Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
14th Region's Best Players Ever?
Johnny Tyler Mad Cap Wrote:I think Terry North was a better shooter than Napier. JMO

I agree with that 100%!! I wished Terry North could have got to play with the 3 point line!! He would have been automatic!!
Johnny Tyler Mad Cap Wrote:Hazard: Johnny Cox, Houston Hogg, Carl Wallace, Willie Combs, David Alexander, Jon Bentley and many more deserving of mention.

M.C. Napier: Denny Fugate, Glenn Napier, Carlos Combs, Darwin Whitiaker, Jeff Smith, Claude Cooper, Shannon Hoskins, Jeff Campbell and many more.

Dilce Combs: Heston beverly, Cavanaugh Trent, kevin campbell many more

Knott county: Herbie Stamper, Rose,

buckhorn: Kenneth Neace, Jody Noble several more

There have been many great players.....Ben Bowling may have had the most natural god given talent of any though at PCC.....I cant remember if Rodney Thompson was at M.C or PCC, maybe both with James Hurley, Tim Neace, DJ Simms

Great list, have to mention Anthony Sharpey from Hazard, what a great athlete he was!! For Buckhorn, Dwayne Deaton was good as well. Rodney Thompson was at M.C. Napier, but his little brother Brandon Thompson was a goos player at PCC. Also, thought Mike Rithchie was a good player for M.C. Napier as well, big guy with a good shooting touch from around 15 feet. Daryle Slone was a good one at KCC in 1986, I had about forgot all about him. Sure is fun to read these names I haven't thought of in years!!
robert smith from owsley county was a very outstanding player
Hilbily Wrote:King Coleman from Wayland Ky. I think he had alot of personal problems and never panned out. They say he was a freak........

that is true, but king kelly was a part of the 15th region. but they do say he is one of the best high school players ever in the country
runninrebs21 Wrote:that is true, but king kelly was a part of the 15th region. but they do say he is one of the best high school players ever in the country

THE COURIER-JOURNAL.COM WEBSITE DID AN ARTICLE ON KING KELLY

COLEMAN. HE HAD A SAD LIFE STORY, COULDN'T DEAL WITH BEING IN THE

LIMELIGHT BUT NO DOUBTING HIS H.S. ABILITY, EVEN HAD RUPP

APPLAUDING HIM.
Steve Ginter from powell in 88
PC#18 Wrote:Steve Ginter from powell in 88

Where would Conrad Skidmore rank in Powell Co. best players? I remember him being pretty good, but it's been a while!! Thanks
Cardfan09 Wrote:Ben Bowling From PCC or Justin Hicks from HAzard Todd Craft from KCC probaly Justin Hicks to me

You must not have seen Ben play because Hicks could not hold his ball shoes. Bowling is the best there has ever been by far.
paul smith (owsley)
Just to name a few off the top of my head

Denny Fugate, Jeff Campbell, Hurley Combs/M.C.Napier

Johny Cox, John Bentley/Hazard

Ben Bowling, Travis Neace/PCC

Tad Brewer, Jimmy Keith/Cordia/part of the only Cordia team in history to be in the top 25 in the state.

Kevin Campbell, Cavana Trent/Dilce Combs
nickhaseyes Wrote:obviously it's Ryan Morgan
-2008-2009 KCC

are you kidding me, i see the kid all the time on the bench without a jersey i dont think he's ever played one minute of varsity, isn't he like the manger or something? the kids shot is horrible, thats like me saying chris anderson is the best dunker in the nba. i'll have some of what you are smoking,:goofy:
I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok -Shaquille O'Neal
Spartan4Life Wrote:are you kidding me, i see the kid all the time on the bench without a jersey i dont think he's ever played one minute of varsity, isn't he like the manger or something? the kids shot is horrible, thats like me saying chris anderson is the best dunker in the nba. i'll have some of what you are smoking,:goofy:

You And Him Should Play One On One.
He Is Tough
zulu Wrote:Or do they????? Performance don't either!!!

1st team all state, 2007 14th regional tournament mvp and not to mention the only years jbs won anything were his sophmore, junior, and senior year.......your right performance doesnt lie
triplemaniaman Wrote:1st team all state, 2007 14th regional tournament mvp and not to mention the only years jbs won anything were his sophmore, junior, and senior year.......your right performance doesnt lie

he got those awards mostly because of his name. he had plenty of help on those teams, and his stats DO lie. i know for a fact he did not get the stats that were recorded. i have a friend that played with him, and also talked to an ex coach of his at jbs, and both said they lied on all of his stats
SteppUp Wrote:Clark Stepp
Numbers Dont Lie

:lmao: ...hes not even in the top 25..
runninrebs21 Wrote:he got those awards mostly because of his name. he had plenty of help on those teams, and his stats DO lie. i know for a fact he did not get the stats that were recorded. i have a friend that played with him, and also talked to an ex coach of his at jbs, and both said they lied on all of his stats

i guess his name got him D1 offers too........and the people that say that stuff about the stats are full of it and the main reason jbs season ended the way it did last year. think what you want, but go back and watch some film, it wouldn't go in the kentucky record books if it wasn't for real. find some game tape from that coach that told you that and stat the game yourself
His name did help the D1 offers
SteppUp Wrote:Clark Stepp
Numbers Dont Lie

:BigLaugh:

How's he doing now?
outdoorsman43 Wrote::BigLaugh:

How's he doing now?

End of the Bench:Thumbs:
king360 Wrote::lmao: ...hes not even in the top 25..

we actually agree.. now that's scary..
dore20 Wrote:You must not have seen Ben play because Hicks could not hold his ball shoes. Bowling is the best there has ever been by far.

HIcks was a very good high school player who played with heart and a tremendous desire to win. He may not have been as talented as Ben, but where is HIcks now? He playing for a very good Pikeville team and doing quite well. No one has had his range in quite some time in this region, he was one of the best, not top ten, but he should be mentioned.
king360 Wrote:End of the Bench:Thumbs:

More Than Likely The Same Place You Was But Not At A D-1 School
SteppUp Wrote:More Than Likely The Same Place You Was But Not At A D-1 School

yeah maybe me and him could talk about how embarrasing it is for him not to see the floor..so maybe i should go play there..lol
They Wouldnt Be Interested In You
runninrebs21 Wrote:he got those awards mostly because of his name. he had plenty of help on those teams, and his stats DO lie. i know for a fact he did not get the stats that were recorded. i have a friend that played with him, and also talked to an ex coach of his at jbs, and both said they lied on all of his stats

I guess the KHSAA should listen to you, and Austin Peay's head coach should have too while he was recruiting Clark huh? Since you KNOW FOR A FACT those stats are false. I can promise you they are not. Clark earned everything he got while he was at JBS. Please tell me your sources for this info, please. People who are looking in from the outside are judging this kid all wrong.

king360 Wrote::lmao: ...hes not even in the top 25..

If you can name 25 players ahead of him, please do so. Also name 25 other players in the 14th region to sign D-1. You can say those things don't matter, but how can it not factor into it? Clark was a heck of a scorer, and a ball handler. It's amazing how much people can hate on a kid who did nothing to them, and people don't even know the kid.

king360 Wrote:yeah maybe me and him could talk about how embarrasing it is for him not to see the floor..so maybe i should go play there..lol

He signed a D-1 scholarship with a pretty darn good school. Oh because it's not Duke, Kentucky, or UNC, is it not a good sign? Who was the last player from this region to go D-1?

And good luck going and playing there, because you would sure need it.
SteppUp Wrote:They Wouldnt Be Interested In You

If Clark can do it i can do it
Did JBS keep stats using the MADOFF method
IMO Garrison Collins is a great player. Brent Hall is also a great player, so aggresive and a great rebounder.
cbb09 Wrote:IMO Garrison Collins is a great player. Brent Hall is also a great player, so aggresive and a great rebounder.

Best 14th region players ever???????????????????
Aslan Wrote:Best 14th region players ever???????????????????

My thoughts exactly