•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Central 61 - Knott Central 54 (OT)
Aslan Wrote:I agree with the bolded.

yeah i mean come on. i like knott, and cordia. but i dont go off the deep end when they get beat. but anyway, how tall is cornett? i'd like to put him and fugate in a gym and let em go at each other. hopefully they will get matched up in district. just wouldn't be no good if they got each other first game. lol.
greenstuff22 Wrote:yeah i mean come on. i like knott, and cordia. but i dont go off the deep end when they get beat. but anyway, how tall is cornett? i'd like to put him and fugate in a gym and let em go at each other. hopefully they will get matched up in district. just wouldn't be no good if they got each other first game. lol.

He's around 6'6" or 7. Yeah, I'd love to see that batltle. Two best big men in the region imo. Ah, I'd rather see them play first game, makes distirct a lot more meaningful and exciting.
I don't think this thread is going to make it.
king360 Wrote:I don't think this thread is going to make it.

why not ol' boy? me and the big cat here are just discussing some possible matchups.

but anyway, pcc vs. hazard, first round of district would be great. one less team to get in knott and perry's way. cause it has to be pcc vs. kcc in the finals.
PATS2011 Wrote:All I can say is there was NO charge. That's definitely the difference. But this shouldn't have happened ANYWAY! Knott should never have let Perry within 5 the rest of the game.

A charge is defined as being knocked down while playing legit defense while the offensive player lowers shoulder. The defender on Zach was not set and was running beside him, not playing defense, and just happened to end up in front when Zach stopped to take the shot. He didn't even lower his shoulder.

I wasn't there to see it with my own eyes, but both radio announcers said it was a good call.
stuart stamper makes a good case for top player in the mountains
I am a KCC fan, but I feel a very unbiased one. The call against Davis was the right call. He extended his arm and pushed off before he took the shot. That being said, this was allowed to occur all night long from both teams. The difference in the game, in my opinion was a bad coaching decision by Knott in the 3rd quarter. Knott switched from man to man to a zone defense. Perry Cenratl hit three 3's and a 2 in about two and a half minutes. Up to that point Perry had only one open look at a three and that came after the defender fell down. Knott was in control of the game at the point but Perry came back and took the lead while in the zone. I think that Knott wins the game if they stay man to man. Both teams are very evenly matched although they score in different ways. The team that gets the breaks will win the game. By the way, the no call against Tate in overtime was pathetic. He drove into the lane, pumped faked, the defender jumped into the air,Tate leaned in and the defender landed on top of him knocking him to the floor while he was shooting, an nothing was called. The players from both sides had stopped playing until Perry realized that the whistle hadn't blown. These are the two best teams in the 14th. That doesn't mean that one of these will win the 14th.
^ Thank you. I don't even see how the call at the end of regulation was debatable. Like alc88 said, Davis extended his arm, pushed the defender off him, just to get the shot off. It was definitely the right call. An excuse for Knott Co fans as why they didn't win.
baller4life Wrote:stuart stamper makes a good case for top player in the mountains

Definitely for the 14th region.
brian33 Wrote:Congratulations to both teams on playing well. As for the radio comments you obviously were not listening to the same one I was. The good news for both teams is that the 14th region tourn. will be played on a neutral site with 15th region officials. Everytime these two teams meet it is competitive and the fans support their teams to the end. Good luck to the Pats in the next game.

15th region refs? Yeah, that makes me feel real good.
KC 1973 Wrote:It still continues to amaze me that with all the varsity officials in the 14th region you three refs. first call a very important and fast paced girls game and then 20 mins. later the three same refs. come back all to call a very important and physical game like tonight and really feel that they were able the second game to perform their job with the performance that the players and the game deserves. IMO this should not happen at tonight's game nor any game. Whats everyone opinion? Rematch 2/12/10 at KCC.
Well the only thing you can say about that is that when you already had 5 original games on the schedule which is 15 officials already being used, and 3 or 4 make up games being played, which is 9-12 more officials, then this game is moved the day before which makes it hard when officials are already being sent all over the place to find 3 more. We only have so many that can call, So to even get this game played, that is the only way to cover it, by using the same 3 guys. Trust me it's not something we like to do, it's just something we have to do to get all the games covered through out the region. Very tough on Tommy Hall to get all these games covered like he does with all the changes that are made everyday. I'm sure the 3 guys last night did the best they could and when a game goes to overtime, what more can you expect.
alc88 Wrote:I am a KCC fan, but I feel a very unbiased one. The call against Davis was the right call. He extended his arm and pushed off before he took the shot. That being said, this was allowed to occur all night long from both teams. The difference in the game, in my opinion was a bad coaching decision by Knott in the 3rd quarter. Knott switched from man to man to a zone defense. Perry Cenratl hit three 3's and a 2 in about two and a half minutes. Up to that point Perry had only one open look at a three and that came after the defender fell down. Knott was in control of the game at the point but Perry came back and took the lead while in the zone. I think that Knott wins the game if they stay man to man. Both teams are very evenly matched although they score in different ways. The team that gets the breaks will win the game. By the way, the no call against Tate in overtime was pathetic. He drove into the lane, pumped faked, the defender jumped into the air,Tate leaned in and the defender landed on top of him knocking him to the floor while he was shooting, an nothing was called. The players from both sides had stopped playing until Perry realized that the whistle hadn't blown. These are the two best teams in the 14th. That doesn't mean that one of these will win the 14th.

When Knott went zone, it did open up 3 point opportunites for Perry. But when they was in man, Cornett/Martin, did pretty much what they wanted to in the paint. Knott's really not a great defensive team, so they really have to pick there poison.
greenstuff22 Wrote:why not ol' boy? me and the big cat here are just discussing some possible matchups.

but anyway, pcc vs. hazard, first round of district would be great. one less team to get in knott and perry's way. cause it has to be pcc vs. kcc in the finals.

I wasn't pointing that towards you and the cat.lol.I'm just saying it wont last too much longer.
greenstuff22 Wrote:why not ol' boy? me and the big cat here are just discussing some possible matchups.

Big cat haha, I like that.
Great game, as expected from the best 2 teams in the Region. Can't wait to watch Round 2! And hopefully if the draw goes right in the 54th district, maybe round 3 in the finals or semi-finals of the region. I thought Knott played as good as they could play for about 3 1/2 quarters, then had a few mistakes and started missing a few shots. Mullins for Perry had a good rebounding game, but missed some easy shots and didn't even score. Both teams could improve on the free throws, but they both lit it up from beyond the arc. They showed why they are the top 2 teams, good win for Perry, Knott has no reason to hang their heads. This game was pretty much just for bragging rights, didn't mean much more than that and the next one don't really mean much more either. The 3rd well that is a different story and we will have to wait and see if it happens.
I agree that KCC is not a great defensive team but half way through the third quarter Perry had 26 points. They scored 11 points in the next two and a half minutes against the zone. The best scoring threat for Perry, in my opinion is Chris Noble, why go zone and give him open looks? He had been a non-factor up until that point.
What a great game to watch last night. I thought that both teams played good. Stamper was hitting everything that he shot. Noble was forcing shots early but really showed up in the Overtime. Amis stepped up big and knock down some shots. Cox in opinion is still the best player in the region. Cornett played huged. Knott had no answer for him. As for the refs.... I thought it was call very unconsistent on both sides. Knott got alot of breaks early then Perry seem to get some late. However I felt it was a good call on the push off. Davis extended his arm and Amis played it great. I can't wait to see game 2 at Knott. These teams showed why they are two of best teams in mountians.
PATS2011 Wrote:All I can say is there was NO charge. That's definitely the difference. But this shouldn't have happened ANYWAY! Knott should never have let Perry within 5 the rest of the game.

A charge is defined as being knocked down while playing legit defense while the offensive player lowers shoulder. The defender on Zach was not set and was running beside him, not playing defense, and just happened to end up in front when Zach stopped to take the shot. He didn't even lower his shoulder.
I agree, .If PCC is so good and Hatcher is so great, why do the refs have to help them? Just curious
i really only have one thing to say about this game. lol
and that's see you in hindman. Wink
I think the biggest thing learned from this game was this region is pcc kcc on top and everyone else just along for the ride (with the exception on the Horn when they come to play). Congrats PCC. I blamed the refs for some bad calls at first because of some against kcc but as I was leaving I thought of how many calls for kcc I scratched my head but was happy at the time. Quick five count on pcc guys I only know because I was watching for it on the dribble. Earlier. Pcc will mostly likely lose a game similar to this one at kcc but if they meet again that'll be awesome. I challenge kcc fans to say congrats pcc and move on. These teams are near even and would most likely split 50/50 out of 100 games. As for the radio listeners who claim who the announcers thought were getting calls most educated ppl could say each of the two stations are biased towards their team so throw that out. Clutch shooting Amis and noble. :Thumbs:
And kcc, you gotta close out. Don't let the game come down to a call like that at the end. In the heat of the moment I thought bad call. But I HATE the notion of "lettem play it in the end" a foul is a foul and they were calling the flailing arm all night. No excuse. I was happy with kcc taking advantage of the foul to give at the end of the 4th. Again congrats dores.
I have said since the pre season that PCC is the best team in the region with Knott a close second. I have to say that Cornett has been impressive and I still think that PCC will win the 14th region. PCC is good team with a great Coach.

Congrats
greenstuff22 Wrote:tate needs to be benched. he thinks gettin huge muscles is gonna help his game. he is bad wrong, it has killed him this year. he isn't that big of a factor on offense anymore. but anyway, its a high school basketball game. and its sad you people get this tore up when you have been out of highschool for 2-3 years. if you wanna be in a ball game like that bad just play some 2 on 2 and wear some old jerseys of perry and knott. pcc won, who cares enough to get personally mad at someone.

but anyway, good game pcc. kcc wins the next meeting for sure. then the region will be a complete toss up. but kcc and pcc best not overlook the dawgs of haz. im looking foward to a pcc vs. hazard matchup in the district or region. i wanna see what cornett can do with fugate of haz. he is by far the best big man in the region.

Tate gets a lot of attenion, How do you think Stuart gets left open so much? Your probably just use to seeing Tate not miss much from when he was at JBS..The reason for that was his team mate was a top player in the state and drawed a lot of attention off of Tate. He might miss 4 or 5 shots he use to make but look at the defense he sees now. He hustles and makes the smartest plays on the court. Bench Tate and Hazard or Perry will easily be the top two team in the 14th. IMO
Overrated Wrote:Tate gets a lot of attenion, How do you think Stuart gets left open so much? Your probably just use to seeing Tate not miss much from when he was at JBS..The reason for that was his team mate was a top player in the state and drawed a lot of attention off of Tate. He might miss 4 or 5 shots he use to make but look at the defense he sees now. He hustles and makes the smartest plays on the court. Bench Tate and Hazard or Perry will easily be the top two team in the 14th. IMO

from the games i have watched, nobody has done anything special on defense against him, just straight up man with help defense on the drive. ill take back what i said. tate needs to get in the paint and to the rim, i guess i just meant he is a god awful shooter this year and should stick to his driving game. his 3 pt shot is off terribly, and that hasn't stopped him from shooting. and to be honest, his mid range game isn't all that great. he needs to create something at the rim. thats when he draws the defense and gets an easy dish or open 3 for someone else. and stamper isn't scoring cause of the defense on tate, stamper is scoring because he can, and because he can create his own shot. plus he doesn't lift weights during basketball season. that is the #1 reason why most players shots go away is because your not suppost to lift during the season. but i have heard tate does. but anyway, if i had to choose my offensive player between cox and stamper. im for sure goin with stamper.
I wasnt at the game but heard it got pretty ugly..
Congrats to PCC look forward to u coming to KCC!
I heard alot of HOME COOKING WENT ON THOUGH!
I havent said anything on this yet but i see every knott fan they putting it all on the refs and aslan has made some great points but anyway like i said in the pregame thread the cornett kid is to much for them to handle and i agree the fugate kid from hazard is by far the closest to his strengh and size around but that can be saved until they meet
But congrats dores on the W!!!!
If I had to pick a team as of right now to win the 14th region I would pick the Hazard Bulldogs because they are playing the best basketball as of right now...PCC and KCC better not look over them...as for this game I do believe the PCC will win at HOME and KCC will win at HOME...and when it come down to region time that KCC will win on a neutral floor...IMO KCC is the better team
timeout Wrote:I agree, .If PCC is so good and Hatcher is so great, why do the refs have to help them? Just curious

Excuse #5.
ladypatriot55 Wrote:i really only have one thing to say about this game. lol
and that's see you in hindman. Wink

Well see ya there ol girl!
Stlcardsfan Wrote:I think the biggest thing learned from this game was this region is pcc kcc on top and everyone else just along for the ride (with the exception on the Horn when they come to play). Congrats PCC. I blamed the refs for some bad calls at first because of some against kcc but as I was leaving I thought of how many calls for kcc I scratched my head but was happy at the time. Quick five count on pcc guys I only know because I was watching for it on the dribble. Earlier. Pcc will mostly likely lose a game similar to this one at kcc but if they meet again that'll be awesome. I challenge kcc fans to say congrats pcc and move on. These teams are near even and would most likely split 50/50 out of 100 games. As for the radio listeners who claim who the announcers thought were getting calls most educated ppl could say each of the two stations are biased towards their team so throw that out. Clutch shooting Amis and noble. :Thumbs:

I agree with most this. I think you also have to include Hazard in the group with PCC/KCC.
And thanks for mentioning the quick 5 count, without a doubt, one of the worsts calls I've seen in a while!
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next