Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who is the best high school player you ever watched?
USED2COULD Wrote:i think you mean jeremy, stanley was good, but jeremy is actually the oldest, an all american in high school and played at uk. stanley was the youngest and played at union, or did you mean players you had seen?
Players I had seen. I think I have heard of the Jeremy kid. Did anything come of him? Sounds like he might have been pretty good too.
blitz43 Wrote:89, 90, 91. #43 RB, TE, OLB, DB. I played during Gilberts lean years. Main thing though, I only lost to Matewan once...LOL
Who did you play for and what years?

I played for Tug Valley my freshman year. Then for Sheldon Clark the rest. I graduated in 99. We played Gilbert my senior year. Did you get a chance to play with Greg Robinette. He was a heck of a player as well for Gilbert.
jace7 Wrote:Players I had seen. I think I have heard of the Jeremy kid. Did anything come of him? Sounds like he might have been pretty good too.

i have no clue what happened to him after high school.
Matman Wrote:I played for Tug Valley my freshman year. Then for Sheldon Clark the rest. I graduated in 99. We played Gilbert my senior year. Did you get a chance to play with Greg Robinette. He was a heck of a player as well for Gilbert.
I did not get a chance to play with Greg. He was a Fresh. my Sr. year. As you know, back then, the High School was only 10th thru 12th. He was a bull. He was around 230 lbs., 6'2" & ran a legit 4.7 40yd. He was so big that he couldn't get stretched good and used to pull a lot of muscles. He went on to anchor the Mountaineers DL at NG. He got drafted by the Browns but got hurt before the final cut. I reckon he still holds a lot of strength and agility records at WVU. Last I heard, he was preaching now. Pretty cool.
blitz43 Wrote:I did not get a chance to play with Greg. He was a Fresh. my Sr. year. As you know, back then, the High School was only 10th thru 12th. He was a bull. He was around 230 lbs., 6'2" & ran a legit 4.7 40yd. He was so big that he couldn't get stretched good and used to pull a lot of muscles. He went on to anchor the Mountaineers DL at NG. He got drafted by the Browns but got hurt before the final cut. I reckon he still holds a lot of strength and agility records at WVU. Last I heard, he was preaching now. Pretty cool.

Yeah I used to workout with him in Charleston. When we were working out it was after he had got hurt but he was still a bull. Probally close to 280lbs. And still as strong as ever.
Matman Wrote:Yeah I used to workout with him in Charleston. When we were working out it was after he had got hurt but he was still a bull. Probally close to 280lbs. And still as strong as ever.

His dad was pretty tough on him. He had him lifting in grade school. Greg hated it. I believe he was about to quit but his dad pushed him so hard. He almost made Greg hate it. When we were in pee-wee league, Greg was always so much stronger than everyone else. I hope all is well with him now. He has a couple of cousins playing ball now at Gilbert. They are pretty good athletes.
Cody Skimmahorn (LB) Scott County
Shane Boyd
Minnifield, Henry Clay
Kevin Spurlock, Betsy Layne
87-90 Pikeville Panthers
Joey Couch, Paintsville