•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is the Middlesboro job open?
Amped 88 Wrote:I don't know if you guys really know anything about the program at all. Mboro has no athletes it will take someone at least 4 or 5 seasons to get things turned around because the 7th graders are the next best class. They are not a sleeping giant and there are no big names that have applied for this job. And you can take that to the BANK.

I know ALOT about this program. I played against them my whole life. They whipped on us the whole time in grade school and middle school. But when we got in the weight room and started working hard my class never came close to losing to them, even when they had the "great" Durrell White. I agree that it will take a long time to make this team good. You also have to look at their district its very easy except for Corbin. Which may only be there for one more year. I know it is going to take a coach that can reach out to the inner-city kids. and make the whole team want to work hard. They have got so use to not being dedicated that it will be hard to make them focus on football year around. I also know that they do not live in the weight room and may not even knoiw where it is. It has been that way since I can remember.
Is it true Coach Kenny Roark was at Breathitt Co. with his son last week looking for a job,the talk around town in Jackson is he will be here,thats a good move i think,son step right in as Qb and coach have a job as top assistant at big time program so what are they not to like!!
attacktheV Wrote:I know ALOT about this program. I played against them my whole life. They whipped on us the whole time in grade school and middle school. But when we got in the weight room and started working hard my class never came close to losing to them, even when they had the "great" Durrell White. I agree that it will take a long time to make this team good. You also have to look at their district its very easy except for Corbin. Which may only be there for one more year. I know it is going to take a coach that can reach out to the inner-city kids. and make the whole team want to work hard. They have got so use to not being dedicated that it will be hard to make them focus on football year around. I also know that they do not live in the weight room and may not even knoiw where it is. It has been that way since I can remember.

Where did you play at?
Amped 88 Wrote:Where did you play at?

God's Country! That little piece of heaven we all know as Log Mountain.
attacktheV Wrote:God's Country! That little piece of heaven we all know as Log Mountain.

Then you know how down the program is and that they have no athletes. They haven't beaten Bell County in middle school in a long time since around 2001 or 2002.
Amped 88 Wrote:Then you know how down the program is and that they have no athletes. They haven't beaten Bell County in middle school in a long time since around 2001 or 2002.

Yeah but I also have a feeling that Kenny lost a couple of those athletes through the years just from being Kenny. Some people believe speed can't be developed. I know it can be. You just got to convince them to chase greatness. That in its self is going to be a tall task. Sometimes you just have to make the non-athletic to believe they are athletic lol.
There are a number of good athletes that never played for Kenny because of the politics that many believed to go on with who played and who didn't. Hopefully the new coach will reduce the "playing favorites" crap and focus on winning and rebuilding the program.
Any word on the coaches that have applied ? Can't believe out of about 30 coaches that have applied we only know one name.
Amped 88 Wrote:The game would be terrible so let Bell play Alcoa or Green Co. It would be a massacre for Mboro.

How about Middlesboro playing Green Co. and let Bell and Alcoa play each other. I think the Middlesboro and Green will be more of an evenly matchup because they are both class AA and have roughly the same amount of kids on the team. I'm positive Bell and Alcoa will BOTH dress 80+ kids
Pigskinman53 Wrote:How about Middlesboro playing Green Co. and let Bell and Alcoa play each other. I think the Middlesboro and Green will be more of an evenly matchup because they are both class AA and have roughly the same amount of kids on the team. I'm positive Bell and Alcoa will BOTH dress 80+ kids

Bell won't dress 80 players they never have. Alcoa will for sure.
Bell would be lucky to dress 80+ with two seasons of players combined.
attacktheV Wrote:Bell would be lucky to dress 80+ with two seasons of players combined.

:Thumbs:
Amp, you and I are dominating this topic. I wish someone from the Boro would get on here and fill us in on the things they know. I am eager to hear the list of coaches. How long will this be dragged out ?
Heard they stopped taking applications and have some interviews completed. Still no names, but it shouldn't be long.
Dungy Wrote:Heard they stopped taking applications and have some interviews completed. Still no names, but it shouldn't be long.

I heard the same thing. I wouldn't think that it would be to long either. I have heard the name Brian Williams mentioned a few times but don't see him taking the job.
Amped 88 Wrote:I heard the same thing. I wouldn't think that it would be to long either. I have heard the name Brian Williams mentioned a few times but don't see him taking the job.

Now THAT would be interesting . . . Brian has over two decades of college coaching experience from Kentucky State to Ohio State.

I know he has a son playing for Prestonsburg. Maybe he's looking to return home, get closer to his kids.
Cut to 6 from around 45 yesterday. Will interview at the end of the week and next week. Should hire by the end of next week. No big names, no Brian Williams. However, that doesn't mean that they won't work hard. That is what Middlesboro needs. All have been head coaches or are now. Good coaches in the 6, but NO elite names applied....IMO they knew what shape it was in.
attacktheV Wrote:Bell would be lucky to dress 80+ with two seasons of players combined.

Well I guess my number was a little too high, but I would assume they would dress more than Green Co. or Middlesboro. I would actually think Bell would be able to compete with Alcoa this season, or maybe Dudley is looking for an undeafted season?
What's Boro's scehdule for 2010?
Pigskinman53 Wrote:Well I guess my number was a little too high, but I would assume they would dress more than Green Co. or Middlesboro. I would actually think Bell would be able to compete with Alcoa this season, or maybe Dudley is looking for an undeafted season?

The only time going undefeated is important is when it happens in the playoffs.
attacktheV Wrote:The only time going undefeated is important is when it happens in the playoffs.

Going 5-0 in the playoffs is Bell County's goal next season.
Heard Brian Crawford got the job. Any truth to this ?
Don't know about Crawford but from what I am hearing there has been some big name coaches turning down the offer. From what I am hearing they are not going to give the coach that comes in any say so in who can come with them or anything for that matter.:dontthink
Generals2010 Wrote:I am hearing they are not going to give the coach that comes in any say so in who can come with them or anything for that matter.:dontthink

If this is true then how do they expect the program to turn around. You can't bring a coach in and use the same coaches that were there before. It is obvious that they were part of the problem just not Kenny.
I think alot of possible Coaches are sniffing around and finding that the boro is a long way from being competitive anytime soon.
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:I think alot of possible Coaches are sniffing around and finding that the boro is a long way from being competitive anytime soon.

:Thumbs:
Generals2010 Wrote:Don't know about Crawford but from what I am hearing there has been some big name coaches turning down the offer. From what I am hearing they are not going to give the coach that comes in any say so in who can come with them or anything for that matter.:dontthink

General...there hasn't been any offers to any coach. Here is what is going to happen...Head Coach, inschool weight lifting...bring one assistant and same money that previous coach made. Didn't you inquire about that.
I know a coach that has applied for this Middlesboro job. Trust me Middlesboro fans, you will not be dissappointed if he gets the job. Has he won a state title, no. But, he knows his way around a weight room and he knows his Xs and Os. Middlesboro will be competitive in about two years under this guy. However, im not willing to share his name with you at this point.
Talk about rebuilding. One assistant coach ? That is laughable.:lmao:
Getting to bring assistant coaches with you to a new job is very difficult unless the place has money and jobs open. Most head coaches are pleased if they get to bring one assistant with them
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next