Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Bell Co.
73.21%
Whitley Co.
26.79%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell Co @ Whitley Co 9/11
redstorm Wrote:Colonels 24 Bell Co. 13 Good Luck Bobcats, you will need it come Friday.

Bell Co doesn't need luck to win I believe that is what WC will need. The Bobcats are well prepared for this contest.
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:Last time I remember a Bell vs. Whitley game being this hype was in 1995. Whitley was 7-0 and thought to be unbeatable by their fans. Bell was 6-1 with a defeat to a TN powerhouse. That was the year Whitley was suppose to de-thrown the owners of the district in Bell. They had a ton of talent returning, huge lineman, really good backs in the Lawson boys. WYMT done a live brodcast of the game and hyped it all week. :Cheerlead

It was over by the end of the 1st. Bell was leading 14 then took a 28-0 lead into the half. So much for that. :please:

I think this game will be close but when it comes down too it Whitley can't beat Bell Co. as long as Bell plays.:dontthink

Bell will hit them on every play. This maybe 1 of the hardest hitting teams Bell has had in a while. They still are trying to figure out were to be on some plays but when they get their they bring the WOOD. Most of Whitley's players have not been hit like this in a game. They will find out real soon who Bell Co. is. Jones and Powers found out last year. It is the new guys turn now.

Throw in a little speed and watch out.

Go CATS!!!!

Could had not said it any better. The closer this game gets the better I feel about it. Whitley Co lost there top 3 leading scorers from last years team that only could score 8 points on Bell last year.

Talked to some of Bell's coaches and they will run the 5-3 like they did last year that stopped the run. Whitley will find out they will have to run and throw in this game and if they dont it can get ugly fast. Bell's passing game is absolutely amazing this year. Madon can throw the ball and all the receivers can actually catch the ball anywhere on the field. Especially Cody Davenport. Whitley fans will get tired of hearing Davenport on the play. LOL... The best RB is a Davenport and the best receiver is his older brother Davenport. :popcorn:
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Could had not said it any better. The closer this game gets the better I feel about it. Whitley Co lost there top 3 leading scorers from last years team that only could score 8 points on Bell last year.

Talked to some of Bell's coaches and they will run the 5-3 like they did last year that stopped the run. Whitley will find out they will have to run and throw in this game and if they dont it can get ugly fast. Bell's passing game is absolutely amazing this year. Madon can throw the ball and all the receivers can actually catch the ball anywhere on the field. Especially Cody Davenport. Whitley fans will get tired of hearing Davenport on the play. LOL... The best RB is a Davenport and the best receiver is his older brother Davenport. :popcorn:

I would say that is what defense that they would run because that is what Greer likes to run. That is what they started in last week against JC and Marion as well.
Amped 88 Wrote:I would say that is what defense that they would run because that is what Greer likes to run. That is what they started in last week against JC and Marion as well.
yea look for bell to run this D throughout the season...
redstorm Wrote:Colonels 24 Bell Co. 13 Good Luck Bobcats, you will need it come Friday.
more like good luck colonels cause you all will for sure need all the luck you can get..
logmountainboy64 Wrote:yea look for bell to run this D throughout the season...

I would think so too. Especially when they get to those district games and playoffs.
Bell is very much overrated and it will show after friday night. The coaches here has made that comment and you will see friday that it true. The QB can't hold last year QBs jock. You better bring a huge crowd,may not get out of here. Bell players are way to cocky and not very tough to play with the colonels this year.
From what I have seen and heard from Coach Black I respect him but I have to question some of his coaching moves in the past. That is 1 of reasons I belive Bell will win regardless. Does anyone really think Black and co. can out coach Dudley and his staff????

He has yet to prove it yet. In 06 they had Bell down only to give the game away with some poor decsions. When it comes down to it you have to belive Bell has a HUGE advantage on the sideline.
Seems someone has been drinking too much Whitley Co. Kool-aide. Don't belive the hype. Black said last year his kids did not think they could play with Bell. The confidence coming from Whitley is nothing more than "false hope."

Deep down they know!!!!
redstorm Wrote:Bell is very much overrated and it will show after friday night. The coaches here has made that comment and you will see friday that it true. The QB can't hold last year QBs jock. You better bring a huge crowd,may not get out of here. Bell players are way to cocky and not very tough to play with the colonels this year.

Redstorm you have way too much confidence in your team that has never won anything more than a regional title last year and they got rings for that. The only rings that we get at Bell Co say State Champions on them if we did that for everytime that we won the region it would be unreal. Good luck hope you are not to disappionted.:dontthink
ill say this is the game of the week IMO...go bell
redstorm Wrote:Bell is very much overrated and it will show after friday night. The coaches here has made that comment and you will see friday that it true. The QB can't hold last year QBs jock. You better bring a huge crowd,may not get out of here. Bell players are way to cocky and not very tough to play with the colonels this year.

LMAO, overrated? What do you guys think you are? Not. This years QB is better than last years imo. He's not a running QB like Zachery but he is a **** alot better passer than Zach was. Madon is also 6'4 and can see over the line with ease which helps. You guys will see.

About your alls coaches what the **** have they done in there career to know anything? I would take Dudley anyday of the week. #2 winningest coach in the State and has 3 State Championships and many many State Semi's! Just remember

Whitley fans in 07 you guys went like 2-8 and now you have 1 good year and you guys are COCKY, not our players there used to winning!

:dontthink:please:
Hate to break the news but I gurantee Bell WILL HAVE more fans than Whitley Co!! At Marion Co 3 hrs away we had about 1,500 fans there. From Pineville to Williamsburg on HWY 92 is only a 35 min drive!! So your coaches might want to worry about making more room for all that BLUE that will over take your football field!!
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Hate to break the news but I gurantee Bell WILL HAVE more fans than Whitley Co!! At Marion Co 3 hrs away we had about 1,500 fans there. From Pineville to Williamsburg on HWY 92 is only a 35 min drive!! So your coaches might want to worry about making more room for all that BLUE that will over take your football field!!

:beerwez: this is getting good now!!!!!!! ALL I can say for the fans is get some:popcorn: cause it's gonna be a looong night, and the way it looks some fans areConfusedmoke: something goood............ Bell's "D" will punish whitley till they:igiveup:.........
http://www.thetimestribune.com/sports/lo...90104.html

Nice article on tomorrow's game! Go Bobcats

http://www.thebig1063.com "The Voice Of The Bobcats"

http://www.bchssports.com "Bell County football site were you can see all games that have been played too!
Our feature back is no virgin to bringing the pain! He is a 4yr starter at back and linebacker. He also hung 130 yds. on the bobcats last year. He's averaging over 100 yds per game this year.And let me tell u one thing he is totally focused on this game.Also we have some nice speed and hands in the receiving dept. so, I'm sure Black wont be afraid to go to the air if needed. Cannot Wait !!!
Daniel_BellCo Wrote:http://www.thetimestribune.com/sports/lo...90104.html

Nice article on tomorrow's game! Go Bobcats

http://www.thebig1063.com "The Voice Of The Bobcats"

http://www.bchssports.com "Bell County football site were you can see all games that have been played too!

The part I liked was where Coach Black said he was please with his defense against Lynn Camp. I was thinking of course you would be its against Lynn Camp. How many points did Lex Cath score on Whitley Co like 33 points?

So what time does the game start, 7 or 7:30?
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:The part I liked was where Coach Black said he was please with his defense against Lynn Camp. I was thinking of course you would be its against Lynn Camp. How many points did Lex Cath score on Whitley Co like 33 points?

Yes You are Correct.
BellCoBobcatFan Wrote:

So what time does the game start, 7 or 7:30?

7:30 is what khsaa has it.
Bell 34-14
Should be a great match-up. Bell 28-21.
W.C.Wildman Wrote:Our feature back is no virgin to bringing the pain! He is a 4yr starter at back and linebacker. He also hung 130 yds. on the bobcats last year. He's averaging over 100 yds per game this year.And let me tell u one thing he is totally focused on this game.Also we have some nice speed and hands in the receiving dept. so, I'm sure Black wont be afraid to go to the air if needed. Cannot Wait !!!

You are right and wrong at the same time. Last year Wynn was an after thought. Bell knew Jones and Powers were as good as any backs they would face so they had a BULLSEYE on them.

Guess what Wynn has the BULLSEYE this year. :redboxer:
W.C.Wildman Wrote:Our feature back is no virgin to bringing the pain! He is a 4yr starter at back and linebacker. He also hung 130 yds. on the bobcats last year. He's averaging over 100 yds per game this year.And let me tell u one thing he is totally focused on this game.Also we have some nice speed and hands in the receiving dept. so, I'm sure Black wont be afraid to go to the air if needed. Cannot Wait !!!

If you talking about Josh Wynn? If so here's his stats against Bell Co last year:
Wynn 7 rush attempts for 38 yards rushing.
Wynn 3 receptions for 78 yards.
Wynn 4 tackles.

Here is what Whitley did last year rushing on Bell Co.

26 Jason Powers 14 attempts 46 yards
23 Josh Wynn 7 attempts 38 yards
33 Cody Jones 8 attempts 15 yards
24 Jamie Lebanion 5 attempts 20 yards
22 Cody Bowllin 4 attempts 32 yards
2 Athony Rider 1 attempt 6 yards
25 Alex Patrick 1 attempt 11 yards

TOTAL: 168 rushing
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:If you talking about Josh Wynn? If so here's his stats against Bell Co last year:
Wynn 7 rush attempts for 38 yards rushing.
Wynn 3 receptions for 78 yards.
Wynn 4 tackles.

Here is what Whitley did last year rushing on Bell Co.

26 Jason Powers 14 attempts 46 yards
23 Josh Wynn 7 attempts 38 yards
33 Cody Jones 8 attempts 15 yards
24 Jamie Lebanion 5 attempts 20 yards
22 Cody Bowllin 4 attempts 32 yards
2 Athony Rider 1 attempt 6 yards
25 Alex Patrick 1 attempt 11 yards

TOTAL: 168 rushing

That was what I thought. Maybe he "hung 130 yards" on our JV team in a JV game?????:eyeroll:
Hey maybe my memory wasnt right on ,I knew he had over a 100. But he is wanting the bullseye on him, thats what the triple-threat offense depends on.
I was looking at whenever someone shuts Bell's running game down they always come up with big plays from QB Ben Madon this season. Last week he went 6 of 10 passes for 145 yards and 2 TD's threw the air. Sophmore Cory Davenport had a 51 yard TD pass and his older brother Junior Cody Davenport also had a 49 yard TD pass. After all that Cory Davenport also had 110 yards on the ground on 17 carries and another TD. After that it always opens the rushing attack back up. If you notice Corey does it all. He can catch down field and rush for important yards. SR Matt Raines also had a big night with 2 TD's also. This is one of the most balanced Bobcat teams I have saw in a long time.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Hate to break the news but I gurantee Bell WILL HAVE more fans than Whitley Co!! At Marion Co 3 hrs away we had about 1,500 fans there. From Pineville to Williamsburg on HWY 92 is only a 35 min drive!! So your coaches might want to worry about making more room for all that BLUE that will over take your football field!!

Idk about that. Whitley has a lot more fans than they used to. The whole town has been talking about coming to this game. I'm not saying you are deff wrong, I'm just saying that's something I wouldn't 'gurantee'.
And just throwing this out there, even though I go to whitley, I'm not gonna get on here and say bells overratted and all that. Everyone at my school knows Bell is truly good, that's why we've anticipated this game so much. Every team has fans that will talk trash about the other though. But beat of luck to both!
Today is the day very excited ,Bell has worked hard, should be a great game.
Learned yesterday that Bell will be full strength for the 1st time in 09!!!!! No injuries so everyone is available to play!!!!!