Poll: Who wins ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Breathitt County
34.74%
Belfry
65.26%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry @ Breathitt Co. 11/18/11
hulkamania, thank you for your contributions to this thread, I have really enjoyed them. :Thumbs:
Buc-a-roo Wrote:hulkamania, thank you for your contributions to this thread, I have really enjoyed them. :Thumbs:

LOL, good deal BROTHER, anytime these two play there has to be some trash talk to add to the anticipation. All in good fun. I like talking it and I like hearing what people come back with too. WHATCHA GONNA DO WHEN HULKAMANIA RUNS WILD ON YOU???
hulkamania Wrote:LOL, good deal BROTHER, anytime these two play there has to be some trash talk to add to the anticipation. All in good fun. I like talking it and I like hearing what people come back with too. WHATCHA GONNA DO WHEN HULKAMANIA RUNS WILD ON YOU???

I have to agree. There has to be some great trash talking when you have the Belfry Pirates and the Breathitt Co Bobcats going to battle. It's been 14 years since I last suited up but games like this make you young again. I will be there Friday night cheering on the Pirates. I hope both teams show up to play, and ready to lay it on the line. It's going to be a good one!

Go Big Red!!!!

TongueirateSho:devilflamTongueirateSho:devilflamTongueirateSho:devilflam

Oh and Belfry proves why they are still the team to beat in the East as they march on towards the State Semi Finals after a big win Friday night. :Thumbs:
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Although this is good discussion, we are getting away from the topic.

I don't think it was off topic at all. The discussion was about who you think will win and why? I made several references that Belfry needs more balace in their offense when facing tough opponents like BC. So I think it was very much on topic. What you said was "we are getting away from topic" but what I heard was "be quite about it" in a nice way. I said in an earlier post that we will see the outcome on friday night, so I am done with this thread because I choose to be and not because someone tried to call me down like some young school boy in a classroom. By the way, I paid you a compliment in my previous post, so the polite thing to say is "thank you". Juss saying...
there is a great deal of in depth analysis and reasoning for each teams victory. who had the hardest schedule, whos line eats the most cheese burgers, faster, stronger, home field, coach, all these things are great but it comes down to this.......belfry will win simply because.......they are pirates, pirates have swords and eye patches and ships! they are water lovers. and well, cats are.... cats, they hate water. therefore, belfry wins in a close one.
Doughboy304 Wrote:I don't think it was off topic at all. The discussion was about who you think will win and why? I made several references that Belfry needs more balace in their offense when facing tough opponents like BC. So I think it was very much on topic. What you said was "we are getting away from topic" but what I heard was "be quite about it" in a nice way. I said in an earlier post that we will see the outcome on friday night, so I am done with this thread because I choose to be and not because someone tried to call me down like some young school boy in a classroom. By the way, I paid you a compliment in my previous post, so the polite thing to say is "thank you". Juss saying...

You completely mis-read what I was trying to say.

I loved the discussion, but it might be better suited in another thread. I will gladly have an intelligent conversation like the one we were all having about philosophy of football and the advantages/dis-advantages of styles of offense any day. I just felt as if that was becoming the sole focus on the thread instead of the actual discussion of the game itself.

If you want to start a separate thread about that I am all for it.
HarleyD Wrote:I have to agree. There has to be some great trash talking when you have the Belfry Pirates and the Breathitt Co Bobcats going to battle. It's been 14 years since I last suited up but games like this make you young again. I will be there Friday night cheering on the Pirates. I hope both teams show up to play, and ready to lay it on the line. It's going to be a good one!

Go Big Red!!!!

TongueirateSho:devilflamTongueirateSho:devilflamTongueirateSho:devilflam

Oh and Belfry proves why they are still the team to beat in the East as they march on towards the State Semi Finals after a big win Friday night. :Thumbs:

Belfry or BC, whichever wins, is there anyone who gives the Garrard/Powell
winner a chance?
Belfry by 8
DSRfan Wrote:Belfry or BC, whichever wins, is there anyone who gives the Garrard/Powell
winner a chance?

I find it difficult to.

Garrard is essentially Breathitt-Lite and Powell is essentially Belfry-Lite.

You don't reach the semi's without being a quality football team, and if either Belfry or Breathitt overlook their opponent they could potentially see themselves fighting for their lives. With that said I would have to consider either team a double digit favorite over either the Golden Lions or the Pirates of Powell.
This will be a good hard fought game. But to the individuals who say that the Bobcats cannot handle Belfry's rushing game, the Bobcats have a good rushing game as well. The pair of Trent and Collins is going pretty strong this year. I will go with Breathitt in this one, but it will be a close one. Respect to both teams. Also, the fan base has a big factor to play in this one. Whether at the Riverbank, or at someone else's house, breathitt ALWAYS has a packed house.
Belfry0304 Wrote:While I respect your opinion, I must disagree. Belfry's offense allows them to take chunks of yardage and make up for lost speed by making Central guess. Plus keeps the ball out of their hands. Passing the ball is dangerous because they have the speed to get to a ball in the air, causing turnovers, or at the very least incompletions to stop the clock. If you just run the ball for chunks, don't turn it over, you stand a good chance against Central. It's super hard to pass the ball against a speedy team. Besides, it's not that Belfry CAN'T pass the ball, trust me, Henry Clay, Lawrence County, and Johnson Central will all tell you about Howie Dotson, they just haven't really had to. They don't have Aaron Rodgers or Andrew Luck out there, but they can pass the ball good enough to compliment the run.

You want to believe it's so, but in reality it's not. if you
DON'T do something all season, and when it's contra to
the coach's deeply cherished belief, then you really can't
do it. I'm not speaking of Belfry here, but of most any team
you see that is a hugely run dominated offense. Even with
a QB that should be able to throw the ball, you see poor
throws, dropped balls, and little success even whne not under
pressure.
DSRfan Wrote:Belfry or BC, whichever wins, is there anyone who gives the Garrard/Powell
winner a chance?

No
This will be the defensive game of the year.
Bobcats-7
Pirates-0
Bobcat Player Wrote:This will be the defensive game of the year.
Bobcats-7
Pirates-0

Breathitt Co allowed Pike Central to rush for almost 200 yards and put up 20 points and you expect them to hold Belfry scoreless. Really you need to wake up! Confusednicker:
they might rush for 200 yards but they wont get in the end zone
DSRfan Wrote:You want to believe it's so, but in reality it's not. if you
DON'T do something all season, and when it's contra to
the coach's deeply cherished belief, then you really can't
do it. I'm not speaking of Belfry here, but of most any team
you see that is a hugely run dominated offense. Even with
a QB that should be able to throw the ball, you see poor
throws, dropped balls, and little success even whne not under
pressure.

You're acting like they've never thrown it. They don't throw it alot, but they have thrown it. With two seperate QB's, both of who are perfectly capable of hitting the 6'5 TE, or the superfast WR. If one guy struggles when we need to throw the ball, we can put the other in. If we can't find rhythm passing IF WE NEED IT, with two seperate QB's, hell we deserve to lose.

EDIT: But I do not disagree with you, that can happen w/ teams who don't pass the ball as much. I've seen us throw it around this year though, we're not too shabby at it.
HarleyD Wrote:Breathitt Co allowed Pike Central to rush for almost 200 yards and put up 20 points and you expect them to hold Belfry scoreless. Really you need to wake up! Confusednicker:

Belfry is a run first team and pass occasionally. It is easier to prepare for that kind of a team IMO. Breathitt came in to shut down the pass first and allowed the rushes as kind of a "side-note." They knew that PCC could not beat them on the ground and did not prepare for that as much IMO. Belfry will be a different story, Breathitt will be ready as I am sure the Pirates will be also. This game should be a close one.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

Belfry beats the over ranked breathitt team. Breathitts defense cant stop belfrys offense.
All I can say is that the Bobcats love being the underdog, keep doubting them...
what Wrote:Belfry beats the over ranked breathitt team. Breathitts defense cant stop belfrys offense.

The question is ALSO;can you stop US?
TheGuyYouLoveToHate Wrote:All I can say is that the Bobcats love being the underdog, keep doubting them...

You are reallllllllllllllllllllly reaching for that. I have seen just as many, if not more, Breathitt posters talking smack and painting Breathitt as the team to beat. The general consensus I have got from this thread is everyone expects a very close, evenly matched game.

Neither one of these teams need to have a chip on their shoulder as the underdog. Both know what is on the line and the quality of their opposition.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:You are reallllllllllllllllllllly reaching for that. I have seen just as many, if not more, Breathitt posters talking smack and painting Breathitt as the team to beat. The general consensus I have got from this thread is everyone expects a very close, evenly matched game.

Neither one of these teams need to have a chip on their shoulder as the underdog. Both know what is on the line and the quality of their opposition.

I do not disagree that there is smack talk going on between the two fan bases of these teams about who is going to win. I am just saying that Breathitt is in fact the under dog in this game. Hell look at the poll at the top of the page, 53 people say Belfy will win and only 27 are saying that Breathitt will win. I think it will be a close game, but the matter of the fact is people think that Belfry is going to win that close game. That to me is saying Breathitt is the under dog.
i know there is alot of rain on the field,or should i say there probally is just by looking at the weather,i know here in Arkansas when got aound 5plus inches, just wondering how much is on the field in Jackson?if there is,will this make Breahitt run more than they want to pass?
TheGuyYouLoveToHate Wrote:I do not disagree that there is smack talk going on between the two fan bases of these teams about who is going to win. I am just saying that Breathitt is in fact the under dog in this game. Hell look at the poll at the top of the page, 53 people say Belfy will win and only 27 are saying that Breathitt will win. I think it will be a close game, but the matter of the fact is people think that Belfry is going to win that close game. That to me is saying Breathitt is the under dog.

You do realize Belfry probably has the largest amount of posters on this site which is part of the reason?

I wouldn't take a poll on a message board to be a very accurate indicator. I know everyone likes to have the chip on their team's shoulder as the "underdog" and have "bulletin board material", but the fact of the matter is most view this as a toss-up game.
I hope the visitor seating is better than at most places, because Belfry travels better than anyone.
I got breathitt
Belfry_99 Wrote:I hope the visitor seating is better than at most places, because Belfry travels better than anyone.

I have a feeling that it will be standing room only. Most local schools have already been eliminated and their fans will be at this game. Also, I saw that WYMT will be covering this game live. Will the game also be online?

what Wrote:Belfry beats the over ranked breathitt team. Breathitts defense cant stop belfrys offense.

Same thing was said the last time Breathitt traveled to Belfry to face a better Belfry team a couple years ago, and we all know how that one turned out. This game is a rivalry game and records\rankings really do not matter.

After reading about 3 pages of these posts, I'm amazed that Breathitt faithful have even come back to call Pirate fans out for what they have said! Some of the "smack" on here from BC is just, well to put it out there, full of shit!

Good luck to both teams, PIRATES--take care of business!!! PERIOD! AND, I pray for an injury free game!
I'm sure we can all agree on that, the winner of this game will be playing in Bowling Green for the State Title. I know Breathitt wants to get revenge on Louisville Central from 2008 when Central beat them for the Title.

2 Powerhouses going at it, should be a dandy.
  •  Previous
  • 6(current)
  • Next