Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Calloway County 73 Knott County Central 68 Final
Boy I bet that pea sized brain rattles a lot in that big old hog head!!!!
Meanwhile...How many of you KCC supporters will be at the Henry Clay/Knott football game this year? Plenty of mash taters to go around.
Real Badman Wrote:Meanwhile...How many of you KCC supporters will be at the Henry Clay/Knott football game this year? Plenty of mash taters to go around.

:wtf1: :omg:

Please tell me that is a joke.......... Or is it KNOX Central and not Knott Central?
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
Well I guess here is my opinion...in crunch time situations it takes a set of balls to call that fould at the end of regulation. I have spoke to several refs since the game and we all agreed on the same thing, you just don't call that foul in that moment. As to the horrific call of Justice, the worst foul call I have watch this season, as an offensive player Justice done nothing out of his personal space then creating space in the legal way. Clearly a flop!

That being said I was to congratulate Calloway on the win, and congrats to the Patriots on an amazing season. Actually a record breaking season, no question since I started watching high school basketball they best player the 14th region has seen. But I was to young to remember watching Ben Bowling. I have a point to bring up, when you get to where they have got the last 4 years and keep losing in the same spot...what does that say about the team?

In my opinion with the talent they have, with 2 Division 1 players you look no farther than coaching. I watched the entire game and BB's game plan made zero sense. His half court trap that got them back into the game but other than that Knott done things at certain moments that made zero sense. Half court trap when the game was tied, and why did Caudill foul their in the 4th quarter when the game was tied. He fouled #4 like they were losing, if he didn't know the game was tied that the coaches fault. Now I'll be the first to admit, the refs played a huge role in the lose but coaching played just as big of a role. Why did they go up 10 points? It happened when BB got his technical foul, they were down 2 points at that time. His Technical foul killed Knott Central. It actually sparked Calloway Co, BB should have known better than that.

And lastly, for anyone who thinks Cameron Justice won't see playing time at Vandy and ride the bench like Hood and Polson, then they don't know Justice. One of the hardest workers in the state of KY.
Pulp Fiction Wrote::wtf1: :omg:

Please tell me that is a joke.......... Or is it KNOX Central and not Knott Central?

KHSAA Show KNOTT COUNTY CENTRAL
I'm not from Knott County and have no skin in the game. I was at the game and it is the worst called state tourney game I've seen since the 86 Hazard game. If anybody argues that the refs didn't have an agenda, then they have one of their own. You can certainly defend each of the officials calls, but what is indefensible is the calls were not made on the other end of the floor. One stat speaks volumes. In the 2 OT's, Calloway shot 18 free throws. Knott shot 2.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:I agree to a certain extent about the bolded.

KHSAA doesn't have that good of a referee training/licensing process.

To be a referee, all you have to do is pay the fee, pass the background check and pass the Part 1 exam. 100 questions... and I think you have to get a 75% or better.

If you want to do post-season, you have to pay the fee before a certain date get an 80% or better on the Part 2 exam and take an online rules clinic that.... well, let's just say it's very generic and not that good.

I know every region has an officials association. And they do have some meetings and "training" amongst themselves.

The referee position in any sport is authority. Some referee's have never played the sport that they referee. So to say they don't understand what the kids go through in the off-season and every day in practice is true.
Some refs don't condition and aren't in the best physical shape for their sport. Athletic competition means more to the kids than getting to referee a sport. The kids that want to win and be a champion train and practice year round to be a state champion.

Some, not all, referee's do nothing to better themselves for the upcoming season. And that is not right. How can somebody respect somebody who does that? Just because they are a referee doesn't mean they know the sport or deserve to be in that position.

I know getting to referee the state tournament in any sport is an accomplishment. And the assigning secretary usually makes the recommendation to the KHSAA who is ready or deserves to referee the state meet from their region. However, I disagree.

The KHSAA really needs to change the way referee's are chosen for post-season play. Just because somebody says a ref is ready for the state meet doesn't make it so. The KHSAA needs to send their Commish./Asst. Commish. to the evaluate the prospected referee's.

The referee's have a hard job.
It's not about being 'liked' by everybody in the gym, but it is about Earning Respect from the coaches and players by being Fair, Firm and Consistent.

It's all politics, my friend. It doesn't matter who's the best, or who works the hardest to be their best. It all boils down to being in a clique with the region association's assigning secretary on who goes to region and state tourneys. I know of officials who have been rated ahead of other officials, but because of who the lesser rated official is to the assigner, they get sent ahead of the others. Happens every year, and every one knows about it, even those at the KHSAA. Yet, they do nothing about it to stop it, or change it to where the officials who are the better ones, and do their jobs right are the ones who are rewarded how they should be. Just pathetic!
I bet none of you cries like a 7 year old school girl about Kentucky shooting 28 foul shots to cincinatti's 14 so whats the difference.
Crazy Horse Wrote:Well I guess here is my opinion...in crunch time situations it takes a set of balls to call that fould at the end of regulation. I have spoke to several refs since the game and we all agreed on the same thing, you just don't call that foul in that moment. As to the horrific call of Justice, the worst foul call I have watch this season, as an offensive player Justice done nothing out of his personal space then creating space in the legal way. Clearly a flop!

That being said I was to congratulate Calloway on the win, and congrats to the Patriots on an amazing season. Actually a record breaking season, no question since I started watching high school basketball they best player the 14th region has seen. But I was to young to remember watching Ben Bowling. I have a point to bring up, when you get to where they have got the last 4 years and keep losing in the same spot...what does that say about the team?

In my opinion with the talent they have, with 2 Division 1 players you look no farther than coaching. I watched the entire game and BB's game plan made zero sense. His half court trap that got them back into the game but other than that Knott done things at certain moments that made zero sense. Half court trap when the game was tied, and why did Caudill foul their in the 4th quarter when the game was tied. He fouled #4 like they were losing, if he didn't know the game was tied that the coaches fault. Now I'll be the first to admit, the refs played a huge role in the lose but coaching played just as big of a role. Why did they go up 10 points? It happened when BB got his technical foul, they were down 2 points at that time. His Technical foul killed Knott Central. It actually sparked Calloway Co, BB should have known better than that.

And lastly, for anyone who thinks Cameron Justice won't see playing time at Vandy and ride the bench like Hood and Polson, then they don't know Justice. One of the hardest workers in the state of KY.

Im sure some ref from that area did say that, however if you have watched espn for more than 2 minutes you have hear many experts say that if its a foul in the first minute of a game, then it also is in the last minute, and should be called the same way.
Enough already! Knott didn't have there 14th region officials, they played a weak schedule, there coaches were coaching all year long for Justice to get Mr. Basketball, there coaches always beat themselves trying to do things at wrong times when all they had to do is go inside to one of the best centers in state. Every time BB wanted to do something he had to go get permission from coach Justice or the doc on the bench, he has no idea what is going on, all he wants to do is cus at the officials and cost his team with a technical, because they don't take that crap at the big show. And with all this talk about how bad they were cheated, if they would of made one more of those 17 free throws or had one less turnover that led to a bucket by Calloway they still win the game. Now quit all the whining and crying over this game, I don't think the Carr Fork Dam can hold many more tears, it is going to break loose and flood poor Hazard. I wonder if the Patriots are going to have there new shirts Monday, BACK TO BACK TO BACK TO BACK LOSSES AT RUPP, way to go and represent.
Strikeout King Wrote:KHSAA Show KNOTT COUNTY CENTRAL

On khsaa it shows knox not knott. Only game it shows for knott is breathitt. Need to look at the score board or get glasses.
D1Recruiter Wrote:Enough already! Knott didn't have there 14th region officials, they played a weak schedule, there coaches were coaching all year long for Justice to get Mr. Basketball, there coaches always beat themselves trying to do things at wrong times when all they had to do is go inside to one of the best centers in state. Every time BB wanted to do something he had to go get permission from coach Justice or the doc on the bench, he has no idea what is going on, all he wants to do is cus at the officials and cost his team with a technical, because they don't take that crap at the big show. And with all this talk about how bad they were cheated, if they would of made one more of those 17 free throws or had one less turnover that led to a bucket by Calloway they still win the game. Now quit all the whining and crying over this game, I don't think the Carr Fork Dam can hold many more tears, it is going to break loose and flood poor Hazard. I wonder if the Patriots are going to have there new shirts Monday, BACK TO BACK TO BACK TO BACK LOSSES AT RUPP, way to go and represent.

I guess haters going to hate. Knott did get to final 8 in cameron second year. So I agree with you about stop the winning but also stop the hate against kcc. This group had outstanding careers n have nothing to hang there heads down about.
Nope! His freshman year they made top 8
Crazy Horse Wrote:Nope! His freshman year they made top 8

I guess we are both right. They made the final 8 in his freshman n sophomore years. In his sophomore year they beat clay county in first round but got beat by Ballard in final 8.
In his freshman year they got beat by boone county 36 - 34. Kcc got beat because they couldn't make free throws. It was Zach Davis senior year.
They beat Boone and lost to Oldham that year.
jacobcody2 Wrote:On khsaa it shows knox not knott. Only game it shows for knott is breathitt. Need to look at the score board or get glasses.

Henry Clay changed it yesterday because yesterday it said KNOTT COUNTY CENTRAL
daredevil4life Wrote:It's all politics, my friend. It doesn't matter who's the best, or who works the hardest to be their best. It all boils down to being in a clique with the region association's assigning secretary on who goes to region and state tourneys. I know of officials who have been rated ahead of other officials, but because of who the lesser rated official is to the assigner, they get sent ahead of the others. Happens every year, and every one knows about it, even those at the KHSAA. Yet, they do nothing about it to stop it, or change it to where the officials who are the better ones, and do their jobs right are the ones who are rewarded how they should be. Just pathetic!

Right you are about politics! But the quote about requirements is off! Not yours but one you quoted! Yes you pass a test and spend 2-3 years calling JV unless you can really work a game then put in with others!
It really wouldn't matter if the NBA SEC or any others called people's games, simy put who ever loses blames the refs plain and simple. Not the kids fault who turn it over 20 times miss 13 FT. And commit stupid fouls in tight situations! No wait they say that's the refs fault for calling it!
Fact us no matter how good the refs are peoe will comain and acuse them of cheating because people don't know how to watch a game , they just see their team or a team they like!
I agree as I have a good friend who had been a good ref for years couldnt get to state tournament because of politics! Who assigns football, who they play cards with, who owes wh a favor!
At least in years long ago when Mr. Boucher was over officials he visited every region and watched 3 guys or gals work. The farthest the current gentleman has gone us Franfort to watch All A.
I am a huge fan of basketball, high school and college, but people who scream in this forum wanting referees to get better, will never happen, because even Jesus Christ could not please them if their team lost!
I was at the game. The problem I seen was that knott is use to getting a foul called every time somebody breathes on them in the 14th region and that's not how they call at state. And justices fouls were legit.
And let's be honest karma is a bitch. Knott has got every call for four years and they didn't in this game
It's funny when knott county won 2 regional title on fouls one 90 feet away from the basket and the other 40 feet away from the basket you all didn't say that the refs shouldn't make those calls
I sure hope you're right about karma hitter, because it's about to smack you in the stupid mouth. That's all you have done over the past years is get on here and whine and cry about KCC. Get a life.
After this much time, and everyone still crying. Your team just wasn't near as good as yall hyped them point blank. 1 star player wont win against great competition. Even if kcc got lucky, and won they still weren't near good enough. Not a knock just a fact. That side of the bracket was weak. Owensboro was far better than bowling green, and proved it today. Bowling green was the best on that side of the bracket, and couldn't even test Owensboro. Its time to congradulate the state champions, and let this go.
andy griffith Wrote:I bet none of you cries like a 7 year old school girl about Kentucky shooting 28 foul shots to cincinatti's 14 so whats the difference.

Actually this is a great analogy for KCC andy! If Calloway only shoots 28 foul shots and KCC shoots 14 KCC wins by 10 to 15! Goober must have come up with that analogy for you! :biglmao:
[Image: https://i.imgflip.com/j7elo.jpg] Kudos to the reporter at WYMT for calling out the grading on the refs! More mashed taters please!!!
andy griffith Wrote:I got this one right, where is that jackwagon that hasn't shut up about taters.

[Image:

] or [Image: http://s1.totalprosports.com/wp-content/...n-gifs.gif] Hey brutha! Heard you were a Dukie relocated bruh! Fatpat has narrowed you down and just can't figure which one of these is you bruh? More mashed taters please!!!
killbilly usmc Wrote:If the tater guy is still hungry Benton Kentucky has a festival coming up 1st Monday in april called tater day.

[Image: https://i.imgflip.com/j7fgw.jpg] Wowza,props to Billy for telling Fatpat about Tater Day! Fatpat gets lost easy so I got some GPS help! Fatpat be rollin to Benton! More mashed taters please!!!
fatpatfan Wrote:[Image: https://i.imgflip.com/j7fgw.jpg] Wowza,props to Billy for telling Fatpat about Tater Day! Fatpat gets lost easy so I got some GPS help! Fatpat be rollin to Benton! More mashed taters please!!!

You must be eating soupbeans now instead mashed tater because you are getting windy!!!:biglmao:
Tommy Hall can't protect them at Rupp.
Knott was a good team but maybe just alittle overated.

Justice was the best player at the sweet 16. but Knotts team was not the best team.
Its sounding to me like the refs that officiated the games in There region are the ones rigging games in KCC favor. Those are the refs that should be done away with. In the end they did them an injustice.
the only refs Knott County can blame are the 13th, 14th, and 15th region refs. They have babied Knott County for 4 years and the refs at state aren't going to baby them.
thank you Tommy Hall for taking such good care of Knott County.