Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County 41 Harlan County 14
Fiftyishfootballmom Wrote:Alcoa beat Christian Academy of Knoxville (CAK) tonight 24-7. We are a #1 seed and have hopes to go all the way this year. Wish us luck, we have some tough teams ahead of us. I predict that Alcoa will play Milan (a West TN team) in the playoffs this year. Good luck to Bell

IMO Alcoa goes all the way. (with or without luck)
Alright...I just looked at this thread for the first time and will be cleaning up some posts. Everyone keep it on topic moving forward. Just a reminder, we are trying to implement a button to "Report a Post"..but until then if you see something that you feel needs to be brought to a moderators attention please send one of us a PM at once and we will take a look at it.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Alright...I just looked at this thread for the first time and will be cleaning up some posts. Everyone keep it on topic moving forward. Just a reminder, we are trying to implement a button to "Report a Post"..but until then if you see something that you feel needs to be brought to a moderators attention please send one of us a PM at once and we will take a look at it.

Changing the subject for a minute EKUAlum05. How sick was you saturday night at Commonwealth? What the heck was the defense doing? That game is a typical backbreaker for Uk year in and year out. That one hurt us.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Alright...I just looked at this thread for the first time and will be cleaning up some posts. Everyone keep it on topic moving forward. Just a reminder, we are trying to implement a button to "Report a Post"..but until then if you see something that you feel needs to be brought to a moderators attention please send one of us a PM at once and we will take a look at it.

Sounds great thanks.
easyM Wrote:Changing the subject for a minute EKUAlum05. How sick was you saturday night at Commonwealth? What the heck was the defense doing? That game is a typical backbreaker for Uk year in and year out. That one hurt us.

I'll send ya a PM so we keep this thread on track after it de-railed and ended up somewhere in Arkansas already Big Grin
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Cory Davenport scampered for 149 yards and scored three touchdowns in only about a quarter and a half. Yeah we could be like alot of teams and run up the score and kept the Varsity O in but we didnt.

Did Davenport score Bell's last TD in the 3rd quarter?
Conj: to Bell Co. on this win! Conj: to Bell Co. on the season but to say Larkey can't beat Bell. Bell has more talent than Harlan, That statement was not fair. Good Luck to all the Teams from Dist.7 4A in the play-offs. I'll be for whoever is left at the end.:Cheerlead
devon mason Wrote:coach larkey still cant beat bell

He has beaten them about 10 times before, the most recent was in 2006, twice I believe in a row that year Devon...
Has anybody beat Bell more than Larkey?
I doubt it.
devon mason Wrote:coach larkey still cant beat bell
Devon.....How could you on that now.........Coach Larkey has beaten Bell County as 3wishes said with the most recent in 2006 twice, you was on that team man come on, think.......lol.
http://www.harlandaily.com/pages/full_st...eft_column

Good atricle on the game
lifelongbellfan50 Wrote:IMO Alcoa goes all the way. (with or without luck)

Thank you Lifelong, I sure hope you are right! GO BOBCATS
CATDAD2 Wrote:Thanks, good luck to you and your team:Cheerlead:redboxer:

Thank you Catdad. Hope we bring home 6 this year.
3wishes Wrote:He has beaten them about 10 times before, the most recent was in 2006, twice I believe in a row that year Devon...

10 times??????:please:
easyM Wrote:10 times??????:please:

In just a cursory look I found:

2000 one win by Rockastle
2001 two wins by Rock
2002 two wins by Rock
2005 one win
2006 one or two wins over Bell

There's 8 without going into the 90's. My guess is 10 times is probably closer to the truth on just a cursory glance. I'm assuming they played sometimes before they were in the same classification together.
Hatz Wrote:In just a cursory look I found:

2000 one win by Rockastle
2001 two wins by Rock
2002 two wins by Rock
2005 one win
2006 one or two wins over Bell

There's 8 without going into the 90's. My guess is 10 times is probably closer to the truth on just a cursory glance. I'm assuming they played sometimes before they were in the same classification together.
They also won against them back in 1982 with a final score of 40-0, it is 9 times that we beat Bell with my senior year being the most recent, We played Bell County from 1982-1990, did'nt play them again until 1999 to present
wow this went from bell harlan to bell rock and i have not been on here that much not my fault this tiime
I'm just wondering what the stats for Bell Co and Boyle Co??
Looking at Lex Cath and how they played Trinty 14-13 I would have to say Boyle might just get all they want in the game with Catholic.....
BigBlueBobcatFan Wrote:wow this went from bell harlan to bell rock and i have not been on here that much not my fault this tiime

me neither, after friday I been chillin out......
rocket01 Wrote:They also won against them back in 1982 with a final score of 40-0, it is 9 times that we beat Bell with my senior year being the most recent, We played Bell County from 1982-1990, did'nt play them again until 1999 to present

In 82 this school was not in exsistence.
We started this program in 84-85 year.
I don't even know what the head to head match up results are.
Keep in mind, Dudley wasn't here for several of those losses.
easyM Wrote:In 82 this school was not in exsistence.
We started this program in 84-85 year.
I don't even know what the head to head match up results are.
Keep in mind, Dudley wasn't here for several of those losses.

So Dudley wasn't there from 2000 to present????

You're the one that stated :please: as if Larkey could not have defeated Bell and Dudley 10 times but the data shows it's that if not more. :eyeroll:
BobCatFan29 Wrote:I'm just wondering what the stats for Bell Co and Boyle Co??
Looking at Lex Cath and how they played Trinty 14-13 I would have to say Boyle might just get all they want in the game with Catholic.....

Lex Cath is a very good team. Their schedule is about as tough as anyone's (Cov Cath, St. X, Lone Oak, Boyle County, LCA, Trinity, Whitley County). They will give Boyle a very tough game, but don't forget that Boyle has already beaten them once this season. To even make it to Bowling Green, Boyle will have to beat Lex Cath AND Bell County.
Hatz Wrote:So Dudley wasn't there from 2000 to present????

You're the one that stated :please: as if Larkey could not have defeated Bell and Dudley 10 times but the data shows it's that if not more. :eyeroll:

Dudley was at Bell from 83-97. He came back in 2001
kmba32 Wrote:Dudley was at Bell from 83-97. He came back in 2001

So he would have been there for all but one I listed. :thanks:
Hatz Wrote:So he would have been there for all but one I listed. :thanks:

IDK i was just telling you the years he has been at Bell. I know Larkey is a very good coach, and has beat Bell many times. And more then likely will again IMO.
easyM Wrote:10 times??????:please:

10 Times

No one was making this a Larkey vs. Hilton matchup but there are 8 wins right there.

I think Larkey vs. Hilton is 8-12
Larkey vs. Bell County is 10-12

I'd say these two have faced off against each other more than anyone else against them, great rivalry.

I don't think he was there for a couple of them. Rock never beat us in the 90's. So no, the did not beat us 10 times. You might want to use that as a trivia question on your radio show.
Hatz Wrote:So he would have been there for all but one I listed. :thanks:

You need to keep in mind what the program had slipped to when Dud returned. It took several years to get it back going again. That being said Rockcastle had a heck of a program during that time.
There's always someone who can beat you. I'm sure Larkey will win some more against Bell.

And the data does not show that to be true.
3wishes Wrote:1974

10 Times

No one was making this a Larkey vs. Hilton matchup but there are 8 wins right there.

I think Larkey vs. Hilton is 8-12
Larkey vs. Bell County is 10-12

I'd say these two have faced off against each other more than anyone else against them, great rivalry.
We (Rockcastle) played Bell twice in 2005, the second time was for the regional championship. The total would have to be 11, which has to be your favorite number.:biggrin: