•  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville @ Raceland 11/22 Region Championship
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Judging by both teams talent and the result of the first game his prediction was right on. Not his fault Raceland laid the biggest egg in 1A history.

Judging by the final score his prediction was off by 46 points.
I've seen both teams and I think Raceland is better.

It's one game and anything can happen but I think the Ams win going away. Pikeville will score some points but I can't see that defense stopping Raceland at all.
jetpilot Wrote:You are kidding yourself. Pikeville will run the ball very well on Raceland.

Im not 64sur so I dont get into back and forth banter. We will know what both teams are made of. But on paper and on the field, Raceland has the better defense. In contast to the statement of Pikeville winning theough the air, Raceland will have to win on the ground. Pikeville has the team speed to leep up with the Rams. The only way I see Raceland winning in passing game match ups is using their height in the redzone or short yardage. Raceland's recievers are all 6'0 or better. Pikeville's secondary is fast, but short. Raceland can control the clock and get the win.
Can anyone shed light on what players on each team have gotte legit college offers? I know Beech has gotten interest from Cincinatti and I think Johnson has gotten some small D1 interest. As for the rest, I havent a clue. I would figure Hall and Estep have had to haw some attention from EKU, UPIKE, or Georgetown. Estep has all the makings for a great college kick returner.
Both teams are very talented to say the least and no way I can make a prediction in this one. Pikeville has one of the best QB's that no one has heard about east of 75 to go along with Hall, Estep of course and the loss of Pugh has been huge IMO on both sides of the ball but Raceland is so big up front and Beach, Messer are explosive playmakers. The game is on grass and that may be a big factor but Charles IMO will be the difference in this game, big arm and can run downhill. Both very solid teams, wish I could go up to watch it.

Congrats to the Rams on their win over the Tigers.
100 + points go up in this game a whole lot of offense in a short amount of time
:closeenough:
Objective Wrote:100 + points go up in this game a whole lot of offense in a short amount of time

I will be absolutely shocked if that many points are scored. No one has scored over 38 pts on Raceland this year and the have held every team to atleast 12 pts below their average. I think you will see a final score of 30s for the victor and 20s to the loser.

I think i predicted Raceland winning 35-21. Too lazy to look it up. But the score will be close to that, no matter who wins.
I had no intention of putting that pic on there. Stupid smart phones!
I'd set the over under at 85.
Raceland 22 Pikeville 7
Youre crazy if you think pikeville will only score 7!
Most of these players would be lucky to make starting lineups in Texas, Florida, and several other states
Maybe sky…but ill take the heart of some of these players over a three star ath that believes in ME rather than WE
ballboy Wrote:Raceland 22 Pikeville 7

You must have hazard fever wake- up ballboy this will not be a defensive game. :welcome: Raceland or Pikeville to Williamsburg in 11 days good luck to both teams :Cheerlead
Pikeville
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Most of these players would not start in Louisville, Atlanta, Miami...ect.. But the thing is, we are not talking about schools n big cities. We are talking bout 2 small town teams in eastern Kentucky. I am a big fan of hs football I would be happy to see a great game and competitive spirit. I'll take a game like this over a national televised h.s. game anyday. This game is about pride, flat out.
And sounds to me like a lot of you guys are hung up on the past.. JetPilot especially. I was a 4 year letterman at Marshall University, played at both KY and WV high schools. Let me tell you, playoff football has nothing to do with the past. Its ONE GAME and ONE GAME only, win and move on. That's it. Throw all the scores and records out the window, you all can argue all you want but this game will be decided in 4 quarters on Friday night. The best team of 2013 wins.
Just back to read some posts... no smack talking here. GO RAMS!!!!!
WillBurg93 Wrote:Pikeville has played only teams,with 2 wins, so far in the playoffs. They need to change their names from the Panthers, to the Cupcakes.

This statement is about as ignorant as it gets. Do you really think any high school team in Ky. has the latitude to choose who they play in the playoffs? Have you even took the time to look at the Panthers regular season schedule?
Big Five-0- Wrote:This statement is about as ignorant as it gets. Do you really think any high school team in Ky. has the latitude to choose who they play in the playoffs? Have you even took the time to look at the Panthers regular season schedule?

Dont be too hard on him Five-O. He is another Wbirg fan who live in their diluted world of greatness. The two good teams they played this year, beat them easily. I would love to see them get over the hump though, finally winning a regional title and beat Hazard. Problem with that is, Hazard had 0 offense last year after Johnson went down. Only scored 6 pts and managed to win. They have almost the same defense and a better offense this year. Williamsburg's high powered offense always seems to come up short in the redzone in big games.
Heard from a few reliable sources that #22 and #45 are done for the remainder of the season.. If this is true, these two being out are a big loss for Pikeville. Any truth to this?
Ive said all season that Williamsburg and Raceland are in the same boat though. Still have alot to prove this season. In regaurds to Raceland, they have won district 20 district championships since the districts were formed(not quite sure whe they were), many times in more convincing fashion than they did this year. Still, they have never won a region title. They always ra into eventual state champs from NKY, then in realignment, they have always choked. Time for both of these teams to step up or they will always be solid programs who choke in the big games. Would love to see them both do it this year. But, imo, Wburgis a year away.
NoPicks Wrote:Heard from a few reliable sources that #22 and #45 are done for the remainder of the season.. If this is true, these two being out are a big loss for Pikeville. Any truth to this?

I have heard the same thing. Imo, though, they will be ok. Neither one were major factors in the run or passing game. Defensively seems to be where they will be missed the most(if they are indeed out), Black was the leading tackler with 49 and Pugh was tied for 3rd with 27.5. (got my numbers from khsaa), so that couldbe a factor for them o that side of the ball. Maybe jetpilot or five-o can give us some infor on them.
If 22 is out I think that could be a factor. He is another option out of the slot or the backfield and a stout kid.
If those loses are true then it sure hurts Pikevilles chances because both kids can be used in short yardage plays and black more so catching out of the back field and in the slot. Defense will sputter if black is out for Pikeville because he makes solid fundamental tackles..
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:Dont be too hard on him Five-O. He is another Wbirg fan who live in their diluted world of greatness. The two good teams they played this year, beat them easily. I would love to see them get over the hump though, finally winning a regional title and beat Hazard. Problem with that is, Hazard had 0 offense last year after Johnson went down. Only scored 6 pts and managed to win. They have almost the same defense and a better offense this year. Williamsburg's high powered offense always seems to come up short in the redzone in big games.

Your greatness Scotty Bronson just go an look willburg93 post made by willburg93 he is not a Williamsburg fan but anyway. :welcome: to Williamsburg an 64SUR JUST LOOK AT ALL POST MADE BY WILLBURG93 man y'all got Williamsburg on the brain next week we can argue :thanks:
Would love to see Pikeville move on...but think the Rams find revenge in an instant classic kind of game

Raceland 45
Pikeville 41
Big Five-0- Wrote:This statement is about as ignorant as it gets. Do you really think any high school team in Ky. has the latitude to choose who they play in the playoffs? Have you even took the time to look at the Panthers regular season schedule?

BIG FIVE-O someone is messing with you and it not a Williamsburg fan look at willbur93 post made by willburg93 JUST LOOK,we can argue next week :thanks:
Scotty_Bronson Wrote::closeenough:

I will be absolutely shocked if that many points are scored. No one has scored over 38 pts on Raceland this year and the have held every team to atleast 12 pts below their average. I think you will see a final score of 30s for the victor and 20s to the loser.

I think i predicted Raceland winning 35-21. Too lazy to look it up. But the score will be close to that, no matter who wins.

Pikeville has a better offense than Lawrence County, IMHO. They also have Estep and Hall who are the polar opposite of what LC's offense is based off. LC's biggest weakness was a lack of players with the ability to make a sudden change score.

In addition, Pikeville's defense will allow some quick change points to Raceland which results in the Panthers having more possessions. Wouldn't be shocked in the least to see this one turn into a shootout.
80 percent rain Friday night :rockon:
  •  Previous
  • 5(current)
  • Next