•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 2009-2010
You can't say Booher doesn't get his team ready for March when no one will schedule them. He gets what he can get. IMO he's a very good coach who does the best he can. He got Valley in the top 5 in state making us EKY folks very happy. If we can't say anything else we can say that we have "pride" in our ball teams.
Mr.Rainman Wrote:You can't say Booher doesn't get his team ready for March when no one will schedule them. He gets what he can get. IMO he's a very good coach who does the best he can. He got Valley in the top 5 in state making us EKY folks very happy. If we can't say anything else we can say that we have "pride" in our ball teams.

You can't honestly say nobody will schedule them when the other top teams are playing in the best state tournaments and scheduling top teams consistently. It's not like everyone in the state is scared to play them, and teams schedules speak for themselves. Look at Valley's and then look at a Lexcath, Holmes, Scott Co, Mason Co, GRC, Ballard, Eastern, etc. Valley may have been top 5 in the state, but it came from playing a fairly weak schedule.

I do however admire the "pride" that you eky folks have for your basketball teams. That's how it should be in every community.
kywldcat01 Wrote:You're way off base with this comment. First off, why would a central ky team travel 2.5 hours to Eastern KY when the majority of the top 20 teams are actually in Central KY in the Lexington and L'ville area? I doubt very seriously central ky coaches who are competing in the 6th, 7th, and 11th regions fear traveling to EKY. It'd be pointless for them to make the travel when there's better competition in their own area.

Actually Hazard has played Holmes 3 of the past 4 years...all losses. Knott Co played Boone Co this past season and lost by 24. It's the other way around there chief...the EKY schools aren't trying to travel outside of the mountains but yet expect teams to bang down their door to come there, despite the fact that central and nky have better competition. Look up the teams records that you mention against nky and eky teams, and you'll find out it isn't very good. I know for a fact that both Holmes and Boone co tried getting a home and away series with EC this past season and they said thanks, but no thanks because they didn't want to return the trip. BTW, a lot of teams are playing on Saturday afternoons now, so the school night excuse holds little validity.

The KOB and LIT are nationally recognized tournaments. I've never even heard of the Kingdom of the Sun tourney in Florida. The big out of town tourneys are in Coco Beach, Fl, Myrtle Beach, and there are several in Texas that are nationally recognized. As far as the WYMT, it may be a good mountain tournament, but it attracts no where near the level of talent that central ky and nky tournaments attract.

I could care less honestly...but when you EKY folks get on here touting your teams up like they're the greatest thing since sliced bread, when they've done nothing to earn it, someone needs to step in and bring you guys back down to earth. EKY basketball is very weak. Why do you think the 16th, 15th, and 14th regions years in and year out are rated as the 4 or 5 worst regions in the state? Win a state championship then you can talk EKY basketball up.

You said I am way off! I am talking about the same thing you said. Teams in the 6th, 7th and 11th can get just as good as game or better in their own area instead of traveling 5 hours round trip to eastern Ky.

http://www.kingdomofthesun.net is a national tournament with many current and former NBA players playing in it right now. Check out this website if you don't believe it is a huge national tournament. It list all the former players in it that are starts now on different levels. You must not know much about national tournaments because you would know that in Florida the big 3 are City of Palms, Great Florida Shootout, and the Kingdom of the Sun.

Booher will play the best competition he can get to play him, just like Henley, Hicks, Salsman, etc. He as well as all other eastern Ky coaches just have it bad because of travel cost and central Ky teams not needing to travel 5 hours round trip to play a top 10-15 team when they can play one locally.

Holmes is head and shoulders above any eastern Ky team so I would not waste my time worring about SV or anyone else in eastern Ky.
kywldcat01 Wrote:You can't honestly say nobody will schedule them when the other top teams are playing in the best state tournaments and scheduling top teams consistently. It's not like everyone in the state is scared to play them, and teams schedules speak for themselves. Look at Valley's and then look at a Lexcath, Holmes, Scott Co, Mason Co, GRC, Ballard, Eastern, etc. Valley may have been top 5 in the state, but it came from playing a fairly weak schedule.

I do however admire the "pride" that you eky folks have for your basketball teams. That's how it should be in every community.

First of all, Shelby Valley got to be a top 5 team by beating good teams(and beating some by alot). Scheduling is a two way street. A coach doesn't just sit
down and write out his "wish list" of who he wants to play and it happens. You
know the other teams schedule too. Alot of things have to come together for
two teams to be able to schedule and some of these dates are planned seasons
in advance.I'm sure if Coach Booher could schedule the "big name" teams,as well
as, the district and regional games he has to play and be able to have a home game or two in the season, he would.We will play what they give us and if we are
ready come March, great.If not, we'll still be proud of what they do accomplish.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO VALLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JIMLEE58 Wrote:First of all, Shelby Valley got to be a top 5 team by beating good teams(and beating some by alot). Scheduling is a two way street. A coach doesn't just sit
down and write out his "wish list" of who he wants to play and it happens. You
know the other teams schedule too. Alot of things have to come together for
two teams to be able to schedule and some of these dates are planned seasons
in advance.I'm sure if Coach Booher could schedule the "big name" teams,as well
as, the district and regional games he has to play and be able to have a home game or two in the season, he would.We will play what they give us and if we are
ready come March, great.If not, we'll still be proud of what they do accomplish.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO VALLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly my point from the beginning....so SV fans really need to quit using the excuse of "nobody wants to play us" because it's just as much your own coaches fault for not scheduling them as it is the other coaches. I doubt very seriously teams are trying to avoid one another though. We're talkin about high school basketball here.
HollaBack Wrote:You said I am way off! I am talking about the same thing you said. Teams in the 6th, 7th and 11th can get just as good as game or better in their own area instead of traveling 5 hours round trip to eastern Ky.

Booher will play the best competition he can get to play him, just like Henley, Hicks, Salsman, etc. He as well as all other eastern Ky coaches just have it bad because of travel cost and central Ky teams not needing to travel 5 hours round trip to play a top 10-15 team when they can play one locally.

Holmes is head and shoulders above any eastern Ky team so I would not waste my time worring about SV or anyone else in eastern Ky.

I must have misunderstood your post then. Originally it seemed as if you were saying Central KY teams were "scared" to make the trip to EKY to play teams like Valley and Hazard.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Exactly my point from the beginning....so SV fans really need to quit using the excuse of "nobody wants to play us" because it's just as much your own coaches fault for not scheduling them as it is the other coaches. I doubt very seriously teams are trying to avoid one another though. We're talkin about high school basketball here.

HUH?????
That's not what I was saying, at all. It's nobody's fault and no one is trying to avoid anyone. I'm just saying that there is more to scheduling than just wanting to play someone and it actually happening.Both teams have to have an open day,an open gym,and then there's the travel aspect.
By the way, are you such a Valley hater because someone already had the sign in"svwldcat01"????Seriously, if you don't like us...avoid the threads that deal with our team.
JIMLEE58 Wrote:HUH?????
That's not what I was saying, at all. It's nobody's fault and no one is trying to avoid anyone. I'm just saying that there is more to scheduling than just wanting to play someone and it actually happening.Both teams have to have an open day,an open gym,and then there's the travel aspect.
By the way, are you such a Valley hater because someone already had the sign in"svwldcat01"????Seriously, if you don't like us...avoid the threads that deal with our team.

:lmao:

Are you serious? Why would I have anything against Valley when they have nothing to do with the team that I support? (Holmes)

Valley isn't in the same region as the team I support. They don't play the team I support. And IMO they aren't much of a threat to the team I support, so why would I have anything against them??? I'm just a realist and I hate when people get on here and talk teams up to be more than they really are, such as some Valley fans. If you'd look at some of my recent posts, you'd notice I really like the game of Elijah Justice and consider him one of the best guards in the state, so I must not have too much against them. :dontthink
His name is Elisha.
kywldcat01 Wrote::lmao:

Are you serious? Why would I have anything against Valley when they have nothing to do with the team that I support? (Holmes)

Valley isn't in the same region as the team I support. They don't play the team I support. And IMO they aren't much of a threat to the team I support, so why would I have anything against them??? I'm just a realist and I hate when people get on here and talk teams up to be more than they really are, such as some Valley fans. If you'd look at some of my recent posts, you'd notice I really like the game of Elijah Justice and consider him one of the best guards in the state, so I must not have too much against them. :dontthink

Well I don't support either one but if Justice is one of the best guards in the state I think KY high school basketball has hit an all time low. He decent but he's not a D1 type player. I know let me have SV fans you all will soon see that he will play NAIA or D2. KY high school basketball sucks as bad as I've ever seen it.
TheCandyManIsBack Wrote:His name is Elisha.

Are you Elisha's father or one of his relatives? Seriously you get way too defensive when his name is mentioned.

I accidentally mispelled his name...big deal?
zulu Wrote:Well I don't support either one but if Justice is one of the best guards in the state I think KY high school basketball has hit an all time low. He decent but he's not a D1 type player. I know let me have SV fans you all will soon see that he will play NAIA or D2. KY high school basketball sucks as bad as I've ever seen it.

While I agree that Elisha isn't high D1 material, he is still one of the better guards in the state. I don't see him as being top 10, but definetly top 20. He's a top 10 guard in his class though.

If I had to rank the best guards in KY:

1. Ricardo Johnson
2. Ge'Lawn Guyn
3. Chad Jackson
4. Josh Sewell
5. Jeremiah Johnson
6. Josh Forrest
7. Jordan Shanklin
8. Robbie Stenzel
9. Remy Abell
10. Jaylen Beckham

After those 10, you could probably make a case for atleast 20 kids in the 11-20 slots:

Shaquille Wilson
D'Carlo Hayes
Tony Glenn
Tamron Manning
Elisha Justice
Arman Marks
Kevin Pillischafske
Thomas Jackson

...to name a few.

KY High school basketball is actually at it's best right now. The c/o 2010 and 2011 are both leaded with D1 talent.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Are you Elisha's father or one of his relatives? Seriously you get way too defensive when his name is mentioned.

I accidentally mispelled his name...big deal?

When the boy made first team all state, don't get on here saying he isn't a top 10 guard in the state if you can't even spell his name. I thought you had all these recruiting buddies, you should know how to spell one of the top players in the state's name.
zulu Wrote:Well I don't support either one but if Justice is one of the best guards in the state I think KY high school basketball has hit an all time low. He decent but he's not a D1 type player. I know let me have SV fans you all will soon see that he will play NAIA or D2. KY high school basketball sucks as bad as I've ever seen it.

You're funny man. Elisha can atleast go to Morehead. Who made it to the NCAA Tournament this year. Remember?
TheCandyManIsBack Wrote:When the boy made first team all state, don't get on here saying he isn't a top 10 guard in the state if you can't even spell his name. I thought you had all these recruiting buddies, you should know how to spell one of the top players in the state's name.

Do you honestly think he would have been first team all state playing in the 7th, 11th, or 9th region? The kid is good, don't get me wrong, but when it comes to individual talent, there are a lot of kids better than him.
Elisha is the real deal. I would say that some of the Holmes players who played against him this morning would agree. He may not be the best in the state, but he definitely belongs in the conversation. Team wise, SV may not be with Holmes, but individually Elisha definitely is.

I respect your opinion on here, but just because Elisha doesn't play in one of the best regions doesn't mean he can't be one of the best players. He has proven time and again that he can play with anyone he goes against.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Elisha is the real deal. I would say that some of the Holmes players who played against him this morning would agree. He may not be the best in the state, but he definitely belongs in the conversation. Team wise, SV may not be with Holmes, but individually Elisha definitely is.

I respect your opinion on here, but just because Elisha doesn't play in one of the best regions doesn't mean he can't be one of the best players. [B]He has proven time and again that he can play with anyone he goes against[/B].

:yes:
Boys, that's why there's a Mr. Basketball, because the best player in the state doesn't have to be from Lexington or Louisville. I would bet kywildcat thinks John Hood isn't as good as Holmes players either.
Where is kywldcat01?

Elisha's team beating his Holmes team earlier today is why you don't get on websites and put people down. It only comes back to make you look bad. As others always say on here, it makes you eat crow.
What is Elisha's stats for that game? I heard from him that they was down 20 at one point. Elisha is definitley as good as Holmes players.
[quote=Mr.Rainman]What is Elisha's stats for that game? I heard from him that they was down 20 at one point. Elisha is definitley as good as Holmes players.[/quote]

How dare you say that! :thatsfunn According to one poster no-one is as good as Holmes players! :lmao:
Mr.Rainman Wrote:What is Elisha's stats for that game? I heard from him that they was down 20 at one point. Elisha is definitley as good as Holmes players.

Were the players on the teams SV and Holmes regular players? Anybody have the rosters for both teams?
TheRealVille Wrote:Were the players on the teams SV and Holmes regular players? Anybody have the rosters for both teams?

The only SV players for DSAS are Elisha Justice and Ashley Hatfield.

I think Elijah Pittman, Ricardo Johnson, and Jeremiah Johnson play on the KY Players. Not sure if any other Holmes players do.

I heard it was a great game, going into overtime. Would liked to have been there to see that battle.
HollaBack Wrote:Where is kywldcat01?

Elisha's team beating his Holmes team earlier today is why you don't get on websites and put people down. It only comes back to make you look bad. As others always say on here, it makes you eat crow.

Theres nothing wrong with eating a little crow once in a while:biggrin:

Now was this game the between nexts years teams or was it is mixed AAU team?
kybaseball Wrote:Theres nothing wrong with eating a little crow once in a while:biggrin:

Now was this game the between nexts years teams or was it is mixed AAU team?

Mixed AAU team. I think several posters are just giving Kywildcat01 a hard time.
DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Mixed AAU team. I think several posters are just giving Kywildcat01 a hard time.

Thanks for the info.
Honestly, if the big three from Holmes were on a team, and they went up against little Elisha Justice and Ashley Hatfield, AND LOST, kywildcat01 should not post on here for a while after how much he has hyped those boys from Holmes.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Honestly, if the big three from Holmes were on a team, and they went up against little Elisha Justice and Ashley Hatfield, AND LOST, kywildcat01 should not post on here for a while after how much he has hyped those boys from Holmes.

Hmmmmmmmmm if I recall a certian SV chest thumper who HYPED them up more than wildcat has Holmes and even declaired they didn't really even keep up with the team after the loss to Elliott.And they kept posting.:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
kybaseball Wrote:Hmmmmmmmmm if I recall a certian SV chest thumper who HYPED them up more than wildcat has Holmes and even declaired they didn't really even keep up with the team after the loss to Elliott.And they kept posting.:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I like to keep up with Elisha, couldn't really care about what the team does, just really urkes me when wildcat proclaims how little talent Elisha has compared to Holmes players.

And you bring up the Elliott game? Elisha has a ring, what do the Elliott boys have?
PC_You_Know Wrote:I like to keep up with Elisha, couldn't really care about what the team does, just really urkes me when wildcat proclaims how little talent Elisha has compared to Holmes players.

And you bring up the Elliott game? Elisha has a ring, what do the Elliott boys have?

Not a sweet 16 ring now is it:lmao: A 2-1 record vs SV and eliminated him from the sweet 16 not once but twice.:lmao:

Didn't want to bring that back up backed in a corner and had to.sorry
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next