•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mills fired at Bell County
I thought Herron was out? it would surprise me to see any established coach take the job. From the outside looking in it just doesn't seem to be as an attractive job as it once was.
Mills has been done at Bell County way before any of the "problems" happened. You couldn't go to a game without hearing disgruntled people in the stands yelling at him about what Hilton would do, could do, should do and on and on.

I hope Bell recovers but I don't think they will see another state tournament in a few years.
I agree just don't see any coach in their right mind taking this job. Maybe a young up and coming coach or someone with ties to Bell County. Either way don't see Bell county being what they once were for quite some time if ever.
Middlesboro Wrote:I love reading all these comments. Sounds like a lot of sour grapes on here. Bell Co is going to be fine. Geez. Sorry Mills couldn't even win a District Championship. Herron will be the next Coach.

Middlesboro checking the records you are to be corrected. Mills won the district in 2011 and 2012 and honored with SEKC coach of the year in 2011.
redrocket Wrote:I thought Herron was out? it would surprise me to see any established coach take the job. From the outside looking in it just doesn't seem to be as an attractive job as it once was.

Not at all. Mills was a fool to come in the first place. No where to go but downhill. I don't think that Bell will get a quality coach at all.
Heard this today have no clue if true ot not maybe someone will know. I heard Wayne has been hired as a assistant at Whitley co. Can anyone confer or deny this rumor?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
panther nation Wrote:Heard this today have no clue if true ot not maybe someone will know. I heard Wayne has been hired as a assistant at Whitley co. Can anyone confer or deny this rumor?

I haven't heard that but you never know.
panther nation Wrote:Heard this today have no clue if true ot not maybe someone will know. I heard Wayne has been hired as a assistant at Whitley co. Can anyone confer or deny this rumor?

Not sure if that is true or not but I would think some school will try to get him. His son is a heck of an athlete that Quaterbacked the middle school as a 6th grader.

Same thing goes for Coach Hoskins he has 2 huge kids that can play football and basketball. With his oldest being 1 of if not the biggest 7th grader in the state.

Throw in the fact that they are 2 pretty accomplished Coaches. From what I was told the Bell administration's move to go a new direction meant they cut all ties with current assistants which is ignorant in my opinion. They will regret that move. That is what you get when people with no athletic knowledge or background makes the decisions.
Finis Wrote:Not sure if that is true or not but I would think some school will try to get him. His son is a heck of an athlete that Quaterbacked the middle school as a 6th grader.

Same thing goes for Coach Hoskins he has 2 huge kids that can play football and basketball. With his oldest being 1 of if not the biggest 7th grader in the state.

Throw in the fact that they are 2 pretty accomplished Coaches. From what I was told the Bell administration's move to go a new direction meant they cut all ties with current assistants which is ignorant in my opinion. They will regret that move. That is what you get when people with no athletic knowledge or background makes the decisions.

It's all downhill now.
I have heard Whitley and Corbin both mentioned who knows either one would make sense.
Any truth to the rumor that this all comes down from the Supt. hatred for Dudley and all things associated with him?
The more I read and infer from this thread, the more I applaud Bell's administration for at least trying to drain the cesspool.

It may be true but I would think he would wait for a head coaching job. They will be plenty.
Gitback Coach Wrote:The more I read and infer from this thread, the more I applaud Bell's administration for at least trying to drain the cesspool.

Don't believe everything you hear. It will all come out soon enough.

Could you blame any of the Coaches for taking their kids elsewhere?
TopCat Wrote:Don't believe everything you hear. It will all come out soon enough.

Could you blame any of the Coaches for taking their kids elsewhere?

I don't blame any of them.
I dont blame them at all for firing Mills. Sounds like he made some bonehead decisions off the field. In that position you have to understand that you are held to a higher standard. The key IMO is two things. 1) make a good hire, established coach or a young upcoming coach that is familiar with the area. 2) Bell county fans need to check their pride and expectations and understand whoever comes in its going to take some time. Even if Mills were there doesn't seem like Bell County has the same talent it has had in the past.
From what Im hearing Mills has been checking on getting a job at corbin.
Quite rumor, but still a rumor. John Paul Chapman
Middlesboro Wrote:I love reading all these comments. Sounds like a lot of sour grapes on here. Bell Co is going to be fine. Geez. Sorry Mills couldn't even win a District Championship. Herron will be the next Coach.
Jerry ain't walking through that door...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
All this gibberish. With little known facts. I am 100% certain at this point no one has been contacted. So the rumor(s) continue to swirl down the toilet like crap does
Heard that Wayne Counties coach might be targeted for this job.
Maroons Wrote:Heard that Wayne Counties coach might be targeted for this job.

Why would he leave a job where he's probably going to make the state finals for the next two years?
I didnt say he would, just said that I heard Bell would like to have him. He would be crazy to leave IMHO.
Maroons Wrote:I didnt say he would, just said that I heard Bell would like to have him. He would be crazy to leave IMHO.

I get that. I was not questioning you. I was just pondering why they'd even ask. Shows the lack of knowledge of those in charge if they pursue Thompson. He's unattainable for them.

Complete hogwash.............

No hires have been made at Whitley.

Not ANYONE.

Although there may be some (at least one hire) in the future.

Or not

Who knows????
^^^
That is not completely true, I heard at the barber shop they did hire a sub janitor for the break.
^
LIES.
It was a full time grass cutter for winter. Confusednicker:

As for getting back on topic, I know what id like to see happen. Hopefully it does.
Old saying you best not for get where there is smoke there is fire. Dad told me that, makes sense.
Leonidas Wrote:I don't know anything about the situation in Bell with Mills, but I'm replying to this post because the description of coaching today is so true.

Coaching has become such a horrible job nowadays that finding quality people will continue to get more difficult. The pay has actually decreased, the job has become much tougher, and the stress level is astronomical.

It's a shame that the people who sacrifice so much of their time to spen with our youth are often cast aside without the blink of an eye. For the most part, our teachers, coaches, and administrators in KY public schools are honest, hard working people. The expectations when it comes to athletics and test scores is ridiculously unfair on so many levels that it sickens me.

Any help as to what this means?
^^^^
It means that parents,fans expect a coach to win with whatever everytime, no excuses. No matter how bad Of a team he has, no one thinks you should lose.

People think teachers should be held accountable for little Johnny making great test scores even when little Johnny is in high school and has a 3rd grade reading level and can't do math and stays out all night because mom is at work and dad is smoking pot with him

Every player isn't good and every student is smart, that's how it's been since forever.
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next