Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Future for Pike Central....
coaches must have seen something in mullins .....imo
Hawksfan Wrote:Savannah does have quite a few turnovers but so does Jamie Mullins, all I am stating is that as far as being a point guard and getting your teamates involved I would pick Fields over Mullins. I am not saying that Mullins is not a good basketball player, I am just stating the fact that she is not a true point guard. The coaches really need to give these two a shot on the court together with Fields at the point and Mullins at the 2 spot, I know I am sure they have been on the court at the same time but I am talking giving them to time to adapt to each other's strong points cause Mullins is very active and I think that she could help Fields on the offensive end of the floor, cause if you read one of my earlier posts I talked about how Fields needed help on offense because no one was coming back to the ball and so therefore she was drawing double team before she could get rid of the ball and thus usually turning it over.

That might not be a bad idea.

However... You have to think. Mullins is a freshman. This is really her first time EVER playing point gaurd. She's still used to being the 2 & 3 positions and just getting the ball and taking it to the basket. Give her some time to practice and mature. She'll be an alright point gaurd some day. Mullins and fields can be like Robinson and Wiliams in the post area. Theres always going to be a thing where which one is better... imo, Mullins would probably be better BECAUSE she's a little older and more experienced. Fields is hot on her trail though. She'll be as good if not better than Mullins when shes a freshman. Just like Robinson is IN MY OPINION, better than Williams. There's always going to be ONE that SOMEONE thinks is better. Someone may think that Fields is better than Mullins. Its all a matter of opinion. Give them ALL time to mature. It is JV afterall.
Totally And Completely Agree!
I argee
well i just wish these girls the best of luck with the rest of the season!
"Mullins would probably be better [than Fields] BECAUSE she's a little older and more experienced."

I should help make that better. When fields is a freshman, she'll probably be at the same level as Mullins is now. Not that she's any less better than an 8th grader should be... I think she's better than most 8th graders... I just hope that no one took that offensive. I am a Fields AND Mullins Fan.... Better yet.... I'm a HAWKS fan. I support everyone.

"Just like Robinson is IN MY OPINION, better than Williams."

I should rephrase that. No hard feelings towards Williams. I'm just saying there are more things that Robinson is better at then Williams. But that happens with all kinds of people. On most things they're equal. but... not ALL.
Well i agree with you that mullins and fields are both good,same as williams and robinson.....but if you are trying to say that age has to do with the way they play...williams is older than robinson....but you might just think robinson is better...idk..just pointing that out..LOL
15regiongurlsbball Wrote:Well i agree with you that mullins and fields are both good,same as williams and robinson.....but if you are trying to say that age has to do with the way they play...williams is older than robinson....but you might just think robinson is better...idk..just pointing that out..LOL

Well... Which do you think is better?
I honestly think Williams is better...
honestly i think they are equal in talent ! BUT THATS IMO AND YOU HAVE YOURS.
well I think to many people just keep going back and forth on who is good who's not, and who should start and who shouldn't and I think it is just getting pointless we all have are own opinions,I think everyone should stop putting the girls down after all they are jv they will get better.
I have seen of games, but i have never seen s.fields shoot the ball all the time she at least looks to see who is open and whos not. As for the mullins girl all she wants to do is dribble and shoot she don't even look to see who is open and who isn't and that's not a point guard for ya. I have seen serveral people open and she won't even pass it to them but what does she do she either shoots and misses or gets the ball taken from her.

15th_b-ball Wrote:mullins can infact dribble with her left hand i have seen her do it and why in the world would u pick fields over mullins...i dont mean to mean or anything but all she does when she gets in is pass and wait for the player to pass it back so she can shoot...that dont sound like a good point to me...plus half the time she misses
I think s. fields has got potential to be a great point guard she is a liitle younger than the mullins girl i think s. fields with a camps under her belt will do wanders next year for the lady hawks.

15regiongurlsbball Wrote:nice to see atleast someone else has the same opinion as me......i think ppl should give players credit when they do good! not just dog them when they make mistakes look at the potential theses girls have....i just think mullins has more potential at point then fields....dont get me wrong fields as some serious potential ,but IMO not at point...IMO IMO
S. Fields from what i have seen does care about JV she cares about basketball period she loves the game. And from what i have seen she hustles just as much as the other girls on the team. I think they all hustle and have potential some are just better at it then others.
Smile
15thballin Wrote:Fields act like she doesnt care about JV at all. And Mullins you can she gets out there and hustles for the team.Everyone makes mistakes
All the girls on the JV team are good players and have potential to be really good players. I think that everyone on that team needs to work together as a team. And that means passing the ball and looking for the open person no matter who that person is because believe you me i have seen some of the girls lose the ball just to keep from passing it to a certain player on the team. Everyone of you are equal and there is not one of you that is is better than the other.

:dontthink
I agree she will get better,Fields, Mullins are both good I don't see why everyone is so worried about it, The coaches will play who they want to play, and besides I think some people just get on here to dog the girls anyways, If you go back thru the pages on this thread and read it again you will see some people one time will say fields is better then the next time the same person will say mullins, just like if you go look one time 15thballin said she thought williams was better than robinson then another time she had said they were equal..lol..... so I guess it depends on what kind of mood they are in as to what they will say.. I think people should just say...IMO.... and not go back and forth with each other all the time we all have are own OPINIONS... like some people thinks T.Murphy is great some really don't think she's that hot, some think williams is better than robinson some don't and so on I could go on all day but the fact is it is all OPINIONS.... so girls just do the best you can and you can be proud of yourselfs no matter what people say on here because I think some of the people are players thereselfs and maybe they are just mad because some plays more than them or because they think people think someone else is better than they are.
JUST_SAY_IT Wrote:I agree she will get better,Fields, Mullins are both good I don't see why everyone is so worried about it, The coaches will play who they want to play, and besides I think some people just get on here to dog the girls anyways, If you go back thru the pages on this thread and read it again you will see some people one time will say fields is better then the next time the same person will say mullins, just like if you go look one time 15thballin said she thought williams was better than robinson then another time she had said they were equal..lol..... so I guess it depends on what kind of mood they are in as to what they will say.. I think people should just say...IMO.... and not go back and forth with each other all the time we all have are own OPINIONS... like some people thinks T.Murphy is great some really don't think she's that hot, some think williams is better than robinson some don't and so on I could go on all day but the fact is it is all OPINIONS.... so girls just do the best you can and you can be proud of yourselfs no matter what people say on here because I think some of the people are players thereselfs and maybe they are just mad because some plays more than them or because they think people think someone else is better than they are.

:Clap: Nice post!!!
AGREED!! [size=2]just opinions, no one needs to dogg these girls they all have potential,every single gurl! How do you all think these girls will do against East Ridge( its a freshman game Monday)......IMO PC by 8+[/size]
Like you said b4. The only girls that's not going to get to play is Williams and Fields (Williams is a sophomore, Fields is a Junior). Is that all?

How is Robinson going to handle not getting a break from Williams and/or Fields? Can she deal with it all by herself?
idk, but if she needs a break they have murphy,mullins,howell,blackburn in there they will be all right! thats the good thing about pc. If one gets tired they can sub in and it really dont hurt...i mean theres no other post on jv and freshman other than fields,willams & robinson......but t. murphy can go in the paint for a while i think she can handle it! shes touugh too if she was taller she could be a big man...but i think they will do good!
Then girls no how to play team ball!
no savanna does not have a bad attitude like me ... she is nothing like her cousin paige lowe .... she has alot of talent and she is going to be heck of a ball player if she keeps it up and people quits running there mouth to her ... she just gets very fustrated cause shes young and this is like her 1st year at pc and i was the same way ... and if she took the ball in her own hands and didnt pass as much they might win a little more .... shes a very talented kid i am not just saying that cause shes my cousin but she is nothing like me i speak my mind when i want any time i want shes a very quite and nice person .. she might have a attitude sometimes just because she gets agervated but everyone is like that and u cant say u arent .... because u are ...
but i will help her on her attitude next year when i come back.... .. and yeah what the 15 region fan is saying yeah chill out you guys need to quit dogging these girls that have alot to learn and a while to go ... so i think u guys need to mature and quit talking about an 8th grader that has 4 more years to go ... and u all that run your mouth you guys are the ones that dont make it anywere people like savanna will go somewere cause she keeps it all inside.... and yeah she might make alot of turnovers and alot of mistakes but hello she is 13 years old and shes playing 4 a high school team thats great .... i started playing for pc when i was in the 6th grade and i made turnovers then and i make them till this day and i will forever ... so u all need to quit talking about turnovers everyone makes them .... and no mullins is not better than fields savanna is a whole alot better than alot of those girls on the basketball team i ahve seen savanna play since she was a little girl and shes great she doesnt show everything out on that floor but she plays her heart out in pratice and at her house everyday not many b ball players get out of pratice and come straight home and pratice at there house .... but savanna does and it will show off in the end .... and savanna hunnie dont u worrie about these little jealous little imature brats they might grow up some day and quit talking smack... its in your heart and you will go somewere someday dont be like me and listen to everyone else and put yourself down and sit out like me that is the worse thing u can ever do ... do pay any attention to anyone on here or anyones mouth ...just the coaches and everything will be fine sweetheart u just play your game and go were your heart tells u to go ....
oh and you guys need to listen to 15 region fan they no what they are talking about !!!
oh and savanna i know theres ppl out there that think i have a terrible attitude u dont worrie about that ... i no i ahve a attitude just when i am playing ball i just get agervated cause i know when i mess up i can do better thats why i get that way but dotn let ppl think u are like me cause u arent ... u play your game and u show mullins up and let her know that u are the one.... love ya sis
this is for you Paige Lowe aka baskball, lol
I have heard some of the players tell Savanna not to shoot just because she misses one shot, and the coaches tell her to shoot, and she never wants anyone mad at her so she won't shoot.which is really bad because that girl has alot of talent.and you can not tell me that the girls that tell her not to shoot have not ever missed a shoot beforecome on people I agree with you paige . you need to tell your little cousin not to listen to the other players when she has a open shot she should take it....
because you never listened to the other players you listened to Tussey and I for one loved to watch you play ball hope to see you next year .I think the team has alot of talent, if everyone would just stop with the crap and play some ball it would be nice.
basketball Wrote:no savanna does not have a bad attitude like me ... she is nothing like her cousin paige lowe .... she has alot of talent and she is going to be heck of a ball player if she keeps it up and people quits running there mouth to her ... she just gets very fustrated cause shes young and this is like her 1st year at pc and i was the same way ... and if she took the ball in her own hands and didnt pass as much they might win a little more .... shes a very talented kid i am not just saying that cause shes my cousin but she is nothing like me i speak my mind when i want any time i want shes a very quite and nice person .. she might have a attitude sometimes just because she gets agervated but everyone is like that and u cant say u arent .... because u are ...
but i will help her on her attitude next year when i come back.... .. and yeah what the 15 region fan is saying yeah chill out you guys need to quit dogging these girls that have alot to learn and a while to go ... so i think u guys need to mature and quit talking about an 8th grader that has 4 more years to go ... and u all that run your mouth you guys are the ones that dont make it anywere people like savanna will go somewere cause she keeps it all inside.... and yeah she might make alot of turnovers and alot of mistakes but hello she is 13 years old and shes playing 4 a high school team thats great .... i started playing for pc when i was in the 6th grade and i made turnovers then and i make them till this day and i will forever ... so u all need to quit talking about turnovers everyone makes them .... and no mullins is not better than fields savanna is a whole alot better than alot of those girls on the basketball team i ahve seen savanna play since she was a little girl and shes great she doesnt show everything out on that floor but she plays her heart out in pratice and at her house everyday not many b ball players get out of pratice and come straight home and pratice at there house .... but savanna does and it will show off in the end .... and savanna hunnie dont u worrie about these little jealous little imature brats they might grow up some day and quit talking smack... its in your heart and you will go somewere someday dont be like me and listen to everyone else and put yourself down and sit out like me that is the worse thing u can ever do ... do pay any attention to anyone on here or anyones mouth ...just the coaches and everything will be fine sweetheart u just play your game and go were your heart tells u to go ....

WOW!
OK Savanna doesnt have a bad attuidude at all...the only reason she's not starting and doesnt get to play much anymore is because someone told the coaches she quit when she never showed up for prac., she skipped it
No from what i heard she didn't have a way to practice both her grandparents where sick and her mom works and and couldn't get back in time to take her and she didn't have anyone to take her. Savanna loves basketball to much to just skip it. Like know one has ever missed.
OK its over and done with.... anyone who knows anything about pike centrals JV team KNOWS savanna did NOT quit shes there for every game..JUST BECAUSE SHE MISSED ONE PRACTICE, doesnt mean she doesn't like basketball.....Theres 1 or 2 JV girls who miss a BUNCH of practices, and ONLY ShOW UP FOR GAME DAYS!

QUIT ARGUING ABOUT THE PAST WE'RE WANTING TO NO ABOUT THE FUTURE!

I think all these girls are good and have potential to be awesome!We need to cheer them on not DAWG THEM!:Cheerlead

I WISH ALL THE HAWKS THE BEST!
JUST_SAY_IT Wrote:this is for you Paige Lowe aka baskball, lol
I have heard some of the players tell Savanna not to shoot just because she misses one shot, and the coaches tell her to shoot, and she never wants anyone mad at her so she won't shoot.which is really bad because that girl has alot of talent.and you can not tell me that the girls that tell her not to shoot have not ever missed a shoot beforecome on people I agree with you paige . you need to tell your little cousin not to listen to the other players when she has a open shot she should take it....
because you never listened to the other players you listened to Tussey and I for one loved to watch you play ball hope to see you next year .I think the team has alot of talent, if everyone would just stop with the crap and play some ball it would be nice.

IF A PLAYER REALLY SAID THAT, THEY HAVE NO CLASS!:dontthink
IF NO ONE TAKES SHOTS UR NOT GOING TO SCORE, IF YOU DONT SCORE, YOU DONT WIN!:Thumbs:
EVERYONE MISSES SHOTS,EVEN FLIPPIN MICHAEL JORDAN MISSSED SHOTS!
They will be fine. Everyone has up and down years.