Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elisha Justice commits to Louisville
mister... basketball Wrote:elisha will only get to be back up if he earns a spot. we all know pitino will sign more point guards, better point guards for that matter than elisha. i wanna see elisha play against a good school like scott county or holmes. wonder how elisha would matchup against gelawn guyn or ricardo johnson or someone like that. he plays in the weakest region in the state i mean come on. yes i know pitino sees potential in him or he wouldnt have came to valley and watched him play but i dont see elisha getting playing time at louisville. d-1 teams have players that are 6'5 and as athletic and as quick as him, he hasnt seen that before. i believe he should have waited until after this year to see what other options he has, because i dont think he will fair too well at louisville.

Good post!! :Thumbs:
mister... basketball Wrote:elisha will only get to be back up if he earns a spot. we all know pitino will sign more point guards, better point guards for that matter than elisha. i wanna see elisha play against a good school like scott county or holmes. wonder how elisha would matchup against gelawn guyn or ricardo johnson or someone like that. he plays in the weakest region in the state i mean come on. yes i know pitino sees potential in him or he wouldnt have came to valley and watched him play but i dont see elisha getting playing time at louisville. d-1 teams have players that are 6'5 and as athletic and as quick as him, he hasnt seen that before. i believe he should have waited until after this year to see what other options he has, because i dont think he will fair too well at louisville.

Elisha has committed to Louisville as a walk-on, but I really think that will change through the season. Not saying they'll give him a scholly, just saying he will go somewhere else that offers him one.

I really wish Valley would go down in the state and play teams like Holmes and so on, on their home court. But, you schedule what you can, I guess.

Just like going from Middle School ball to High School, it's a whole new ball game. He's now going from the 15th region (weakest in the state), to playing Major D1 ball in the Big East against the likes of UCONN, Marquette, Notre Dame, Syracuse, G-town, Pitt, Cincy, Villanova and West Virginia, night in and night out. He's got the work ethic, but he is not use to that type of competition and talent level. PG's 6'2 and taller, guys 6'5 and taller that can jump out the gym. Penetrating in the paint around here, is not like going to the basketball against the likes of Greg monroe from G-town, Harangody from ND, and so on. Your 5'10, quick and you have someone 6'3 or taller, as quick or quicker, used to playing against d1 talent and competition all up in your face, day in and day out, its a whole new ball game.

Good Luck Elisha. IMO, Justice is more suited for Marshall, EKU, WKU or somewhere along that line.

He spent the entire summer playing against the best in the nation on the AAU circuit. Coach Pitino first saw him playing in the tournament in Las Vegas and was impressed enough to remember him when it came time to recruit. He has played against bigger 5-star recruits for the past few years and has never been shown up. Coach Pitino came to Valley to "see if he was quick enough for the Big East conference" and was "impressed". That should say enough.Quit doubting the young man and wish him your best....or just don't say anything.:please:
John Wall comparison keeps coming up so just so you guys know John Wall is a once every 5 year type of point gaurd. A Player with his ability does not come around very often.

How many good players go NAIA and small D-1 and never get looked at by a top 10 program with a Hall of Fame coach?

Dont take your dislike for SV's fans out on this thread. Here's a reality check. We have a kid from right here in the mountains better than that a holler in Dorton Ky who is going to play in the Big East and travel the country and world and play basketball. And whether you like it or not Pitino's track record shows that he will give Justice a chance to earn playing time. If its a backup role to a five star point gaurd his entire career so what the kid is living his dream. A lot of jeolousy and immaturity has been displayed in this thread.
This summer he did play against Scott Co. at the KBA.

Shelby Valley 80 Scott County 73 (Semifinal) - Ashley Hatfield led Shelby Valley with 26 points including five three point baskets. Tyler Newsome added 20 points including three three point baskets. Elisha Justice recorded 13 points. Shelby Valley recorded 11 three point baskets for the game. Ge-Lawn Guyn and Chad Jackson led Scott County with 26 and 25 points respectively.
JIMLEE58 Wrote:He spent the entire summer playing against the best in the nation on the AAU circuit. Coach Pitino first saw him playing in the tournament in Las Vegas and was impressed enough to remember him when it came time to recruit. He has played against bigger 5-star recruits for the past few years and has never been shown up. Coach Pitino came to Valley to "see if he was quick enough for the Big East conference" and was "impressed". That should say enough.Quit doubting the young man and wish him your best....or just don't say anything.:please:
you know as well as i do that if he signs another SCHOLARSHIP point guard, that player is going to play over justice. this is landon slone made over, when he starts at louisville let me know. also do me another favor and let me know when he drops 20 on UCONN cuz i will gladly take everything i said back i promise. think realistic, i mean yea hes a good player dont get me wrong. but im tired of hearing all this crap. hes not michael jordan, this is the 15th region he plays in. THE WEAKEST IN THE STATE!!!! i wish him best of luck where ever he goes but i just think he would fit in more at a college like WKU, EKU, or Marshall or some team of that nature.
cart man Wrote:This summer he did play against Scott Co. at the KBA.

Shelby Valley 80 Scott County 73 (Semifinal) - Ashley Hatfield led Shelby Valley with 26 points including five three point baskets. Tyler Newsome added 20 points including three three point baskets. Elisha Justice recorded 13 points. Shelby Valley recorded 11 three point baskets for the game. Ge-Lawn Guyn and Chad Jackson led Scott County with 26 and 25 points respectively.
hmm i see some problems here.

for one i congratulate shelby valley on the win
but notice a few things, first of all the match up:
elisha justice 13 gelawn guyn 26??? my point exactly Wink
and where was dakota euton? ashley would have been lucky
to score 14 if dakota was there without the ankle injury.
5timechamp Wrote:John Wall comparison keeps coming up so just so you guys know John Wall is a once every 5 year type of point gaurd. A Player with his ability does not come around very often.

How many good players go NAIA and small D-1 and never get looked at by a top 10 program with a Hall of Fame coach?

Dont take your dislike for SV's fans out on this thread. Here's a reality check. We have a kid from right here in the mountains better than that a holler in Dorton Ky who is going to play in the Big East and travel the country and world and play basketball. And whether you like it or not Pitino's track record shows that he will give Justice a chance to earn playing time. If its a backup role to a five star point gaurd his entire career so what the kid is living his dream. A lot of jeolousy and immaturity has been displayed in this thread.

I never heard of Justice until he commited to UL to be honest but I'm still not sold that he can play with any guard in the big east, but if he is happy being last man on the bench, I say he made a good decision. And I'm not sold that he played top notch 5* guards in AAU and never got showed up. Come on people, a bit delusional aren't we??:popcorn:
Wildcats11 Wrote:I never heard of Justice until he commited to UL to be honest but I'm still not sold that he can play with any guard in the big east, but if he is happy being last man on the bench, I say he made a good decision. And I'm not sold that he played top notch 5* guards in AAU and never got showed up. Come on people, a bit delusional aren't we??:popcorn:

You've never heard of him, yet you're not sold he'll be able to play in the Big East? That's logical. :yawn:

He'll get to play, maybe not in his 1st year or 2 but eventually he'll earn some playing time. Nobody is delusional. For those of us that have watched him play, we are well aware that he can hold his own against these "big time recruits".
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:You've never heard of him, yet you're not sold he'll be able to play in the Big East? That's logical. :yawn:

He'll get to play, maybe not in his 1st year or 2 but eventually he'll earn some playing time. Nobody is delusional. For those of us that have watched him play, we are well aware that he can hold his own against these "big time recruits".

How many big time recruits?

The team from Walton, GA.?

Big time recruits usually start their first year or are 6th/7th man off the bench.
alfus21 Wrote:You've never heard of him, yet you're not sold he'll be able to play in the Big East? That's logical. :yawn:

Well Teague will likely end up at UL and guys like him and Siva are head over heals better than him I know for a fact or he wouldn't be rated #78 point guard in his class.Confusedhh:
Wildcats11 Wrote:I never heard of Justice until he commited to UL to be honest but I'm still not sold that he can play with any guard in the big east, but if he is happy being last man on the bench, I say he made a good decision. And I'm not sold that he played top notch 5* guards in AAU and never got showed up. Come on people, a bit delusional aren't we??:popcorn:

Alright if we want to go on reality and not delusions. SV vs Walton GA. EJ versus 4 star Rice Jr (2009) and 5 star PG Harrow (2010). The Expo was full so Im sure we have lots of witnesses who are BGR Members. Ask around.
5timechamp Wrote:Alright if we want to go on reality and not delusions. SV vs Walton GA. EJ versus 4 star Rice Jr (2009) and 5 star PG Harrow (2010). The Expo was full so Im sure we have lots of witnesses who are BGR Members. Ask around.

So in other words you're telling me that Justice should be a 5* player coming out of high school??? :eyeroll:
5timechamp Wrote:Alright if we want to go on reality and not delusions. SV vs Walton GA. EJ versus 4 star Rice Jr (2009) and 5 star PG Harrow (2010). The Expo was full so Im sure we have lots of witnesses who are BGR Members. Ask around.

I was told Harrow shook Justice on more than one occasion.
Here is another game from Ron Harrison's site from this summer.

Derek Smith 89 KY Players 87 (OT) (Quarterfinal)
Elisha Justice hit a driving layup at the buzzer to give Derek Smith the victory. Madison Johnson, Elisha Justice, Ashley Hatfield, and Corey Rogers led Derek Smith with 22, 19, 14, and 12 points respectively. Elijah Pittman, Jeremiah Johnson, Ramel Hicks, and Ricardo Johnson led KY Players with 24, 19, 14, and 10 points respectively.

Derek Smith (89) - Justice 19, Barnhill 7, Peurach 2, Hatfield 14, Johnson 22, Rogers 12, Stepp 9, Hardy 4.
KY Players (87) - R. Johnson 10, J. Johnson 19, Avery 7, Hicks 14, Cephas 3, Tolliver 7, Rice 4, Pittman 24.
uhavenoidea Wrote:I was told Harrow shook Justice on more than one occasion.

Harrow scored like what 6 points? And E dropped about 20 on him? If you're a 4 star, who progressed over the year to a 5 star, you don't let a no star drop 20 on you. Elisha is just underrated by so man people.
cart man Wrote:Here is another game from Ron Harrison's site from this summer.

Elisha Justice hit a driving layup at the buzzer to give Derek Smith the victory. Madison Johnson, Elisha Justice, Ashley Hatfield, and Corey Rogers led Derek Smith with 22, 19, 14, and 12 points respectively. Elijah Pittman, Jeremiah Johnson, Ramel Hicks, and Ricardo Johnson led KY Players with 24, 19, 14, and 10 points respectively.

Derek Smith (89) - Justice 19, Barnhill 7, Peurach 2, Hatfield 14, Johnson 22, Rogers 12, Stepp 9, Hardy 4.
KY Players (87) - R. Johnson 10, J. Johnson 19, Avery 7, Hicks 14, Cephas 3, Tolliver 7, Rice 4, Pittman 24.

This was the game where all the excuses were made for the big 3 from Holmes. Holmes fans completely blew this game off as a fluke.
For someone so grounded in reality and not delusions I would think you would stay away from statements like "So in other words". Did you find out how the game went yet?
cart man Wrote:Here is another game from Ron Harrison's site from this summer.

Got any games from Vegas?

Here's the link to the whole tournament. Plus this one game here.

http://www.kyprephoops.com/0910/09AAUB15B16B17AS.html
PC_You_Know Wrote:Harrow scored like what 6 points? And E dropped about 20 on him?

Well since "E" should be a 5* player and outplayed every guy he has faced I'll take back what I said. :HitWall:
PC_You_Know Wrote:This was the game where all the excuses were made for the big 3 from Holmes. Holmes fans completely blew this game off as a fluke.

PC I remember Jody Demling saying this was the play of the year in Kentucky AAU and that EJ dusted the guy with a crossover that led to the layup.
I'm getting about tired of people bashing Elisha because he's not on scholarship. Do you people not understand ELISHA DOESN'T NEED A SCHOLARSHIP! He can go to Louisville and get most, if not all of his college experience paid for by academic scholarships and family pay. Just because you're not on scholarship doesn't mean you're bad. Scholarships are for the kids who need them, sometimes the kids who grew up in the slums and shined in their neighborhoods, who NEED money to go to college. No need for Elisha to take a scholarship from one of them.
Wildcats11 Wrote:Well since "E" should be a 5* player and outplayed every guy he has faced I'll take back what I said. :HitWall:

Get off of this thread, you don't even know who Elisha is, if you keep posting, I'm ignoring all of your posts. Sorry, but you admitted you had no clue who he was, you haven't seen him play.
PC_You_Know Wrote:I'm getting about tired of people bashing Elisha because he's not on scholarship. Do you people not understand ELISHA DOESN'T NEED A SCHOLARSHIP! He can go to Louisville and get most, if not all of his college experience paid for by academic scholarships and family pay. Just because you're not on scholarship doesn't mean you're bad. Scholarships are for the kids who need them, sometimes the kids who grew up in the slums and shined in their neighborhoods, who NEED money to go to college. No need for Elisha to take a scholarship from one of them.
ok when he drops 20 or 30 on UCONN, Marquette, Georgetown or any other good team in the big east then nothing more will be said. but thats not going to happen im sorry. theres nothing wrong with wishful thinking Wink
PC_You_Know Wrote:Get off of this thread, you don't even know who Elisha is, if you keep posting, I'm ignoring all of your posts. Sorry, but you admitted you had no clue who he was, you haven't seen him play.

You are correct, I haven't saw him play and that's why I'm trying to figure who the guy is. I mean if he outplayed the top talent in the nation, one would think he would at least be a 2* star player. I've ask around about him and I've heard he is a good player but stands at about 5'8 and to me that's just to small to play in the big east these days. But I don't want to start a arguement over something I know nothing about, so this will be my last post on this thread. :Thumbs:
mister... basketball Wrote:ok when he drops 20 or 30 on UCONN, Marquette, Georgetown or any other good team in the big east then nothing more will be said. but thats not going to happen sorry. theres nothing wrong with wishful thinking Wink

HOLD THE PHONES THIS IS GROUNDBEAKING STUFF RIGHT HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Mister Basketball Hoops Crediblity Test. So all you players out there score 20 or 30 on one of these listed teams or any other good team whoever that may be and Mister Basketball will not post uninformed messages about you anymore. That is a heck of a prize. :lmao:
PC_You_Know Wrote:I'm getting about tired of people bashing Elisha because he's not on scholarship. Do you people not understand ELISHA DOESN'T NEED A SCHOLARSHIP! He can go to Louisville and get most, if not all of his college experience paid for by academic scholarships and family pay. Just because you're not on scholarship doesn't mean you're bad. Scholarships are for the kids who need them, sometimes the kids who grew up in the slums and shined in their neighborhoods, who NEED money to go to college. No need for Elisha to take a scholarship from one of them.

So your saying, that 95% of the players on scholarship at any college are poor or below middle class citizens.

Don't think they give scholarships to players that deserve their scholarship?

So, let me get this straight. Your middle class or above and a 5 star recruit, getting offers from Cincy, Ole Miss, South Carolina etc. but you would take a walk-on offer from someone like L-ville just because you have the money.

Elisha works his tail off for a reason and I'm sure part of his decision was that he could work hard and play great this season and maybe get that scholarship to L-ville, not because he can afford to go whomever.
5timechamp Wrote:HOLD THE PHONES THIS IS GROUNDBEAKING STUFF RIGHT HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Mister Basketball Hoops Crediblity Test. So all you players out there score 20 or 30 on one of these listed teams or any other good team whoever that may be and Mister Basketball will not post uninformed messages about you anymore. That is a heck of a prize. :lmao:

Will he start at L-ville, in your opinion?

Great honor to walk on there, just a general question.
Wildcats11 Wrote:I'm not to familiar with this kid but do you seriously think he can hang with guys like John Wall??

John Wall is an exceptional player, but in my honest opinion, I think Justice will be able to hold his own. The size difference may be a bit of a challenge since justice is around 5'11, but he is very quick and defensively sound. IMO justice is good enough to be backup pg for Siva as of right now. It will be interesting to see how much he will improve playing under Pitino in the future.

You should make a trip to a Valley game in the near future to watch this young man play. :Thumbs:[url=http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&ct=res&cd=1&ved=0CAwQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thefreedictionary.com%2Fdefensively&rct=j&q=defensively&ei=MS3nSti9FpCKNufptJ4I&usg=AFQjCNFZkz8OVSc8xo8caVb_GDg4XC4PLQ&sig2=UNeCNoAtRK4oTAF90E_efw][/url]
5timechamp Wrote:HOLD THE PHONES THIS IS GROUNDBEAKING STUFF RIGHT HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

im just saying whats up with all this elisha hype? wow hes walking on at louisville, thats one thing. but will he actually get to play is the question. theres better players out there that pitino will sign and they will play over elisha end of story. people around pike county think elisha is michael jordan or something, lets go downtown and replace that statue in the park with a statue of elisha lmao! be realistic.