•  Previous
  • 7(current)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knox central 2013
Not sure who we play I've heard that its Harlan county and I think it's around the 15 or 16 whatever the Friday before the 23 is...
quick question.....Once school starts are you only allowed to practice one time a day? No more two a days, including weekends?
PRIDE101 Wrote:quick question.....Once school starts are you only allowed to practice one time a day? No more two a days, including weekends?

Once school starts you want have time for two a days, but I believe you could practice on weekends if you wanted to but that would really burn the kids out. I know that some teams have game film study on Sundays but not all teams do.
Has anyone heard anything about the Gridorama being moved to the 16th?
panther nation Wrote:Once school starts you want have time for two a days, but I believe you could practice on weekends if you wanted to but that would really burn the kids out. I know that some teams have game film study on Sundays but not all teams do.

I am just talking about 2 a days. I know you can practice on weekends but, not 2 a days. I was told that 2 a days were over , (against the rules). Just wondering how teams going to camp get around the rule. I was told it had to do with the rule to put pads on and starting of school. Just a question.
I just read that you can do 2 a days on the weekend. sorry.
Lots of misconceptions out there. You are limited how many practices you can do in full gear a day but not practices in general.
KY Wildman Wrote:Has anyone heard anything about the Gridorama being moved to the 16th?

A far as I know it is still on the 15th but as you know things could change.
It is a shame both teams have to scrimmage each other and play to.
^
I'm sure neither team is really going to show to much if they show anything at all, wouldn't be surprised if the starters play one series and that will be it.

Why would you want to show a team your going to play in a few weeks anything of what you might do. I know I wouldn't.
It will be nice for our kids to get to visit that nice turf field and get a feel for it prior to the regular season game. I recall when I played in college that the first visit to an artificial field came with its own set of butterflies for whatever reason. It will be a great chance for young guys to show their stuff and get two local favorites on the field a couple times. Looking forward to it.

Best to HC for a safe and successful year.
This came out of catspause. 2013 PRESEASON PLAYER OF THE YEAR Jonathan Gist, Knox Central, Sr., TB, 6-1, 204. Playing second fiddle to all-starter Jeffery Canady a season ago, the Panthers' 'G man' was often just as dangerous with 1, 320 yards rushing and 11 touchcodnws. Gist added weight and strength in the offseason and coach Scott Russell, a former Mr. Football, expects an even bigger season from his senior tailback, raving about Gist's vision and cut back ability.
^
That is player of the year in 4a district 6. Don't wont anyone getting the wrong idea, but this kid has the talent he could very well win some big honors this year.
panther nation Wrote:^
That is player of the year in 4a district 6. Don't wont anyone getting the wrong idea, but this kid has the talent he could very well win some big honors this year.

I only seen a couple of your games last year, and I totally agree with you.
2013 WYMT Pigskin Preview: No. 5 Knox Central Panthers

Knox County (WYMT) -- If ‘third time is a charm,’ this season will be Knox Central’s year.

"Our kids are really working hard. We are excited about what they done in the offseason,” head coach Scott Russell, who was Mr. Football in the state of Kentucky back in 1991, said. “They really pushed themselves in the weight room and even on the track. When it's 80-90 degrees outside in June, our kids were out there on the track running."

The Panthers are coming off back-to-back seasons where they lost to Russell County, including last year’s 35-19 loss. Knox Central has not won a district title since 19775.

"Coming up a little bit short, I think that's really fueled our kids,” Russell said. “They really worked hard in the offseason and that's their ultimate goal -- they want to win the district championship. Our kids are really pushing towards that goal and it's on their minds."

The Panthers will start a 6’ 6” 240-pound freshman at quarterback, and despite losing a 2,000 yard rusher a season ago to graduation, they have every offensive lineman back, including Dee Castle.

"Dee went to Lexington Catholic for a little bit so we thought we lost him and he moved back so whenever I heard he was coming back, he text me in the morning, he's like, 'I gotta come back, I miss you guys,'" senior running back Johnathan Gist said.

Gist will fill the starting spot now that Jeffrey Canady is a freshman playing at Eastern Kentucky University.

"It's the first season that me and Jeffery have been apart and I feel like I have been behind Jeffery a lot,” Gist said. “Like, in the limelight. Not only is it my senior year, but like in middle school, it was my eighth grade year, it was kind of the same -- Jeffery moved on to high school and I felt like i led the middle school team and we had an awesome year then and I feel like it's just going to repeat itself this year."

The Panthers also get one of the state’s leaders in interceptions. Matthew Barger picked off eight passes as a defensive back while hauling in 46 catches as a wide receiver last season.

Said Barger: "This year, with Russell County being the favorite, but they lost a lot. We lost a lot. But it means a lot because I want to get in that district championship here and I want to keep on going and get region and compete for state. But I only got two more years left of it and I think I want to put it out for those seniors."

A third crack at beating Russel County is what they want.

"We have had them marked on our calendars since last year,” Barger said.

Asked about the chances they beat them this year, Hayden Canady, brother of Jeffrey, said,"100 percent. You never go into a battle thinking that you are going to lose."

http://www.wkyt.com/wymt/sports/sportsov...73621.html
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)