Poll: Who would you take?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
JJ Jude - Johnson Central
58.11%
Corey Davenport - Bell County
41.89%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JJ Jude or Corey Davenport
Eagle Pride 90` Wrote:High school back take your pick. College back JJ hands down. JJ's body is a freak of nature he will eventually be around 200 pounds. How many 165 pound running backs do you see at the next level? I've seen them play and Davenport is a little faster than JJ, but all this talk of 4.4 speed is ridiculous. Both are plenty fast but you are talking about NFL corner speed at 4.4. There are plenty good backs with 4.55 to 4.7 speed and theseare two of them.

Side note I think I heard someone say JJ had a 4.0 GPA.

i agree
Davenport

fo sur
Give me Corey Lyle
Whats their 40 times in full pads with the football in hand as if they was playing in the game? I believe that is what the poster is talking about when he said he doesnt really run a 4:43. However when you hear college kids at the nfl combines times those time are not in full pads either!
PinPoint Wrote:Give me Corey Lyle
:Thumbs:
this one is a tough Decision, ive watched them both play, and their both great high school running backs... I also watched play agianst each other and Id have to give the nod to Cory.. but i dont think that this should be a thread...
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Well tell the combines and WYMT that then about Cory's 4.43 speed. Cory will make it to college. Jude or Davenport neither one will be at the Div 1 so it doesnt matter.

Your opinions are starting to stink up BGR. How bout sticking to facts for a while instead of telling everybody how big and bad the Bobcats are and that they can't be beat and what the future might hold for a "kid". These two young men are both possible candidates for a D1 team. Get on the web sites and look at the measureables for speed backs. Just because they are running backs in high school don't mean that's what they may be scouted for. I think Jude is comparable to Fugate. I don't see Corey being a running back but that's not the only positions he can play. When it comes to your opinion on what a "kid" can and can't do and what their future holds, I think you should keep it to yourself. Yes they do get on here.
tehot05 Wrote:this one is a tough Decision, ive watched them both play, and their both great high school running backs... I also watched play agianst each other and Id have to give the nod to Cory.. but i dont think that this should be a thread...

I agree with the last sentence. Shouldn't put individuals against each other.
Southeast Bluegrass Wrote:Your opinions are starting to stink up BGR. How bout sticking to facts for a while instead of telling everybody how big and bad the Bobcats are and that they can't be beat and what the future might hold for a "kid". These two young men are both possible candidates for a D1 team. Get on the web sites and look at the measureables for speed backs. Just because they are running backs in high school don't mean that's what they may be scouted for. I think Jude is comparable to Fugate. I don't see Corey being a running back but that's not the only positions he can play. When it comes to your opinion on what a "kid" can and can't do and what their future holds, I think you should keep it to yourself. Yes they do get on here.

Guess what? I dont care about your opinion. :thanks:
Southeast Bluegrass Wrote:Your opinions are starting to stink up BGR. How bout sticking to facts for a while instead of telling everybody how big and bad the Bobcats are and that they can't be beat and what the future might hold for a "kid". These two young men are both possible candidates for a D1 team. Get on the web sites and look at the measureables for speed backs. Just because they are running backs in high school don't mean that's what they may be scouted for. I think Jude is comparable to Fugate. I don't see Corey being a running back but that's not the only positions he can play. When it comes to your opinion on what a "kid" can and can't do and what their future holds, I think you should keep it to yourself. Yes they do get on here.

Nah really. I know Cory D personally!
Bell Co. fans may get to see a RB that is just as good as either of these guys in the third round. Rowan Co. RB Darrell Cross.

Cross has been the best back in the NE over the last two years, and is getting a lot more college exposure than Jude and Davenport combined. Hes faster than both, and stronger.

Cross has 4214 career yards and 53 total rushing touchdowns, he also has had 12 kick off/punt returns.
i have to pick jude
The Iceboxx Wrote:Bell Co. fans may get to see a RB that is just as good as either of these guys in the third round. Rowan Co. RB Darrell Cross.

Cross has been the best back in the NE over the last two years, and is getting a lot more college exposure than Jude and Davenport combined. Hes faster than both, and stronger.

Cross has 4214 career yards and 53 total rushing touchdowns, he also has had 12 kick off/punt returns.

What grade is he in?
The Iceboxx Wrote:Bell Co. fans may get to see a RB that is just as good as either of these guys in the third round. Rowan Co. RB Darrell Cross.

He's a Senior though, Davenport and Jude are just Juniors.
Davenport's stats from last season and so far this season are:

21 games played in. Only have stats through 13 games for last year. He has only played in 8 games this year.

3,081 rushing yards, 52 rushing TD's on 288 carries.

avg 10.6 yards per carry.
avg 146 yards per game.

IF Dudley was a stats man Davenport could have had set multiple records. They worry about wins more than stats.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Davenport's stats from last season and so far this season are:

21 games played in. Only have stats through 13 games for last year. He has only played in 8 games this year.

3,081 rushing yards, 52 rushing TD's on 288 carries.

avg 10.6 yards per carry.
avg 146 yards per game.

IF Dudley was a stats man Davenport could have had set multiple records. They worry about wins more than stats.

Well we saw what happened when Johnson Central played Bell co., I think its going to be a show when Rowan does.

Davenport is a better back than Jude
Cross is a better back than Jude.

I guess in two weeks we will find out who is better between Davenport and Cross.:devilflam
What are Jude's career stats so far in his career?
The Iceboxx Wrote:Well we saw what happened when Johnson Central played Bell co., I think its going to be a show when Rowan does.

Davenport is a better back than Jude
Cross is a better back than Jude.

I guess in two weeks we will find out who is better between Davenport and Cross.:devilflam

You guys got to get by a very very good knox Central team first. I wouldn't be looking ahead that far.
Why doesn't Johnson Central ever turn in stats to the KHSAA for? Nothing last year or nothing this year so far.
If I ever coached football at the level we are talking I would run a wishbone, Power I, Wing T Offense. with that being said I would much rather have jude.

But if I ran a pro style, or spread offense I would want davenport.

Of course If I had both then I would have the most amazing wishbone offense around lol.
Eagle Pride 90` Wrote:High school back take your pick. College back JJ hands down. JJ's body is a freak of nature he will eventually be around 200 pounds. How many 165 pound running backs do you see at the next level? I've seen them play and Davenport is a little faster than JJ, but all this talk of 4.4 speed is ridiculous. Both are plenty fast but you are talking about NFL corner speed at 4.4. There are plenty good backs with 4.55 to 4.7 speed and theseare two of them.

Side note I think I heard someone say JJ had a 4.0 GPA.

:thumpsup:
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Cory Davenport has 1,311 rushing yards on 103 carries and 23 TD's in 8 games. He sat out 2 games. 74 yards receiving with 2 TD's.

Avg 12.7 yards per carry against teams like Green Co, Knox Central, Johnson Central, and Harlan Co. All being ranked in State.

I agree Stats don't mean much I saw Davenport play against Green Co. and he could have easily rushed for 300+ yards. Guy is a beast and has so much speed and quickness it's unreal.
I don't know about 40 times but Green Co. has a player that runs a 10.8 100 meter dash and Davenport left him like he was running in sand.

What type of 100 meter times do these guys run?
I've watched Jude and he was great i'm not sure about Davenport
Pigskinman53 Wrote:I agree Stats don't mean much I saw Davenport play against Green Co. and he could have easily rushed for 300+ yards. Guy is a beast and has so much speed and quickness it's unreal.

I just have always been a fan of a speedy back. If you cant catch them it will be hard to tackle them. :Thumbs:
JJ Jude is the best back that Boyle County has faced in many years. I'll go with Jude.
As for whether or not either of these guys play D1 ball at the running back position. All they need to do is take a look in the mirror. The same that that hurt Rees MacShara will likely hurt them as well. Sad but true... :flush:
I haven't seen either back but both sounds like excellent HS RBs. On a side note, I witnessed Woodford County's defense last night and their defense was woeful. Just an observation.

Are both of these backs seniors?
iceboxx dont you have knox next if i was you i would'nt be saving gas money for that game you will be taking up equipment that weekend
BluegrassBuckeye Wrote:As for whether or not either of these guys play D1 ball at the running back position. All they need to do is take a look in the mirror. The same that that hurt Rees MacShara will likely hurt them as well. Sad but true... :flush:

Where did McShara go? How has he done?