Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Ashland
69.79%
Johnson Central
30.21%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland @ Johnson Central 10/9
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:This is my prediction this will be the most physical game each team has played cause of the playoff seeding on the line

I think you're right. Ashland had a good warm-up game with Ironton. That was a very hard-hitting game.
How can some of you guys think jc is going to win? I understand being there for your team, but honestly what has jc proved this year to make anyone think they can beat Ashland? We have beaten really good team, and have caused turn overs on every team we have played. And now Ashland is facing a team that fumbles all the time. so in less Ashland goes in ther too over confident, im saying 30-20 Ashland.
This game is going to be a lot better than most people think. JC has the monkey off their back now winning two straight games. Ashland is still undefeated and I really think if the Tomcats pull this one off, they will finish the regular season at 10-0. This is going to be their toughest test left on the schedule. JC will come out ready to play. Jude and Hall will have big games, but in the end I think Ashland gets it done. I may attend this one. Should be a great football atmosphere.

Good luck to both teams!
Is it true that Nathan Dillion quit the team a couple weeks ago? May have been covered in this thread already but I don't recall?
RedDevil1981 Wrote:From a Ashland neutral - Alber stands out from All of the others. With such an impact player he makes the others look better than they otherwise would. Hunter is small. Whetsel is punkish. Russell will beat this team the next 2 years. GOOD LUCK JC! :devilflam

I would never count them out, but I seriously doubt it! I think You get more of the same next year... An the next.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:This is my prediction this will be the most physical game each team has played cause of the playoff seeding on the line

That will be a tall order to be more physical than the ironton game that was some of the hardest hitting I've seen in a while. Ashland has done this from the start but when ironton came to town it went to another level.
With everyone talking about alber it seems the have forgot that Ashland has an ok passing game as well. So if by some miracle jc stops alber, it wont be the end of the world.
Were are you getting this info? Whetzal is a stellar defensive player, how would alber make him look better? And hes punkish? sounds like you have a personal problem with the cats.
Ring'Em Up Wrote:Positive? Confusedhh:

Punctuation rules.

Highlands will be hosting the playoff game this year. I saw both teams last year but have not seen either play yet this year. It is hard to believe that JC has declined that much and that Ashland has improved that much. This will be a good game to judge both teams. I wish I could make it down for the game as I am sure the crowds will be pumped up for this game.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Ridicule???

Really all it is footballmom, is music or satirical snippets that in no way, belittled any opponent. All that was done was to create an atmosphere at the games. I think you can ask any opponent that JC has ever played and they will tell you that nothing has ever been done to belittle any opponent, and most will tell you that they have never been to a game that was any more enjoyable of an experience than what was created by some very clever and imaginative people at JC. Everything is all done by people that love the game and they try to create an atmosphere that when any visitor leaves Johnson Central's stadium, they will know that they have not only been to a football game, they have been to an event. Ask any fan from Fort Thomas Highlands or Covington Catholic, and I think you'll hear that this was one of the greatest atmospheres and places to play a high school football game that they had ever been to.

As you know we went through a 4 game stretch where JC was able to beat Ashland by some some pretty good margins. However, what we have here with this big BAD CAT dude, is that he can not stand to loose to the point that he cried, he boo hooed, he snotted, he slobbered, he got on these message boards, and then went so low as to not only call the KHSAA and complain, but he also wrote nasty little letters to the Johnson County School system. Big tough guy, now aint he?

Bottom line, he is just a sore loser. As you can see he likes to talk Big and Bad on these forums , but in reality he acts like a little tiny kid when something doesn't quite go his way. You know how most bullies do, until they get confronted. Then they go crying to mommy. We all know that sooner or later the tide will turn in Ashland's favor. Nobody ever beats any body forever. Sooner or later it will be Ashlands turn to crow.

There's the whole story footballmom. It's all about one little crybaby's temper tantrum. This is the kind of attitude that has sometimes made Ashland fans get a certain rap, whether it's deserved by the mass or not. Unfortunately it usually revolves around one little small, self thinking hotshot, mouthy individual.

I, as well as 99% of all of the other Johnson Central fans will be the first to congratulate Ashland or anybody else that comes down here and puts it all over us. Sometimes who you play is just better. Just like for the last 4 games Johnson Central has had a better team than Ashland. As I said, eventually it'll be someone else's turn. That's just the way it works.

Good luck to Ashland. I think it'll be a great game for the fans from both teams. But in the meantime, lets all watch the game and take it for what it really is. It's all for fun.

I am a Highlands fan and attended last years playoff game. They did nothing to belittle the opposing team. The atmosphere was ok, nothing extra special except for the fireworks (which some NKY teams also due). I do have to say that the music was a little obnoxious (way to loud, but then agian I'm getting old). The people at JC were very friendly and showed good sportsmanship.
I'll take Ashland, in a tough game.

Matney can coach, and if he has talent, he's going to win more than he loses.
If Jonson Central keeps the turn overs down it could be a close one.Ashland with the win
Ashland by 3 tds
football4life606 Wrote:How can some of you guys think jc is going to win? I understand being there for your team, but honestly what has jc proved this year to make anyone think they can beat Ashland? We have beaten really good team, and have caused turn overs on every team we have played. And now Ashland is facing a team that fumbles all the time. so in less Ashland goes in ther too over confident, im saying 30-20 Ashland.
If JC hangs on to the football, as the did against Breathitt County, Ashland will be very lucky to win this game on the road. Massey has Ashland as a slight favorite but it is not hard to foresee JC winning this game at home. Both teams are very well coached, both teams will have two full weeks to prepare, and I will be surprised if this is not a hard fought, close game. If the Tomcats and their fans expect the Golden Eagles to be "soft" and intimidated by Ashland's win over Ironton, then they will go home disappointed.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:If JC hangs on to the football, as the did against Breathitt County, Ashland will be very lucky to win this game on the road. Massey has Ashland as a slight favorite but it is not hard to foresee JC winning this game at home. Both teams are very well coached, both teams will have two full weeks to prepare, and I will be surprised if this is not a hard fought, close game. If the Tomcats and their fans expect the Golden Eagles to be "soft" and intimidated by Ashland's win over Ironton, then they will go home disappointed.

You can not compare Breathitt county to the tomcats. Ashland is a way better team. Ashland has beaten better teams by just as much. Im not saying its going to be a blow out, but Ashland will def win.
Captain Kangaroo Wrote:I hope Ashland remembers the score a few years ago when Dicky Martin and radio crew were talking about JC running the score up. Dicky said "there will come a time when you play again and the other team may not be so nice. We will remember this score." I hope ashland returns the favor this year.

I agree completely.
Elm street Wrote:The thing about ashland, that everybody is forgetting, the defense is wicked fast and agressive, and alber who is a power-back no doubt, is not the only thing ashland has. their offense is not one dimensional at all. everyone can key on alber all night.....waverly....ironton... but ashland will hit you from each and every angle possible on the field. with that being said....Ashland wins...but I think jc holds it close until second half.

i completely agree, i think jc will play good untill ashland gets a rythem
Please noone bring up massey rating they mean absolutely jack waverly was favored to beat ashland how did that turn out again...oh yeah a tomcat runaway
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Please noone bring up massey rating they mean absolutely jack waverly was favored to beat ashland how did that turn out again...oh yeah a tomcat runaway
Massey did not pick Waverly over Ashland - he picked the Tomcats by 26. My recollection is that Massey has done a very good job the past few seasons picking the winner of the Johnson Central-Ashland games. Hopefully, he has picked the wrong team to win this season. :biggrin:
that's right Wrote:Will be a close game but, Ashlands winning streak ends here.:igiveup:

ok how could u say that. who has jc played? there 2-4. ashland has an explosive offense, consisting of a great running game and passing game. The most points allowed by ashlands D is 20( Ironton only scored 12). ashland is going to get payback for the 07 distrct game( if the reffs dont take away our td's).
MR. Slate Wrote:This thread wa the same stuff last year. Ashland will win. No way Jc comes to Elm St. and wins on Halloween. It was 41-0 before they knew what hit them.
JC wins this game. JC played alot tougher schedule.

ashland is a completely diff team than last year so u better get ready to face the music on friday night and i promise ill be there to see the eagles fans get what is coming to them.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:If JC hangs on to the football, as the did against Breathitt County, Ashland will be very lucky to win this game on the road. Massey has Ashland as a slight favorite but it is not hard to foresee JC winning this game at home. Both teams are very well coached, both teams will have two full weeks to prepare, and I will be surprised if this is not a hard fought, close game. If the Tomcats and their fans expect the Golden Eagles to be "soft" and intimidated by Ashland's win over Ironton, then they will go home disappointed.

OK if JC had beaten ironton everyone including you would be sayin that "Theres no way ashland beats us". ashland is getting some payback this year!!!
hamburgler606 Wrote:OK if JC had beaten ironton everyone including you would be sayin that "Theres no way ashland beats us". ashland is getting some payback this year!!!
I don't have a dog in this fight, so if the Tomcats win I don't expect to lose any sleep. I just don't understand fans who trash talk before games and set themselves up for a big helping of crow. That's all.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:If JC hangs on to the football,...

A good point, Hoot.

At this point in the season, Ashland is +14 in the turnover department. I don't care who you are, that statistic has a definite impact on your W-L record.

That said, a team has to capitalize on turnovers, even after they get them, and Ashland has done that.

The question for JC is, can they stop Ashlands running game? If so, they have a solid chance to win. If not, they will be in for a long night.

Ashland has won against power running teams, but they have lost two starting linemen in the last couple of weeks. They do not have the depth to sustain many more injuries to the line - on either side of the ball.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Massey did not pick Waverly over Ashland - he picked the Tomcats by 26. My recollection is that Massey has done a very good job the past few seasons picking the winner of the Johnson Central-Ashland games. Hopefully, he has picked the wrong team to win this season. :biggrin:

are u sure cause i remember reading somewhere where waverly was predicted to win maybe it wasnt the massey ratings im thinking of mot to sure
Squid Wrote:A good point, Hoot.

At this point in the season, Ashland is +14 in the turnover department. I don't care who you are, that statistic has a definite impact on your W-L record.

That said, a team has to capitalize on turnovers, even after they get them, and Ashland has done that.

The question for JC is, can they stop Ashlands running game? If so, they have a solid chance to win. If not, they will be in for a long night.

Ashland has won against power running teams, but they have lost two starting linemen in the last couple of weeks. They do not have the depth to sustain many more injuries to the line - on either side of the ball.

everyone is battling injuries right now not just the tomcats and the linemen were lost in the ironton game and i didnt notice much of a drop off after they left that game or next week against waverly as long as guys stick to their assignments the tomcats will be fine
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:everyone is battling injuries right now not just the tomcats and the linemen were lost in the ironton game and i didnt notice much of a drop off after they left that game or next week against waverly as long as guys stick to their assignments the tomcats will be fine

Waverly was not capable of exploiting the weakened Ashland line. In fairness to RJ Johnson and CJ Suttles, they did a pretty decent job of filling in last week. The question remains - how will they do against a stronger, better coached team (Johnson Central)?

Even though all teams have injuries at this point in the season, not all teams have suffered SEASON ENDING injuries - and not to a position that they are not too deep at.

I'm no fan of Matney, but he can definitely coach, and motivate his players. Waverly was a fairly weak team. JC will not be a pushover. If Ashland is to win (and I think they will), they will have to play well - including the players that are now starting that weren't as of two or three weeks ago.
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:are u sure cause i remember reading somewhere where waverly was predicted to win maybe it wasnt the massey ratings im thinking of mot to sure
Yes I am sure. LINK
Ashland's had an impressive year, JC has not. JC has some momentum by picking up two wins in as many weeks but let's not forget the caliber of teams they have beaten. JC has beaten a weak Middlesboro team and a weak Breathitt Co. team. JC needs not get on their high horse just yet, but the real season starts Friday. Ashland fans should not talk so much trash, as someone mentioned earlier you're setting yourselves up for a meal of crow. If the Ashland posters are in fact players and not fans, you need to be on Myspace and definitely not on here chatting it up over the game. This site is the worse things for players to get on to read and talk. Leave the talking to the field. With that said, good luck to both teams and I hope for an injury free game on both sides. Should be a good one, ashame I have to work this Friday or I'd be there.
hamburgler606 Wrote:ok how could u say that. who has jc played? there 2-4. ashland has an explosive offense, consisting of a great running game and passing game. The most points allowed by ashlands D is 20( Ironton only scored 12). ashland is going to get payback for the 07 distrct game( if the reffs dont take away our td's).

Jc's record is deceiving there 4 losses are to boyle county #1 in 4a bell county #2 in 4a sheldon clark a top five team in 3a and horn lake mississippi a very athletic team that plays just outside of nashville
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next