Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ryle 28 Highlands 26
SK lost to ryle end of story... Win=a win as long as its a win.. Ryle beat all those teams & beat a way better team in highlands than sk is... Ryle is #1 in nky... Then Highlands at #2 & Sk at 3 with ncc not far behind.....
neerfan Wrote:More excuses from Ft. Thomas the game I watched was Highlands versus Ryle not highlands versus Highlands. They were beat by Ryle period. Just keep making your excuses.:lmao:

Wrong Wrong Wrong You will see now that the mighty Birds have fallen HA HA HA:lmao:

One game since 2006, hardly fallen!
Birds lost the game, period end of story. Every blind squirrel finds a nut and finally out of the countless squirrels that have tried in the past 4 yrs, there is one that won by 2 pts.

Ryle had a fantastic gameplan and it worked to perfection. If you keep the ball out of the Birds hands like that then you can beat them. If you split the game evenly then expect to get 50+ dropped on you.

Warner blew the first game and was the hero in this one. Bird mistakes were a plenty in this game and no need to mention them. It is quite evident that if you take half the mistakes they made and eliminate them they likely would have won this game and we would all be bored trying to think of interesting thread topics this week.
I have all the respect in the world for what Highlands has done over the years. No one will see the likes of their accomplishments again IMO. I do get tired of their arrogance and attitudes they bring to this board just as much as anyone else but guys, they'll more than likely still be State Champs again this year. That being said I do love seeing them being brought down a notch or two but on the other hand, did they not beat Ryle earlier in the year? I know it's not being talked about on here, just saying. Again, happy to see them come down to earth but I still give them their due. And on another note, I pull for them 100% against out of state teams. They have represented this state well. Bluebird fans just please try to be more gracious in victory. I will give you guys this though, most of what I read on here you were gracious losers. So kudos for that. Good luck the rest of the season......
TNT-MB1 Wrote:SK lost to ryle end of story... Win=a win as long as its a win.. Ryle beat all those teams & beat a way better team in highlands than sk is... Ryle is #1 in nky... Then Highlands at #2 & Sk at 3 with ncc not far behind.....

Lets see Sk lost in overtime to Ryle Highlands lost in regular play. SK scored more on Ryle than Highlands. How are you figuring that Highlands is a way better team than SK. Grow up you newby. We will see in the rematch of SK and Ryle in the playoffs. How do figure them to be #1 in NKY. Highlands beat them at the beginning of the season so the way I see it is Highlands is still number 1 as much as it pains me to say that. And those of you that now me you can vouch for that. It kills me.

But TNT you really need to look at the scores before you jump in running your trap.
At the end of the season the #2 team beat the # 1 team So That's makes the #2 team #1 or in other words Ryle is the #1 team in NKY, Highlands is #2.
We won't be talking about Ryle anymore in a few weeks.
Wow. Big win. Big surprise.
Wideleft01 Wrote:We won't be talking about Ryle anymore in a few weeks.

I think you're wrong on that one. I don't see them beating Trinity, but I do see them making the game the closest Trinity will have on their march to the sea.
When Ryle wins the 2nd time this year once again the neer fans will shut up again & yeah highlands is a way better team than sk a team.. that hung in with the likes of trinity in a scrimmage 49-42 at the beginning of the year.::: & highlands would crush sk hands down... & Ryle beat that team so yes just like in the coaches poll that proved it Ryle should be #1 in nky cuz they won rematch & are ranked 2nd 6a & 5th in whole state by the MASSEY rankings in all a divisions..,
Simon Kenton has or had three open dates that matched with Highlands and was asked by Highlands to play in 2010. SK wants no part of it. I'm sorry, but SK stature has dropped significantly because of their coach’s reluctance to compete.
nky Wrote:At the end of the season the #2 team beat the # 1 team So That's makes the #2 team #1 or in other words Ryle is the #1 team in NKY, Highlands is #2.

Just curious, if Highlands goes on to win state and Ryle doesn't make it to state or makes it but losses, would that make Highlands #1 in NKY again?

Just asking the question for fun and not taking anything away from Ryle. I believe they should be #1 in NKY.
tradition Wrote:Just curious, if Highlands goes on to win state and Ryle doesn't make it to state or makes it but losses, would that make Highlands #1 in NKY again?

Just asking the question for fun and not taking anything away from Ryle. I believe they should be #1 in NKY.
Don't think that would effect the end of the regular season poll since that is already in the books
tradition Wrote:Just curious, if Highlands goes on to win state and Ryle doesn't make it to state or makes it but losses, would that make Highlands #1 in NKY again?

5A is a joke compared to 6A,, c'mon man!:please:
nky Wrote:Don't think that would effect the end of the regular season poll since that is already in the books

Oh, didn't realize that was the end of the poll.
neerfan Wrote:Lets see Sk lost in overtime to Ryle Highlands lost in regular play. SK scored more on Ryle than Highlands. How are you figuring that Highlands is a way better team than SK. Grow up you newby. We will see in the rematch of SK and Ryle in the playoffs. How do figure them to be #1 in NKY. Highlands beat them at the beginning of the season so the way I see it is Highlands is still number 1 as much as it pains me to say that. And those of you that now me you can vouch for that. It kills me.

But TNT you really need to look at the scores before you jump in running your trap.

Yes we will. :dontthink
neerfan Wrote:Lets see Sk lost in overtime to Ryle Highlands lost in regular play. SK scored more on Ryle than Highlands. How are you figuring that Highlands is a way better team than SK. Grow up you newby. We will see in the rematch of SK and Ryle in the playoffs. How do figure them to be #1 in NKY. Highlands beat them at the beginning of the season so the way I see it is Highlands is still number 1 as much as it pains me to say that. And those of you that now me you can vouch for that. It kills me.

Neerfan, Have you ever considered moving to Ft. Thomas?:lmao: I really think it would improve your hostile posts..
Score doesn't always do the justice sk was 2nd or 3rd toughest game highlands win was toughest . Campbell also gave Ryle a scare & sk did put up a good fight but the team is 10x better than they were that nite that was. First game Ryle passing attack had any affect at all this season & sk has to beat a good Henry clay team to make it to the round where thu could was ryle & Henry has there qb back he's the real deal he can run for 200 & pass for. 200...
TNT-MB1 Wrote:Score doesn't always do the justice sk was 2nd or 3rd toughest game highlands win was toughest . Campbell also gave Ryle a scare & sk did put up a good fight but the team is 10x better than they were that nite that was. First game Ryle passing attack had any affect at all this season & sk has to beat a good Henry clay team to make it to the round where thu could was ryle & Henry has there qb back he's the real deal he can run for 200 & pass for. 200...

A good Henry Clay team?

Really would like to hear some thoughts on this question. It's a legit question being that polls don't end at the end of the regular season.
tradition Wrote:Really would like to hear some thoughts on this question. It's a legit question being that polls don't end at the end of the regular season.

It's certainly the case for all, but it will be subjective and not official. I still beleive in my mind that HHS is the better team. These two split during the season, and if HHS went on to win it all and Ryle did anything less than make it to the finals, then it is fair to give the mythical title to HHS. Bur for the record, Ryle goes down as the 2010 top ranked team in NKY since the voting has ended for the season by the Cincinnat Enquirer
Stardust Wrote:It's certainly the case for all, but it will be subjective and not official. I still beleive in my mind that HHS is the better team. These two split during the season, and if HHS went on to win it all and Ryle did anything less than make it to the finals, then it is fair to give the mythical title to HHS. Bur for the record, Ryle goes down as the 2010 top ranked team in NKY since the voting has ended for the season by the Cincinnat Enquirer

Wow, I didn't realize that a NKY team could win state and still not be the NKY #1 ranked team.
I get that you have multiple teams from NKY competeing and they all can't be #1 in NKY, but if you have two teams that actually win state of the hypothetical 4 and neither finished the season as #1 in NKY , just seems weird to me.

Then again their could be 6 teams or whatever that go to state and not one of them win state and then yea, I guess the #1 at the end of the season truly is the NKY #1.

OK, I'm rambling. Just playing out senerios and figuring things out.:biggrin:
tradition Wrote:Wow, I didn't realize that a NKY team could win state and still not be the NKY #1 ranked team.

The rankings are only for the regular season.
hop24 Wrote:5A is a joke compared to 6A,, c'mon man!:please:

I think the joke is on you. That is a ridiculious statement. There is 4 or 5 teams in 5A that could beat every team in 6A except Trinity.
adopted purple Wrote:I think the joke is on you. That is a ridiculious statement. There is 4 or 5 teams in 5A that could beat every team in 6A except Trinity.

No,there is not!