Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Knox Central
17.14%
Bell County
82.86%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knox Central @ Bell County 10/2
Football1 Wrote:KC continues to gain ground on their neighbor.
knox central kids are good but dont matter until therr in high school
logmountainboy64 Wrote:God u have drunk to much of the KC koolaid....

Bell will stomp knox central hold them to 3 first downs....
they will not only contain Barger Carton and the rest of the D line will have a filed day
And Kc o and d line are two slow to dominate and push bells line around and also to weak...

Bell names it in this one..

Have to strongly disagree with you on the criticism of KC's line. You will find on Friday night that they do have some pretty good size on the line, not mention some strength and speed. It's much of the same line that you faced last year.
Sounds like Football1 is a grade school coach.
Ive read the posts about how kc's line and how there going to dominate bell's line....i find that funny...bell had over 250 rushing yards on a nationally ranked team in alcoa and two of there defensive lineman are committing to d-1 programs..bell's line is fast...strong and big...its going to be interesting to see if knox really dominates.
Football1 Wrote:So, lets see who cares about Jr Football: Parents with sons that play in these leagues; coaches who end up with these players on their teams; newspapers who report on the results... and many others. Your point about High School being all that matters shows a limited view point. Every level matters as the success at lower levels directly contributes to success at higher levels.

Case in point: KC's dramatic rise over the last few years has as much to do with a few dedicated dads starting a Jr football program that is now feeding experienced and knowledgeable players to a very good coaching staff. They are not having to teach fundamentals; instead - they are honing skills and teaching schemes.

Toss sweep to your fastest player isn't teaching fundamentals. Daddy ball doesn't develop players either. The only advantage to having jr. football is exposure and interest in the game. Obviously you coach jr. football and I am sure you are appreciated, but don't think you are building a dynasty.
I will say this about the JR. leagues and then I will leave this subject alone. First off Bell did not even have Jr. League until the mid 90's. Second most of the Jr. League's best players rarely make stars in HS and a lot of them don't even play! I would say 25-40% of Bell's current players did not even play in LL. It's importance is highly overrated.

Bell will come out focused and get after the Panthers. They now have the attention of Bell the way Rock, Whitley and so on have for years. So to the Panthers congradulations on your sucess's because now you will no longer get overlooked by the CATS!!!
All u can say whatever u want but you know that it aint gonna matter bell will stomp knox central....49-7......it is comical that you all even thinks knox stands a chance against bell.......:dontthink
bell county fan Wrote:Ive read the posts about how kc's line and how there going to dominate bell's line....i find that funny...bell had over 250 rushing yards on a nationally ranked team in alcoa and two of there defensive lineman are committing to d-1 programs..bell's line is fast...strong and big...its going to be interesting to see if knox really dominates.

Which KC fan said anything about our line dominating Bell's? I believe it's the Bell fans who have said numerous times that your line would dominate KC's. I never stated anything to the effect of domination on KC's part. Please quote someone because nothing was said to that degree.
OK I do this for every game compare each others stats and tell who the best players are from each team but KC has turned NO stats in to the KHSAA website. So I will put Bell Co's up.

Bell Co 4-1

Avg scoring 30 pts a game
Avg giving up 16 pts a game. (In-State teams only 10 pts a game)

Has rushed for a total of 1,121 yards combined. 224 yards per game.
Has passed for a total of 553 yards combine. 111 yards per game.

Sophmore RB Cory Davenport 5 games 84 attempts 669 rushing yards 11 TD's.
Avg 133 rushing yards per game. 8 yards per carry

Junior QB Ben Madon 5 games 30 out of 50 1 INT 553 passing yards 6 TD's
66% completion rating. 110 passing yards per game. 18 yards per completion.

Junior WR Cody Davenport 5 games 11 receptions 318 receiving yards 4 TD's
64 receiving yards per game. 29 receiving yards per catch.

Junior LB John Dudley Hilton 38 solo tackles 11 assist
Junior LB Josh Brown 28 solo tackles 11 assist
Senior DL Billy Lawson 29 solo tackles 3 assist
Junior LB Justin Patterson 24 solo tackles 9 assist
ray06 Wrote:Which KC fan said anything about our line dominating Bell's? I believe it's the Bell fans who have said numerous times that your line would dominate KC's. I never stated anything to the effect of domination on KC's part. Please quote someone because nothing was said to that degree.

I did. KC will have the advantage on the Line both sides. Bell will however win the War I am afraid. Bell is just too good this year. They are very physical and athletic. Something KC just is not. I still think we will be competitive but winning will take a lot of luck.

Go Panthers!!!!!
Fiftyishfootballmom Wrote:Hoping for a Bell Co victory Friday night. Good luck to all from Alcoa

Were hoping 4 a Alcoa victory and I sure they will, Good luck to the Tornadoes..:Clap:
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:OK I do this for every game compare each others stats and tell who the best players are from each team but KC has turned NO stats in to the KHSAA website. So I will put Bell Co's up.

Bell Co 4-1

Avg scoring 30 pts a game
Avg giving up 16 pts a game. (In-State teams only 10 pts a game)

Has rushed for a total of 1,121 yards combined. 224 yards per game.
Has passed for a total of 553 yards combine. 111 yards per game.

Sophmore RB Cory Davenport 5 games 84 attempts 669 rushing yards 11 TD's.
Avg 133 rushing yards per game. 8 yards per carry

Junior QB Ben Madon 5 games 30 out of 50 1 INT 553 passing yards 6 TD's
66% completion rating. 110 passing yards per game. 18 yards per completion.

Junior WR Cody Davenport 5 games 11 receptions 318 receiving yards 4 TD's
64 receiving yards per game. 29 receiving yards per catch.

Junior LB John Dudley Hilton 38 solo tackles 11 assist
Junior LB Josh Brown 28 solo tackles 11 assist
Senior DL Billy Lawson 29 solo tackles 3 assist
Junior LB Justin Patterson 24 solo tackles 9 assist

good stats:rockon:
I will be interested to see who the Bell Co. fans think will win the Rock vs. Knox game after Friday night.

It will be a huge game between Rock and Knox and will decide who gets a home game in the playoff's and who gets to go to 3hrs. to Rowan or Lawerence.
William Muney Wrote:I will be interested to see who the Bell Co. fans think will win the Rock vs. Knox game after Friday night.

It will be a huge game between Rock and Knox and will decide who gets a home game in the playoff's and who gets to go to 3hrs. to Rowan or Lawerence.

I would say a toss up before I watch the game friday night.
I have watched both teams 1 this year and going by that and what I know they have coming back I would say ROCK will win by 2 TD's or so against KC.

They return more starters on both offense and defense from a team that nearly beat KC last year. (KC returns 7-8 starters while Rock has 15 retruning starters)The final in that game was 21-19. I would think Rock will be the 2nd place team.
I cant wait for a time when Knox Central just beats the brakes off Bell County and all who have drank the Dudley Kool aid will just shut up!
Football Fool Wrote:I cant wait for a time when Knox Central just beats the brakes off Bell County and all who have drank the Dudley Kool aid will just shut up!

So far you have waited a **** of a long time!
Don't let eat at you too much.
Just like David slew the Philistine your time is coming. Look at the middle school and all the other games played with Bell this year.
Football Fool Wrote:Just like David slew the Philistine your time is coming. Look at the middle school and all the other games played with Bell this year.

Good Lord. Hold on to your pee wee football all you want to. You just don't get it. Good luck with your dreams.
I'm sure each year listening to how your pee wee ball is doing so good will have you guys as the elite team. Well I know, you have to at least something to hold on to.
easyM Wrote:Good Lord. Hold on to your pee wee football all you want to. You just don't get it. Good luck with your dreams.
I'm sure each year listening to how your pee wee ball is doing so good will have you guys as the elite team. Well I know, you have to at least something to hold on to.

It has to start somewhere.We are trying to build it right. With disipline at all levels. We have had our trials but at least we dont comprimse just because of talent. I think you know what I am talking about. I gues the reason you all dont play pee wee it would be hard to justify a beard or a drivers permit to a third or fourth grader.
Football Fool Wrote:It has to start somewhere.We are trying to build it right. With disipline at all levels. We have had our trials but at least we dont comprimse just because of talent. I think you know what I am talking about. I gues the reason you all dont play pee wee it would be hard to justify a beard or a drivers permit to a third or fourth grader.

The last comment would be made by a Knox fan? Wow! They're well known for their 8th graders driving to school. Please don't go there.
Like your great middle school team this year that was predominantly 8th graders or hold back 8th graders that be a Bell team at the very end that started almost half 6th graders. Let's see how well your middle school does next year. What about Bell's middle school team going to the state finals to lose at the very end last year mainly because their best players had to set out at the end of the game. I guess that means we will definitely win the state in the next few years.
Hold on tight to your dreams..........
easyM Wrote:The last comment would be made by a Knox fan? Wow! They're well known for their 8th graders driving to school. Please don't go there.
Like your great middle school team this year that was predominantly 8th graders or hold back 8th graders that be a Bell team at the very end that started almost half 6th graders. Let's see how well your middle school does next year. What about Bell's middle school team going to the state finals to lose at the very end last year mainly because their best players had to set out at the end of the game. I guess that means we will definitely win the state in the next few years.
Hold on tight to your dreams..........

Wrong there brain child the middle school ony has 4 eighth graders and the big Bell state finals thing olny had about sixteen teams competing.
Lets keep this thread on-topic!
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Lets keep this thread on-topic!

He can't. He needs to start one of his own.
What is the forecast going to be at Log Mountain this Friday? Here in Northeastern Ky. thunderstorms.Confusedtrom:
Rain in the AM clearing by gametime.
easyM Wrote:He can't. He needs to start one of his own.

Me and you the omni in atlanta sat night:ChairHit:
Football Fool Wrote:Me and you the omni in atlanta sat night:ChairHit:

Mixed tag match?
easyM Wrote:Mixed tag match?

Mixed tag match no discqalifications.:redboxer:
Better be careful they may bring their JFL players.