Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 2010
Truely, in my opinion Shelby Valley will surprise many people this season. Yes, they did lose an amazing back field in BJ, Tanner, and Dillon, but the back field they will have this year is pretty dandy itself. Their JV was alright last year they lost 5 games, which is above .500 so that is good. They have many players thay have stepped up their game on the field and in the weightroom. Just in the past 3 weeks of spring ball, you can tell a big difference in the way they play. So, everyone wait and tell if you aren't surprised with the 2010 Shelby Valley football program. If you seriously aren't surprised you are just a hater.
This is hilarious. There is no logical reason that any of you can really come up with that says SV will be a good team next year. I'd like to see it, but I'm not blind. They lost a ton of solid players and I just dont know about the coach. Good luck though.
Uncle Fester Wrote:This is hilarious. There is no logical reason that any of you can really come up with that says SV will be a good team next year. I'd like to see it, but I'm not blind. They lost a ton of solid players and I just dont know about the coach. Good luck though.

Anthony Hampton can do wonders with defense. Offense on the other hand will need work. But, Shelby Valley will not be bad.
Come on' now. I saw the vids of them backs you put on here. No way you can replace them. Don't act like you done something amazing over there shelby valley was loaded from what all i have read and the highlights of those backs and they were just as good the year before. Let's see what you do this year with all that talent gone. Anybody can win with talent, see how many you win this year.
The Iceboxx Wrote:These teams return nothing, maybe a few solid players here of there, but nothing that jumps out at you. IMO Shelby Valley will still be a 25-30 point favorite over these teams. The games betweem Shelby Valley vs. KCC, East Ridge, Morgan, and Bath County havnt even been close. Bath had a great couple of classes of talent, but has fallen off the map again.

In the last couple of years here is SV's record and scores against these teams that you think are gonna flip the script and beat up on Shelby Valley.

In the last three seasons SV is 3-0 vs. KCC (48-0, 46-14, 55-0) That is a Avg. score of 49-4

In the last three seasons SV is 3-0 vs ER ( 52-13, 60-14, 61-19) That is a Avg. score of 57-15

In the last three seasons SV is 3-0 vs MC ( 49-8, 45-0, 49-0) That is a Avg. score of 47-3

In the last three seasons SV is 3-1 vs BC (23-12, 21-13, 12-14, 49-0) That is a Avg. score of 27- 9

Last season SV was 2-0 Vs. Leslie Co (41-0, 49-14) That is a Avg score of 45-7.

That makes Shelby Valley 14-1 vs. these schools.
That sums it up right here. Look at these teams your beating there. How bout playing a LCC OR A HCC. DON'T BRAG ON THE ABOVE THAT'S NO PROOF OF NOTHING EXCEPT YOU CAN BEAT UP ON THE SMALL DOGS.
the iceboxx Wrote:..........uhhhhh, im speechless
well that would be a first. Don't act like you are some gurus there, you boys stepped into 18 or 19 seniors from everything i have read. Like i said, see what you do this year. Them backs you boys had could have played for anybody in the state. You boys are lucky them other coaches came back to help you.
MR.PERFECT Wrote:well that would be a first. Don't act like you are some gurus there, you boys stepped into 18 or 19 seniors from everything i have read. Like i said, see what you do this year. Them backs you boys had could have played for anybody in the state. You boys are lucky them other coaches came back to help you.

So what are you trying to get at friend? "GURU"? Are you actually trying to imply that I'm not good at what I do? Ask around, or ask those running backs, I will forget more football , than you will ever know.

What Coaches are you speaking of? Coach Hampton is the only coach from the previous staff...

I want to keep stuff positive for Shelby Valley Football. I will be the first to tell you that every senior that moved on will be missed. From a Running back that rushed for over 1,500 yards, to a kid that only played on senior night. I never pretend to act like Shelby Valley is Belfry, or Breathitt. I keep stuff real, and try to have a positive outlook on football, and like to think that Valley football has a bright future.
the iceboxx Wrote:so what are you trying to get at friend? "guru"? are you actually trying to imply that i'm not good at what i do? Ask around, or ask those running backs, i will forget more football , than you will ever know.

What coaches are you speaking of? Coach hampton is the only coach from the previous staff...

I want to keep stuff positive for shelby valley football. I will be the first to tell you that every senior that moved on will be missed. From a running back that rushed for over 1,500 yards, to a kid that only played on senior night. I never pretend to act like shelby valley is belfry, or breathitt. I keep stuff real, and try to have a positive outlook on football, and like to think that valley football has a bright future.
those that know you cant figure out just exactly where you got all this experience. You didn't make them backs son, the 3 years before you got there did. They were good and could have started for belfry or breathitt from the highlight vids on here i saw. Don't try to take credit for how good those backs were, they were good i'm sure because they worked their butts off not because you just popped in there and " made" them. You didn't make them look good, they made you look good son.
MR.PERFECT Wrote:those that know you cant figure out just exactly where you got all this experience. You didn't make them backs son, the 3 years before you got there did. They were good and could have started for belfry or breathitt from the highlight vids on here i saw. Don't try to take credit for how good those backs were, they were good i'm sure because they worked their butts off not because you just popped in there and " made" them. You didn't make them look good, they made you look good son.

righhhhhttttt!

My eperience comes from winning HS games, breaking HS rushing records , etc. I have nothing to prove to anyone, especially someone who is grasping as straws to make a point on a free forum.

I will never once claim the talent that a kid is born with, but when Shelby Valley has again another 1500 yard rusher next season or maybe even multiple 1K rushers, I will be laughing at this conversation.
how many kids from annually bad schools rush for 1500 yards.

Quite a few I would suspect, the thing to bed an effective high school team is to not have 1 or 2 people carry the ball 200+ times, any average Joe can rush 300 times for 1500 yards.

What would be impressive to me is to see 3 backs from valley run for 800-1000 yards and have 200-300 yards catching the ball.

Balance makes high school teams hard to beat, good teams can defensivly scheme a gameplan to stop two people but if you have a couple of recievers and a couple of backs that can hurt you makes the team much harder to stop.

I am from valley, and yes they ran for a gazillion yards last year but how many of those yards came against lawerance, pburg, clintwood and Corbin (imo the only teams worth mentioning on valleys schedule last year, not because of Coach Norman but because Saunders watered it down to make hisself look good so you can hold that against the new staff)

If valley can spread the wealth around they will be much better off, they have to many athletes on the field to be in a two tight bone running belly, go with so other offense and get 5-6 kids the ball on a regular basis, make the defense have to scheme for the whole team not just 2 kids.
MR.PERFECT Wrote:That sums it up right here. Look at these teams your beating there. How bout playing a LCC OR A HCC. DON'T BRAG ON THE ABOVE THAT'S NO PROOF OF NOTHING EXCEPT YOU CAN BEAT UP ON THE SMALL DOGS.

Leslie is far from a small dog, just a bad year or two. 4 years ago in the playoffs they beat us by around 40.
MR.PERFECT Wrote:That sums it up right here. Look at these teams your beating there. How bout playing a LCC OR A HCC. DON'T BRAG ON THE ABOVE THAT'S NO PROOF OF NOTHING EXCEPT YOU CAN BEAT UP ON THE SMALL DOGS.

Why would Shelby Valley play LCC, or HCC? Valley has an male enrollment of around 200. Theyre a small 2A school. Why would they play a schedule full of 5A competition. Leslie, KCC, Bath, Morgan are all 2A teams. Valley played a respectuful schedule that included 3A PCC, 4A Lawrence, 2A Prestonsburg, and Powerhouse Clintwood VA.
So what's the news with the transfers I've heard about for next year..Besides Reynolds that is!
they will have a great team this year even though they are losing alot of ppl they are gaining alot of great players...
whats the news on the rusty roberts kid is he transfering to ER or is it jus a rumor?
After Valley losing all of them seniors, im gonna say they will be lucky to win 5 games.. I hope Im wrong tho-
same ol' valley. lets run it down they're throats. PASS THE BALL. defense i must admit is solid. anthony hampton handles the defense very well. offense just worked that well due to their talent they had last year. but that was valleys most athletic class to walk the halls.

offense will suffer. norman will run, run, run, even when there's 11 stacked in the box. maybe if they'd let normans son control the offense, they wouldnt be so predictable.
If normans son ran the offense it would be in worse shape than it is now.
They litterally have no football knowledge at all. Besides ICEBOXX Being aN OK player on a mediocer team, playing a watered down schedule, and breaking records or whatever you did that doesnt mean you have any knowledge.
Does anyone know if the schedules are up on KHSAA? I would love to look at them and see how many wins I think they could get.
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Does anyone know if the schedules are up on KHSAA? I would love to look at them and see how many wins I think they could get.

well we know you chickened out and wouldnt play sheldon clark so you dont have to worry about that loss.. :igiveup:
monster_energy Wrote:well we know you chickened out and wouldnt play sheldon clark so you dont have to worry about that loss.. :igiveup:

Wow, that came out of no where. I was simply asking for a 2010 season schedule.
[SIZE="4"]
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
I don't know about the rest of the schedule, but I do know they are playing Pulaski County the final week of the regular season. That's a pretty big step up in competition. PC is a Region Champion in class 5A and went to semi-state losing to Highlands. The Maroons have a very good group coming back including QB Zack Eastham, who will be one the best in the mountains this year. RB Alex Abner, who is as dangerous as anyone out of the backfield, along with virtually the entire starting defense from 2009. As I said, I don't know about the rest of the schedule, but SV did step up in class for the last game of the regular season.
Still not sure on when the "open date" is, but this is what the schedule will look like and for the most partis basically finalized.

Breathitt Co-Scrimmage

@knott County Central

East Ridge-Pike County Bowl-SV host

Lawrence County

Pike County Central

@ Leslie County

Clintwood VA.

Bath County

@ Morgan County

Prestonsburg

Pulaski County
I see 6 wins. I think that is a good year. Breathitt, Leslie, and Prestonsburg are two I would say no way on.
[SIZE="4"]
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I see 6 wins. I think that is a good year. Breathitt, Leslie, and Prestonsburg are two I would say no way on.

What are you talking about?

This is a good schedule that has a wide diverse group of offenses and scheme...BTW Breathitt co. is a scrimmage.

The toughest game will by far be senior night vs. Pulaski Co. They should come out pre season top 10 in 5A. Followed by tough games against Lawrence Co, and Clintwood. Also will be very competitive games against Pike County Central and Prestonsburg. The other 5 games IMO will be wins.

So IMO Shelby Valley could have a 5 win season, or they could have a 7 win season
As far as Brett Reynolds is concerned, I wish him the very best at Shelby Valley. He is a very good player and will contribute tremendously. If I had my way he would be playing for JC.
The Iceboxx Wrote:Still not sure on when the "open date" is, but this is what the schedule will look like and for the most partis basically finalized.

Breathitt Co-Scrimmage

@knott County Central

East Ridge-Pike County Bowl-SV host

Lawrence County

Pike County Central

@ Leslie County

Clintwood VA.

Bath County

@ Morgan County

Prestonsburg

Pulaski County

PCB at SV again? East Ridge has played Shelby Valley at SV for the last 5 years. This is getting stupid.
wildcat1323 Wrote:If normans son ran the offense it would be in worse shape than it is now.
They litterally have no football knowledge at all. Besides ICEBOXX Being aN OK player on a mediocer team, playing a watered down schedule, and breaking records or whatever you did that doesnt mean you have any knowledge.

Ouch.:popcorn:
Yes we did lose a great senior class full of leadership and talent but like almost every other team in the state we will have to account for it and get the job done
yes shelby valley lost a great senior class..but they have a great coach and some good players i think they will come out strong this upcoming year..and come in third or fourth to being the best team in district..