•  Previous
  • 8(current)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 52 Pike Central 20
I would like to congratulate Coach Haywood. He is probably the classiest football coach in the mountains and I have nothing but the utmost respect and admiration for him. This is coming from a Letcher County boy whose teams have been on the receiving end of many whippings by Coach Haywood.
Congrats to Coach Haywood but I watched him get his butt outcoached against Lou. Central in the finals a few years ago.
Clueless I said I was done, But you made me respond. We have praised Haywood on the other threads for that purpose. This thread was about the game and the classless way Chapman had his team act by not shaking hands at the end of the game. I have not always agreed with some calls on the field, but I am no where near the coach he is so who am i to disagree.The pond creek nation loves and respect Haywood hope he is here for a long long time to come!!!!!!!! I have had 2 boys play for him he is a big reason they are the men they are today.One with 2 state wins 4 district 4 region and two state semis. The youngest now has the chance to compete for his 2nd chance to play in state champ game. Shut your mouth about stuff you know nothing of.
Zebras eyes Haywood has been beat several times as a coach, no need for you smart a$$ remark. You are no where near the coach or the man he is.
zebra'seyes Wrote:Congrats to Coach Haywood but I watched him get his butt outcoached against Lou. Central in the finals a few years ago.

Do you care to elaborate zebra and maybe we can have a little discussion??
oldtimer3 Wrote:I'm glad that you noticed. Tell it to the other BOZO that couldn't spell it.....LOL.

No narcissism here. I took the ACT and had a composite score of 11 remember. Didn't need the GED I graduated from at Pikeville.

Who's the baby daddy? Confusednicker:Confusednicker:
OH YEAH! I got a 12 on my ACT. SUCK ON THAT!!! LOL!!!:wink:
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:OH YEAH! I got a 12 on my ACT. SUCK ON THAT!!! LOL!!!:wink:

I understand. That explains why you think you are such a smart arse......:biglmao:
hawkeye Wrote:I am pretty sure that Hilton & Holland were there to watch Boggs. I have heard that they are wanting him to come to UPike and have been to some of our other games. If you noticed he spent the night on Pike Central's side and the majority of the game talking to Allans dad. Not saying that Haywood's night was irrelevant, but I am pretty sure that they were there to see Boggs.

As for the comments about walking off the field..according to the Central players Chapman told the boys to go back to the locker room and let Haywood have his moment...it wasnt out of disrespect but RESPECT. Again.. that is coming from the Central football boys.. not speculation. The pike central fans were just as upset as some of you are, until we talked to the boys and asked them why they would do that. That was when we found out he asked them to go to the locker room and let him celebrate with his team and fans. As far as Chapman goes, I seen him walk back up to Haywood to do what I can only assume was to congratulate him, however, Haywood was speaking with media, and so Chapman went back to the locker room with his boys. Im sure some of you will come back on that last comment, but you are going to believe what you want to believe. I heard the boys explain why they walked off, because there were more than a few Central parents upset about it.. but once it was explained..it was understood. Haywood deserved to celebrate with his team, so that's what happened.. it wasnt out of disrespect in any way.
I have a friend that plays for PC and he said that was not the case. He told me that their Coach was pissed and told them to go straight to the locker room...no hand shaking
Decided to take this one in again before I threw the tape away.

In the first quarter Belfry was able to overcome their mistakes where as Central could not.

I think this was the begining of Belfry showing they were the better team in this one.
The 2nd quarter was more of Central making mistakes that really hurt them.

Belfry with the long kickoff return after Central tied things up was huge I.M.O. for Belfry, as it showed Central we are not going away.

The fumble on the pitch, on the drive when it looked like Central was going to tie it up was a huge play in this quarter.

Another huge factor to me in this quarter was how physical the Pirates defense was in this one. Along with the speed advantage the Pirates had especially when they were on offense.
Central gets a huge hit by their special teams to start the third, then Belfr gets that long TD run by #10, who after breaking some weak arm tackles out ran the defense for the score.
I noticed how Central had one, maybe two guys who always ran hard where Belfry had everyone who ran the ball run hard.

#10 had a huge third quarter and of all the runners I watched during this season he might be the smoothest runner I watched.

A huge problem for Central was drop passes.I.M.O. there was no excuse to drop passes that the QB put right on the money especially when the receivers were wided opened.
Wasn't a lot going on in the final frame besides Belfry scoring.

Overall the Central O-Line did a very nie job of protecting the QB.

In the end all I think can be said about this one is, when playing a team as talented as Belfry you better not have turnover nor can you afford to have a lot of flags thrown against you.
  •  Previous
  • 8(current)