•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Coach Tom Greer is Retiring…. What’s next for Corbin Football…..
(05-09-2024, 11:19 PM)HighViz Wrote: This is pretty quiet. Someone spill the beans! Is it gonna be Mouser? Hart? Is Tom going to pick his successor? Who is realistically a big hire?

You wouldn't believe how many messages I have gotten that someone names Guy ...... And I was like are you out of your mind....I know its gonna be some guy and they said no, I mean Guy. I don't know, I never got it. But Mouser I really havn't heard that name mentioned. The name that keeps popping up is Justin Haddix from Boyle County. But those Boyle guys keeps saying he aint leaving. Greer picking someone....Hmmmmm. I don't think thats going to happen. I heard Greer had another gig. Dont know if thats true either but it will be announced down the road. As for a Hart, don't know a Hart that is a coach. I know a ref that is a Hart. Not sure if any Harts coach though. I tried to get ahold of Haddix but he turned his phone off because of spam calls and I cant get ahold of him at all to figure out if he has even heard there was a coaching opening down this way. I think Im going to send him a couple free boxes of Ice cream and a note to turn his phone on in case someone wants to talk to him about a opening, hint, hint. I don't know about all this stuff, I can't get anyone to comment and give any clues either way. Some thinks for some reason Mark Dixon is wanting to move to the area but his hair is too long and Im not sure that will work. Some thinks the ole Pikeville coach has had it with Jet Pilot and is ready to leave because he can't pack no more trophies around in that backpack, said his fingers is sore too where he wears them big rings. I dont buy it at all myself. There was some rumors that Nick Saban was actually thinking he had enough in the tank to maybe try High School football for a year or so but said he would need someone to drive him around. Makes no sense really. I guess Im gonna put in for the defensive coordinator job this time around in Corbin, I heard they need someone who will play boys both ways and blitz like Jackie Chan... Smile  I also did hear Elams name for about 2 seconds and really don't know what happened there. Not even sure that Corbin is really looking for a coach at the moment. I also heard they were thinking about just letting nature take its course and see who all applies....  Smile
(05-09-2024, 11:46 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(05-09-2024, 11:19 PM)HighViz Wrote: This is pretty quiet. Someone spill the beans! Is it gonna be Mouser? Hart? Is Tom going to pick his successor? Who is realistically a big hire?

You wouldn't believe how many messages I have gotten that someone names Guy ...... And I was like are you out of your mind....I know its gonna be some guy and they said no, I mean Guy. I don't know, I never got it. But Mouser I really havn't heard that name mentioned. The name that keeps popping up is Justin Haddix from Boyle County. But those Boyle guys keeps saying he aint leaving. Greer picking someone....Hmmmmm. I don't think thats going to happen. I heard Greer had another gig. Dont know if thats true either but it will be announced down the road. As for a Hart, don't know a Hart that is a coach. I know a ref that is a Hart. Not sure if any Harts coach though. I tried to get ahold of Haddix but he turned his phone off because of spam calls and I cant get ahold of him at all to figure out if he has even heard there was a coaching opening down this way. I think Im going to send him a couple free boxes of Ice cream and a note to turn his phone on in case someone wants to talk to him about an opening, hint, hint. I don't know about all this stuff, I can't get anyone to comment and give any clues either way. Some thinks for some reason Mark Dixon is wanting to move to the area but his hair is too long and Im not sure that will work. Some thinks the ole Pikeville coach has had it with Jet Pilot and is ready to leave because he can't pack no more trophies around in that backpack, said his fingers is sore too where he wears them big rings. I dont buy it at all myself. There was some rumors that Nick Saban was actually thinking he had enough in the tank to maybe try High School football for a year or so but said he would need someone to drive him around. Makes no sense really. I guess Im gonna put in for the defensive coordinator job this time around in Corbin, I heard they need someone who will play boys both ways and blitz like Jackie Chan... Smile  I also did hear Elams name for about 2 seconds and really don't know what happened there. Not even sure that Corbin is really looking for a coach at the moment. I also heard they were thinking about just letting nature take its course and see who all applies....  Smile
Does Jeremy hart not coach anymore? That’s the one with the wife that really wants Justin Haddix back in red.  

I’ll be darned if I ain’t with her.   But, I just don’t see it.
(05-10-2024, 01:13 AM)HighViz Wrote:
(05-09-2024, 11:46 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:

You wouldn't believe how many messages I have gotten that someone names Guy ...... And I was like are you out of your mind....I know its gonna be some guy and they said no, I mean Guy. I don't know, I never got it. But Mouser I really havn't heard that name mentioned. The name that keeps popping up is Justin Haddix from Boyle County. But those Boyle guys keeps saying he aint leaving. Greer picking someone....Hmmmmm. I don't think thats going to happen. I heard Greer had another gig. Dont know if thats true either but it will be announced down the road. As for a Hart, don't know a Hart that is a coach. I know a ref that is a Hart. Not sure if any Harts coach though. I tried to get ahold of Haddix but he turned his phone off because of spam calls and I cant get ahold of him at all to figure out if he has even heard there was a coaching opening down this way. I think Im going to send him a couple free boxes of Ice cream and a note to turn his phone on in case someone wants to talk to him about an opening, hint, hint. I don't know about all this stuff, I can't get anyone to comment and give any clues either way. Some thinks for some reason Mark Dixon is wanting to move to the area but his hair is too long and Im not sure that will work. Some thinks the ole Pikeville coach has had it with Jet Pilot and is ready to leave because he can't pack no more trophies around in that backpack, said his fingers is sore too where he wears them big rings. I dont buy it at all myself. There was some rumors that Nick Saban was actually thinking he had enough in the tank to maybe try High School football for a year or so but said he would need someone to drive him around. Makes no sense really. I guess Im gonna put in for the defensive coordinator job this time around in Corbin, I heard they need someone who will play boys both ways and blitz like Jackie Chan... Smile  I also did hear Elams name for about 2 seconds and really don't know what happened there. Not even sure that Corbin is really looking for a coach at the moment. I also heard they were thinking about just letting nature take its course and see who all applies....  Smile
Does Jeremy hart not coach anymore? That’s the one with the wife that really wants Justin Haddix back in red.  

I’ll be darned if I ain’t with her.   But, I just don’t see it.
I was thinking head coaches. Not a line coach. I forgot about him.

You know the answer to all of those questions.  NO, NO, NO ,   and wait and see who gets out of the helicopter !!!
It is starting to heat up... hearing that Greer is taking an administration job in neighboring county. As I stated before, this search is similar to UK in replacing Cal... They have made a "HUGE" offer to Haddix but heard alot of the "old-timers" were not happy and the HS principal was upset and voiced his displeasure. I did hear a name that seems to be picking up steam should the top picks say no - Jerry Bird. Was told he has reached out and expressed interest. He is currently at South Carolina State.
(05-10-2024, 08:29 AM)Grannyshot Wrote: It is starting to heat up... hearing that Greer is taking an administration job in neighboring county. As I stated before, this search is similar to UK in replacing Cal... They have made a "HUGE" offer to Haddix but heard alot of the "old-timers" were not happy and the HS principal was upset and voiced his displeasure. I did hear a name that seems to be picking up steam should the top picks say no - Jerry Bird. Was told he has reached out and expressed interest. He is currently at South Carolina State.

[Image: https://img.izismile.com/img/img13/20200...ues_01.gif]

I heard this has messed up the statue presentation those old timers had planned for themselves  Smile . They seem to be too busy at the moment to care about much.. Im not sure which one this statue is of. Some say Greer, some say others. You guys decide...
[-] The following 1 user Likes Bull got out!'s post:
  • Cowboy42
(05-10-2024, 08:54 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(05-10-2024, 08:29 AM)Grannyshot Wrote: It is starting to heat up... hearing that Greer is taking an administration job in neighboring county. As I stated before, this search is similar to UK in replacing Cal... They have made a "HUGE" offer to Haddix but heard alot of the "old-timers" were not happy and the HS principal was upset and voiced his displeasure. I did hear a name that seems to be picking up steam should the top picks say no - Jerry Bird. Was told he has reached out and expressed interest. He is currently at South Carolina State.

I heard this has messed up the statue presentation those old timers had planned for themselves  Smile . They seem to be too busy at the moment to care about much.. Im not sure which one this statue is of. Some say Greer, some say others. You guys decide...
HAHA! The varsity club and the old-timers are wanting to create a Corbin Football Mt Rushmore type of statue at the field but they cant agree on who should be on it because they ALL want to be on it. And most of the ones wanting on the statue were bench warmers or never played.
[-] The following 2 users Like Grannyshot's post:
  • Bull got out!, Cowboy42
Jewel should just retire and ride off into the sunset. The current principal that has one year at most left should have zero say so. Thinking like SJ, DC, BF and others have held this program back.
(05-10-2024, 08:54 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:

Big Grin this made me laugh out loud thanks!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Son of the Alamo's post:
  • Bull got out!

Jerry Bird is dead , so he's not walking through those gates, not Pearly or otherwise. Steve, however, is still alive. Surprised that EKU never gave Steve a shot. He's as much of a legend in Richmond as he was in Corbin. 

On a side note, the "old timers" can kiss my fat, white ass!!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Corbin
Had breakfast with the three wisemen this morning. I would tell you the rest but last time I did they seemed to be doubt in the air…Let’s just say the 5 for 5 meal menu at Wendy’s wont be a constant reminder to some in Corbin…Have a great weekend folks….
[-] The following 1 user Likes Cowboy42's post:
  • Bull got out!
(05-10-2024, 06:03 PM)Cowboy42 Wrote: Had breakfast with the three wisemen this morning. I would tell you the rest but last time I did they seemed to be doubt in the air…Let’s just say the 5 for 5 meal menu at Wendy’s wont be a constant reminder to some in Corbin…Have a great weekend folks….

[Image: https://gifsec.com/wp-content/uploads/20...gif-18.gif]
  • Cowboy42
(05-10-2024, 06:03 PM)Cowboy42 Wrote: Had breakfast with the three wisemen this morning. I would tell you the rest but last time I did they seemed to be doubt in the air…Let’s just say the 5 for 5 meal menu at Wendy’s wont be a constant reminder to some in Corbin…Have a great weekend folks….

For God sakes, man, are you Jesus?  Quit speaking in parables and spit it out!!!  If you were a pro wrestler, you'd wear a mask and be from "parts unknown."
[-] The following 2 users Like Old School Hound's post:
  • Cowboy42, Old School 18
Just a quick point of reference ...Beechwood was 3-1 against Corbin ... Corbin wasn't ruling 1A. Pretty sure Corbin wasn't going to run 1A or 2A with Beechwood, Mayfield or Pikeville around. Top tier ... yes. Dominate No.

How about Mike Holcomb ....after all Haddix played for him. It may be the closest that you guys get to bringing Haddix back.
As long as Dave Cox is raptured by a demon from the pits of hell, it'll all be a WIN-WIN.

How about this guy?   Ruggedly handsome, a KY HS football legend,  #1 NFL draft pick ,  Eastern KY roots , and maybe most importantly , he has had intimate relations with a Playboy model. In fact, he married her.  Also, his HS mentor and coach was a former Corbin Redhound coach. So, there are connections. What's coaching experience when you date Playboy models?

(05-10-2024, 03:46 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

Jerry Bird is dead , so he's not walking through those gates, not Pearly or otherwise. Steve, however, is still alive. Surprised that EKU never gave Steve a shot. He's as much of a legend in Richmond as he was in Corbin. 

On a side note, the "old timers" can kiss my fat, white ass!!!

Sorry OSH.. meant to say Steve Bird.. He has def expressed interest.
(05-10-2024, 08:58 PM)KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote: Just a quick point of reference ...Beechwood was 3-1 against Corbin ... Corbin wasn't ruling 1A. Pretty sure Corbin wasn't going to run 1A or 2A with Beechwood, Mayfield or Pikeville around. Top tier ... yes. Dominate No.

How about Mike Holcomb ....after all Haddix played for him. It may be the closest that you guys get to bringing Haddix back.

I have nothing but respect for Beechwood

Sep 8, 2017 Beechwood 36 Corbin 29
Sep 7, 2018 Corbin 21 Beechwood 14
Sep 13, 2019 Beechwood 26 Corbin 10
Sep 11, 2020 Beechwood 20 Corbin 14

Possible titles per say and my opinion for food for thought not saying I'm right but could be.
Corbin beat Beechwood in regular season in 2018 so let's just say 1 championship per say, then the next year in Corbin's what is called Justins down year since Corbin had a heavy graduation but lost to Somerset by 1 point but Somerset also won the 2A title that year, I would have to argue that because when they played Beechwood, that was early in the season and Corbin was getting better by the end of the year under Justin Haddix back then. Then the next year in 2020 was Tom Greers first year and new coaching staff and of course loses to Beechwood in the opener by 6 points first game but also by season end
 Corbin would have won 1A and may have won 2A in 2019. I watched every team in 2021-2023 in 1A and 2A and 3A and other than 4A I would safely say that Corbin would have been a very safe bet to win 1A - 3A in those years. Also in 2023, you could arguably say Corbin could have won any class in Kentucky other than 4a because of Boyle being the overall best team in Kentucky last year. 
Corbin definitely has just been in a tuff road to the finals for a while, and not making any excuses but really, they have, when they were in 3A so was some other very tuff teams well coached those year that Corbin was a contender and in 4A Corbin is a contender but so was 4 other teams and no doubt we all know how that played out. But I'll give Corbin some credit, they have a dang worthy team that very well could have hoisted some trophies given if they were in different classes but it's not just Corbin. Johnson Central went through this for years as well running into a buzz saw in the playoffs every year and given, they were in a different class could have had a ton of more titles. I'm sure there are others. Let's just say even Raceland would hoist some trophies if Pikeville was in 2A or 4A. We could go back and forth all day but it's the truth. Timing, class also has a lot to do with titles. Now not knocking Pikeville, I'm as big as a fan of Pikeville as anyone but Pikeville is in a class of its own right now and no doubt capable of beating teams in 2A-5A in some years. One year, Pikeville was so good, I was shocked every time they whipped a higher-class opponent because they were not expected to win, and they not only won but kicked butt.

Nov 30, 2018 Beechwood 21 Pikeville 20 2018 Class 1A KHSAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl Championship 
Nov 1, 19 Corbin loses to Somerset at home (L) 26 - 27
Dec 18, 20 Beechwood wins over Lexington Christian at Kroger Field (W) 24 - 23 Click Class 2A 2020 UK Orthopaedics State Football Finals Championship OT 
(05-11-2024, 09:01 AM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(05-10-2024, 08:58 PM)KentuckyHillBilly5321 Wrote: Just a quick point of reference ...Beechwood was 3-1 against Corbin ... Corbin wasn't ruling 1A. Pretty sure Corbin wasn't going to run 1A or 2A with Beechwood, Mayfield or Pikeville around. Top tier ... yes. Dominate No.

Possible titles per say and my opinion for food for thought not saying I'm right but could be.
Corbin beat Beechwood in regular season in 2018 so let's just say 1 championship per say, then the next year in Corbin's what is called Justins down year since Corbin had a heavy graduation but lost to Somerset by 1 point but Somerset also won the 2A title that year, I would have to argue that because when they played Beechwood, that was early in the season and Corbin was getting better by the end of the year under Justin Haddix back then. Then the next year in 2020 was Tom Greers first year and new coaching staff and of course loses to Beechwood in the opener by 6 points first game but also by season end
 Corbin would have won 1A and may have won 2A in 2019. I watched every team in 2021-2023 in 1A and 2A and 3A and other than 4A I would safely say that Corbin would have been a very safe bet to win 1A - 3A in those years. Also in 2023, you could arguably say Corbin could have won any class in Kentucky other than 4a because of Boyle being the overall best team in Kentucky last year. 
Corbin definitely has just been in a tuff road to the finals for a while, and not making any excuses but really, they have, when they were in 3A so was some other very tuff teams well coached those year that Corbin was a contender and in 4A Corbin is a contender but so was 4 other teams and no doubt we all know how that played out. But I'll give Corbin some credit, they have a dang worthy team that very well could have hoisted some trophies given if they were in different classes but it's not just Corbin. Johnson Central went through this for years as well running into a buzz saw in the playoffs every year and given, they were in a different class could have had a ton of more titles. I'm sure there are others. Let's just say even Raceland would hoist some trophies if Pikeville was in 2A or 4A. We could go back and forth all day but it's the truth. Timing, class also has a lot to do with titles. Now not knocking Pikeville, I'm as big as a fan of Pikeville as anyone but Pikeville is in a class of its own right now and no doubt capable of beating teams in 2A-5A in some years. One year, Pikeville was so good, I was shocked every time they whipped a higher-class opponent because they were not expected to win, and they not only won but kicked butt.

Nov 30, 2018 Beechwood 21 Pikeville 20 2018 Class 1A KHSAA Commonwealth Gridiron Bowl Championship 
Dec 18, 20 Beechwood wins over Lexington Christian at Kroger Field (W) 24 - 23 Click Class 2A 2020 UK Orthopaedics State Football Finals Championship OT 

Hoot Gibson called. He wants his class snobbery back.  According to Hoot, schools like Pikeville and Beechwood have no chance against the Corbins and Johnson Centrals of the world because that enrollment number is just too much to overcome. Now, in most years, it is difficult for a good 1A team to win against the big boys of 4A and 5A, but there have been years when Pikeville or Beechwood  was very capable.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old School Hound's post:
  • Bull got out!
(05-11-2024, 07:31 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

Hoot Gibson called. He wants his class snobbery back.  According to Hoot, schools like Pikeville and Beechwood have no chance against the Corbins and Johnson Centrals of the world because that enrollment number is just too much to overcome. Now, in most years, it is difficult for a good 1A team to win against the big boys of 4A and 5A, but there have been years when Pikeville or Beechwood  was very capable.

I'll have to be honest; Beechwood and Mayfield and Pikeville are teams I root for. Ole 64 and me was coming home watching Mayfield and Beechwood on that Red Helmet broadcast and loving it. Got to root for those programs that are tradition rich and play good football. When Hargett was QB, I watched a lot of Beechwood games, my favorite was when he threw the touchdown and 2-point conversion the year they almost got upset by West Carter and Hargett solidified his Mr. Football to me in that game. Then another of my favorite was when Pikeville drilled LCA.... Not throwing shade to LCA but Pikeville has won some huge games against some tuff teams well coached the last couple of years. Then last season was one to remember for Mayfield, man watching that Paducah Tilghman game was crazy and then to see Mayfield win it. Good football.
(05-12-2024, 10:37 PM)Bull got out! Wrote:
(05-11-2024, 07:31 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:

I'll have to be honest; Beechwood and Mayfield and Pikeville are teams I root for. Ole 64 and me was coming home watching Mayfield and Beechwood on that Red Helmet broadcast and loving it. Got to root for those programs that are tradition rich and play good football. When Hargett was QB, I watched a lot of Beechwood games, my favorite was when he threw the touchdown and 2-point conversion the year they almost got upset by West Carter and Hargett solidified his Mr. Football to me in that game. Then another of my favorite was when Pikeville drilled LCA.... Not throwing shade to LCA but Pikeville has won some huge games against some tuff teams well coached the last couple of years. Then last season was one to remember for Mayfield, man watching that Paducah Tilghman game was crazy and then to see Mayfield win it. Good football.
I respect the hell out of Mayfield, Pikeville, and Beechwood. We played Mayfield in back-to back title games in '76 and '77, when I was in HS. We lost by 1-pt in '77 when our two-pt. conversion was stopped inches short of the goal line. Middlesboro and Somerset were big time small school programs back in the day. Corbin-MBoro was something to behold back in the 70's and '80's.
[-] The following 2 users Like Old School Hound's post:
  • Bull got out!, Gitback Coach
Well looks as if Corbins first winning field goal attempt to hire a good coach comes up short and a little to the right as Coach Haddix says "thanks but no thanks as long as Jewel and Cox are still there". As I stated earlier, this was the Hurley offer.. The 2nd attempt will be made this week but if this goes wide right look for the "ol'buddy" system to prevail and they will make a "Pope" hire...
[-] The following 1 user Likes Grannyshot's post:
  • RunItUpTheGut
(05-13-2024, 10:15 AM)Grannyshot Wrote: Well looks as if Corbins first winning field goal attempt to hire a good  coach comes up short and a little to the right as Coach Haddix says "thanks but no thanks as long as Jewel and Cox are still there". As I stated earlier, this was the Hurley offer.. The 2nd attempt will be made this week but if this goes wide right look for the "ol'buddy" system to prevail and they will make a "Pope" hire...

Let’s be real, Haddix was never coming back to Corbin even if you fired everyone in Corbin admin. Anyone without blinders on laughed at the suggestion that he was returning given the many reasons he has to never even consider that job. Then add in that great, championship level coaches don’t jump ship from their team 12 weeks before the start of the season and there was zero chance of a Haddix return to Corbin.

I’m guessing the replacement for Greer was determined long ago and the timing of this retirement was intentional. Making an offer to a guy you know would say no makes it appear like you are trying and with that you appease the masses. I think there is a strong chance that Corbin will either be getting an interim head coach from someone on staff presently or going back a former Corbin head coach or maybe a former teammate of the same guys who always pull the strings of Corbin football. The interim route with a real coaching search after the season seems like the best course but not sure if that will happen or is even desired by those in power.

Either way, time is ticking, 88 days until kickoff of the first scrimmage
[-] The following 1 user Likes fansville's post:
  • Hatz

Dang Bull you crazy lol. Pikeville would have beat the brakes off of Corbin in 2019. Pikeville finished 7th overall Calpreps, Corbin 51st lol. Then Pikeville did this (43-0) in the championship to a team that still finished 15 spots above Corbin.

https://calpreps.com/2019/ratings/Kentucky_all.htm

[-] The following 1 user Likes jetpilot's post:
  • Bull got out!
(05-13-2024, 10:45 AM)jetpilot Wrote:

Dang Bull you crazy lol. Pikeville would have beat the brakes off of Corbin in 2019. Pikeville finished 7th overall Calpreps, Corbin 51st lol. Then Pikeville did this in the championship to a team that still finished 15 spots above Corbin.

I drove some vehicles with no brakes Jett. Leave me alone… 
Smile
  • jetpilot
We can't be overly surprised Greer left this late. Ensures that the hire will have to be from within or rushed, and that the team will likely have a worse year than they did last year. Now Tom looks like a guru and a great coach, and everyone can stroke his ego. All about the big C!
(05-13-2024, 11:05 AM)Waitaminute Wrote: We can't be overly surprised Greer left this late. Ensures that the hire will have to be from within or rushed, and that the team will likely have a worse year than they did last year. Now Tom looks like a guru and a great coach, and everyone can stroke his ego. All about the big C!

If they were to have a worse year than last year, it's likely to come down to nothing more than players and talent level. Nothing more. That's not just for Corbin, but practically everybody. This isn't near the first, nor close, job to come open at the "end of the year" (a time frame that I've always considered, for what it's worth, after Spring Break in April until Dead Period).  

I, as have others, have seen jobs come open late coming off not so good years, only to have a really good year and then ones coming off great years only to fall off some in the coming fall.  The vast majority of the time, with very few exceptions, the season(s) and games come down to schedule and players.

I don't think anything more illustrated that better than the '24 Corbin team. Did they win it all? No, obviously. Despite that, were they the 2nd best team in the state, regardless of class? I think that's a resounding yes. Did they have some big time players? No doubt. Did Boyle? Likewise.  Fact of the matter is, FWIW & it's a complete hypothetical, but if those two played 10 times with last year's squads? That series is likely split 5/5.
(05-13-2024, 10:15 AM)Grannyshot Wrote: Well looks as if Corbins first winning field goal attempt to hire a good  coach comes up short and a little to the right as Coach Haddix says "thanks but no thanks as long as Jewel and Cox are still there". As I stated earlier, this was the Hurley offer.. The 2nd attempt will be made this week but if this goes wide right look for the "ol'buddy" system to prevail and they will make a "Pope" hire...

it was a real possibility there for a couple days…don’t know if that’s the actual reason for not taking it, but you’ve pretty much nailed everything I’ve heard so far.
(05-13-2024, 10:40 AM)fansville Wrote:

Let’s be real, Haddix was never coming back to Corbin even if you fired everyone in Corbin admin. Anyone without blinders on laughed at the suggestion that he was returning given the many reasons he has to never even consider that job. Then add in that great, championship level coaches don’t jump ship from their team 12 weeks before the start of the season and there was zero chance of a Haddix return to Corbin.

I’m guessing the replacement for Greer was determined long ago and the timing of this retirement was intentional. Making an offer to a guy you know would say no makes it appear like you are trying and with that you appease the masses. I think there is a strong chance that Corbin will either be getting an interim head coach from someone on staff presently or going back a former Corbin head coach or maybe a former teammate of the same guys who always pull the strings of Corbin football. The interim route with a real coaching search after the season seems like the best course but not sure if that will happen or is even desired by those in power.

You may be correct and it may not have been possible, but they made him say "NO" with a great offer.  I am like you and never thought so myself but he did listen and ask questions... Maybe he used this as a leveraging tool to get a little extra from Boyle.  Only he knows the truth.. AS for the interim route.. This is not going to happen. They are NOT going to go the interim route. They have already squashed that thought...
(05-13-2024, 01:23 PM)Grannyshot Wrote:
(05-13-2024, 10:40 AM)fansville Wrote:

You may be correct and it may not have been possible, but they made him say "NO" with a great offer.  I am like you and never thought so myself but he did listen and ask questions... Maybe he used this as a leveraging tool to get a little extra from Boyle.  Only he knows the truth.. AS for the interim route.. This is not going to happen. They are NOT going to go the interim route. They have already squashed that thought...

Head from a very reliable source they actually already named one of the assistants interim while the coaching search goes on, so there is that.
not what I’m hearing.. but I can’t hear sometimes lol.  Smile
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next