Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newport Central Catholic 2014
NKYfootballfan91 Wrote:oh spandax, ive missed you. so glad i checked in on this. you keep spouting out those lies about not being close to the program. if you are a kid, which u seem to be claiming to be. did coach lyon hurt your feelings by not playing you? you really shouldnt blame him, blame god, or blame your parents, because he would have noting to do with the fact you didn't have enough talent to play high school football. trust me, coaches play the best players, maybe not at a few schools, but at new cath, the best players play. maybe not always in the right position, but they play.

Wow, what a great post. Again you have no clue who I am, but keep trying. It is so easy to bring out the best in you. Love how a coach puts this nonsense on a board for kids, coaches and parents to read. Really says a lot about the person don't you think?
Wow, some of the posts I'm reding on here are ridiculous! This is a forum about a group of young men who I am sure is putting 100% into this football program, on what they need to do to remain successful and look where it has gone. Even if Mantax was/is a player you are a grown man who would talk to a young man like that, and that makes you any better than the next man how? My nephew plays for NCC and I tell his parents all the time whatever you do stay off this page and def do not let your son see this. These are boys who have a love for the game of football and to see some of the stuff written on here about certain players, coaches etc is plain dumb! Say something that will help the guys get better not destroy the confidence they have. End of rant.
yeah, so typical. you always try to play the victim, no one is falling for it my man. maybe you didnt learn soon enough as a child. when you poke a hornets nest too many times, you tend to get stung. lol, you should try looking in the mirror.
Glad to see you back 91! Now we can have some insightful discussion instead of babble.
Now can anyone give us some meaningful information about the Breds for the upcoming season since we have all had our fill of you know who.

I know it has been mentioned that Anderson will be playing football, but if he is projecting as a starter on the basketball team will he have second thoughts?
strawberryshakeman Wrote:Glad to see you back 91! Now we can have some insightful discussion instead of babble.

Now that right there is the funniest post I have seen on this site ever, 91 and insightful should never be used in the same sentence. .:biglmao:
I see the Breds & Colts in a rematch for the title.
Don't forget the Tigers from Caldwell could be the spoiler in that.
Dang 55 i thought you thought caldwell would struggle since they lost that line. I agree they will still be very good, but the breds have been there and done that many times. Caldwell hasnt since 98 and that was a weak year in 2a.
Caldwell blew their best chance last year. I don't think they would have beaten us last year either. We were pretty well balanced. I really like our team this year. Our OL will be amazing this year. The west goes through Louisville this year.
Can't wait for the season to start new Putnam Stadium and a GREAT week 1 matchup!!! August 23rd can't get here fast enough!!!
I agree, Breds and tomcats will be a good test to both teams. Baker is an exceptional talent and will be a thorn in most teams butt. Go luck to him this season! The Breds d will be stingy with experience and talent at all positions.....great match up.
Caldwell might be a good team for their district but if the state champ is going to come out of the west they will have to beat Desales.
Baker will get all of the attention but we have several other players who will be thorns in every teams side.
Caldwell will be good, but they saw last season how hard it is to make it back. Have to respect what NCC has been able to do. Desales by far will be the team to beat, but losing the RB and QB will be hard shoes to fill. If NCC can find a reliable QB, should be an NCC and Desales rematch, with Desales winning again. If not for some shoddy play calling and Desales taking advantage of poor pass defense, NCC could have won that game. Officiating was pretty bad as well.

Sorry to say, but there are no other players on the Ashland team, close to as good as Baker is. He is very good.
Not many in the state good as Baker but Ashland returns Prince at QB Vangh at FB and Long who transferred in and only played near end of last season. He is every bit as fast on any given play. Long out ran Baker a few times during spring track meets but both have sprinters speed. Baring injuries all 4 will start and be hard to handle.
^^^Baker is extremely tallented. I say this, not as a stab at the kid, but im honestly curious, has he toughned up? Not a knock on him. The kid has alot of speed snd has really good vision, but Raceland was able to neutralize him last year after they popped him a few times. On the other hand, the staff refused to put a guy over the center and Prince killed us. Ashland has a stable of speed and agility, Long gives them an additional speed guy but he is also a tough runner as well. Reminds me a bit of Devon Turner from Fairview awhile back. The Breds and Cats will both get a good idea of where they stand by the end of the evening.
NCC only had a chance late in that game because they had a first time team that almost started their party too soon. They were down 3 scores late. The Colts pretty well had their way with them. May not be a regular thing but it was the way it went in 13.
Ncc and Desales were more evenly matched than the score showed. Ncc was weak at olb and the Desales staff did an excellent job at film study to exploit that with Byrd. This year Ncc will have a large percentage of the same players back on defense with a couple of improved underclassmen filling in at olb. Desales is a totally different team without Bryd, but I still believe Desales will win the west. The east will be competitive in the mountains, but Ncc is still the team to beat for the trip to bowling green. I'm glad mayfield doesn't play any of the top 2a teams because we'd miss all of the humor 55 interjects when hijacking a thread.
yall may consider me hijacking to, but i think ncc will have improved over last year, and desales taking a slight step back. Ill take ncc over desales in a nailbiter for the title this year.
Killbilly, you are no where near the troll 55 is. Shame on you for thinking that!
I agree that NCC should be better off this year. I just don't think the game was a close as some think last year. That will probably be different this year. That is presuming that they both make it again.
Not taking anything away from NCC. But at no point in our game last year, were we worried that we would lose. We had our foot on the throat, and let up. We went very conservative, especially in the 4th. We were up 3 scores. No reason to pour it on. I hope NCC takes care of the east, and let us worry about the west. I like having an all Catholic title game again.
Heh, you play the game till the end. Dont tell me they let up. Lets be honest, if not for a bogus flag on a kick off return for a TD, Ncc might have had three titles in four years. I will say this, from a fans point of view, Desalles coaches did a great job of picking apart Ncc's weakness. Ncc's pass defense was not very good. Their outside linebacks couldnt cover Desalles skill players. Desalles was a running team and they did what it took to win the game. Hats off to that coaching staff.
7 on 7 against Scott went real well. The receivers ran good routes and seemed to "out quick" the Scott defenders. On the defensive side NCC had multiple interceptions and looked extremely good in their converage.
After the 7on7 vs. Scott, who is the QB that has the lead as the possible starter?
Is their offense going to look any different this season? Defensively, WWII they continue to play the 4-4? I have heard this team is much deeper in a lot of areas, will this mean fewer players playing only O or D?
QB is a major issue for this years team, much like last season. At least you had a senior in Franzen that you could play. Not sure who is telling you this team is deeper, a lot of underclassmen will be starters again. For a small school, you can get by with that. However, NCC found out last year, young players make big mistakes in big games. Desalles had a ton of seniors and it showed. The problem NCC will have this season is there just isnt enough seniors who care about the team in the right spots. No sutkamp at LB, no lyon at DE, no franzen at QB, no lenz at OL. I thought the OL might be much improved from last season, but it seems injuries and selfishness is already a problem. The differnce between a junior and a senior is huge, unless that junior is a year behind where he should be. I predict a year similiar to last season and may end the same exact way.
Sounds like MrB has a lot of faith in the Breds after all of the negativity...they couldn't be too selfish, lack depth, and must have a few kids replacing those grads you mentioned inorder to end up with a season like 2013 as you have predicted!
MrBWesley Wrote:QB is a major issue for this years team, much like last season. At least you had a senior in Franzen that you could play. Not sure who is telling you this team is deeper, a lot of underclassmen will be starters again. For a small school, you can get by with that. However, NCC found out last year, young players make big mistakes in big games. Desalles had a ton of seniors and it showed. The problem NCC will have this season is there just isnt enough seniors who care about the team in the right spots. No sutkamp at LB, no lyon at DE, no franzen at QB, no lenz at OL. I thought the OL might be much improved from last season, but it seems injuries and selfishness is already a problem. The differnce between a junior and a senior is huge, unless that junior is a year behind where he should be. I predict a year similiar to last season and may end the same exact way.

Wow. A state final runner up is a bad thing. Not enough seniors that care and selfish? Explain. They will certainly miss Sutkamp and Franzen to a certain extent, but the others I do not think so. Understand there has been some turnover in the coaching staff that has been viewed as extremely positive by the coaches and the kids alike. All of the negativity in your post makes you sound a lot like another poster on here that shall remain nameless.
Anything short of a 2A state title is a bust for NCC. Sorry to be so negative.....