Poll: Who wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Breathitt County
35.00%
Belfry
65.00%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breathitt Co @ Belfry 11/16/12
Wonder what ever happened to DRSfan? He was a pretty knowledgeable Breathitt poster. Don't see him on here anymore.
bucslover68 Wrote:Hey Nums, all we are asking for is a little football analysis. You talk a big game which is fine with me, but provide some Xs and Os to back up your claims and help legitimize your ACT or is it all an AcT???

In Roman Numeral terms:

Breathitt 3 X's
Belfry 0
Crossbones Wrote:Wonder what ever happened to DRSfan? He was a pretty knowledgeable Breathitt poster. Don't see him on here anymore.

He pulls for Pike Central now:biggrin:
bucslover68 Wrote:He pulls for Pike Central now:biggrin:

Tell me no!! Can't be!!Confusednicker:
hulkamania Wrote:Oh, another nice word... I'm so proud to see that my tax dollars have not gone to waste and that you know how to use google as well. Thank the Lord that our Eastern Kentucky Schools have the internet because otherwise, where would we be? I guess Belfry would just have two fans on here, one that says he/she went to EKU, and one that it seems may have went to Pike Central and cheers on their rival (apparent genious minds of course).

Sorry, sweetheart, no need to google anything! I didn't graduate from a Pike County school, I have two bachelor's, a master's, and a host of excellent scores on standardized tests myself! Let's get this thread back to football where it belongs....
hulkamania Wrote:In Roman Numeral terms:

Breathitt 3 X's
Belfry 0

Thanks hulk!!! I was wanting your autograph!!! Those X's must be hard to sign each month:biggrin: seriously hulk...nice rhetoric with no ill intentions here. I was just wondering about some game analysis.
Breathitt will have everyone available according to khsaa.org. The one DQ (Blomberg) that was listed has "0" listed for games suspended. So both teams should come into the game at full strength.
PHS95 Wrote:Sorry, sweetheart, no need to google anything! I didn't graduate from a Pike County school, I have two bachelor's, a master's, and a host of excellent scores on standardized test myself! Lets get this thread back to football where it belongs....
I agree...recess is over...back to football...I hope!!!
EKUAlum05 Wrote:You're getting your ACT and ASVAB scores confused again brooooother. Just a heads up: Just because the military paid your tuition doesn't mean you graduated from West Point

**No offense to our military on here, just having some fun with our resident in ornithology.**

I didn't realize Jackson, KY suddenly became the Harvard of the Commonwealth. At least you have that going for you since the football program is destined to always be second fiddle. My suspicion is, much like your spelling as you try to prove a point, that Breathitt is all bark and little bite. Belfry, on the other hand, has just the right amount of both to get that pesky neighborhood cat to tuck tail and run for another full year. Confusedhh:

I do appreciate the rhetoric and the general creativity you are attempting to bring unlike many of your other "breathitt bobcats year baby! we got those belfrey pirates numbers! woooo" brethren.

Wow, that was good!!! I give you credit my friend, you can proofread like nobody's business. I am so impressed. Maybe one day you can teach me to proofread so I can get in some major shots like you just did.:biglmao:

Belfry with the right amount of bark and bite eh?.......I guess so, most female dogs do.
bucslover68 Wrote:Thanks hulk!!! I was wanting your autograph!!! Those X's must be hard to sign each month:biggrin: seriously hulk...nice rhetoric with no ill intentions here. I was just wondering about some game analysis.

Couldn't pass it up man.lol. Seriously, looking for a good game, I feel that the Bobcats are the superior team because they do have the ability to run and pass and the mobile quarterback makes the difference in the scoring department. I don't look for the Bobcats to be able to completely stop the pirates but I do look for them to make them run longer sustained drives which increases the chances of a turnover which like last year will make the difference. I have not seen the pirates play but do not feel that they have the personell to matchup with Breathitt on the skill side, the line may be a different story and we all know the battle in the trenches wins the game. But I feel that the mobility of the quarterback helps to equalize this and I feel that Breathitt has one of the more solid linebacking cores that I've seen in a while and I believe it will be hard for Belfry to consistently score against this team without deviating from previous Belfry offensive schemes. This being said I believe that this could be a battle of offenses and I feel that this is where Breathitt gets the advantage and the win.
hulkamania Wrote:Wow, that was good!!! I give you credit my friend, you can proofread like nobody's business. I am so impressed. Maybe one day you can teach me to proofread so I can get in some major shots like you just did.:biglmao:

Belfry with the right amount of bark and bite eh?.......I guess so, most female dogs do.

The Devil is in the details my friend with all those little things that typically get overlooked.

As a Bobcat fan you should be able to relate to this all too well, seeing as the ONLY thing on the minds of Breathitt fans after last year's game was those little slight errors and pesky mistakes they previously over looked. Meanwhile, Belfry was polished and all around better prepared. Much like Breathitt's schedule, you are taking a huge step up in class and finding out "We're not in West Liberty anymore".

I wish your team luck this week and it will be an honor to have Trent's final impressive performance of his superb career come up just short against the Pirates. We all promise to demand respect on his behalf as the 3A delegate from Region 4.He does deserve the praise though, seriously, helluva football player!
hulkamania Wrote:Couldn't pass it up man.lol. Seriously, looking for a good game, I feel that the Bobcats are the superior team because they do have the ability to run and pass and the mobile quarterback makes the difference in the scoring department. I don't look for the Bobcats to be able to completely stop the pirates but I do look for them to make them run longer sustained drives which increases the chances of a turnover which like last year will make the difference. I have not seen the pirates play but do not feel that they have the personell to matchup with Breathitt on the skill side, the line may be a different story and we all know the battle in the trenches wins the game. But I feel that the mobility of the quarterback helps to equalize this and I feel that Breathitt has one of the more solid linebacking cores that I've seen in a while and I believe it will be hard for Belfry to consistently score against this team without deviating from previous Belfry offensive schemes. This being said I believe that this could be a battle of offenses and I feel that this is where Breathitt gets the advantage and the win.

Fair enough!!
hulkamania Wrote:Couldn't pass it up man.lol. Seriously, looking for a good game, I feel that the Bobcats are the superior team because they do have the ability to run and pass and the mobile quarterback makes the difference in the scoring department. I don't look for the Bobcats to be able to completely stop the pirates but I do look for them to make them run longer sustained drives which increases the chances of a turnover which like last year will make the difference. I have not seen the pirates play but do not feel that they have the personell to matchup with Breathitt on the skill side, the line may be a different story and we all know the battle in the trenches wins the game. But I feel that the mobility of the quarterback helps to equalize this and I feel that Breathitt has one of the more solid linebacking cores that I've seen in a while and I believe it will be hard for Belfry to consistently score against this team without deviating from previous Belfry offensive schemes. This being said I believe that this could be a battle of offenses and I feel that this is where Breathitt gets the advantage and the win.

Nice take man... seriously best of luck to Breathitt and if the improbable happens and Belfry falls... the Bobcats have already earned the utmost of my respect and I will be cheering for them all the way.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:The Devil is in the details my friend with all those little things that typically get overlooked.

As a Bobcat fan you should be able to relate to this all too well, seeing as the ONLY thing on the minds of Breathitt fans after last year's game was those little slight errors and pesky mistakes they previously over looked. Meanwhile, Belfry was polished and all around better prepared. Much like Breathitt's schedule, you are taking a huge step up in class and finding out "We're not in West Liberty anymore".

I wish your team luck this week and it will be honor to have Trent's final impressive performance of his superb career come up just short against the Pirates. We all promise to demand respect on his behalf as the 3A delegate from Region 4.He does deserve the praise though, seriously, helluva football player!

I love this!! I love how people talk about how weak our schedule is and I'm intrigued that you would be so gullible as to see it as you do. Would it seem as if we had played a much better schedule if we had lost a game or two, because in case you don't remember you actually lost to those great teams you act like you played. I'm just a little confused, I guess we would be awesome if we had got beat like you guys. I'll have to mention this new concept to Holcomb for next year.:biglmao:
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Nice take man... seriously best of luck to Breathitt and if the improbable happens and Belfry falls... the Bobcats have already earned the utmost of my respect and I will be cheering for them all the way.

Same to you guys, I just like to get things going a little. Not a Belfry fan by no means, but can in no way be for Central.lol
hulkamania Wrote:I love this!! I love how people talk about how weak our schedule is and I'm intrigued that you would be so gullible as to see it as you do. Would it seem as if we had played a much better schedule if we had lost a game or two, because in case you don't remember you actually lost to those great teams you act like you played. I'm just a little confused, I guess we would be awesome if we had got beat like you guys. I'll have to mention this new concept to Holcomb for next year.:biglmao:

For the record I covered the mis-conceptions of Breathitt's SOS already earlier. You may be surprised when you go back and read it. To paraphrase, the disadvantage of Breathitt's schedule should not be viewed as "who" (Hazard and Somerset are damn fine teams and alone more quality wins then Belfry has), but "when". It is essentially the same schedule as last season and due to the long lag between quality competition I felt it hurt Breathitt last year and facilitated those uncharacteristic errors that proved the difference in the game.

Holcomb is a truly elite coach. My guess is he will be doing as much as possible to avoid those same pitfalls.
It still baffles me to say this, Belfry's two mike linebackers have 7 years of starting experience... add in Messer and it goes to 10 years... Solid linebacking group right there is the strength. 12 weeks in it still astonishes me how much Belfry returned defensively this season
hulkamania Wrote:Good evening Belfry fans. I'm sure some of you may remember some of my post last year and I must say that I had a nice little helping of some crow after last year's game. I also must say that many of you on here seem to be very knowledgeable of the game and are very reasonable when it comes to giving credit where credit is due such as giving props to the Trent kid. That being said, I must continue on to post my thoughts on the game this Friday. I do feel that it will be a hard fought valiant effort put forth by the mighty pirates, but realistically your chances of pulling out a victory this year is about the same as Kentucky's is going back in the past to put a guy in front of Laettner or better yet, the same as when we played in 1997. I don't really feel that there's anything that can save you from the butt whooping you're about to receive other than a forfeit which might not be a bad idea for you, but if you insist, I guess you'll just have to bend over. And just so you know Turkey is the only bird I'll be eating this year. ENJOY BROOOOTTTTHEERRRR!!!!

Your about as Full of S#it as that turkey...you make no sense....Belfry realistically bends Breathitt over and stuffs them nearly ever time we have ever played sure you got lucky a time or two...But this year you won't be so lucky my little hulkamaniac.....come to the tailgate and i will give you your crow early cause you will be eating it for sure....The only thing that should be forfeited is your next post....don't do it I will make ya look stupid again....PIRATE FOR LIFE BABY.......
^^^

Not my personal style, but I won't lie.... pretty damn entertaining and well played nonetheless.. HAHA

Good job Pirate1991#8..
hulkamania Wrote:I'm still waiting...... He must be one of you guys that actually watches football instead of one of the parents because he's not got much to say apparently, but I don't really care if he does, because I feel that we've proved what brilliance comes from those wonderful West Virginia hills when we exposed Mr. EKU.

It's hard to think when you got your A$$ put in your place.....yeah i watch football and I'm a parent of a player...
:biggrin:
Few fun details:
The series is since 1999 is 4 - 3 with Breathitt having the edge.

Breathitt is 3 - 1 at Belfry

Of the last 4 meetings a teams undefeated streak ended. (Both teams undefeated in 07)

In their 7 meetings the home team has only won twice.

The matchup has been competitive every year except for 2002 and 2007.

The last 4 times these two teams played the winner would advance to State.

The two teams combined have 7 State title appearances with 3 wins between them.

Neither teams has won in back to back meetings since Breathitt in 99 and 00
Code:
[B]
Year    Local      Winner(rec)         Loser(rec)       Score[/B]
99       BEL        BC(10-1)             BEL(8-3)        47 -42  
00       BC         BC(8-2)              BEL(7-4)        28-20
01       BC         BEL(7-4)             BC(7-4)         27-26
02       BEL        BC(12-0)             BEL(9-2)        21-0
07       BEL        BEL(13-0)            BC(13-0)        62-28
08       BEL        BC(11-2)             BEL(13-0)       14-12
11       BC         BEL(11-1)            BC(12-0)        28-14

So what does all that tell us? That we are in for another knock down drag out game between two of the premiere teams in the mountains. Definitely the powerhouses of the East.

My prediction is Belfry 26 - BC 21 won't be decided until late.

Belfry has the pedigree and tenacity to go toe-to-toe with a Bell or Central, I don't know if BC does. I think that Brethitt does play their best games (competition) early in the year and then coast until they get to the playoffs. I think this does hurt them and is likely why a team with such a winning pedigree has stumbled in the Playoffs all but one year since they moved to 3A.
hulkamania Wrote:In Roman Numeral terms:

Breathitt 3 X's
Belfry 0

That 02 game was competitive. It was 7-0 Breathitt unti about 2 minutes left in the game. Breathitt returned two desperate pass attempts for TDs to make the final 21-0
I think they replaced him with the other IDIOTS on here from breathitt,some kind of hulk a motor mouth or something like that,
:ChairHit:
Crossbones Wrote:Wonder what ever happened to DRSfan? He was a pretty knowledgeable Breathitt poster. Don't see him on here anymore.
I think they replaced him with the other IDIOTS on here from breathitt,some kind of hulk a motor mouth or something like that,:ChairHit:
WILD WILLIE Wrote::ChairHit:
I think they replaced him with the other IDIOTS on here from breathitt,some kind of hulk a motor mouth or something like that,:ChairHit:

Posting this only makes you sound the the "idiot." You really should not be on here bashing people. If you can not debate without dropping to this level, sit back and read what more mature BGR members post. Sounds like you are teenager.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

What a thread! I'll still go with the Pirates.
I am a Breathitt fan but both teams have some of the most arrogant fans. As much as I would like for Breathitt to win, I'm going to say Belfry by 7.
Pirate1991#8 Wrote:Your about as Full of S#it as that turkey...you make no sense....Belfry realistically bends Breathitt over and stuffs them nearly ever time we have ever played sure you got lucky a time or two...But this year you won't be so lucky my little hulkamaniac.....come to the tailgate and i will give you your crow early cause you will be eating it for sure....The only thing that should be forfeited is your next post....don't do it I will make ya look stupid again....PIRATE FOR LIFE BABY.......

Very impressive!!! My four year old nephew couldn't have said it better himself. Bravo for such an intellectual post especially considering one of your own fans explained that sinc2000 Breathitt leads the series 4 to 3. Don't worry about trying to make me look stupid you're defeating the purpose.
Pirate1991#8 Wrote:It's hard to think when you got your A$$ put in your place.....yeah i watch football and I'm a parent of a player...

The poor kid. Let him know I feel for him.
  •  Previous
  • 7(current)
  • Next