•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell Vs. Mercer County
mercer by 4pts
russel is a great football team, but theres no way that they will beat mercer..
dfblackcat53 Wrote:russel is a great football team, but theres no way that they will beat mercer..

Have you seen Russell play? There is alot of people that think that just because Mercer has not lost a game. Mercer has yet to play a team like Russell and that is why Russell will beat Mercer
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
KENTUCKY WILDCATS
Well Russell kicked Belfry's tail... Why not go with them 42-28
lower score than that...... BUt Russell on top.
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Mercer by 3-4 TD's.
I hope Russell kicks butt :redboxer:
I agree with devilologist we need to get that new turf like at Rock Hill, Belfry, and LOUISVILLE. We need to put a buzz in the ear of the AD, and BOARD members to get this started.
DEVIL89 Wrote:I agree with devilologist we need to get that new turf like at Rock Hill, Belfry, and LOUISVILLE. We need to put a buzz in the ear of the AD, and BOARD members to get this started.

Getting turf is always good, that way you don't have to worry about a muddy field or up-keep of the field
The great thing about Russell is if they do put in turf they will have a grass field also.. The JFL field is a better field than alot of high school fields I have seen... The grass would be there to practice on or the Turf.....The TURF would be great.. less upkeep. Youcould have more functions on the field and raise money for the school.. Band competitions would be worry free, JFL games if it is wet or muddy. THEN we could have our own TURF BOWL championships and raise money for the school.....
I think Turf is wonderful.......
Now beat Mecer!!
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Go DEVILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't see Merger beating this Russell team by more than 10 if they are the better team!
Welcome to the best site in town! If you need anything, just let me know.
I think it will be a much lower scoring game than most people expect.
FBALL Wrote:I think it will be a much lower scoring game than most people expect.

Maybe, but that has been said about games earlier this year and some of them have turned out to be a barn burner
I'M about to jump on the russell bandwagon
Russell has always played bigger school, such as Ashalnd, Boyd Co, Greenup, ect.. throught history Russell has defeated schools that big, and Mercer is no diffrent. If they play like they did last week Russell will have a good chance. I belive that McGlone has an Ace up his sleeve, Its like playing cards, when you feel your losing, you show your Ace! I beleive Russell can pull if off, and they wont go down without a fight. Look out Mercer
Panther#42 Wrote:Maybe, but that has been said about games earlier this year and some of them have turned out to be a barn burner

Well everyone thought the Belfry/Russell game would be a higher scoring game. My prediction was 15 points total. I was pretty close.
FBALL Wrote:Well everyone thought the Belfry/Russell game would be a higher scoring game. My prediction was 15 points total. I was pretty close.

Exactly, so anything can happen
Panther#42 Wrote:Exactly, so anything can happen

Can't a low scoring game be a barnburner?
FBALL Wrote:Can't a low scoring game be a barnburner?

Eh I suppose, guess it depends on one's opnion of a "barnburner"
If Russell would have won by 15-20 points more than what they did I would have considered it a barnburner
Panther#42 Wrote:Eh I suppose, guess it depends on one's opnion of a "barnburner"
If Russell would have won by 15-20 points more than what they did I would have considered it a barnburner

I thought a barnburner was a close game that came right down to the wire. Therefore a low scoring game would most likely be a barnburner. Last fridays game did not fall into this catagory.

I know this is off topic but I'm bored.
Dont worry FBALL the game will be here before you know it...Then you wont be bored.. but then then theres the post season blues..... until about passing season then it is on again...
FBALL Wrote:I thought a barnburner was a close game that came right down to the wire. Therefore a low scoring game would most likely be a barnburner. Last fridays game did not fall into this catagory.

I know this is off topic but I'm bored.

Then go over to the Basketball forums and work. It's not boring over there.:help:
The Game is only like 85 hours and thirty minutes until kick off.....Guess Im bored too.
Any one going down on thursday? If so we should meet up and have a brew or two. Kinda like a pre tailgate thing.
leaving Friday morning sorry no brew for me...
Mercer is way too much for Russell to handle. Mercer has 2 2,000 yard rushers, and 1 1,000 yard rusher. They have way too much overall team speed. When ever you bring 11 in the box they just play-action you and throw overtop just like they did against Owensboro Catholic.

I have a question about these "point bets" though....it says the odds with Mercer are 1/1...so if I bet, do I not gain anything back by betting right except for the points I wagered?
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:lower score than that...... BUt Russell on top.

Na.. I don't think so..
I believe if you going to beat Russell, your going to have to outscore them..
Like Belfry had to do with Middlesboro
mrfootball03 Wrote:Na.. I don't think so..
I believe if you going to beat Russell, your going to have to outscore them..
Like Belfry had to do with Middlesboro

With the points Mercer is putting up this year.... It may not be that big of a problem, if they come ready to play some smash mouth football that is:devilflam
Mercer in a close one
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next