Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2009 Belfry Pirates
Belfry will remain in the same district.
Belfry's halfback is coming back, isn't he? To my understanding, Belfry's fullback graduated, and a handful of good offensive linemen graduated. After saying that, it doesn't sound too good, but I'm sure Belfry's coaches will find a way to make next year good.
I think Belfry will make it to 2nd Round playoffs then fall
Anything going in up on Pond Creek?

Seems like football doesn't even exist in Belfry anymore!
From what is going on in the weight room, it sounds like alot of players are really motivated for this year and i think coach haywood has really been pushing the freshmans just as hard as the seniors. there will be a least 2-3 freshmans who can start, they have alot of talent, and are working extreamly hard in the weight room. And even though everyone on here thinks they can only make it to the 2nd or 3rd round in the playoffs, they work to win State championships.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Belfry has several questions that will determine how far they go:

1. Will Haywood play Bentley or Williams, or will he move Thomas Varney to QB?

2. Where will the power running come from? Several very, very talented backs but all are undersized and more reliant on quickness than power.

3. Belfry will be solid in the secondary, but who is going to step up to replace Coleman, Hall, Dotson, Lee, and Webb up front.

4. O-line...Belfry is deep here but replacing Coleman, Whetstone, and Webb is a tough task.

The 2009 Belfry Pirates will have more talent to replace from any Belfry team I can remember save the 2005 Pirates. That team won a special place in Belfry fans' hearts with the way they ovrachieved and were probably an INT away from 3-peating that year.

Simply put, if Belfry wants to think of getting to th State Finals next year with a loaded Breathitt, a veteran Sheldon Clark, and Mason County all returning more players, it will involve ALOT of hard work.

If there hadn't been a death in the family the morning of the Russell game, the '05 team would have been a three-peat. That's why Matt and Doc started that game on their heels.

If a few linemen (offensively and defensively) step up then it'll be raining red well into November or December, and it won't much matter who starts at QB. Belfry won't have a power running game this coming season though I don't think. Which is fine, at this level you kind of have to adapt to the players you have.
How does the Offensive and defensive lines look to shake out next year?

I know there are a couple O-Line starters returning (Cisco & ?) and Bentley returns at TE. From what little I recall, Belfry had several other TE type bodies would looked like they could contribute in that role.

I am very excited about the secondary and offensive skill positions. There seems to be a good deal of talented/speedy Sophmores; not to mention Varney, Lovern, Maynard and #19.

I would have to agree with the optimism IF THERE IS SOME SERIOUS DEVELOPMENT ALONG THE LINES OF SCRIMMAGE!

Must be physical and stout up front to make a deep playoff run.

TongueirateSho :Cheerlead :1:
There are some great young players on this team
Belfry will be Belfry