Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
4A Quarterfinal Wayne County @ Johnson Central 11/22/19
"So the kid has racked up cheat code video game numbers with every defense Wayne has faced keying directly on him for the ENTIRE game but he still has to validate his season?"

Oh HELL no!!! At least not to me!!
Sloan is one heck of a player, and Wayne is a very good football team. I don't think Matney, or the Golden Eagles are looking over anyone at this point. With that being said, Johnson Central is on another level this year and the only team that is capable of beating them, is Boyle. Anything can happen, but if Johnson Central comes to play, they should win comfortably. I look for this game to be close in the first half, but the physicality of Johnson Central will wear down Wayne in the second half. Johnson Central wins 48-21. Good luck to both teams.
Disclaimer this comparison may be way off base because I’ve not watched Wayne Co or Braedon Sloan play once this year nor have I seen any film. But the way everyone is talking about them it reminds me of the early 2010s Johnson Central teams. JC had a once in a generation athlete in JJ Jude and he was surrounded by admittedly not the most athletic or talented guys but they worked their tails off and played so hard together. Those teams were never going to be more talented then Highlands or Cov Cath but they knew that if they worked hard enough and gave JJ the chance he could take over a game single handedly. I think Wayne Co. is in a similar situation across the board they aren’t as big, talented, or athletic as JC but they absolutely can win this game with a special player in Braedon Sloan. I have no doubts that Matney and is his coaching staff think this is going to be a tough game that they are going to play at a high level to win.
Sloan is the best running back I have seen played this year after tonight, Johnson Central fans will agree also. My prediction he will gain over 225+ yards against Johnson Central. I can only imagine if Wayne County offensive line was bigger :Cheerlead
Good luck Eagles, win another one for the mountains.
64SUR Wrote:Sloan is the best running back I have seen played this year after tonight, Johnson Central fans will agree also. My prediction he will gain over 225+ yards against Johnson Central. I can only imagine if Wayne County offensive line was bigger :Cheerlead

I think you’re right about JC fans getting on board. Great point. He’s not only the best I’ve seen this year. He’s the best I’ve seen in a long time. The kid just bounces off of people. It’s like Benny snell had a baby with Lynn Bowden.

Then they took that baby to a lab, added my superior football knowledge DNA and boom...... Sloan
I don't think anyone from Johnson Central, coach, player or fan is doubting this young man's talent or taking them lightly. He will get yardage but I think Wayne will struggle on defense stopping our offense. We don't have a player that accounts for 63% of our total offense. If you count his bench time during blowouts I would say he accounts for 80+% of their offense on snaps when he is on the field. Between Ryley, Brice, Devin, Dillon, Cody, Seth or Zach you have 7 different kids that may have possession on any single play. Not being able to focus on one player will be the reason JC wins. I stick to my 42-21 but could see 49-21 or 42-14.
Well, I've seen both teams play this year. Wayne County a couple of times. Sloan will be the best individual player on the field tonight, but it won't be enough. Johnson Central will take this game by 3 scores.
Gravy Wrote:So the kid has racked up cheat code video game numbers with every defense Wayne has faced keying directly on him for the ENTIRE game but he still has to validate his season? I think the truth here is that some fans hold other teams' players to a higher standard than they do their own. It's ok...we're all imperfect fans in one way or another.

Honestly, in reading through the boards throughout the season as it to pertains to Wayne, I don't think Thompson gets enough credit for building a quality program at a place like Wayne. They have been a consistently good football team for the last several years and he makes his undersized (most of the time) guys believe they can compete with anyone on any field. Wayne just doesn't have the population to harvest a large number of skilled players. Thompson gets everything out of those boys that they have to give night in and night out.

That being said, I think JC is way to much for Wayne to handle tonight. I think Sloan will get some yards but I don't think Wayne's OL will be effective enough to give him the help he needs against a team like JC.

Very well said, I think Sloan will get on the board and rush for around 150 yards and that's not bashing the kid that is having a outstanding night against a defense like Johnson Central has. Wayne Co has an outstanding coaching staff but your not gonna beat JC with one kid, again nothing against Sloan he's a special player and I have no doubt he can take football as far as he wants to go but he's not gonna be able to beat JC by himself.....
Hound05 Wrote:Then they took that baby to a lab, added my superior football knowledge DNA and boom...... Sloan

:eyeroll: Dougie is rubbing off on you Confusednicker:
Wayne County Defense

Gave up 49 points vs. a 6-5 team.
Gave up 35 points vs. a 7-4 team.
Gave up 34 points vs. a 3-8 team.
Gave up 33 points vs. a 3-8 team.
Gave up 32 points vs. a 5-6 team.
Gave up 30 points vs. a 6-5 team.

No way they hold JC out of the 40's.
THOMCAT Wrote:Wayne County Defense

Gave up 49 points vs. a 6-5 team.
Gave up 35 points vs. a 7-4 team.
Gave up 34 points vs. a 3-8 team.
Gave up 33 points vs. a 3-8 team.
Gave up 32 points vs. a 5-6 team.
Gave up 30 points vs. a 6-5 team.

No way they hold JC out of the 40's.

I agree if this is not a running clock game then JC will score in the 50’s against a defense that has not seen the triple headed monster JC has. Everybody keeps talking about Sloan and he is a Stud but there are some downright good players on the other team that split carries. I look for JC to win big I will say 56-14.