•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 2014
Paintsville will be alright. They're heading in the right direction. I was at the game last year when Pikeville traveled to Paintsville. I haven't seen a Paintsville team play with the heart and emotion that team played with in a long time, as long as they keep that distilled there they will keep getting better and better. I hope that they can renew the rivarly with Pikeville and make like it was in the late 90's to early 2000's!
Raceland will have a new coaching staff & Fairview with their troubles looking for Tigers
to possibly win 1st district title in several years...
Can see Belcher leading Tigers deep into playoffs
^^^this will be an extremely competitive district next year. Wouldnt suprise me to see each team with a loss in the district among those three. Poor Nicholas County has a ways to go to even be competitive.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:^^^this will be an extremely competitive district next year. Wouldnt suprise me to see each team with a loss in the district among those three. Poor Nicholas County has a ways to go to even be competitive.

We know what that feels like Scotty. Best to all in a very tough district this year TongueirateSho
As an outsider looking in. Im not buying wat paintsville is selling. Do they have confidence yes. Are they battle tested like Raceland, Fairview, & Pikeville have coming back, i dont think they do.
As an outsider also I'm buying in to paintsville.....Picking paintsville for my sleeper team in the east to beat Raceland and pikeville.....now I want pick paintsville to beat Williamsburg need to make that clear...Hail pikeville. Confusednicker:
Mastadon89 Wrote:As an outsider looking in. Im not buying wat paintsville is selling. Do they have confidence yes. Are they battle tested like Raceland, Fairview, & Pikeville have coming back, i dont think they do.

I'm going to disagree Mastadon. We will see but that's why they play the games. They have confidence and they are getting stronger in the weight room. Should be a interesting season but I wouldn't sell them short by any means.
I saw Paintsville's feeder teams this last season. The future for the tigers is bright. With the addition of Belcher, they will be hard to deal with in class A
TigerBlues Wrote:I'm going to disagree Mastadon. We will see but that's why they play the games. They have confidence and they are getting stronger in the weight room. Should be a interesting season but I wouldn't sell them short by any means.

I agree partially with Mastadon and partially with TB. I think Paintsville is a year away and will need home field advantage to make a deep playoff run.
I wouldn't put too much stock in last year's game in thinking Paintsville is as good as Pikeville either. Pikeville was coming off emotional come from behind wins over P'burg and Hazard last year, and everyone thought Paintsville was going to suck. Then the whole town shows up like it's the state championship (that's a good thing), and their coaching staff has a great game plan and almost pulls off a huge shocker. That won't happen at Pikeville in 2014. Pikeville will have 50 kids on the roster unless something weird happens and when Pikeville does that it almost impossible for any Class A team not named Mayfield to come into Pikeville and win. Also most people don't realize Pikeville had a great freshman class last year (19 freshmen!), plus the middle school team turned the tables on Paintsville MS in a big way in the playoffs last year.

Before you go off on me TB Paintsville has one win in Pikeville in 30+ years. Paintsville has 3 VERY good players and a few more good players.
Daniel, Phelps and giving Belcher the benefit of the doubt of being very good and a few more good players with maybe 30 total on the roster doesn't equal A. Charles, Pugh coming back, Maynard, Estep, C. Charles, B. Charles who looked great last year, and possibly 45 more players, many who are very good. Yes Pikeville lost some good players and a great player in Hall, but when you only lose 6 seniors and have a roster of around 50 coming out in August, you are very excited for a Class A school with home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

As for Paintsville, I see them being pretty darn good and a dangerous team. With Daniel, Phelps and Belcher all being able to run the ball, and mixing in enough passing to keep defenses from stacking the box, they will be tough. I just think the numbers and home field will make the Panthers very hard to beat in 2014. Paintsville will come in trying to move the chains, control the clock and shorten the game, just like last year. If they are successful it's a game, if Pikeville jumps out to a lead and it's a track meet it could be more like the last several times Paintsville has made the journey to Pikeville - ugly.

*Qualifier* - this is just my opinion. I have been known to be wrong for years at a time. :biggrin:
jetpilot Wrote:I agree partially with Mastadon and partially with TB. I think Paintsville is a year away and will need home field advantage to make a deep playoff run.
I wouldn't put too much stock in last year's game in thinking Paintsville is as good as Pikeville either. Pikeville was coming off emotional come from behind wins over P'burg and Hazard last year, and everyone thought Paintsville was going to suck. Then the whole town shows up like it's the state championship (that's a good thing), and their coaching staff has a great game plan and almost pulls off a huge shocker. That won't happen at Pikeville in 2014. Pikeville will have 50 kids on the roster unless something weird happens and when Pikeville does that it almost impossible for any Class A team not named Mayfield to come into Pikeville and win. Also most people don't realize Pikeville had a great freshman class last year (19 freshmen!), plus the middle school team turned the tables on Paintsville MS in a big way in the playoffs last year.

Before you go off on me TB Paintsville has one win in Pikeville in 30+ years. Paintsville has 3 VERY good players and a few more good players.
Daniel, Phelps and giving Belcher the benefit of the doubt of being very good and a few more good players with maybe 30 total on the roster doesn't equal A. Charles, Pugh coming back, Maynard, Estep, C. Charles, B. Charles who looked great last year, and possibly 45 more players, many who are very good. Yes Pikeville lost some good players and a great player in Hall, but when you only lose 6 seniors and have a roster of around 50 coming out in August, you are very excited for a Class A school with home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

As for Paintsville, I see them being pretty darn good and a dangerous team. With Daniel, Phelps and Belcher all being able to run the ball, and mixing in enough passing to keep defenses from stacking the box, they will be tough. I just think the numbers and home field will make the Panthers very hard to beat in 2014. Paintsville will come in trying to move the chains, control the clock and shorten the game, just like last year. If they are successful it's a game, if Pikeville jumps out to a lead and it's a track meet it could be more like the last several times Paintsville has made the journey to Pikeville - ugly.

*Qualifier* - this is just my opinion. I have been known to be wrong for years at a time. :biggrin:
Whatever happens, it will be a huge crowd and game. Like you said, people knew Paintsville was improved, but I don't think anyone expected that kind of game. And like you said, the Prestonsburg and Hazard games were draining. The good thing about this year is that last year leaves the Panthers no excuse. They saw first hand what Paintsville is capable of and they will have to come out ready to play or get beat. Pikeville will be coming off two very big games again, and would be very happy to be 2-0, not sure what Paintsville's schedule looks like, but we should see a Top-10 Class A match up in back-to-back weeks at Hambley with big, playoff-like atmospheres. Can't wait.
jetpilot Wrote:I agree partially with Mastadon and partially with TB. I think Paintsville is a year away and will need home field advantage to make a deep playoff run.

Hard to argue the facts JP. Pikeville is much deeper personnel wise, Mac does a great job keeping players fresh and wearing down opponents which Paintsville does not have the luxury of doing. Still all in all I'm like PT, I am looking forward to watching these two teams compete against each other.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Whatever happens, it will be a huge crowd and game. Like you said, people knew Paintsville was improved, but I don't think anyone expected that kind of game. And like you said, the Prestonsburg and Hazard games were draining. The good thing about this year is that last year leaves the Panthers no excuse. They saw first hand what Paintsville is capable of and they will have to come out ready to play or get beat. Pikeville will be coming off two very big games again, and would be very happy to be 2-0, not sure what Paintsville's schedule looks like, but we should see a Top-10 Class A match up in back-to-back weeks at Hambley with big, playoff-like atmospheres. Can't wait.

Agreed. Just hope Paintsville brings that huge crowd they had at Paintsville last year to Pikeville for this game. When was the last time Paintsville brought a big crowd to an away game? Even to Pikeville? 2014 should be the year their fans start traveling with their team again.
TigerBlues Wrote:Hard to argue the facts JP. Pikeville is much deeper personnel wise, Mac does a great job keeping players fresh and wearing down opponents which Paintsville does not have the luxury of doing. Still all in all I'm like PT, I am looking forward to watching these two teams compete against each other.

Definitely me too TB. As good as Raceland and Fairview have been lately, playing them in no way stacks up against a great old-school rivalry like Paintsville and Pikeville have had forever and ever. Hoping for a Paintsville/Pikeville regional championship game every year as long as the format stays like it is.
Spring practice is underway, Tigers looking really good and athletic in key areas. The weight program is paying dividends the boys look better and stronger for sure. Camp and 7 on 7 will be here soon, go Tigers !
TigerBlues Wrote:I have completely screwed this up and apologize. It was meant to be on the general discussion thread. I really blew this one, I'm really sorry but since I'm here Go Tigers !

Don't feel bad TigerBlues :lmao: from London ky now go tigers until y'all play Williamsburg Confusedmoke:
64SUR Wrote:Don't feel bad TigerBlues :lmao: from London ky now go tigers until y'all play Williamsburg Confusedmoke:

64sur I hope we make it that far. Williamsburg will be there again, great program you guys have.
TigerBlues Wrote:64sur I hope we make it that far. Williamsburg will be there again, great program you guys have.

Williamsburg will have a good football team this year. And then it back to the drawing board will lose over half of the team to graduate....I think. :Sad04:
Has anyone got the 2014 Tigers schedule yet? I know there will be for the most part the same as last but I heard there were some changes like a Lex Christian in the mix.
TigerBlues Wrote:Has anyone got the 2014 Tigers schedule yet? I know there will be for the most part the same as last but I heard there were some changes like a Lex Christian in the mix.

Lex Christian will be a much better team this year TigerBlues will be a tough game. :popcorn:
64SUR Wrote:Lex Christian will be a much better team this year TigerBlues will be a tough game. :popcorn:

That's a good thing 64Sur, adding better teams to the schedule no matter the outcome will prepare the Tigers come playoff time. Unless we get blown out the team can learn from it. Hope they are on the schedule.
TigerBlues Wrote:That's a good thing 64Sur, adding better teams to the schedule no matter the outcome will prepare the Tigers come playoff time. Unless we get blown out the team can learn from it. Hope they are on the schedule.

Only reason I no this my first cousins has been an assistant for several yrs at Lex Christian. I no more I just cant say right now. :poker face:
All right Tigers, I've picked you guys in the top ten of the state in class A. I hope you guys dig deep this year and prove to people you can play with the top programs and dedicate this year to coach Walter Brugh.
TigerBlues Wrote:All right Tigers, I've picked you guys in the top ten of the state in class A. I hope you guys dig deep this year and prove to people you can play with the top programs and dedicate this year to coach Walter Brugh.

I've have the Tigers as a legitimate top 10 team also. Nice to see pride restored into this program
Gargamel Wrote:I've have the Tigers as a legitimate top 10 team also. Nice to see pride restored into this program

This is something I've been waiting for years to happen. Have that pride back in the minds of the players, staff, and community. I just have this feeling with Belcher coming back home it will be a gigantic difference maker for the entire team. Now we have different playmakers and opposing teams cannot key on just one or two, I really feel this is going to be a big year for them and a very dangerous team.
Tigers expected to get another transfer? What's the low down on this if anyone knows ?
TigerBlues Wrote:Tigers expected to get another transfer? What's the low down on this if anyone knows ?

Enrolled today :Thumbs:
Confusedinglepar
This is me Wrote:Enrolled today :Thumbs:

Who is the transfer this is me ?
TigerBlues Wrote:Confusedinglepar

One thing you can bet on I bet Pikeville wont be happy.Makes no sense how one sibling can stay in a system and another can transfer and get eligible.But for sure Paintsville has got that part of the transfer system figured out.
LOL on transferring in the middle of April. In the 57th I believe it's legal to play football at one school, transfer to another to play basketball, then transfer to a third school for baseball season.:trolldad:
TigerBlues Wrote:Tigers expected to get another transfer? What's the low down on this if anyone knows ?

This is me Wrote:Enrolled today :Thumbs:

TigerBlues Wrote:Confusedinglepar

Can somebody please spill the beans.......
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next