Poll: Who wins the Class A Championship
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Williamsburg
53.16%
Mayfield
46.84%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield vs Williamsburg 1A State Title
Mayfield by 2+ tds
I hope Williamsburg's boys get back for this game. I don't want any excuses. That would leave a very bad taste in my mouth. We want to play their best.
5 more days 64. 5 more days.
rednblackattack Wrote:U can not compare any score between Mayfield and PT out. It is a huge rivalry game one of the oldest in the state. The score is rarely what it should be in paper. As McCracken that was their first game ever as a football team. They should have won that game against pt. I'm telling. Its all silly anyway. We go head to head with teams as good as Wayne all the time we win some we lose some. We hardly ever lose by 2 TDs vs anybody so I'm sticking with what I say. We have proved we can hang with the big boys as a 1a program. Wayne was the only out of district team of any not the burg played and u got waxed. We would not have.

Those teams are not as good as Wayne. Wayne beat PT like a drum. PT beat McCracken.
Two myths Mayfield fans are hanging their hat on to base a blowout prediction. Tough nonconference schedule and LIT ratings. Mayfield had a killer non conference schedule. Ft. Campbell lost by 32 to end their season. McCracken beat by 10 early in the playoffs. PT beat by 24. Murray beat by 38. Graves beat by 39. Marshal beat by 34. Caldwell beat by 13 to Murray who got hammered by 38 the next round. LIT ratings are accurate this time of year. PT favored by 3 against Wayne County. Wayne County wins by 24. Raceland favored by 1 over Williamsburg. Williamsburg wins by 27.
E's Army Wrote:Those teams are not as good as Wayne. Wayne beat PT like a drum. PT beat McCracken.

Your right. But pt beat mccracken in mccracken's first game ever. That's doesn't really say much. McCracken actually got better as the season went on. I do believe mayfield could beat Wayne County. Watched their highlights on the news wasn't that impressed. But they don't play em so our best bet is just to wait til friday.
Personally I don't think mayfield gets a lot of credit. 5 straight state appearances. Just think. We've lost a ton of seniors it seems like ever year for the past 5 years. It just seems like that coaching staff has the underclassmen ready to play. The Bright kid looks really promising and he's just a freshman. That's where we lack the credit we deserve. Our coaching staff.Go mayfield
Well E, 64, Old jacket and whomever I left out. If mayfield wins Fridays don't tuck your tails and run from the thread. Every year we win it's always trash talk when mayfield wins...well its like the other team died cause u never hear anything.
Nothing but respect for Mayfield. Check my posts all year on Mayfield. Not trash talking only responding. Numbers are numbers. Posted above to offset some reasoning behind the Mayfield trash talking. I posted after the Wayne and North Laurel games. I'll be here next year. Mayfield is a beast, has been a beast and will continue to be a beast. But Williamsburg will show up Friday. Don't get upset when someone responds to your endless rhetoric.
E's Army Wrote:Two myths Mayfield fans are hanging their hat on to base a blowout prediction. Tough nonconference schedule and LIT ratings. Mayfield had a killer non conference schedule. Ft. Campbell lost by 32 to end their season. McCracken beat by 10 early in the playoffs. PT beat by 24. Murray beat by 38. Graves beat by 39. Marshal beat by 34. Caldwell beat by 13 to Murray who got hammered by 38 the next round. LIT ratings are accurate this time of year. PT favored by 3 against Wayne County. Wayne County wins by 24. Raceland favored by 1 over Williamsburg. Williamsburg wins by 27.

I am a big believer in the LIT this late, it was 9-3 in the semi's with the WIlliamsburg game not really being a miss as it was less than a point spread and Williamsburg had home field advantage. In our local picks I picked Wayne after learning about PT losing their DC so I cut the LIT some slack there but I get your point and the other LIT miss in Belfry's win drives home your point
I'm watching film again on Wburg. We don't have to worry about numbers to pick this one is going to be lopsided. We will just let the numbers on the scoreboard indicate that. I am not near the coach that we have at MHS and I know what to do here.
I guarantee you this. You will not see our defensive line stand straight up and stick their hands out to fill the offensive linemen before they move. You will see them fire straight into the jackets backfield.
MC, have you watched the film yet?
:argue:
mysonis55 Wrote:MC, have you watched the film yet?

I will bet MC has seen multiple films at this point, lol. Man, I don't want bad weather for this game simply from a comfort standpoint, lol.
At least we can find film on this one. The Frankfort team did a good job of keeping theirs from us.
Man that field was terrible Friday night. The players had more mud on them than I have seen since the old school football days. It was so bad you couldn't hardly even see the W in the middle of the field.
The injury situation is not good for Williamsburg, however if you have a team made up of 11 players and that is all you have you don't deserve to be there in the first place. Watch, this is a team of destiny the other 8 will step up and you will see they will meet the challenge plus, for the first time Williamsburg has depth and these guys can play. We have the best class A team in Ky. I have said this before and I will say it again. in Williamsburg ain't nothing shaking but the leaves on the trees, Bring it on,
mysonis55 Wrote:I guarantee you this. You will not see our defensive line stand straight up and stick their hands out to fill the offensive linemen before they move. You will see them fire straight into the jackets backfield.

Only problem is you will be faced with the best down linemen in the state, Class A, Class AA, Class AAA, Class AAAA. Class AAAAA, Class AAAAAA. You might want to tell your monsters they might want to buckle their Jock straps down another notch or Two before they fire off.:biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao:
dt812005 Wrote:Your right. But pt beat mccracken in mccracken's first game ever. That's doesn't really say much. McCracken actually got better as the season went on. I do believe mayfield could beat Wayne County. Watched their highlights on the news wasn't that impressed. But they don't play em so our best bet is just to wait til friday.

wishful thinking on your part
dt812005 Wrote:Well E, 64, Old jacket and whomever I left out. If mayfield wins Fridays don't tuck your tails and run from the thread. Every year we win it's always trash talk when mayfield wins...well its like the other team died cause u never hear anything.

I will be one of the first to post my congrats...:notworthy
topnotch Wrote:Only problem is you will be faced with the best down linemen in the state, Class A, Class AA, Class AAA, Class AAAA. Class AAAAA, Class AAAAAA. You might want to tell your monsters they might want to buckle their Jock straps down another notch or Two before they fire off.:biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao::biglmao:

Ha you too funny man. You guys east ky guys haven't seen any film on us this year and you have yours all across the Web good job.
dt812005 Wrote:Well E, 64, Old jacket and whomever I left out. If mayfield wins Fridays don't tuck your tails and run from the thread. Every year we win it's always trash talk when mayfield wins...well its like the other team died cause u never hear anything.

I notice you have only posts 12 times under dt812005 was you one of the poster from mayfield that tuck your tail and run in 2011 when hazard won. :welcome: back to BGR from 64SUR we want died we will be back for years to come I promise :lmao:
Alright we'll see.
64SUR Wrote:I notice you have only posts 12 times under dt812005 was you one of the poster from mayfield that tuck your tail and run in 2011 when hazard won. :welcome: back to BGR from 64SUR we want died we will be back for years to come I promise :lmao:

Dang you caught me! Lol man I was super disappointed and went in deep depression kinda like I do when it comes to watching my Celtics every night.:Sad04:
gobigredMHS Wrote::argue:

I will bet MC has seen multiple films at this point, lol. Man, I don't want bad weather for this game simply from a comfort standpoint, lol.

All schools trade film and with HUDL both schools will have EVERY game the other has played. At least I know Wburg does have EVERY game Mfield played.
So what happens if wb has seen every film and gets dominated?
rednblackattack Wrote:I have been luurking 64. My family owns a restraunt we have been short handed and I have been spending a a lot of hours running the BBQ pit. In fact if 55 would do it for u I would send you a couple of pounds of Wky BBQ. Then again knowing the group he travels with i doubt it would make it to BG.
I'm sure you can understand. The BBQ is good and the way he drives, you need the distraction!
mysonis55 Wrote:I hope Williamsburg's boys get back for this game. I don't want any excuses. That would leave a very bad taste in my mouth. We want to play their best.

Don't worry mysonis55 you will get the best no excuse I promise burg fever is coming to Bowling Green,taste in your mouth right now is burg fever I recommend you stay away from the team stay in bed for a week
mysonis55 Wrote:MC, have you watched the film yet?

Only some of the Race game and a couple of news reels

I will have some real game film Monday night or Tues morning and you can watch it
dt812005 Wrote:So what happens if wb has seen every film and gets dominated?

1st you act like only Mayfield is smart enough to get film. As for the stupid question Mayfield would have a better team. I would have thought all most everyone could have answered that ? without needing help.
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next