•  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2013 Bell County Bobcats
The Outsider Wrote:Bell County should be a top 10 team in Class 3A before its all said and done this year.

TongueoliceLig the outsider TongueoliceLig no kidding :ChairHit:
piratetom Wrote:New to this site. South Pittsburg Alumni and former player. Everyone is our small town is looking forward to the drive into Kentucky for a season opening matchup with Bell County. Expecting a really good game!!

Welcome to the site!

Feel us in on South Pittsburg and what all they return.
Bell County has traditionally been a power in this state, and especialy in this region of southeastern KY, but will have there biggest rebuilding year in many years.
We'd like to know what to expect.
5 State Championships---1969, 1994, 1999, 2007, 2010
5 State Runner Ups---1974. 1985. 1986, 2009,2010

Last year lost 13 to 12 on a two point conversion try that failed to the eventual state champion in the 2nd round.

Return 9 starters on both sides of the ball, not including two previous starters whose season ended early last year due to injury.

Lots of speed at the skill positions. All lineman return from last year.

This team will again compete for a possible Class 1A State Championship. During the regular season we have to play much larger in and out of state teams in higher classifications due to the fact that a lot of local teams will not play us. This often results in us having to hit the road in the playoffs because losing to the larger schools directly affects our seeding in the 1A playoffs.

Just hoping with the new coach and new schemes, this team will live up to their potential early. Especially since we begin the season with the Bobcats. From what I have read, your team has enjoyed recent success so we fully expect a great game.
Hope you all have a safe trip up from southern tennesse! Keep us informed how the preseason goes for the pirates.

South pittsburg has a great résumé for sure. Sounds as if they are exact opposite of this years bell team with tons of experience. The Bobcats could start 3 sophomores just on the offensive line.
TopCat Wrote:Hope you all have a safe trip up from southern tennesse! Keep us informed how the preseason goes for the pirates.

South pittsburg has a great résumé for sure. Sounds as if they are exact opposite of this years bell team with tons of experience. The Bobcats could start 3 sophomores just on the offensive line.

I am like PirateTom and ready to make the trip up to Kentucky..Are there any good places to eat that way??...I don't know what kind of crowd we will bring up since it is almost a 4 hour trip...Are boys will be tough to handle this year in our class...now with that being said...Bell is a 3a school so I am sure ya'll have your fairshare of athletes...Looking for a very tough first game for the pirates...I have to share this link of our pregame and home atmosphere
powerp Wrote:I am like PirateTom and ready to make the trip up to Kentucky..Are there any good places to eat that way??...I don't know what kind of crowd we will bring up since it is almost a 4 hour trip...Are boys will be tough to handle this year in our class...now with that being said...Bell is a 3a school so I am sure ya'll have your fairshare of athletes...Looking for a very tough first game for the pirates...I have to share this link of our pregame and home atmosphere

Welcome to the site as well!

As far as eating, you can stop in mboro, there are a few different places to eat. The next closest place would be Corbin and thatd be 45 minutes out of your way and past Bell County.

Bell is a 3A school, but they only have around 600 kids i believe. Traditionally Bell is a state power in there class, but they'll be in major rebuild mode this year. They'll still have talent, and will have a good year, just not what there use to IMO.

South Pitt got Bell on a bad year. Should even the playing field out a little bit.
Glad to have another South Pitt fan on here. Not much to eat in our neck of the woods. Middlesboro has about any fast food you would want. 2 different mexican places, Craker barrel and Ryan's. That is about it.

We are rebuilding, have 3 starters back on offense and 3 on defense. Arguably our best player is out for some time after having tommy John surgery. BUT expectations for the Bobcats never changes!
Welcome to BGR, South Pitt fans!! Enjoy the banter.

Bell County has one of the richest traditions in mountain football. They are one, if not THE, biggest rival for my home school. I hate 'em!! Confusednicker: But you'll never see a team play with more heart and determination. If I have to admit, the always leave it all on the grid!!

Travel safely!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Welcome to the site as well!

As far as eating, you can stop in mboro, there are a few different places to eat. The next closest place would be Corbin and thatd be 45 minutes out of your way and past Bell County.

Bell is a 3A school, but they only have around 600 kids i believe. Traditionally Bell is a state power in there class, but they'll be in major rebuild mode this year. They'll still have talent, and will have a good year, just not what there use to IMO.

South Pitt got Bell on a bad year. Should even the playing field out a little bit.

SP plays bigger schools every year so they are use to the bigger number of students...I am looking forward to a good game...Hopefully you all will walk away impressed with one of the smallest schools in Tennessee.
Young Bobcats optimistic

BELL COUNTY, Ky. (WYMT) -- Bell County has dominated its district in class 3-A, but head coach Wayne Mills' squad has just six seniors on the entire roster to work with this season, making it extra difficult to prepare.

But defense will be the focal point in 2013. The Bobcats had four shutouts last season.

Mills said he isn't worried about the inexperience of his team. He thinks as the season rolls along, so will his team.

"On defense, we think we got some speed this year," Mills said. "I feel like we're not real, real big, but we move well and I think that's going to help us. I think that we will swarm to the ball really well."

"We return some good secondary guys and some linebackers and as our d-line continues to get better. I think we'll have another good defense here at Bell County."

The Bobcats return just four starters from last year's team.

"We are young up front. I think as each game, those kids will gain experience and as we hit district play, you know, you feel like you'll be ready to hit your stride," Mills said. "Anytime you got young players, it's just making sure that they mature and make sure they develop each and every week."

http://www.wkyt.com/wymt/sports/sportsov...18241.html
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
powerp Wrote:I am like PirateTom and ready to make the trip up to Kentucky..Are there any good places to eat that way??...I don't know what kind of crowd we will bring up since it is almost a 4 hour trip...Are boys will be tough to handle this year in our class...now with that being said...Bell is a 3a school so I am sure ya'll have your fairshare of athletes...Looking for a very tough first game for the pirates...I have to share this link of our pregame and home atmosphere

Heres a good vid from Bell State Championship team from a few years ago.
It really captures Bell football.

Now of course, this years team wont be like this one, but the fans will be and you can bet there will still be as much determination.

[YOUTUBE="Bell"]QWR34CvKnko[/YOUTUBE]
Nice video! We have a nice thread going on the game on Coacht.com! We welcome all Bell County fans to come talk about the game with us! Look under message boards, football then class 1a/2a! Sorry mods if this invite is against your rules
Tom how many seniors does SP have? How many returning starters?
LOOK WHO'S BAAACK!!!
Don't let these skilletheads fool you into thinking SP is real special....they just don't get out of the sticks much.
Just don't look them in the eye and don't let them use up all of your running water and everything should be OK.:problem:
Bobcats are not what they were either. Should be a good game. SP by 14-21. Competitive early, then SP pulls away.
TopCat Wrote:Tom how many seniors does SP have? How many returning starters?

7 or 8 starters return both sides of ball

About 12 Seniors or so!
piratetom Wrote:Nice video! We have a nice thread going on the game on Coacht.com! We welcome all Bell County fans to come talk about the game with us! Look under message boards, football then class 1a/2a! Sorry mods if this invite is against your rules

I doubt CoachT would be a big deal mentioning with it being an out of state site.
That rule is mostly means for in state high school discussion sites that we shall not name :biggrin:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I doubt CoachT would be a big deal mentioning with it being an out of state site.
That rule is mostly means for in state high school discussion sites that we shall not name :biggrin:

Amen gut!!!
Welcome back APB. How is things looking for the Tornado this season?

That is a bunch of Srs. for a 1A school. We have 6 or 7 this years so SP has more seniors, plus more returning starters and should be favored!!!!!
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:Welcome back APB. How is things looking for the Tornado this season?

That is a bunch of Srs. for a 1A school. We have 6 or 7 this years so SP has more seniors, plus more returning starters and should be favored!!!!!

After a pair of less than satisfying seasons, Alcoa will win 3A going away this year.
The fullback Tyson you remember so well has a clone of a cousin named Jacquez that will be a Jr. this year and if he doesnt carry 30X a game, we need to burn the school down.:flame:
SP will be a good test, very athletic for a small school...especially with all those "transfers" from north Alabama.....Confusedecret:
We have some very quick players on def. Will they (SP) line up and run right at you? If so it concerns me. I quess I'm asking are they big and physical?
AlcoasPaintedBridge Wrote:After a pair of less than satisfying seasons, Alcoa will win 3A going away this year.
The fullback Tyson you remember so well has a clone of a cousin named Jacquez that will be a Jr. this year and if he doesnt carry 30X a game, we need to burn the school down.:flame:
SP will be a good test, very athletic for a small school...especially with all those "transfers" from north Alabama.....Confusedecret:

Welcome back APB.
What does Alcoas schedule look like this year?
AlcoasPaintedBridge Wrote:After a pair of less than satisfying seasons, Alcoa will win 3A going away this year.

Easy there now APB! Don't be giving away all our secrets! You know Roy won't like that!
WhyLie Wrote:We have some very quick players on def. Will they (SP) line up and run right at you? If so it concerns me. I quess I'm asking are they big and physical?

We run the ball a lot but don't worry, we are small and weak and very slow!:igiveup:
WhyLie Wrote:We have some very quick players on def. Will they (SP) line up and run right at you? If so it concerns me. I quess I'm asking are they big and physical?

Sp has a good sized offensive line this year for a 1A school. Now, are they a bunch of 300 pounders...not at all. I believe we have all seniors on the line..Sp is a multiple offense...Generally they can run it where they want too and this year with our new qb we will be very effective in the passing game as well in my opinon. Them Bell County boys are strong...I just hope we come up there and compete!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Welcome back APB.
What does Alcoas schedule look like this year?
Like crap, basically.
Make that TOTAL CRAP.
It seems we are running away from teams that we should be playing every year to schedule a bunch of stiffs to get our Coach closer to the state record for victories...
Our opponents schedules are getting tougher and we will probably drop one that we shouldn't along the way, but we're still so talent heavy that the F5 can sleepwalk though most of these and get to the Semis anyway.
In case you can't tell, I am not happy about it.
South Pittsburg use to be the the team that ran away:igiveup:...at least that what Steven Hargis said.
Skilletheads?
You may not like them...but...how good are they?
powerp Wrote:Sp has a good sized offensive line this year for a 1A school. Now, are they a bunch of 300 pounders...not at all. I believe we have all seniors on the line..Sp is a multiple offense...Generally they can run it where they want too and this year with our new qb we will be very effective in the passing game as well in my opinon. Them Bell County boys are strong...I just hope we come up there and compete!

Most years i would say Bell easily by 3-4 TD's.

IDK about this year though. I think it will be a competetive game. If Bell was to get handled, I would be worried if i were a Bell fan.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Most years i would say Bell easily by 3-4 TD's.
IDK about this year though. I think it will be a competetive game. If Bell was to get handled, I would be worried if i were a Bell fan.

I don't think either team will get handled...South Pittsburg is not a normal 1a school in the fact of all the talent they have...Like I said..hopefully we can compete on a high level...
http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2013/...portspreps

That is the latest article on the pirates...
  •  Previous
  • 8(current)
  • Next