Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Shelby Valley Wildcats
68.42%
Mason Co. Royals
31.58%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mason County vs. Shelby Valley (1st Round Sweet 16)
I see SV winning this game by20
zulu Wrote:Absolutely Basbetblaberoni you got it.
Ok, I got it, so you giving me Valley and 25 points, and if I win, you dont make any posts for a week. And If i lose, I dont, that is the bet I have been trying to make for the last three games. You predicted the point spread.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Ok, I got it, so you giving me Valley and 25 points, and if I win, you dont make any posts for a week. And If i lose, I dont, that is the bet I have been trying to make for the last three games. You predicted the point spread.

I'll make it even better. I'll give you Valley and 10 points and if I lose, I'll never post on this site again. No more Zulu. How about that?
zulu Wrote:I really feel like this game will get out of hand in a hurry. I think Mason will blow SV out of Rupp Arena. I really feel like Mason will win by 25.

zulu Wrote:I'll make it even better. I'll give you Valley and 10 points and if I lose, I'll never post on this site again. No more Zulu. How about that?
Your post says 25... One week.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
I take SV by 7. Guard play will be the difference. Mason has been there before and understands what it takes. SV has been to Rupp but not with this type of talent. Justice too much in the end for the Royals. Mason better not press or it may be 17 instead of 7.
i think valley....they have the potential to win it all.....they just have to stay focused and keep their head in the game...
GO VALLEY!!!
Valley in a blowout!
What time does this game start?
Afternoon_Delight Wrote:Valley in a blowout!

a blowout?
did everyone hear on the radio during the Corbin Eastern game that as of 8:30 pm there bad been 20,000 tickets sold for tomorrow nights session.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:did everyone hear on the radio during the Corbin Eastern game that as of 8:30 pm there bad been 20,000 tickets sold for tomorrow nights session.

haha, me being 2 of em lol.
NYY10 Wrote:haha, me being 2 of em lol.

I would say by the time people drive up and buy tickets before the session and how many people from the first sessions buy tickets for the second session. Tomorrows night cap could potentialy see a sold out crowd. Its crazy that there is so much buzz on these first round game it will truly be an amazing atmosphere. Wish I could go!!!!

I hope the Valley kids cheerish this moment which I am sure they will, what a great group of kids.
Can you just buy tickets when you get to Rupp?
anybody think Gillespie could be here, I know Tubby use to come to some of these games I do belive?
MisterPerfect Wrote:Can you just buy tickets when you get to Rupp?

yeah the box office should be open...also scalpers will be there
I can't wait to be there tomorrow!
valley leading by 12 late then mason comes back by bad free throw shhoting by valley........ but valley still by5
best game of the tourny ... 2 overtimes and S.V. by 3 at the buzzer!!!
Just a few more hours and this debate will be settled!!
I think this will be a really great matchup for both teams. But at the end of the game Valley will pull away with it. There defense is just too much for Mason County to handle. And I know that Mason County are the defending state champs but Valley is a much more improved team than what they were last year. They play much better team ball. And they are undefeated this year with Elisha in the lineup. So I am going to say that Valley will advance to the elite-8 with a 10 point victory over Mason.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:No Valley did not play as tough of a schedule as Mason County, but Valley does have wins over #1 Elliott County (who defeated Mason Co. by 10+), class 5A #7 Walton (GA), a 36-point victory over Henry Clay (who has defeated ranked teams such as Bryan Station twice, Tates Creek, and Dunbar), and formerly ranked Bardstown.

Also, Valley lost to Knott Central because Elisha Justice didn't play.
Everyone respects your opinion, but you are obviously trying to stir up trouble now.

Actually Valley lost to Knott because knott scored more points. A win is a win regardless. As far as Mason-Valley Game, It will come down to inside play. Rebounds and shot from inside 15ft. Justice will get his 20 (more if the 3 is falling). I don't think Valley will press so much as they have. (Against Lawrence Co in regional the press didn't force a single turnover, LCC's turnovevers were either unforced on came after they beat the press) If Valley keeps their cool, stays out of foul trouble and hits their shots, they'll win. But I think it'll take all of those to beat Mason.
K_Hall Wrote:Actually Valley lost to Knott because knott scored more points. A win is a win regardless. As far as Mason-Valley Game, It will come down to inside play. Rebounds and shot from inside 15ft. Justice will get his 20 (more if the 3 is falling). I don't think Valley will press so much as they have. (Against Lawrence Co in regional the press didn't force a single turnover, LCC's turnovevers were either unforced on came after they beat the press) If Valley keeps their cool, stays out of foul trouble and hits their shots, they'll win. But I think it'll take all of those to beat Mason.

And one of the reasons they did is because Elisha didn't play.

Just to throw this out there, I've been paying attention for over the past year, can anyone remember when Elisha scored 20 and Valley lost?
PC_You_Know Wrote:And one of the reasons they did is because Elisha didn't play.

Just to throw this out there, I've been paying attention for over the past year, can anyone remember when Elisha scored 20 and Valley lost?

Oh, I doubt that has ever happened. I predict the great one will score about 8 or 10 in this one.
Sucks I cant be there for this one...Valley by 5
js there a web link to the game
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)