•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Was Johnson Central the 2nd Best Team in 5A?
Funny stuff right there! (better ask Mr. Kimball if you're allowed to agree....!)
Rebel55 Wrote:I agree with Hatz even if he's not knowledgeable enough to even be able to form an opinion. :biggrin:

Thanks Rebel. I think. :thanks: :eyeroll:
Mr.Kimball Wrote:You just confirmed you dont know the first thing about anything more than what you may have read in a newspaper. Lets just call a spade a spade. Your one of those big feelin, big talkers on here that are self annointed experts on everything. Got news for you junior, you aint on this one.

I hope that you never quit posting on this forum junior! You have no clue about anything; but you sure are entertaining, Sparky. Keep up the good work big guy! Comprenda?

:lmao:
Of Kimbo's 2,617 posts, roughly 2000 were dedicated to this thread presumably of him trying to sell himself on the opinion that JC is the 2nd best team in the, do I even have to say, state.
JC really played well in the 2nd half of the season. No reason to think they were not the 2nd best team. Several others are just as deserving though.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Seems to me John Hardin is the second best team in the state. But being a fan of the mountain teams my heart would love to say JC was the second best team but my mind and the football knowledge i have seems to think other wise. However with that being said JC is without a doubt in the top 3 or 4 in the state maybe even the second best. However one must really consider how goo highlands was. I mean they did finish in the top five in the nation. Had JC played as well early in the year as they did late they would be a different argument. The bottom line is Highlands was the best 5a team in the state 2-5 is like a coin flip any team can win on any friday night but highlands proved they were not going to be beat this year. So my number 2 team is a toss up between John Hardin, JC, and Bowling Green just my opinion though.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:JC really played well in the 2nd half of the season. No reason to think they were not the 2nd best team. Several others are just as deserving though.
5A was Highlands, then everyone else. JC, JH, and others are just as good as the other.

HD28 Wrote:Whatever you gotta tell yourself to feel good about yourself hot rod! lol! I know how it went down; A certain someone was on speakerphone when I was in the presence of a friend of mine talking to that someone after the BC game! You seem to be one of those "big feelin, big talkers" that wants every one to take what you have to say as the gospel. Got news for YOU, Sparky...ain't buying it!
Oh I see . You heard it from a friend of a friend of a friend.

About what I figured.

First you say they cancelled the contract, then you change it to the admin. wouldn't let em. Which is it, you sound a little confused here?
BluegrassBuckeye Wrote:I hope that you never quit posting on this forum junior! You have no clue about anything; but you sure are entertaining, Sparky. Keep up the good work big guy! Comprenda?

:lmao:
Ah, you know how it is Buck, ya gotta do what ya gotta do.
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:Of Kimbo's 2,617 posts, roughly 2000 were dedicated to this thread presumably of him trying to sell himself on the opinion that JC is the 2nd best team in the, do I even have to say, state.

Naw, most of em have just been agreeing or laughing at your own Highland's comrads opinions of your 300 posts.

Any truth you just being a BlueBird wannabee, and not really being a real member of the family?
Highlands fans are the best and so are their families, but my allegiance is to One, not Highlands football. If it makes people feel better about themselves to attack the Whack, then so be it. Just ask Chuck, he said my insults make him feel better about himself. Despite my posts, I hold all of you guys in high regard. Merry Christmas, Kimbo!
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:Highlands fans are the best and so are their families, but my allegiance is to One, not Highlands football. If it makes people feel better about themselves to attack the Whack, then so be it. Just ask Chuck, he said my insults make him feel better about himself. Despite my posts, I hold all of you guys in high regard. Merry Christmas, Kimbo!

"Attack the whack" , hey now that's not bad. Excellent, wacky.:Thumbs:

Hey, regardless of the jabs we trade here, your one of my faves too. I guess we all have those "Cousin Eddies" in our families, and the Highlands family seems to be no different. You just gotta love em no matter what, I suppose.:biggrin:

Anyhoo, have a good Christmas yourself wacky.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Oh I see . You heard it from a friend of a friend of a friend.

About what I figured.

First you say they cancelled the contract, then you change it to the admin. wouldn't let em. Which is it, you sound a little confused here?

I heard the man talking about wanting to buy out the contract, but administration wouldn't let him! pay attention lil fella!
HD28 Wrote:I heard the man talking about wanting to buy out the contract, but administration wouldn't let him! pay attention lil fella!

Ooooohhhh no. You first said they bought out the contract and cancelled the game, then you changed it around later on. Pay attention to what you write and try to remember what it was, there goober. Or did you just plain and simply lie about it, just so you could try to look like a real B.A.? lol

Bottom line, the game is being played and was not bought out. Correct?
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:JC really played well in the 2nd half of the season. No reason to think they were not the 2nd best team. Several others are just as deserving though.

Of course they played better in the 2nd half of the season. Who did they beat in that 2nd half?

Middlesboro 4-8
Breathitt 7-6
Ashland 9-2 (best record in the streak & a 1 point victory, lost in 1st round)
Woodford 5-6
Montgomery 3-8
Belfry 8-4 (2nd best record in the streak and 3A school lost in 2nd round)
Scott 3-9
Cov Cath 6-6

Now compare that to the 0-4 vs. their first half opponents.

Boyle 15-0 (Class 4A state Champions)
Horn Lake, MS 3-8
Bell 12-2 (Class 4A semi-finalist)
Sheldon Clark 9-5 (Class AA state semi-finalist)

Did JC get that much better or did the schedule get easier?
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Ooooohhhh no. You first said they bought out the contract and cancelled the game, then you changed it around later on. Pay attention to what you write and try to remember what it was, there goober. Or did you just plain and simply lie about it, just so you could try to look like a real B.A.? lol

Did the coach threaten to cancel the 2010 Boyle game after the season opener?
Hatz Wrote:Of course they played better in the 2nd half of the season. Who did they beat in that 2nd half?

Middlesboro 4-8
Breathitt 7-6
Ashland 9-2 (best record in the streak & a 1 point victory, lost in 1st round)
Woodford 5-6
Montgomery 3-8
Belfry 8-4 (2nd best record in the streak and 3A school lost in 2nd round)
Scott 3-9
Cov Cath 6-6

Now compare that to the 0-4 vs. their first half opponents.

Boyle 15-0 (Class 4A state Champions)
Horn Lake, MS 3-8
Bell 12-2 (Class 4A semi-finalist)
Sheldon Clark 9-5 (Class AA state semi-finalist)

Did JC get that much better or did the schedule get easier?
My view is that why not think JC is the 2nd best, does it really matter? I do not think they were, but I am sure that there are many JC fans that think since they played Highlands to within 20 they deserve this label. Like I said above, it was Highlands, then a handful of other teams.

Hatz Wrote:Did the coach threaten to cancel the 2010 Boyle game after the season opener?

Has nothing to do with what you said. Threat and do are totally different things. You said it was cancelled and bought out, and I said it was not. That's all I said, and I was right on that. Correct?
Oops sorry, Hatz, I thought that was posted by HD28.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Has nothing to do with what you said. Threat and do are totally different things. You said it was cancelled and bought out, and I said it was not. That's all I said, and I was right on that. Correct?

I hope you guys continue this thread until next December. I have to admit I'm loving it.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Ooooohhhh no. You first said they bought out the contract and cancelled the game, then you changed it around later on. Pay attention to what you write and try to remember what it was, there goober. Or did you just plain and simply lie about it, just so you could try to look like a real B.A.? lol

I know it must be tough for a person of your intellectual capacity, and if you were within earshot, I would talk slowly...I can type slower, but doesn't have the same effect. Head Eagle WANTED to buy out the contract because of the a*$ whipping Boyle administered, but adminstration would NOT let him because of perception. Therefore, the game is still on, yes. If you need further help, please do not hesitate to ask.
And BTW, any football team that loses nearly 39% of their football games cannot lay claim to 2nd best in anything, except the county!!
Per newspaper artical:

Johnson Central coach Jim Matney said he will probably seek to cancel the second game of the home-and-home series by paying the contract buyout fee. “We didn’t think they needed to be running reverses and passes in the fourth quarter up 42, and we’re probably going to do that (with the contract),” Matney said.

Now, my guess is he has had some time to cool down after the game and it's still on. I look forward to seeing their turf field to kick off the 2010 football season.
The language I heard was much more colorful than that! What paper was that from? Hope the Rebs get a fair shake down there next year, cause the season will probably not be the only thing getting kicked off if they do!
HD28 Wrote:The language I heard was much more colorful than that! What paper was that from? Hope the Rebs get a fair shake down there next year, cause the season will probably not be the only thing getting kicked off if they do!

This is from the Danville Advocate Messenger newspaper, written by sports writer Mike Marsee.
HD28 Wrote:I know it must be tough for a person of your intellectual capacity, and if you were within earshot, I would talk slowly...I can type slower, but doesn't have the same effect. Head Eagle WANTED to buy out the contract because of the a*$ whipping Boyle administered, but adminstration would NOT let him because of perception. Therefore, the game is still on, yes. If you need further help, please do not hesitate to ask.
My intellectual capacity? Yeah right.

You intially said it was bought out. I corrected you and said it was not and the game would be played. I dont know why you continue with the BS. All you or anyone else has to do is go back and look at your post. :zzz:

Anyway, you've become boring with the whole deal. You were wrong, you were proved wrong, so there's really nothing more for you to rattle on about. I've known people that would argue that the blue sky was green before they would admit they were wrong, but you kinda go to the exteme. Apparently it must really hurt like the dickens being wrong!!!..lol Ah, but I've known crybabies before.

Rattle on further if you feel you must.
Rebel55 Wrote:Per newspaper artical:

Johnson Central coach Jim Matney said he will probably seek to cancel the second game of the home-and-home series by paying the contract buyout fee. “We didn’t think they needed to be running reverses and passes in the fourth quarter up 42, and we’re probably going to do that (with the contract),” Matney said.

Now, my guess is he has had some time to cool down after the game and it's still on. I look forward to seeing their turf field to kick off the 2010 football season.

You can continue with the rattle, rattle, rattle all you want as well. Me or nobody else ever claimed he didn't blow off some steam. Like I said, threat and do are two different things. The game will be played as I have said repeatedly.And that's all I said. On top of that, I'll be glad to give you the grand tour of the place when you come if your interested.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:You can continue with the rattle, rattle, rattle all you want as well. Me or nobody else ever claimed he didn't blow off some steam. Like I said, threat and do are two different things. The game will be played as I have said repeatedly.And that's all I said. On top of that, I'll be glad to give you the grand tour of the place when you come if your interested.

I never claimed anything other than what was in the article. If it bothers you what was said, than take it up with someone else. I didn't say it. All I said was that "my guess is he has had some time to cool down after the game and it's still on, and that I look forward to going next year". If you want to give a grand tour, i'd be interested.
Rebel55 Wrote:I never claimed anything other than what was in the article. If it bothers you what was said, than take it up with someone else. I didn't say it. All I said was that "my guess is he has had some time to cool down after the game and it's still on, and that I look forward to going next year". If you want to give a grand tour, i'd be interested.

Yes, on that, you are indeed correct. :Thumbs:
lol. Must suck to have leadership that wants to tuck their tail and run! Anyway, administration did the right thing! Good luck with that 8-5 and "2nd best" next year!
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next