•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 2014
Crossbones Wrote:I see ole wideright had to make a new username.:thatsfunn

Guess Again!!!! :biglmao:Confusednicker:
Crossbones Wrote:I state facts!!:biglmao: as said in some of the highland threads, you've lost your trollability for this year. I state facts!!

Hilarious here is the facts. Morons would even think about putting themselves in the same class as Highlands. Smh Belfry wins one finally and Highlands finally loses one. And all of a sudden Belfry thinks they could compete with Highlands Wow :biglmao: :dudecomeon:
PaytoPlay Wrote:Whoever ends up playing QB, you have to expect a little drop, especially in the ability to push the ball downfield.

I wonder if Haywood will alter his offense any. I doubt it, but part of me yearns at least for a speciality wishbone package with Horton at FB, and Hatfield and Fletcher and RB. Not as primary offense, but as an ever so often change of pace.

I would love to see some jet sweeps put in..
cuppett777 Wrote:I would love to see some jet sweeps put in..

We do run a form of jet sweep with our wing backs.
KyRock Wrote:Hilarious here is the facts. Morons would even think about putting themselves in the same class as Highlands. Smh Belfry wins one finally and Highlands finally loses one. And all of a sudden Belfry thinks they could compete with Highlands Wow :biglmao: :dudecomeon:

I'm pretty sure Belfry's overall record vs. Highlands is 2-3....and I don't see anyone trying to compare the respective programs. Both have accomplishments they're proud of.....albeit Highlands has many more championships. I know you guys are still raw and butt hurt due to the enormous choke job against Collins...but your mindless trolling is becoming a bit of a bore. Why try and hijack a thread that is completely inconsequential to you? I mean...just how many study halls do you guys have throughout the day?

Go back to class....
I wish we would just ignore these guys. If we don't respond to them, they will tire of trolling in this thread.

Lets talk Belfry football in here.
PaytoPlay Wrote:I wish we would just ignore these guys. If we don't respond to them, they will tire of trolling in this thread.

Lets talk Belfry football in here.

Yelp!! I'm done, was having a little fun, but I will not reply to them again. This thread is about Belfry and I will not give any heck to Highlands or there fans anymore. Heck, I respect and like Highlands, was just giving a little opportunistic payback. No more from me.
Belfry will win it again in 14.
Crossbones Wrote:Yelp!! I'm done, was having a little fun, but I will not reply to them again. This thread is about Belfry and I will not give any heck to Highlands or there fans anymore. Heck, I respect and like Highlands, was just giving a little opportunistic payback. No more from me.

Actually, I tip my hat to you Crossbones. You took advantage of a great opportunity and pounced all over me over the Highlands/Collins game. I honestly thought there would be a lot more trash talk, PMs, etc. toward me when Highlands lost.

I state facts! Confusednicker:

Now if you seriously want to talk Belfry football from here - I doubt the team coming back will be less talented then their 2010 team that made the state finals. Thus, Belfry should be primed for a big run again.
WideRight05 Wrote:Actually, I tip my hat to you Crossbones. You took advantage of a great opportunity and pounced all over me over the Highlands/Collins game. I honestly thought there would be a lot more trash talk, PMs, etc. toward me when Highlands lost.

Now if you seriously want to talk Belfry football from here - I doubt the team coming back will be less talented then their 2010 team that made the state finals. Thus, Belfry should be primed for a big run again.

It was all in fun. Tell ya the truth, Highlands is an has been so good the " I state facts" thing was I could come up with.:biggrin: Actually liked your trolling from time to time. Kept Belfry on their toes.:Thumbs: I personally think they will take a step back. I see the district as being weaker with the exception of Pike Central. They will improve. How much I don't know. I think Belfry will make a good run in the playoffs, but youth will be too much. I hope I am wrong.
WideRight05 Wrote:Actually, I tip my hat to you Crossbones. You took advantage of a great opportunity and pounced all over me over the Highlands/Collins game. I honestly thought there would be a lot more trash talk, PMs, etc. toward me when Highlands lost.

Belfry will be significantly better than 2010... but not quite as good as the past two years IMHO.

The East though appears to be the weakest it has ever been.

Belfry should be a pretty hefty favorite to reach Bowling Green in 2014, especially with the opportunity for home field advantage throughout the playoffs.

This is "supposed" to be a bridge year for Belfry (2010 was supposed to be a rebuilding year and 2011 was supposed to be a bridge year)... 2015 and 2016 Belfry should be very, very good.
Belfry will take their lumps in 2014 to start off I do believe. It will be a growing experience but will primed them for a good playoff run.
Belfry0304 Wrote:We do run a form of jet sweep with our wing backs.

ok, didn't know since I don't get to watch them live anymore,just listen on radio..what about with the wideouts ?
cuppett777 Wrote:ok, didn't know since I don't get to watch them live anymore,just listen on radio..what about with the wideouts ?

Our base set which is similar to a flexbone (with a closer fullback) your two wing backs are set up like slot receivers just pulled in tight at a back position. So that's how it works. The actual receiver cannot go in motion because our QB, two HBs, and FB are off the line, therefore the receiver has to be on and can't motion.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:It's tough... that Pburg defense was considerably better than Bourbon.
Offensively Bourbon had more weapons and more big play ability that Pburg. I will give the slightest edge to Bourbon because that game was played on the road and that aforementioned big play ability.

This Belfry team I think I like better than 2003, but not as much as 2004 (judging solely by how they looked in the playoffs and when healthy). The defense this Belfry team was playing in the playoffs was considerably ahead of either team IMHO... especially against the pass. This team didn't have the backfield as 2003/2004 nor did they have the level of lineplay..but Sani gave them a much better passing aptitude and I liked the Senior leadership better than 2003. That 2004 team though was simply something else though..we may never see a better backfield come through EKY.. maybe even the state... 526 rushing yards in the Finals.... simply unbelievable! That team shatters the state rushing record if they used the same..err... stat friendly measures... that you see other teams do in blowouts.

I personally would go:
2004 Belfry

2013 Belfry
2003 Belfry

..If the 2007 team had won the title I think they are second on the list right behind 2004.

1986 team is still the Best Belfry team I ever saw. That group made a heck of a run at the 3A title when there was only 4 Classes. IMO that team would be a nightmare for the NKY teams of today that are weak against the power run game.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Our base set which is similar to a flexbone (with a closer fullback) your two wing backs are set up like slot receivers just pulled in tight at a back position. So that's how it works. The actual receiver cannot go in motion because our QB, two HBs, and FB are off the line, therefore the receiver has to be on and can't motion.

got you, so if the 2 wings was behind the fb like they do sometimes,then can the wideouts come on motion?
cuppett777 Wrote:got you, so if the 2 wings was behind the fb like they do sometimes,then can the wideouts come on motion?

No sir. That would be the true wishbone, which we never do at the high school level anymore. Last time we did was my senior year (2010) and only for the first game then we moved to our current flexbone look. Have to have 7 men on the line of scrimmage (5 lineman, tight end, wide out), 4 guys off (QB, FB, 2 HBs)
Belfry0304 Wrote:No sir. That would be the true wishbone, which we never do at the high school level anymore. Last time we did was my senior year (2010) and only for the first game then we moved to our current flexbone look. Have to have 7 men on the line of scrimmage (5 lineman, tight end, wide out), 4 guys off (QB, FB, 2 HBs)

got u, the true bone was what I saw them run when I was there,any chance coach takes the flex and run more of spread and run read option with it,he still wouldn't have to throw unless he wanted to and do a real jet sweep with the wr or will that mess up there blocking?
Derek Wellman and Devin Varney just finished up football for the year.really looking forward to watching these young pirates next year.
Does anyone know what kind of team Henry Clay brings back next year? I have the impression that they lose all of their noted playmakers (Bell, Jackson, QB, WR, etc)

Johnson Central and CAK will be strong tests. Unless JC lost a lot in the trenches, you have to expect Belfry to be a solid dog in that game.

QB is the key this upcoming season IMO. Most of the games it won't be an issue, but in the big games against good competition, you need a QB who can complete a pass and pick up a big 3rd and 8. If Taylor can stay out at SE (or at least at HB) then we have a proven target. If Taylor does take snaps, hopefully some good young players will step up at SE. I personally would like to see us get Bentley involved in the passing game more next season. I don't recall him being thrown to at all this past year, and at 6'5" - he is such a large target.
PaytoPlay Wrote:Does anyone know what kind of team Henry Clay brings back next year? I have the impression that they lose all of their noted playmakers (Bell, Jackson, QB, WR, etc)

Johnson Central and CAK will be strong tests. Unless JC lost a lot in the trenches, you have to expect Belfry to be a solid dog in that game.

QB is the key this upcoming season IMO. Most of the games it won't be an issue, but in the big games against good competition, you need a QB who can complete a pass and pick up a big 3rd and 8. If Taylor can stay out at SE (or at least at HB) then we have a proven target. If Taylor does take snaps, hopefully some good young players will step up at SE. I personally would like to see us get Bentley involved in the passing game more next season. I don't recall him being thrown to at all this past year, and at 6'5" - he is such a large target.

If we see 3rd and 8 very much then whoever the QB is/was will not be successful.

The Belfry passing game is only going to be effective if the coaching staff decides to throw on down & distance in which it is unexpected. If Tom Brady QB'd Belfry and only got to throw the ball on 3rd and long he wouldn't be very efficient either.
^ I completely agree. But that one or two 3rd and long conversion could be the season.

My point was they need to be adequate in the passing game, not exceptional.
Belfry and Bell in Bowling Green next year
PaytoPlay Wrote:Does anyone know what kind of team Henry Clay brings back next year? I have the impression that they lose all of their noted playmakers (Bell, Jackson, QB, WR, etc)

they didn't throw enough to Messer EITHER AND HE HAD GR8 HANDS...
Saw X Wills shooting ball the other night before a Belfry game, knee looks like it's coming along just fine. This is not a kid you want to sleep on, he rides a bike everywhere he goes, before last season was working out twice a day, and has decent size.

Andrew Fletcher had surgery this week for a broken tibia (I THINK, don't hold me to that) sustained in basketball but should be fine for football. Surgery went well.
^ Glad to hear that about X. You could tell by the physical difference between his freshman and sophomore year that he wasn't afraid to do some work in the gym. I only hope he is able to come back as quick/fast as he was before the ACL tear.

Any idea on how long Fletcher will be down with that injury? Hopefully he can recover in plenty of time to get in a good offseason and do some speed work. He already has excellent size.

Any chatter about new additions to next years team, be it transfers or just kids coming out for ball who might not have played last year?
X wasn't running and jumping but he does walk on it pretty well so I think it looks promising. No clue about Fletcher, He got stepped on in a basketball game. He's working his upper body now, but I agree speed work is something he needed.

None that I've heard of.
QB is going to be a fun position to watch. Taylor plays baseball so he won't be able to participate meaningfully in spring football. What about Catron, Wellman, and the Jude kid? Do they play baseball or will they be able to take some snaps during the spring?

Just from the eye test, I have convinced myself that Catron is the best option at QB, so long as he can throw it good enough to take advantage of Taylor outside. If none of the other kids can sling it good enough to take advantage of Taylor on the outside, might as well let him take the snaps.
You can up Bentley's size to 6'5" 270 now. All the front line has growed some and hitting the weights hard.
^ Kid is a manchild. At 6'5 270 and still growing, seems like you have to expect he ultimately will project at OT at the next level.

I am very excited to watch Bentley year it up for the next three seasons. IMO, he is one of the few Pirates who start both sides next year.
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next