavior. If you review the tape you will see me on the side line telling the ref's to watch all the illegal elbows seconds before this took place. Then noticed extra activity. The ref Went to both (I don't know what was said) the ref's were not calling a balanced. Game. Fouls didn't. Match it is there job to assure player play a safe and legal game.... you can't. Place judgment. without watching the game not snippets. These are kids and this right or wrong has happened on all levels. It's called a rippling effects you don't make calls people put it in there hands. Not right but a fact. All of our low post. Players were in foul trouble and Ortiz had fouled out. Justice was still playing and not in trouble. Just saying watch the game in its entire.

the crossover Wrote:I have consistently stated i don't agree every with that behavior. If you review the tape you will see me on the side line telling the ref's to watch all the illegal elbows seconds before this took place. Then noticed extra activity. The ref Went to both (I don't know what was said) the ref's were not calling a balanced. Game. Fouls didn't. Match it is there job to assure player play a safe and legal game.... you can't. Place judgment. without watching the game not snippets. These are kids and this right or wrong has happened on all levels. It's called a rippling effects you don't make calls people put it in there hands. Not right but a fact. All of our low post. Players were in foul trouble and Ortiz had fouled out. Justice was still playing and not in trouble. Just saying watch the game in its entire.

:why:
Is this in english?
It makes absolutely no difference to me what the rest of the game has to offer. Bottom line, the punch that was thrown from Chapman to Johnson's head was flagrant, dangerous and absolutely uncalled for, and Chapman should not play for the rest of the year for throwing it.

I freely admit that officials can alter the tone of the game, but this was over and above anything that should've ever happened in a basketball game.
I believe I deciphered it THIS time!!

Smile
How can anyone still actually be trying to rationalize a haymaker to the temple in the middle of a basketball game? Who cares what lead up to it, the punch was cheap and cowardly, so now the kid needs to live with whatever the consequences are. I'm sure everyone here that played sports in grade school, high school, college, wherever, got pissed or had trash talked to them, but I doubt many of us (if any at all) went and clocked the other player in the face.
Johnson shouldn't have said nothing to the guy
I have been pretty dirty all my life when I played and I have never hit a guy in the back of the head. Never even thought about it. If people fought every time someone said something bad to them in a game, there would be no sports. Words are cheap and dont mean a thing during a game. A good player will block all that crap out and go on and take care of business. Im sure if JJ and RC run into each other up a walmart it may be a little different next time around.
Redfan96 Wrote:Johnson shouldn't have said nothing to the guy

Can you prove Johnson said anything at all? You're either a bad troll or just an idiot.
zaga_fan Wrote::why:
Is this in english?

Cell phone...... it does what it wants and I can't read before I send. Sorry. Plus I had been driving for over 12hrs
geauxtigers75 Wrote:How can anyone still actually be trying to rationalize a haymaker to the temple in the middle of a basketball game? Who cares what lead up to it, the punch was cheap and cowardly, so now the kid needs to live with whatever the consequences are. I'm sure everyone here that played sports in grade school, high school, college, wherever, got pissed or had trash talked to them, but I doubt many of us (if any at all) went and clocked the other player in the face.

Never denied that.......have always stated total agreement but you have to admit the problem to prevent it from happening again. With anyone
geauxtigers75 Wrote:How can anyone still actually be trying to rationalize a haymaker to the temple in the middle of a basketball game? Who cares what lead up to it, the punch was cheap and cowardly, so now the kid needs to live with whatever the consequences are. I'm sure everyone here that played sports in grade school, high school, college, wherever, got pissed or had trash talked to them, but I doubt many of us (if any at all) went and clocked the other player in the face.

Never denied that.......have always stated total agreement but you have to admit the problem to prevent it from happening again. With anyone .
the crossover Wrote:Cell phone...... it does what it wants and I can't read before I send. Sorry. Plus I had been driving for over 12hrs

Been there, done that lol
the crossover Wrote:Never denied that.......have always stated total agreement but you have to admit the problem to prevent it from happening again. With anyone

In your opinion what would the proper punishment for this incident be? I know he will probably for sure at least miss the two district games, but do you think the school should go further if the KHSAA does not?
Proper punishment should be season over and a 30 day trip to Breathitt County Detention Center for Assault. And I honestly hate that RC done that. He just made a mistake but their has to be consequences to mistakes like that. If my kid punched a kid in the back of the head, damn right I wouldnt care if he got sent off. It is what it is.
I think the Chapman kid should have to sit the rest of the year. I don't think it's even questionable or debatable. Say what y'all will about its just a punch or whatever you want to but it was a malicious and cowardly act and he told him he was gonna shoot him after the game. I'm sorry, that kid needs some time in BCDC and a bunch of anger management classes. Cordia will NOT do one thing to him. They will let him sit his 2 game suspension and be done w/ it.
That's what is so funny about all this. It's not bad enough the Chapman kid was ruled ineligible by the KHSAA and they filed an injunction to play him anyways and once he is eligible he does something like this. I would love to see this kids background check. I would say this ain't the first run in he has had. If I were the Johnson's I would demand a copy of his records from his previous schools & if there was any other incidents I would own the school and start my own prep school.
End of story on the suspensions.

Quote:02/24/14 – ASST. COMMISSIONER’S COMMENTS ON CORDIA-PERRY COUNTY CENTRAL INCIDENT
February 24, 20142013-2014 News Releases
“On Friday, Feb. 21 an unsporting act took place in a boys’ basketball game between Cordia and Perry County Central. The officials assigned to the game ejected one student-athlete from Cordia who was directly involved in the incident and two student-athletes from Perry County Central for leaving the bench area. While video of the incident is available online, KHSAA Board of Control Policies state that the KHSAA staff is limited in the manner in which the video is used during the disciplinary process, unless the contest officials make a request for review of the specific incident. In this instance, the contest officials made no such request and therefore the KHSAA is not permitted to act upon video evidence, and must abide by the minimum required penalty of a two-game suspension for the Cordia player and a one-game suspension for each player from Perry County Central. Administration from Cordia has reported to the KHSAA that additional actions will be taken at the school level, as they do not condone the actions of the young man in question.”
Fight happen in sports..sucker punches, sucker elbow, Hell Marcus Smart went into the stands and just got 3 games...I say suspend him 3-5 games...I understand the other teams that fear Cordia want him gone, But I am fully confident my team can beat them with 5 more of Chapman.
zaga_fan Wrote:End of story on the suspensions.

This shows just what a JOKE the KHSAA has become !!!
http://khsaa.org/httpdocs/dq_list_public/

Chapman, Richard Basketball (Varsity) 31 Cordia 02/21/14 Perry County Central 0 Fighting X X

Sizemore, Corey Basketball (Varsity) 40 Perry County Central 02/21/14 Cordia 0 Fighting X X
Lawson, Tyler Basketball (Varsity) 12 Perry County Central 02/21/14 Cordia 0 Fighting X X

So:
- Two-game suspension for Chapman.
- One-game suspension for Sizemore.
- One-game suspension for Lawson.
This makes two players, one boy and one girl, that has committed criminal acts caught on camera in the fourteenth region the last two seasons and it appears that they will only have been suspended for three games combined. You got to love the ethics in that section of the region.
I just saw this Zaga. I want everyone to understand what a complete joke this statement is. How in God's name could you only look at our bench and not Cordia's. I was told Fugate which was one of the refs was suppose to be watching Cordia's bench but he say he didn't see anyone leave the bench. That's not even close to accurate! PCC's player gets sucker punched in the back of the head and PCC gets to 2 T's on them. Cordia gets 2 free throws and the ball back. I truly believe if the tables had been turned and Johnson would have done this to Chapman that it would be on CNN, the NAACP would be here right now & Obama would be on his way!
Bringing the OBAMACARE!!!

[Image: http://i1344.photobucket.com/albums/p658...efdd19.jpg]

Time to move on an play ball :igiveup:
I do not live in Perry County and have no connections to any schools.To get on here and misspell a word is a mistake but to sucker punch another person in the back of the head is a crime.Chapman should never play another game in the state of Kentucky .If my son did that to another person the least of his worries would be the KHSAA.
I just watched the incident between PCC and Cordia, and the Chapman kid should definitely be suspended the remainder of the season. That was a classless act, and if I were Rhodes, I would suspend him indefinitely. I have supported Rhodes in the past, but if he can't control his players any better than that, he may need to relocate. These young men need to start learning how to win with class and how to lose with class.
Car Daddy, what do you think would have happened had it been the other way around?
ballstar Wrote:Car Daddy, what do you think would have happened had it been the other way around?

I would hope 2 games suspension ( but you didn't ask me ) sorry
ballstar Wrote:Car Daddy, what do you think would have happened had it been the other way around?

If Johnson would have thrown the punch, he should be suspended the rest of the season as well. This kid was trying to hurt Johnson, it wasn't like both kids were squaring off at each other in the heat of the moment.
  •  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next