•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corbin 2013
All bickering aside, I like to see Corbin and Wburg do well.
It helps the community enjoy football more.

Personally, i dont get into the city county city debates much. To me, its pointless. A 1A, 3A, and 5A team that have no effect on each other.
To me, its amazing that Wburg finds enough players to even field a decent team with there school being as small as it is, and Corbin is a top ten program in the state as far as history and former athletes goes.
To be honest, Im glad to see football in this region get better. Bell, Mboro, Harlan County, Corbin, Whitley, Wburg, and Knox all have solid programs, it makes it easy to find good football to watch.
I agree with almost everything you said. I don't mean any disrespect to the burg or Whitley. I enjoy watching them play on Friday nights (Whitley more so because of their style of play). I just get defensive when it comes to my school (as anyone should) and I don't have a problem with anyone defending there school as long as its thought out comments. The only thing I disagree with you on is I wouldn't care if Bell or South Laurel ever won another game. Although south has never been relevant anyway...
Helton, Shelton, Sizemore, Griffith,J Patrick, Lamary, Wilson, Huskie, Lowery, Rose,B Patrick, Dunn, Caddell, Kessinger, Culver, Patterson, and Sanders would all start at Corbin. Little Griiffith would be the best player on their team if he decided to play football.
Wow, those old Corbin boys have improved!
I can see Corbin being better this year. I think that changes on the coaching staff will add some fire and make them better.

I think it is interesting how there has been a running debate on teams personal and whether they could start on one team or another. It really makes no difference.

To be honest I think that no matter who wins Corbin's district, the road to Bowling Green goes through Central. Mt. Teams can over power speed teams one in a while and score some points, but they really have a hard time containing that speed and keeping it out of the endzone.

Although Corbin may better this year, I think that Bell and Wayne will still be ahead of them, they may slip into the second spot but asking for two upsets would be a lot.
^
Personally, I think a trip to Bowling Green is gonna go through Wayne County this year.
Old Redhound Wrote:Wow, those old Corbin boys have improved!

Wow,those old Williamsburg boys have improved more than those Corbin boys old redound Confusednicker:Confusednicker:Confusednicker:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
Personally, I think a trip to Bowling Green is gonna go through Wayne County this year.

I think it is clear and pretty much the consensus opinion that is won't be going down Barbourville Street.
:howdy: I'm just trying to find out some information about the number 2 junior dual qb in the nations.he live in shepherdville,Texas.did he every play in Corbin just curious .:Thumbs:
64SUR Wrote::howdy: I'm just trying to find out some information about the number 2 junior dual qb in the nations.he live in shepherdville,Texas.did he every play in Corbin just curious .:Thumbs:

Oh I forgot to mentions is name jarrett stidham :Cheerlead
His grandfather Owned Juder Stidham Pontiac on the Falls Hwy. The young man moved from Corbin at an early age. Never played in Corbin.
64SUR Wrote:Oh I forgot to mentions is name jarrett stidham :Cheerlead

I heard that he would be in town this week before heading to a camp at UK.
How many kids does Corbin have out this year?
Who is taking the snaps at QB?
I've not been able to keep up with Corbin as much the past two years as I have in the past but from the best of my knowledge, the plan is for Taylor to be the primary QB with Waddle used more as an athlete/rb/wr/wildcat. I have nothing to base this on other than small talk. Anyone with more knowledge of it, feel free to chime in. I'd love to know more myself.
HAROLD Wrote:I've not been able to keep up with Corbin as much the past two years as I have in the past but from the best of my knowledge, the plan is for Taylor to be the primary QB with Waddle used more as an athlete/rb/wr/wildcat. I have nothing to base this on other than small talk. Anyone with more knowledge of it, feel free to chime in. I'd love to know more myself.

One of the parents told me that there was another kid besides Taylor and Waddle playing some quarterback at practice that looked good, can't remember the name though.
HAROLD Wrote:I've not been able to keep up with Corbin as much the past two years as I have in the past but from the best of my knowledge, the plan is for Taylor to be the primary QB with Waddle used more as an athlete/rb/wr/wildcat. I have nothing to base this on other than small talk. Anyone with more knowledge of it, feel free to chime in. I'd love to know more myself.

I wouldn't say I have more knowledge of the situation, but everything you said sounds correct.
How about Jaxon Stewart who was the really good qb on the 8th grade team. What position does he project to play and will he see varsity time this season?
The Outsider Wrote:How about Jaxon Stewart who was the really good qb on the 8th grade team. What position does he project to play and will he see varsity time this season?

Jaxon will probably be 3rd on the depth chart behind Taylor and Waddle. He should be primed to step into that spot his Junior year though. IMO he will probably work his way into some varsity action on the defensive side of the ball this year.
redstorm Wrote:Until Corbin schedule gets a little stiffer, they will not compete deep in playoffs. Watched Corbin play a few times last year and they play very soft!!
Need Cotton on staff!

Coach Adams would agree with you on this. He was watching his grandson play last year and stated that they had too many choirboys and hardly any kids who had a mean streak.
I agree with the mean streak issue. There just seem to be a lack of kids with a mean streak out there. I'm not saying get every delinquent in the county to play as you must have discipline within a program. I think a lot of kids who may be viewed as having a mean streak are ran off. I'm not saying Coach Jewell boots them but maybe some of the kids aren't as receptive of Coach Jewell's ways. Maybe there can be a middle ground.

I can remember back in the day, Corbin used to have some rough customers out there on the field. They were nice young men but they definitely weren't kids that other kids wanted to get on the bad side of. It's not just Corbin though. I think today's youth is becoming more and more pampered and not taught as much work ethic and toughness as us older guys may have been taught.
HAROLD Wrote:I agree with the mean streak issue. There just seem to be a lack of kids with a mean streak out there. I'm not saying get every delinquent in the county to play as you must have discipline within a program. I think a lot of kids who may be viewed as having a mean streak are ran off. I'm not saying Coach Jewell boots them but maybe some of the kids aren't as receptive of Coach Jewell's ways. Maybe there can be a middle ground.

I can remember back in the day, Corbin used to have some rough customers out there on the field. They were nice young men but they definitely weren't kids that other kids wanted to get on the bad side of. It's not just Corbin though. I think today's youth is becoming more and more pampered and not taught as much work ethic and toughness as us older guys may have been taught.

I can think of a couple of kids who would be difference makers on the team that have fallen through the cracks and are not playing. Not all kids come from the same environment and sometimes you may have to bend your rules a little because they are not the same. The structure and discipline may make all the difference in the world in that kid's future.
The Outsider Wrote:I can think of a couple of kids who would be difference makers on the team that have fallen through the cracks and are not playing. Not all kids come from the same environment and sometimes you may have to bend your rules a little because they are not the same. The structure and discipline may make all the difference in the world in that kid's future.

I absolutely agree with this. High School football and sports in general are where you want to mold kids into men. Kids are the key word here. No kid is going to be mature and easy to handle but if you're willing to take on the task, you never can know what you can do for them. A coach can take a kid without a pot to piss in, give him football and have if things go well, send the kid to college for free, and completely change the culture of his family.
Back in the day, they also didn't have 40+ boys playing in the high school soccer program either.
Coach Jewell is a good man and coach who may be to inflexible for the times. Football is not the only game in town anymore. Soccer, video games, the internet and 249 channels on Dish have given boys other things to do.
Fly Like a Duck Wrote:Back in the day, they also didn't have 40+ boys playing in the high school soccer program either.

I was told by one of the coaches the other day they have over 60 out.
Also last year I saw their jv and 2 freshman games with Whitley and they dressed over 40 for JV and best I remember 27 one fresh game and 29 the 2nd one.
HAROLD Wrote:I absolutely agree with this. High School football and sports in general are where you want to mold kids into men. Kids are the key word here. No kid is going to be mature and easy to handle but if you're willing to take on the task, you never can know what you can do for them. A coach can take a kid without a pot to piss in, give him football and have if things go well, send the kid to college for free, and completely change the culture of his family.

Do some never start playing due to the costs involved in youth football or when exactly do they lose these kids?
footballfever Wrote:I was told by one of the coaches the other day they have over 60 out.
Also last year I saw their jv and 2 freshman games with Whitley and they dressed over 40 for JV and best I remember 27 one fresh game and 29 the 2nd one.

I know that Corbin will dress everyone but their sr. For a Jv game against any of their locale rivals. Seen it done for 2 of the last 3 years..
panther nation Wrote:I know that Corbin will dress everyone but their sr. For a Jv game against any of their locale rivals. Seen it done for 2 of the last 3 years..

They had 4 or 5 juniors who played some jv last year because they were not getting to play any in the varsity games. They also had 5 sophomores who started varsity, but did not get to play in any jv games.
footballfever Wrote:I was told by one of the coaches the other day they have over 60 out.

I was there but didnt count.
It seemed as though they had just as many, if not more than Whitley.
Did you get a head count on us during any jv gameslast year?
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next